Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-09, 10:59   Link #6261
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Ahaa sorry i'm not a hero.The hero for today is the true voters

As i said,let it just be me to enjoy these kind of feeling.Its like watching a movie,about a dark organization that love to spread out shits and junks,causing nothing but troubles,but in the end,its they themselves eat their own shits and junks~

I'm pretty sure everyone are hoping for such ending too.
Old 2007-10-09, 10:59   Link #6262
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
For me, Tsukasa trying to program her cell phone was funnier than anything I saw in SnHY after about episode #3.
Did you mean Suzumiya Haruhi or Seto no Hanayome? I only ask because you were talking about Seto before, but that's the abbreviation for Haruhi, so I'm sort of confused. I'm assuming you meant Haruhi, but I thought I would make sure.

I think I've just decided to never refer to a series by anagram ever again. I never realized how confusing it could look to someone else.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:05   Link #6263
RevanAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Did you mean Suzumiya Haruhi or Seto no Hanayome? I only ask because you were talking about Seto about, but that's the abbreviation for Haruhi, so I'm sort of confused.

I think I've just decided to never refer to a series by anagram ever again. I never realized how confusing it could look to someone else.
SnHY != SHnY

And to margafred... wtf? You're sitting around gloating that Hayate lost because "CLEARLY" underhanded tactics were directed at helping Hayate win... when the fact is that relatively speaking, not much at all was done to make Hayate win. I have no reason to accuse anyone of anything because really, the fake voting was rather light overall in the match, but it's obvious that if anything, underhanded tactics were used more strongly in an effort to make Hayate LOSE than the other way around.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:06   Link #6264
ando

Block Semi-final(10/10)

Today's result was confirmed.

E3-1
<<真紅@ローゼンメイデン オーベルテューレ>>(Shinku@Rozen Maiden Ouverture)
<<厳島貴子@乙女はお姉さまに恋してる>>(Itsukushima Takako@Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru)
Spoiler for reference data of E3-1:

F3-2
<<瀬戸燦@瀬戸の花嫁>>(Seto San@Seto no Hanayome)
<<柊つかさ@らき☆すた>>(Hiiragi Tsukasa@Lucky Star)
Spoiler for reference data of F3-2:

Current voting thread:
アニメ最萌トーナメント2007 投票スレRound218
http://etc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1191937623/
Old 2007-10-09, 11:07   Link #6265
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The problem is, you're not making any sense. Why would you be glad that Hayate lost? Sure, it would make sense if you found Yuno more moe, or just wanted her to win in general. But you're accusing Hayates fan-base of being dirty cheaters and this round, they where anything but that. Hayate received over 100 fake votes, Yuno received a mere 40+. Why are you glad that Hayate lost and not Yuno? This is what I don't understand. Because from what you said, you merely wished upon Hayates demise for being a "so called" cheater, which she never was.
He's just looking at the other side of the 2-edge sword of Fake Voting. That's the 'wonderful' thing about Fake Votes - you can argue them to agree with your point no matter which side you take. margafred's view is logically defendable, though it's also logically breakable. Does it matter whether it's valid?

Oh and SHnY = Haruhi, SnHY = Seto.
No I don't know why people put the "Y" of "SnH"

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-10-09, 11:08   Link #6266
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Ahaa sorry i'm not a hero.The hero for today is the true voters
i think you are using black and white analogy a bit too much.
I loathe at fake votes, but it isn't anything worse than "voting against X character", while the person doesn't know jack of the opposite character. (that's why i respect a lot people who actually pass on votes and such)

basically, fake votes are a bit silly because generally speaking, you are "supposed" to vote for your favoutire moe of the bracket. that said, voting for someone just because you don't want her opponent to go further isn't anything better than disrupting the vote count (which is hardly critical, because taking seriously the interim vote counts is simply irrelevant)

"true voters" should be actually the people who vote for the true purpose of this tournament, moe. while "your moe isn't my moe", i can't see anything wrong with sparely voting. that said, it isn't nothing that idyllic, and it is rather a battle of popularity, with the usual monster trucks as known as RM faction and Nanoha legions.

that's the jungle law of the saimoe, and seriously, being delighted of such result isn't exactlya s "healthy" as the plotters behind the scenes.

not really a focused rant on anyone, but i think votes should be cast on more on a personal opinion instead of scheme, revenge etc.

meh, i dream a bit too much.

back "on topic", today's votes for me are :
<<厳島貴子@乙女はお姉さまに恋してる>>(Itsukushima Takako@Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru)
simply, her "tsundere" type is not too bad, and she has rather a powerful deredere.
And to be honest, I felt Shinku too bland in comparison, while she is indeed, an enjoyable doll character (unlike suiseiseki who pick on my nerves)

<<瀬戸燦@瀬戸の花嫁>>(Seto San@Seto no Hanayome)
San is not the dumb "wife cliché" (*ouch* nerine from shuffle *cough*). Very cute, overkill nekomimi moments, dedicate and has a lot of CLASS.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:14   Link #6267
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanAD View Post
SnHY != SHnY
That's kind of what I was thinking, but why do we use SnHY instead of SnH? That's a rhetorical question I guess, but it seems like it unnecessarily complicates things. On the other hand, I stopped watching SnH(Y?) after about a dozen episodes, so it's not likely that I'll ever need to refer to it again.

Again, another reason why I think I may just wash my hands of using acronyms all together.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
No I don't know why people put the "Y" of "SnH"
Ahh, well, at least it's not just me.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:16   Link #6268
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Whew. 48 votes ain't much...

Maybe promoting a Hina vote in the Eclipse IRC channel helped a bit ^_^

Thanks for everyone who participated!!
Yay, go Mentar! That might have made a big difference considering the Eclipse IRC has 1k people sitting in it.

I'm really glad to see that Hinagiku won, but I sure hope that she doesn't accumulate too much anti-votes from Evangeline fans just because it only gets harder from here on out.

As for today, it's the epic match of Fate vs. Gin Round 2! And I'm voting for...

Spoiler for My Vote for Best Moe, 11th Round:

I didn't expect both StrikerS girls to win one of their matches, but I thought at least one of them would. I felt that Hayate would have a better chance, since coming out of A's, Hayate is much more moe than Vita, but oh well. This pretty much guarantees Nanoha a spot in the Elite Eight.

Spoiler for My Votes for Saimoe:
Old 2007-10-09, 11:17   Link #6269
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
The topic on Fake votes is a load of crap if you ask me. Especially in the later rounds you guys honestly think that fake votes will swing the votes of people who are truly loyal to their chosen moe character? Fake votes are only a mear distraction from the real votes and as long as people vote for who they really want to go through then the fakes wont do any harm. If you really have to blame it just blame it on the people who are indecisive with their choices and that are easily swayed when "one side gets more votes than the other".

edit: people use SnHY just to be dam confusing or annoying...SnH is the proper way to abbreviate it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-09, 11:17   Link #6270
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The problem is, you're not making any sense. Why would you be glad that Hayate lost? Sure, it would make sense if you found Yuno more moe, or just wanted her to win in general. But you're accusing Hayates fan-base of being dirty cheaters and this round, they where anything but that. Hayate received over 100 fake votes, Yuno received a mere 40+. Why are you glad that Hayate lost and not Yuno? This is what I don't understand. Because from what you said, you merely wished upon Hayates demise for being a "so called" cheater, which she never was.
Yea she never was.I never say Hayate was a cheater or what.But i knew those who're wishing for Hayate to proceed,especially those who're willing to do anything for it,will come out and plotting something dirty again.

I never feel glad or happy about Hayate's loss.In fact if these match was held in a more fair way,i would for sure,rooting for Hayate instead of Yuno.But i knew that's just impossible.

So what issit that i'm so happy about? >> Their failure-ness in their godamn underhanded strategy to give Hayate a win.

I don't mind if its Yuno or Hayate that was losing the match.Like i said if this match was held in a better/fair environment,i myself will go for Hayate instead of Yuno.I never watch Hidamari Sketch at all,so i don't have any concrete reason to go for her.

But i knew those underhand-tactician voters will try to give Hayate a winning.I got the feeling they won't let Yuno wins the match instead.That's why i change my mind and focusing my vote on Yuno instead of Hayate.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:18   Link #6271
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Takako can do a Reppuken. That's enough for me.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:20   Link #6272
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
He's just looking at the other side of the 2-edge sword of Fake Voting. That's the 'wonderful' thing about Fake Votes - you can argue them to agree with your point no matter which side you take. margafred's view is logically defendable, though it's also logically breakable. Does it matter whether it's valid?
I don't consider fake voting a double edged sword. People who spend all their time fake voting their opposition into oblivion would know whether or not it helps their character prevail. Not only do peoples comments I constantly see about 'wanting to help the underdog' because she is currently losing, harden my belief about fake voting not being a double edged sword, but also, let's face it, rarely do characters who are heavily fake voted actually win.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:21   Link #6273
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Rooting for Takako and Tsukasa for tomorrow's match.Double "T" for the win

FINALLY...

I really wanna see the face of those Nanoha fans that love to toy around in the tournament by playing out cheap and dirty tricks,after their Hayate lose to Yuno.

Even more,Hayate lose in the same way as Mai and Kagami do.Twice the happiness for today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
^this guys is also a freakin hero^
Well, it does take courage to make a post of that sort in a forum filled with Nanoha fans.

Though nothing out of the ordinary happened today imo.
Seeing the fake votes are minimal for both sides, Vita and Yuno won fair and square.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:21   Link #6274
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Spoiler for My Votes for Saimoe:
Hey that's no reason not to! Go ahead and say what you want in support! The more people support their favorite character the better for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Well, it does take courage to make a post of that sort in a forum filled with Nanoha fans.
Well i never liked Nanoha in the 1st place myself just couldn't get into the whole over-powered loli thing...
Old 2007-10-09, 11:25   Link #6275
RevanAD

Quote:
Yea she never was.I never say Hayate was a cheater or what.But i knew those who're wishing for Hayate to proceed,especially those who're willing to do anything for it,will come out and plotting something dirty again.

I never feel glad or happy about Hayate's loss.In fact if these match was held in a more fair way,i would for sure,rooting for Hayate instead of Yuno.But i knew that's just impossible.

So what issit that i'm so happy about? >> Their failure-ness in their godamn underhanded strategy to give Hayate a win.

I don't mind if its Yuno or Hayate that was losing the match.Like i said if this match was held in a better/fair environment,i myself will go for Hayate instead of Yuno.I never watch Hidamari Sketch at all,so i don't have any concrete reason to go for her.

But i knew those underhand-tactician voters will try to give Hayate a winning.I got the feeling they won't let Yuno wins the match instead.That's why i change my mind and focusing my vote on Yuno instead of Hayate.
Just stop. Nothing you have said has made the slightest bit of sense, seriously.

Here's what you're saying: "I just KNEW that people would use OMG underhanded tactics to make Hayate win! The fact that there is NO EVIDENCE that they did clearly means that they wanted to and FAILED (lol?) rather than that, oh I don't know, there weren't actually any sinister plots to make Hayate win?"

Basically, you're the one who imagined up a plot to make Hayate win and voted against her purely as a way of spiting those imaginary people who were plotting her victory.
Old 2007-10-09, 11:27   Link #6276
Furudanuki

Quote:
That's kind of what I was thinking, but why do we use SnHY instead of SnH? That's a rhetorical question I guess, but it seems like it unnecessarily complicates things. On the other hand, I stopped watching SnH(Y?) after about a dozen episodes, so it's not likely that I'll ever need to refer to it again.

Again, another reason why I think I may just wash my hands of using acronyms all together.

EDIT: Ahh, well, at least it's not just me.
I just used the SnHY acronym because I saw it in an earlier post when I was typing up my own response - I thought it was the norm. Usually if I refer to the show at all it is "the one with the yakuza mermaids".
Old 2007-10-09, 11:27   Link #6277
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Saimoe 1:1
Wow, Hidamari girls were really good! I'm happy that Yuno won, but I must admit that I thought that Miyako would win and Yuno lost ^^'
As for today:
E3-1 Takako- my vote goes again to Tsunderella, Shinko is an old, likable character for me, but certainly not moe enough to beat Takako
F3-2 Tsukasa: ok, at first I thought that I would vote for San, but after what happened to the other Hiiragi twin, and after re-watching some L*S episodes: Tsukasa all the way for me~!

Korean Best Moe 1:0
Yes! Hinagiku was finally admitted moe enough to beat Eva That makes me very, very happy! And today we vahe a re-match between Fate and Gin-sama, and because I voted for Suigintou in JSaimoe I'm voting today for Faito-chan And I really hope she can make this one

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Old 2007-10-09, 11:30   Link #6278
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Vita and Yuno won.
If there is no objection until 23:59, this result is confirmed.
I'm surprised that Vita is there but not Hayate... I guess I under-estimated the Sketchers.... but still... I find much more appeal in Hayate than Vita... hmm.. oh well... such is life.... wasn't a loss by all that much... so ... . on to a really interesting match day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
Block C winner: Takamachi Nanoha, there shouldn't even be a contest to determine the winner of this!
Nanohodo.... I see why Vita won now.... it is all clear to me *facedesk* However I dont know if anti-Nanohasts are going to allow it to happen quite so easily (wonders what it would be like to have VITA in the top 8 ... )

I wonder if Rena will be able to take on Yuno.... had it been Hayate I would have said maybe not... but against Yuno.. hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakarst View Post
It's possible to support both Gin and Shinku!
HAhahahhah..... now thats cool.. Kanpai! makes me want to turn to the doll side...

Quote:
I would like to point out that the results of yesterday's match have less to do with the strength of Vita vs Hayate and more to do with the strength of Yuno vs Miyako
I agree.... faction breakage did have a role here.

hmm

Today is going to be fun... semi-yuri gals, small doll gals, can't program telephone gals, and mermaidy gals. I hope to see a lot of pretty moe-bun image posts! *runs off to vote in K-moe* ahahahah there is a gangster nanoha squad and a nekomimi-gin in the bun posts for k-moe!!!! haheh
Old 2007-10-09, 11:32   Link #6279
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevanAD View Post
And to margafred... wtf? You're sitting around gloating that Hayate lost because "CLEARLY" underhanded tactics were directed at helping Hayate win... when the fact is that relatively speaking, not much at all was done to make Hayate win. I have no reason to accuse anyone of anything because really, the fake voting was rather light overall in the match, but it's obvious that if anything, underhanded tactics were used more strongly in an effort to make Hayate LOSE than the other way around.
Yes the total number of fake votes for today's match is considerably light compared to Kagami vs Rena's match.Probably the effect of Kagami's loss?

And i'm not gloating about Hayate's loss...i'm gloating about their failure-ness in their underhanded strategy.

And after all these talking,it makes me wonder about another purposes of fake votes >> trying to confused the system,which somehow will make the system to not counting in/rejecting the legal votes into the official counts.

And i also don't have any proof for these...it was just a random speculation from me..but i'm pretty sure few people were ranting about their vote being rejected out and was not counted in into the official counts?Maybe it was a system error or because of the fake vote?Who knows
Old 2007-10-09, 11:32   Link #6280
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
I just used the SnHY acronym because I saw it in an earlier post when I was typing up my own response - I thought it was the norm. Usually if I refer to the show at all it is "the one with the yakuza mermaids".
See, that makes sense to me. When we refer to it that way, there's no doubt about which show we're discussing.