Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-17, 18:02   Link #41
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That being said, a harem anime that hasn't reached any part of the harem by the end of ep 2 feels kinda blasphemous .
I get the feeling I come from another time line. AFAIK in a harem anime, the first heroine is introduced in the first episode (check) but the rest of the harem is introduced later on. For example, in Heaven's Lost Property, Nymph is introduced until episode 6 and Astrea in episode 16.

Just like our protagonist here expects to get a special magic item at the start (Durandal), nowadays harem anime viewers expect to get the "goods" right out of the door.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 12:57   Link #42
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, the 3rd episode was rather intense. I really liked how raw the whole scheme was in order to acquire the funds needed to buy Roxanne. He didn't just run across the first pair of bandits he saw and steamrolled them with his special weapon to get the funds. Coming up with the plan of letting the bandit steal his sword to lower his guard, then use the conjured sword to kill him was golden. Then, slitting the throats of the other bandits while they were asleep... I thought that was cold, however, I liked the realistic approach, given what he was up against(though there might be a slight inconsistency, considering the beginning fight in ep1). Man had no qualms about killing these guys(til after the fact of course), all in the pursuit of a slave. That was excellent build-up for me. With all that happened, it made me feel like he truly earned the right to acquire Roxanne.

I thought the old man was going to trick him at the very end, but looks like he wasn't a con man(at least so far). I certainly expected him to be given how he tried to coerce Michio to buy from him in the first episode.

As great as it has been, I'm not sure how I'll feel about the inevitable dynamic change that will come. It is a harem show(if the title is to be believed), but the haremless road that's been traversed so far has been interesting for me. I just hope it doesn't lose that appeal amid the ecchi bits that are to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I get the feeling I come from another time line. AFAIK in a harem anime, the first heroine is introduced in the first episode (check) but the rest of the harem is introduced later on. For example, in Heaven's Lost Property, Nymph is introduced until episode 6 and Astrea in episode 16.

Just like our protagonist here expects to get a special magic item at the start (Durandal), nowadays harem anime viewers expect to get the "goods" right out of the door.
Never watched HLP, but glancing at the first episode, he gets the angel girl in the first episode. Much different than here, boi gets teased with but a glimpse of his first harem member and must work to earn her acquisition over the next two episodes, instead of said harem member falling right into their lap.

But nonetheless, I didn't have any expectation; that was more an observation. For me, its been pretty good without the harem. Wish more stories build up slowly like this(though you may be right in that people who are looking for this kind of show with harem might want the whole schbang in the first ep).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 16:25   Link #43
grecefar

Now with roxanne the ecchi part can start, but to be honest I've been enjoying it like this.

I wonder if he has now the assassin job after what he pull.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 16:27   Link #44
Frontier

Michio finally visits the red light district and it looks like a red light district. Good on him for saving himself up for Roxanne, I can think of a few men who probably wouldn't have his restraint .

It really is kind of surreal seeing Michio basically investigate and systematically plan out assassinating some bandits, especially while they are asleep. Like, I'm sure they're all criminals who some would say have it coming, but he just goes ahead and does that so he can pay for a slave girl he can (ostensibly) have his way with .

Also, bare naked bandit girl, in case you needed more overt fanservice .

"I knew you could do it" - does he say that to all the clients who succeed in bringing him money or did he really mean that ?

Well, Michio finally has Roxanne! And she seems happy he succeeded, even if she's also a little self-conscious because she wasn't sure if he would....it'll be interesting to see how their relationship progresses from here .
Old 2022-07-20, 22:44   Link #45
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Now with roxanne the ecchi part can start, but to be honest I've been enjoying it like this.
I get the feeling that the sex scenes will be just teased at, because hey, what better reason to get the discs?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.187254

It seems next episode(4) will be Roxanne centric, that would be the 1/3 mark, by those numbers alone does seem first cour will not reach haremettes #4 & #5.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 05:29   Link #46
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Guess they're baiting people using the OP. If you want to see the rest of the harem, support the series. Because I really doubt we will even reach the 3rd one at this pace. I can see them reaching the 2nd one close to the end of the season but that's it. Or maybe, there's a 2nd cour to this airing in Winter that may cover the rest.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 07:53   Link #47
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I get the feeling that the sex scenes will be just teased at, because hey, what better reason to get the discs?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.187254
I imagine, but I didn't expect the sex to be honest but I do thing there will be more nudes.

The first 3 chapters felt more like a serious isekai than a typical harem one, that now with roxanne here it will go that way.
Old 2022-07-21, 08:45   Link #48
LG-MAX 2.o

Ep 4 preview

Just a preliminary information, the anime is the most accessed on the AT-X channel since it debuted.

https://www.at-x.com/
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-21, 11:51   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally made it and got the girl. And glad at least the MC was still battling with the path he took. It's fine within the sense of morals in this world and that's just the way it is. But it's still a pretty crazy thing that he had to process his way through. The first guy is fine since he started it (although that was the plan) but the others definitely would take some processing through since he did kill them in their sleep (mostly).

Gathered his funds and got his slave girl. So...alls well that ends well . And probably won't keep hunting down bandits like crazy...until the next girl he buys I guess. But for now can settle in a bit and maybe do more dungeon crawling.
Old 2022-07-21, 12:31   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

Premiere was ok but these following two eps have been pretty dull.
Old 2022-07-27, 11:19   Link #51
Frontier

Thank you innkeeper for getting the right idea and helping further along things between Michio and Roxanne .

Well, to Michio's credit, he seems to want to keep Roxanne as comfortable as possible and not force himself on her (beyond the fact that she's now duty bound to basically do whatever he asks), and seems to be trying to get to know her better .

I love how Roxanne still kept her maid outfit for possible future use and in case Michio is into that .

Roxanne seems...decidedly more confident about going into the labyrinth than I expected. Or about taking care of their equipment and items .

Nothing bonds a pair quite like a shopping trip! Even buying new underwear .

First proper Roxanne stripping scene! And Michio can't help but stare at that fine butt and tail he wants to touch !

The pair washing each other off before sex...which gives Michio a chance to feel up Roxanne's massive honkers that were even better than his imagination. And now they're all his !

It's time for the main event, and it starts with a kiss but gets progressively more involved until the two are finally doing it and Michio gets more aggressive and intimate...and the morning after was pretty nice too, especially with Roxanne's good morning kiss .

Now it's back to the labyrinth with Roxanne in tow .
Old 2022-07-27, 12:09   Link #52
AP24

You have to watch the uncensored version to fully enjoy it
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 13:44   Link #53
LG-MAX 2.o

Hentai with good animation.

Isekai Meikyu >>>>>>>>>>> Bastard.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 14:00   Link #54
Lex79

Yeah the censorship was really bad...I'd be fine with paying a bit more for my subscription in order to get uncensored anime.
Old 2022-07-27, 15:36   Link #55
Strahan

It's funny how he's simultaneously pushy, yet somewhat timid lol

Spoiler:

Maybe at first, when it's a novelty, but that wears off pretty quick in my experience heh. Either one lays like that and the bloodflow gets cut to the arm and you get to suffer the pins and needles joy of paresthesia or she lays against you and you roast
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 16:28   Link #56
grecefar

Nice chapter, it doesn't seem that roxanne is in love with him, is more like she is doing her duty for now.
Old 2022-07-27, 16:32   Link #57
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
it doesn't seem that roxanne is in love with him, is more like she is doing her duty for now.
Why would you expect her to be in love with MC?
Its only been a few hours since he purchased her, and before that they had only met once.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-27, 17:14   Link #58
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Why would you expect her to be in love with MC?
Its only been a few hours since he purchased her, and before that they had only met once.
Well, he never looked at her as slave and she has hear bad stories about other masters, then this guy comes and treat her kindly and buy her everything she wants, and he never rush in the sex scene and was treating her like a lover, well that all it's needed for her to fall in love.

this is anime, girls fall in love with mc for less.
Old 2022-07-28, 00:05   Link #59
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

With the sound effects even. Wow. Definitely needed to be watched uncensored.

Still, that's only 1 so far so not yet a harem. Will definitely take a while to get another one since he needs to build up more funds after spending on Roxanne and their equipment. On the plus side, farming in the labyrinth will be faster now that he has a companion. Roxanne seems very eager regarding combat. She changes her expression when the topic is combat and equipment regarding fighting. And we see how she moves in the OP so maybe she's a combat junkie. Maybe she feels happy to be with Michio since he's an adventurer that explores the labyrinths.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 00:22   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of like that the road to real romantic interest seems to be a ways off. Getting into Roxanne's mindset as a slave it would probably take time before she'd even consider it proper to fall in love. She's just taking the job as it is. I'm sure she's relieved that things are way better than they could be considering the possibilities. But it's good that things will take some time to build up on the emotional level.

Definitely an episode that had to be watched uncensored. Just for the sake of not being negatively distracted.

So he's finally got one character. Now to see how many he actually picks up before the show ends. Since I'm definitely not counting that random scene in episode 2!

Tags
adult, ecchi