AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-04-28, 23:55   Link #241
PaperFeather
Across the Comet Clouds..

Send a message via MSN to PaperFeather
huh? now, i read the first post and found out that the competition(whatever it is) is already over, so we are having ANOTHER ONE?!? nee...
a duet karaoke competition huh...
can i ask a stupid question? okay, for my condition, it's simply impossible to drag my friend to my house to record an entry... what should i do?
(O.O) also, if 4 person were to share a mic it's sure tiring...
PaperFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 03:32   Link #242
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote on kcl

Quote:
But yea - next karaoke competition is in June, and is the duets. And no, singing with yourself does not count as a duet, even with harmonies involved. Guess I'll have to think of the rules soon.
But we will get an Website for the Karaoke Competition until then.

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 07:22   Link #243
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperFeather
okay, for my condition, it's simply impossible to drag my friend to my house to record an entry... what should i do?
They don't all have to be in the same location to record. If that was a requirement, I think a lot of people would be broke by now or find it impossible to record.

Each person can record their own parts individually and then mix all of them together with the off-vocal music. For this case, I suggest (other people can feel free to agree or disagree) that you might want to do this more than once to hear how everyone sounds together.

Also, you should consider recording your individual singing a cappella (without the backing music) so that it's easier to mix.
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 09:22   Link #244
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

Duet competition coming up (Need Karaoke Partner)

i'm looking for a partner, for the next karaoke competition. the easiest way would be for someone to pick a bunch of songs and i could look them over i guess...i don't think i'm that good of a singer but i still enjoy doing it, i don't even care if you want me to sing a girls part...i have really good prenounciation if that helps...

i'll even audition in the song you want...i don't mind...

please reply here if you want a partner

P.S. I'm CloudStrife on #animesuki if you didn't know...

Last edited by <xellos>; 2006-04-29 at 09:36.
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 10:08   Link #245
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:
huh? now, i read the first post and found out that the competition(whatever it is) is already over, so we are having ANOTHER ONE?!? nee...
a duet karaoke competition huh...
can i ask a stupid question? okay, for my condition, it's simply impossible to drag my friend to my house to record an entry... what should i do?

I like to confuse people, pretty much.

I actually started them because people wanted to sing so I said why not and organized them. Right now I have people asking me to do it more frequently, but if I did that I would be broke, so I decided to do the regular twice a year and duets once a year... Maybe I'll change that, who knows.

Also, you don't have to have 4 people singing at the same time - that number is the number of partners you can have, meaning how many different entries you can sing. The full rules will be made known soon, hopefully, so people don't get confused by it. I think most veteran participants know the rules so just ask away.
Old 2006-04-30, 02:59   Link #246
PaperFeather
Across the Comet Clouds..

Send a message via MSN to PaperFeather
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket
Each person can record their own parts individually and then mix all of them together with the off-vocal music. For this case, I suggest (other people can feel free to agree or disagree) that you might want to do this more than once to hear how everyone sounds together.

Also, you should consider recording your individual singing a cappella (without the backing music) so that it's easier to mix.
wow... (O.O) it sounds hard... i can't even spell the word 'mix'... and that requires certain softwares?
I'm being more and more stupid
PaperFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 11:03   Link #247
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
wow... (O.O) it sounds hard... i can't even spell the word 'mix'... and that requires certain softwares?
I'm being more and more stupid
Mixing is basically taking two or more sounds and combining them together. Whether or not they sound good is up to the people involved.

As for software, you can use programs like Adobe Audition or so on. However, a free alternative that works for most people is to use Audacity which has a version for Windows, Linux and Mac.
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 16:36   Link #248
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
i'm looking for a partner, for the next karaoke competition. the easiest way would be for someone to pick a bunch of songs and i could look them over i guess...i don't think i'm that good of a singer but i still enjoy doing it, i don't even care if you want me to sing a girls part...i have really good prenounciation if that helps...

i'll even audition in the song you want...i don't mind...

please reply here if you want a partner

P.S. I'm CloudStrife on #animesuki if you didn't know...
Girl's part in a duet? Try Houki Kumo (Yakitate!! Japan OP). I have highlighted lyrics if you want.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 17:48   Link #249
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

i apologize, i would like to rescind my previous post...after trying to sing a couple things i found i don't really want to bring anyone down as a partner
Old 2006-05-01, 06:31   Link #250
Vaines
Imagination's fool

Send a message via MSN to Vaines
If I had a bit more time, and knew how to use such software (I got some I think, but I'm not acquainted with sound programs), I'd be very interested to participate, I sang in a choir for over 6 years as a Tenor ^^

Although I never tried sining Japanese songs
Vaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 22:10   Link #251
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaines
If I had a bit more time, and knew how to use such software (I got some I think, but I'm not acquainted with sound programs), I'd be very interested to participate, I sang in a choir for over 6 years as a Tenor ^^

Although I never tried sining Japanese songs
If you want, you can send me the voice recording and I'll mix it with the music. Or you can get a partner to do it for you (since the next competition is the duets).
Or you can work on it for the solo and I'll still mix it for you. Fresh bloo- I mean, new people are always nice.
Old 2006-05-09, 10:21   Link #252
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

ok well i have re-decided to do this, i'm looking for a partner for Days by Flow...i know Nikolai did it already for the solo comp before, but i have been practicing this rap part in it and i have almost nailed it...so i just need someone to help with the singing, preferrably the first voice.

any deadlines or anything set for this comp yet kcl?
Old 2006-05-09, 18:45   Link #253
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
ok well i have re-decided to do this, i'm looking for a partner for Days by Flow...i know Nikolai did it already for the solo comp before, but i have been practicing this rap part in it and i have almost nailed it...so i just need someone to help with the singing, preferrably the first voice.

any deadlines or anything set for this comp yet kcl?
LOL, I'm trying to convince one of my partners to sing the 1st voice for this song ( and the 2nd voice has to be done by me )
Old 2006-05-09, 19:59   Link #254
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

i guess i could do the first voice for you. i can't say i would be good at either...i wouldn't want to bring you down, but i do know i can do the rap part except for 3 words...he just pronounces them weird

if you want(although i need a new program) i could record a bit and send it to you to see if you like it

EDIT: After another half our of practice i can do the whole rap part

Last edited by <xellos>; 2006-05-09 at 20:11.
Old 2006-05-09, 21:17   Link #255
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Deadline has not been set in stone yet, but think of it as sometime in June (mid-june?). Or possible the first week of July. But for now, think of it as mid-June to be safe.
Good to know you're aboard!

PS: They're 2 people.
Old 2006-05-10, 10:49   Link #256
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Aah, mou. I want someone to sing "Bouken, Deshou? Deshou?!" with me!
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 13:28   Link #257
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

Mmm, anyone want to sing with me? I'm still open to partners...

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 16:50   Link #258
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
i guess i could do the first voice for you. i can't say i would be good at either...i wouldn't want to bring you down, but i do know i can do the rap part except for 3 words...he just pronounces them weird

if you want(although i need a new program) i could record a bit and send it to you to see if you like it

EDIT: After another half our of practice i can do the whole rap part

Hehe thank you, but I'm still doing a duet with him (ne? My potential 'DAYS' partner? ) so I can't accept ( and no, you wouldn't 'bring me down', a partner can only bring me up )

Btw, I am supposed to sing my part in the 'rap part' too ( I already have a recording of it lol )
Old 2006-05-11, 00:11   Link #259
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I'm still open to duets with 2 more people. My new place isn't very soundproof but I'll see what I can do should I need to sing more songs.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 05:09   Link #260
Shiemi
Counting days

Well, I still have one slot open and I should really be practicing the three songs I'm already in. Two of them I have practiced before, but there's one I haven't even tried and it's the most difficult. Eep!!!

Li Jianling, if you want you can sing with me. I have a song I recently bought (the single CD with DVD version) called HIKARU Stage (sung by Harenchi Punch). It was the last ending for a kind of rare kiddie anime called Mushiking (King of Beetle). I'm rather fond of that song although the single was released quite recently so I'm not sure if the romaji lyrics can be found online. I have to check.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition