AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-12-29, 05:57   Link #61
Tandem

Tieria's character puts me off at the moment because he seems too focused on the mission to question any orders, and he gets very stressed when it becomes necessary to change the plan. By comparison, the other characters think about how appropriate their orders are relative to the situation, and they react to news and civillian situations with sympathy or emotion. Of all the meisters, Tieria's might be the most childlike*, and this can turn out to make him a great character if he is allowed to grow out of it. (Shinn was another child-type character personality from Seed that really grinded a lot of viewers because his character simply stayed that way for the majority of the series and then was manipulated.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
One thing that I fear is that Tieria will be the antagonist in the future and he probably will get a kick-ass Gundam.
That's a really awesome thought that hadn't occured to me before, and it definitely feels like he'll go to the dark side doesn't it? I hope he figures out how to sort his insecurities and not get fed up with the good side :3

*Tieria is usually the last one sent out or get sent out the least, and he seems to have the strongest desire to serve out the mission, and he blames himself and the whole team the most when the mission fails or gets altered. It's almost endearing if he wasn't so mean to his team members
Tandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 11:24   Link #62
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like how Tieria grow from a robot into a brat, that's character development

anyway s/he is actually VERY human now, not necessarily likeable, but better than some robot IMO.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 19:09   Link #63
JediNight
キズランダム

Having re-watched Ep11 I see where people are getting that Tieria isn't entirely "human". He says that line about humanity before launching in the Virtue, but I don't think that necessarily means he's a "robot" or something. I'm sure Lt. Peiris doesn't feel she's entirely "human" either. Cyborg maybe/probably, but not likely a robot.

Something seems odd to me though, unless it's just poor direction work: In Ep11 you see Tieria in presumably the Veda computer area spying on the others with his "interface eyes" or whatnot -- but at that same moment Christina was saying that the Gundams were being moved onto the launch catapult, and Allelujah was already suited up and in the cockpit for launch. Yet Tieria wasn't ready at all and still in Veda.

Maybe since Tieria might be a cyborg/robot, there's actually 2 of him that share memories? The others on the ship might not know about that inside-Veda place or whatever. Hell -- that might not even be IN the Ptolemaous: I doubt they keep Veda on the ship ... that could be back at the actual Veda on their space colony behind the moon.

Even more extrapolation: The Tieria we see inside the Veda-room IS actually a personification of Veda itself, and the Tieria we see is really a duplicate -- that would explain why he's so emo about doing Veda's will and when he fails the plan.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 20:10   Link #64
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Something seems odd to me though, unless it's just poor direction work: In Ep11 you see Tieria in presumably the Veda computer area spying on the others with his "interface eyes" or whatnot -- but at that same moment Christina was saying that the Gundams were being moved onto the launch catapult, and Allelujah was already suited up and in the cockpit for launch. Yet Tieria wasn't ready at all and still in Veda.
I would just take that as him seeing some type of a recording of what happened, rather than spying in real time. When Allelujah was meeting with Sumeragi, Tieria was shown outside their door. And he went to that other room while they're dropping Exia and Dynames for the main mission, Tieria and Allelujah didn't go off with them due to Allelujah's side mission.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 04:44   Link #65
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Having re-watched Ep11 I see where people are getting that Tieria isn't entirely "human". He says that line about humanity before launching in the Virtue, but I don't think that necessarily means he's a "robot" or something. I'm sure Lt. Peiris doesn't feel she's entirely "human" either. Cyborg maybe/probably, but not likely a robot.

Maybe since Tieria might be a cyborg/robot, there's actually 2 of him that share memories? The others on the ship might not know about that inside-Veda place or whatever. Hell -- that might not even be IN the Ptolemaous: I doubt they keep Veda on the ship ... that could be back at the actual Veda on their space colony behind the moon.

Even more extrapolation: The Tieria we see inside the Veda-room IS actually a personification of Veda itself, and the Tieria we see is really a duplicate -- that would explain why he's so emo about doing Veda's will and when he fails the plan.
Wow, I love this. It'd actually be pretty cool if this were the case, though, given the way Gundam is written (EVERYONE GOTTA BE SUPER UNIQUE), since Lockon has a twin/sibling I doubt Tieria would have a doppleganger too.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 11:37   Link #66
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Wow, I love this. It'd actually be pretty cool if this were the case, though, given the way Gundam is written (EVERYONE GOTTA BE SUPER UNIQUE), since Lockon has a twin/sibling I doubt Tieria would have a doppleganger too.
True, plus the whole Alleujha/Halleujha thing kinda seems like Dopplegangers too...I still believe that Tieria is a trannie...I found some evidence too. The name "Nadleeh" is a term interchangeable with "Two-spirit," used by the Navajo tribes to denote a male spirit and a female spirit living in the same body." This coupled with the fact that Virtua looks masculin, and Nadleeh looks feminin, is some proof, I mean this couldn't be a mere coincidence.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 16:27   Link #67
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
The name "Nadleeh" is a term interchangeable with "Two-spirit," used by the Navajo tribes to denote a male spirit and a female spirit living in the same body." This coupled with the fact that Virtua looks masculin, and Nadleeh looks feminin, is some proof, I mean this couldn't be a mere coincidence.
Wouldn't the nature of the gundam be enough reason for the name Nadleeh? It shouldn't have to extend to the pilot as well.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 16:44   Link #68
kari-no-sugata

edit monstert beat me to it, but...

Kinda funny how "everyone" applies Nadleeh = transgender to Tieria more than his actual Gundam. Nadleeh aka "Two Spirit" seems fine as a description for it (though rather out of kilter with naming conventions within CB), and doesn't mean it should be applied to the pilot. It's quite possibly a deliberate tease by the writers.

Personally, I think it's very likely that the "Tieria is really a girl" concept will turn out to be if not wrong then massively simplistic. Tieria clearly is not an ordinary human - what with the glowing eyes and direct interface to computers. I wouldn't be surprised if (for example) Tieria is actually composed of multiple people (maybe not all male) - not multiple personalities but the memories of multiple real people.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 00:33   Link #69
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
If Tieria turns out to be something like the supercomputer in Evangelion...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:00   Link #70
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I like Tieria, It's one of those characters you just love to hate becuase of his jerkish behaviour.
Old 2007-12-31, 06:27   Link #71
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:

actually I'm now sure s/he is not a robot, s/he is WAY too emotional and bratty to be a robot.

s/he is actually very human now, despite what s/he may say herself/himself. It's actually very human to think oneself to be higher than other humans
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 11:13   Link #72
Itsuki Midoriba
Yo.

You know, whatever Tieria's gender, at least I'm pretty sure s/he NOT a supercomputer. Or a Rei (yes, THAT Rei from Eva). But I really thought that 00 needs a female meister. Really. I want to see Tieria revealing 'her'self as a girl somewhere in the series. It's going to be a talking point. I'm serious.

Quote:
I like Tieria, It's one of those characters you just love to hate becuase of his jerkish behaviour.
Same here.
Itsuki Midoriba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 07:20   Link #73
JediNight
キズランダム

But even then, Tieria would sorta be a "copout" female Meister then.

I'm waiting for a modern Gundam series with an actual competent female pilot in a main role. Lunamaria was supposed to be Elite, but she sucked pretty hard. WTB Zeta female pilots pls. Ironic that 80s shows were better represented than todays.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 09:16   Link #74
hipeach

if Tieria is a girl, she'd beat Shana as the top tsundere of all time
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 10:10   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
if Tieria is a girl, she'd beat Shana as the top tsundere of all time
There are more hardcore tsundere characters then Shana.
Old 2008-01-01, 11:03   Link #76
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There are more hardcore tsundere characters then Shana.
can u gimme some examples, i've been running out of anime's to watch
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 03:53   Link #77
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

For some reason, he reminds me of Rey from GSD.

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 15:33   Link #78
Chase

Tieria is cool to me. Him only caring about the mission and wanting to always execut it perfectly is a plus to the team really and needed. Dont care about this trans gender thing people be talking bout. He sounds like a male, looks like it despite his hair so he's a male to otherwise explained in the future. To me, his background is as far as interest level is only matched by Lockon's imo. Im hoping we can get some info on that soon.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 16:08   Link #79
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Tieria is cool to me. Him only caring about the mission and wanting to always execut it perfectly is a plus to the team really and needed. Dont care about this trans gender thing people be talking bout. He sounds like a male, looks like it despite his hair so he's a male to otherwise explained in the future. To me, his background is as far as interest level is only matched by Lockon's imo. Im hoping we can get some info on that soon.
Info on Tieria or info on Lockon? =P
Because Lockon is pretty obvious already. He's got a sibling, big deal. He took action while his sibling didn't. The writers aren't going to give Lockon any massive twists because he's the fangirl favorite. He's going to have your average, sappy slight-troubled past. There's not going to be anything edgy about him.

That's the fun part about Tieria. As far as we can see, he's not emo about his past. He's just emo about his mission. That makes his priorities very fucked up, and that's what's so cool about him.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 17:57   Link #80
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Info on Tieria or info on Lockon? =P
Because Lockon is pretty obvious already. He's got a sibling, big deal. He took action while his sibling didn't. The writers aren't going to give Lockon any massive twists because he's the fangirl favorite. He's going to have your average, sappy slight-troubled past. There's not going to be anything edgy about him.

That's the fun part about Tieria. As far as we can see, he's not emo about his past. He's just emo about his mission. That makes his priorities very fucked up, and that's what's so cool about him.
By info on background i mean more air time describing it, i can care less about the rest. Kinda like they used an entire episode for Haptism. Thats all i need. Same for Tieria
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote