AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you cry during episode 80?
Like a baby 6 4.72%
Yeah, a little 21 16.54%
It was close, but I held out 34 26.77%
Nope, not at all 38 29.92%
Cry during a cartoon? You guys are pussies. 28 22.05%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-25, 15:12   Link #1
Peare

Episode 80: Did You Cry?

The last episode was pretty sad. So did you shed a tear?
Peare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:16   Link #2
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
no. who did? did you?
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:16   Link #3
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
it was touching and everything, i dont kno what else to say.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:19   Link #4
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Didn't cry ... but very sad indeed. I hadn't felt that sad since Haku/Zabuza death. It was almost as touching as Spike's "Bang".

I thought 79 was sadder though . The part where Sarutobi is about to die and right before he goes he blinks and he sees the yound Orochimaru there. Shows that even after all that he can't get himself to realize that the person in front of him is a psycho killer and not the kid he used to love so much. Both episodes were really touching though.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:23   Link #5
Jitamaru

Yeah i did, just a little. I found out that after i had my daughter, im a sentimental fewl. Especially when it involves kids and being upset, like konohomaru was.

Anyways, ill have to watch it again, but i though the person Sarutobi was seeing as he was dieing was Orochimaru in his true body, that of the girl? Like i said, ill have to go back and rewatch the end.
Jitamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:23   Link #6
AburameShino

I didn't cry at this one, sad as it was. The real tear-jerker for me was when Gaara fought Lee, and Lee couldn't become a ninja...The tears were flowing, but only the second time watching it.
*opens up to strangers*
AburameShino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 15:33   Link #7
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitamaru
Yeah i did, just a little. I found out that after i had my daughter, im a sentimental fewl. Especially when it involves kids and being upset, like konohomaru was.

Anyways, ill have to watch it again, but i though the person Sarutobi was seeing as he was dieing was Orochimaru in his true body, that of the girl? Like i said, ill have to go back and rewatch the end.

No when he blinked he saw Oro as a kid, and even though he was killed by him he still had a smile on his face remembering the little Orochimaru.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 16:37   Link #8
_Riku_

nah...It was touching but I have never ever cried during a movie,anime etc...I might find it tragic and feal sympathy(or how u spell it)
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 16:43   Link #9
Blitz59

Naah..only time i've been close to crying was at the end with zabuza and haku I think..and tears of happiness at different kickass occassions(wont mention any in detail not to spoil anything).
Blitz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 16:52   Link #10
Saaruto
Anime Watcher

Send a message via AIM to Saaruto Send a message via MSN to Saaruto
Never cried during anime. But maybe The Last Samurai
Saaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:23   Link #11
7thMethuselah

it wasn't a sad episode at all, not really,...

If their was any episode in Naruto where I would cry than it would be at the death of Haku, actually I almost cried there.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:41   Link #12
wnkryo
HainShodan

I didn't even remotely come close to having watery eyes. Infact, I was so eager for him to die that I was happy when he did hit the bucket.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:45   Link #13
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

It felt as if I had a huge block in my throat; and because I didn't blink for quite some time already (always have that during Naruto...) I almost got a tear poppin' out. it was close, which is quite rare for me... I was just so touched by Konohamaru, I felt so sorry for him, don't know why...
Kabuto Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:23   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I didn't even remotely come close to having watery eyes. Infact, I was so eager for him to die that I was happy when he did hit the bucket.
Sadly this is how I felt as well when watching the anime because of how long the "battle" was dragged out...in the manga at least I could quickly glance over the frames/pages. While I recognize his sacrifice and dedication to his people, his death came as no surprise from the moment he did the death-god summon so I already had time to prepare and buffer the grief.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:24   Link #15
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

i actually almost shed a tear more in 79, when naruto was gathering the last bit of chakra, and then it showed all the different people fighting, that was more emotional to me

but yes 80 was quite sad
<xellos> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:25   Link #16
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
It was touching and all but I didnt. (Manga also kinda ruins that stuff lol)
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:33   Link #17
Demon
Fire Shadow Jouin

Location: Can u help me im lost? I need to get to the Naruto forum
It was sad but i didnt cry.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:38   Link #18
Joe Dalton

when zabuza was next 2 haku i was crying and with some other anime but this wasnt made into a verry sad and emotional moment.
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:46   Link #19
momojigari
Great I-Jin

Nah..i think sand got into my eye or something that's why there was a tear ;.....o)

But indeed, 'twas quite a sad episode. Its gonna be one of my favorites for quite a while.

Oh and to those that say that you haven't cried watching a movie.....have u seen Titanic....i almost cried because it was taking too damn long to finish for the bstrd to die already! heehe..but seriously, the movie that made me sad enuff to shed a tear would be LION KING when Simba remembering stuff about his dad..c'mon, don't tell me you didn't cry on that one when u were a kid
momojigari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:47   Link #20
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
lol no, I didn't.
I never cried watching Naruto. It's not as touching as Grave of the Fireflies, perhaps the most touching anime I've ever seen. I cried like a baby when I watched it

The only animes I've cried are Grave of the Fireflies and the Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen OVA. For someone like me who was very addicted to Kenshin, that OVA was very touching
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote