AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2011-12-25, 07:03   Link #1821
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
I've just gotten around to buying Mangagamer's version now that Umineko's done,
and I've been wondering as I've heard that their version is somewhat lacking majorly because of the music and sound replacements
(which I'm aware can be fixed somewhat through patching),
But what about the translation itself? If it's particulary bad, is this to the point where it ruins the story's immersion?
For example, if I could either read the Sound Novel or the Manga,
would the Manga actually be the better alternative in this case?
Apart from the occasional typo, I didn't think MangaGamer's translation was too bad. The translation was done during the time when MG were trying to improve their translation quality, so it does improve over the course of Higurashi.

It's certainly not as good as Witch Hunt's translation, but it's not as terrible as everyone says it is. There've been far, far worse…

I'd recommend the sound novel over the manga, since although it is a good adaptation, the manga doesn't manage to quite capture the mood of the original.
Old 2012-01-06, 08:03   Link #1822
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Asked on the music thread,but maybe i should ask here as well:

What is the name of the soundtrack in the very end of Higurashi Kai when

Spoiler for ending spoiler:

And write on my wall/ visitor message if you will be so kind
Old 2012-01-06, 13:53   Link #1823
PBsaffran

That particuliar scene starts with "liberating", then comes "t1". The final music is called "utage_sample".
PBsaffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 00:56   Link #1824
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBsaffran View Post
That particuliar scene starts with "liberating", then comes "t1". The final music is called "utage_sample".
Thank, but i forgot to mention that i want the name of the soundtrack during that screen in the last episode of Higurashi Kai anime, rather than SN. Many sorry for the misunderstanding

So anyone know what is that soundtrack anme?
Old 2012-01-14, 19:06   Link #1825
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Thank, but i forgot to mention that i want the name of the soundtrack during that screen in the last episode of Higurashi Kai anime, rather than SN. Many sorry for the misunderstanding

So anyone know what is that soundtrack anme?
I'm pretty sure it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJ_i4ZY_9w
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 22:52   Link #1826
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
I'm pretty sure it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HJ_i4ZY_9w
Thank, i think it's Shiawase. Still looking for the sadder tone version of that screen through, but it's a good lead to start with
Old 2012-01-19, 07:52   Link #1827
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I found the actual song i was looking for. It's the same album with Shiawase, but its name is "Sei"
Old 2012-02-07, 08:57   Link #1828
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

For a while I've been curious as to a question that have been bugging me a bit lately. I was just curious as to where Hanyuu came from when they first approached Onigafuchi? I know she was what they called a "demon", but I was never sure where her clan came from as I haven't read either Kotohogushi-hen or Miotsukushi-hen, and haven't really found anything on the internet either about it.

I've read a few theories, or claims or whatever like "Yeah, she's an alien that came from space" or "She's a demon, so she naturally came from hell." But I really don't know what to believe, considering her powers it actually wouldn't suprise me if she came landing with an UFO.

Anyways, I might just be overthinking it, but I'm fairly curious. If anyone has an answer to it, well, thanks.
Old 2012-02-07, 14:11   Link #1829
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Are there two Bernkastels?
Old 2012-02-07, 15:09   Link #1830
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Are there two Bernkastels?
Well, there's a Bernkastel in Higurashi and there's one in Umineko… It's widely believed that they are two separate characters, though that has never been proven.
Old 2012-02-07, 15:35   Link #1831
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it also depends on how one views the multiple timelines and universes. There could be infinite Bernkastels, though most would be pieces of one witch or another.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:08   Link #1832
RandomAvatarFan

I always imagined that they were the same person. Here's my opinion on it:

Spoiler for End of Higurashi stuff:

It's really more or less open to speculation and never explained outright, it's just implied.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 02:25   Link #1833
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well it also depends on how one views the multiple timelines and universes. There could be infinite Bernkastels, though most would be pieces of one witch or another.
But since Bernkastel can bounce around the multiverse, having infinite Bernkastels implies a multiverse of multiverses. Isn't that getting to be a little too meta?
Old 2012-02-08, 03:19   Link #1834
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Umineko would seem to imply that you can get too meta by having a meta over your meta which might have a meta over that. Within Higurashi, Rika doesn't have that isses, though evidence from Umineko again suggests that there are meta issues to Higurashi, but they are implied only and have little known effect on the story as we see it.

But also that Bern and other witches seem able to make pieces even of themselves, and these pieces can and sometimes do act as if they are the original....thus it is possible to have more than one at a time.

Also it it possible that Bern was normal in some games and thus technically still in those games...somewhere, much like there are multiple Rikas, both before and sometimes after a Bernkastel or Dark Rika is present (depending on ones point of view of who or what Dark Rika is). The Rika of one time does not leave her time...but one Rika jumps into an existing one's body....or at least that is what is seems like with the repeats getting shorter and all. Dark Rika (or maybe Bernkastel) doesn't relive all of the new Rika's life...just that June in 1983, so therefore there are multiple Rikas. But then it stands to reason that there may be multiple Bernkastel...just one needs to know where to look. And Bern's not telling.
Old 2012-02-08, 15:25   Link #1835
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
For a while I've been curious as to a question that have been bugging me a bit lately. I was just curious as to where Hanyuu came from when they first approached Onigafuchi? I know she was what they called a "demon", but I was never sure where her clan came from as I haven't read either Kotohogushi-hen or Miotsukushi-hen, and haven't really found anything on the internet either about it.

I've read a few theories, or claims or whatever like "Yeah, she's an alien that came from space" or "She's a demon, so she naturally came from hell." But I really don't know what to believe, considering her powers it actually wouldn't suprise me if she came landing with an UFO.

Anyways, I might just be overthinking it, but I'm fairly curious. If anyone has an answer to it, well, thanks.
I too am bothered by this, where did Hanyuu come from?
Old 2012-02-08, 16:37   Link #1836
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A witch did it.....?
Old 2012-02-09, 10:57   Link #1837
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A witch did it.....?
Probably. Still, Hanyuu is probably the only mystery I'm still curious about, since we didn't get too much information on her past in either the games (excluding the PS3 and DS) or in the anime. I mean, you do get the obvious things said about her "She's a demon with superpowers" "She's Oyashiro-sama" and so on, but I've always been more curious about her past than what was revealed in Saikoroshi-hen.

Guess I better learn to read kanji to 100% and go buy the ds game.
Old 2012-02-09, 18:23   Link #1838
Kantoku
見ぬが花

I've yet to find the time to read Kotohogushi, but if I recall correctly from what I heard from others and from the JP wiki, Hanyuu's origin / past isn't that remarkable besides the fact that she and her tribe migrated to Hinamizawa / Onigafuchi, but the tribe's sudden migration didn't sit well with many of the villagers, and the horns only made things worse (which is also what spawned the demon legend). When she died after being killed by Ouka, she became a god and her existence was solidified by the prayers of the people.

As for Bernkastel, didn't it say in Matsuribayashi-hen that Frederica Bernkastel was originally just a collection of Rika's despair from numerous kakeras sitting around in the metaworld? I interpreted what Rika said in Rei as that she'll cut off her connection with Frederica Bernkastel (of Higurashi. "I'll no longer be the witch Bernkastel", or something like that), and then Frederica ascended and became the witch, Bernkastel, of Umineko, since by the end of Rei the story is finished and she has no reason to stick around. That way, Bernkastel can declare herself as a separate existence from Rika, and also why she is nothing but gloom.
Kantoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 20:19   Link #1839
Oblivion

I'm curious as to why Rika still is able to use her deep voice even though she separated from Bernkastel?
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 20:36   Link #1840
Joly
モエカステル

I've skimmed through Kotohogushi-hen, but sadly I don't understand a huge chunk of it. I do recall sometime during the beginning of Masturibayashi-hen (sound novel), Rika also mentions that Hanyuu's tribe was traveling around.

I thought the deep Rika voice thing was something the anime and CD drama just added in to make the change of personality more noticeable. I don't recall in the novels any description describing something like "suddenly... Rika's voice got deeper!" Even in one of the Pieces, Irie mentions that Rika's voice remains the same.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote