AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-04-26, 11:42   Link #3901
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah Yui x Keima is as much yaoi as yuri. Which is none in official works

Now i'm curious, what is Keima's approach. He can be either avoiding (to strengthen the level of unrequited love for Yui, but he has no time for this) or turn the table and go with the "more aggressive" road. I mean no matter how aggressive Yui is, she's still a delicate girl, and just like Keima, will be weak against the more aggressive target. Which means if Keima steps the game and turn to be ... a bit more sexual-aggressive (like Akari and all her kisses), he will easily break Yui's pace.
Old 2011-04-26, 11:52   Link #3902
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Guys please stop supporting Yui x Keima. You are feeding the fujoshis and turning cute innocent librarians that way!
B-but that Yui's smile on that big panel page is just so cute ;_;
Not to mention tsundere Keima in this chapter too :P

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 11:55   Link #3903
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Guys please stop supporting Yui x Keima. You are feeding the fujoshis and turning cute innocent librarians that way!
but I support them. Totally. Shiori (physical) is like oil to Keima (digital).

And Yui is rich so Keima doesn't have to work (100% compatible XD)
Old 2011-04-26, 17:35   Link #3904
blade82

its totally weird that Yui can have a godess because at the time of the capture when her and Keima switched body how come he didnt feel the godess inside Yui's body
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 17:38   Link #3905
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
its totally weird that Yui can have a godess because at the time of the capture when her and Keima switched body how come he didnt feel the godess inside Yui's body
Probably cause it entered after conquest... or it was still weak.
Old 2011-04-26, 18:04   Link #3906
kagato3

Thinking on it, all of the goddess seem to have some what oppisit traits to what their host has. What if Yui has a real soft spoken shy godess.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 18:33   Link #3907
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
its totally weird that Yui can have a goddess because at the time of the capture when her and Keima switched body how come he didnt feel the goddess inside Yui's body
Not sure if iirc, but didn't one of the goddess candidates (Kanon?) have a goddess arrive inside her after she was "conquered"?

In any event, even if there was a goddess in Yui at the time when Keima was in her body that does not mean that he either could have (or even would have - did he even know about the existence of goddesses at the time?) detected it.

Hmm.

One thing that has struck me thus far is the "discrepancy" between the goddesses and the people they are inhabiting. And by discrepancy I mean how the gods have been portrayed in history and writings.

For example - Vulcan. Vulcan was the blacksmith of the gods, married to Aphrodite, and a rather ... erm ... intense masculine personality. The opposite of Tsukiyo.

Apollo kinda fits since he (another "he" being called a goddess in this story line btw, together with Vulcan and Mercury) was the "aesthetic"/artsy god of the Greeks.

What I am working up to is regarding Mercury. Mercury was the god of intelligence, merchants and messengers. I had pegged Ayumi as being inhabited by Mercury (admittedly I still do), but the mangaka threw me a curve ball with the Tsukiyo/Vulcan combination.

If the mangaka decides to pull another "fast one" (at least a fast one for me) it might be possible that Yui has Mercury inside her....
Old 2011-04-26, 18:38   Link #3908
ellifeedn
Thinker

This is a Japanese manga taking bits from Greek mythology. Obviously a lot of liberties will be taken.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 18:47   Link #3909
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
This is a Japanese manga taking bits from Greek mythology. Obviously a lot of liberties will be taken.
Heheheheheh

Of course!

Ah well ... I have never been good at "solving mysteries" or what not anyway.
Old 2011-04-26, 20:18   Link #3910
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Chapter 140:

Oh Yui. Why so awesome?

Not only is Kemia is completely caught in her pace, but also seeing how every plan he thinks up ends turning on him. Truly a God(dess) among (wo)men
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
He couldn't do that. The sensor only worked in short range and it didn't work at all when the goddesses were hiding... which they were because of Apollo's message when she was stabbed.
No, he didn't want to do that. He could've carried the sensor around for the chance where a Goddess might've surfaced (like Vulcan had done). It's a matter of making sure he isn't wasting his time, for example had he had the sensor in the library when he first encountered Yui, he could've had proof for the theory he had cooked up this chapter about the switch. He can't do that now that the sensor had been destoryed, and runs the risk of simply wasting his time on trying to win the affection of a normal girl (no matter how awesome that girl happens to be)
Quote:
How does this differ in results from directly facing the girl's reaction? He also mentioned that finding them wasn't good enough at that point but that he had to simultaneously increase their affection, which he can only do by directly facing them
Yes, finding them wasn't enough, but wasting time isn't exactly helpful either. See I have no problem with him trying to simultaneously try and empower the Goddess during the search, but it isn't going to help if one of the girls ended up not having a Goddess. The point of seeing their reaction is to make sure they were hosts.
Quote:
He didn't just eliminate her directly but thought he had already found the goddesses based on their reactions. It certainly didn't help that Yui definitely didn't directly remember him, contradicting the information he had received (I suspect it's because of the whole body switch thing that it didn't work out as normal). Even acting as Elsie wouldn't have changed this.
It would've. Yui would ask if he had another sister/look confused/make sure if he was joking etc. And let's be honest here, the scene at the library had him immediately running after quickly checking with her. You wrote yourself he already thought that he got all the four, so he didn't give Yui the time of day. He got up, certain with his conclusion, and started running.
Quote:
Then he quickly re-added her to his short-list instead of trying to shoe-horn his own theory in.
Shoehorning theories is a common fault of Keima :P hell, he even done it this chapter
Quote:
Besides being a joke in the line of TWGOK in general (the world revolves around the protagonist in galgames), he wasn't wrong. You could call this anthropic principle but that's the entire point of TWGOK where stuff that like that works in that world when it shouldn't in real life.
Just because he came out not being doesn't mean the method he used was the right method. He was using very weak bases for his conclusion, I mean did he put in that some of the girls might like him and thats why they display these emotions?

And again, my problem isn't that this wasn't ''realistic'' it was that it didn't have much proof in the manga for it to work. Keima's ''2-Goddesses-were-people-I-know-so-that-means-the-other-4-are-the-same'' theory is fine with me, so long as he had proof for it, which he didn't, and the way he was ignoring other options of making sure his picks were correct without saying why is what I have a problem with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Thinking on it, all of the goddess seem to have some what oppisit traits to what their host has. What if Yui has a real soft spoken shy godess.
I don't think so. I mean Diana sure, but Apollo isn't really an opposite from Kanon as much as more level headed (and she's meant to be the muse for the arts iircc) and Vulcan, while more headstrong than Tsukiyo, is actually just as posh (considering her background) and impulsive under that calm demeanor.
Old 2011-04-27, 00:24   Link #3911
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Not sure if iirc, but didn't one of the goddess candidates (Kanon?) have a goddess arrive inside her after she was "conquered"?

In any event, even if there was a goddess in Yui at the time when Keima was in her body that does not mean that he either could have (or even would have - did he even know about the existence of goddesses at the time?) detected it.

Hmm.

One thing that has struck me thus far is the "discrepancy" between the goddesses and the people they are inhabiting. And by discrepancy I mean how the gods have been portrayed in history and writings.

For example - Vulcan. Vulcan was the blacksmith of the gods, married to Aphrodite, and a rather ... erm ... intense masculine personality. The opposite of Tsukiyo.

Apollo kinda fits since he (another "he" being called a goddess in this story line btw, together with Vulcan and Mercury) was the "aesthetic"/artsy god of the Greeks.

What I am working up to is regarding Mercury. Mercury was the god of intelligence, merchants and messengers. I had pegged Ayumi as being inhabited by Mercury (admittedly I still do), but the mangaka threw me a curve ball with the Tsukiyo/Vulcan combination.

If the mangaka decides to pull another "fast one" (at least a fast one for me) it might be possible that Yui has Mercury inside her....
The goddesses are explained as descendants. New Hell is established only what three centuries?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 01:42   Link #3912
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Keima: *rage* *rage* *rage*
Yui: "My family is rich, so you wouldn't have to work. You could play games as much as you want..."
Keima: *ra―* "...Really?"

Comedy gold. Yui is awesome. It amazes me how people can't get over the whole "acts/dresses like a boy" thing. She's still quite obviously a very cute girl. You guys do realize that a large part of the humor involved is laughing at Shiori for being too oblivious to realize that, right? That wouldn't have worked with most of the series' heroines, but let's just say Shiori's a bit more...imaginative...than most...

And there's about as much yaoi in this chapter as there was guro. None. Even with Keima as the capture target, it's as a heroine, not an uke...
Old 2011-04-27, 02:42   Link #3913
Xenosnake
Badass

Yup, as long as Yui still has the boobs and the vagoo, good to go.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 03:48   Link #3914
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Yup, as long as Yui still has the boobs and the vagoo, good to go.

Yup yup. Keima will just have to be the one ridden, whether it's on the floor or against the wall.

Hopefully a lot more opportunities for Haqua to tease Keima, like the 'Keima-chan, here's your pink chopsticks moment'
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 03:53   Link #3915
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Hopefully a lot more opportunities for Haqua to tease Keima, like the 'Keima-chan, here's your pink chopsticks moment'
Finally after all that time being humiliated(?) by Keima not wanting her body Haqua now knows his weakness!

Indeed very useful information.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 03:55   Link #3916
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Not to mention this whole chapter was basically 'okay, being beta and bottom isn't going to cut it... I will just have to be more alpha than the alpha girl and be more on top on the top."

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 05:40   Link #3917
MartianMage

Look like I'm right again with my goddess guesses. Of course it's still not confirmed but I'll really laugh if I'm right since my original guess from months back is that Tsukiyo and Yui will have goddesses and not Ayumi. XD
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 05:42   Link #3918
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Keima: *rage* *rage* *rage*
Yui: "My family is rich, so you wouldn't have to work. You could play games as much as you want..."
Keima: *ra―* "...Really?"

Comedy gold. Yui is awesome. It amazes me how people can't get over the whole "acts/dresses like a boy" thing. She's still quite obviously a very cute girl.
Her clothes are fucking ugly though which makes her the most ugly girl present. I really hope she has no godess and can be discarded as fast as possible. ANY girl is better than her.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 07:01   Link #3919
tsunade666

it looks like at the end of the chapter. Kami decides to become a god again. But with it. it will probably lead to smaller time spent or none at all on the other girls.
Old 2011-04-27, 07:25   Link #3920
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Chapter 140 is Saintess' worst nightmare.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen