Notices

Old 2006-04-09, 22:20   Link #181
¤ Naruto ¤
Kage Bunshin No Jutsu

Fullmetal Alchemist.
¤ Naruto ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 08:15   Link #182
Bloodseeker

We need more 50+ episode long anime series...

I'm sitting here thinking about how the Berserk anime cut out lots of stuff directly prior to the Eclipse (including a few fights that probably would have been nothing short of awesome animated) and then just dropped off in the middle of it, and how I'd been hearing that the Fate/Stay Night anime cut lots of dialog including backstories and motivations, and how I'd heard that the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime had barely glazed the surface of the manga (though at this point in time, it looks like its probably going to get another season or five), and it made me think... 13-26 episodes isn't anywhere near enough to tell some of the stories and that many anime try to tell, and on top of that, I'm often left wishing to see more of my favorite casts after their shows are finished.

I already know what you're going to say... drops in quality, redundancy, etc. But you know, the only once-superior shows that I can think of that dropped to such an unbearable low that I stopped caring due to redundancy and all around mediocrity are Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, and Dragonball. (Rumiko Takahashi needs to learn how to progress a plot past setting it up) Yu Yu Hakusho, Full Metal Panic, Hunter X Hunter, Monster, Great Teacher Onizuka... all of those have gone over the 26 episode norm and still managed to keep the quality up at a relatively interesting/entertaining level at their worst points, and there are a fair amount of other anime that have managed to do the same.

And even in the cases of Rumiko Takahashi shows and Dragonball (and whatever other shows that I forgot to mention, if any), at least I can say that I'm not going to be longing to see any new stories featuring Ryoga's bad sense of direction, Inuyasha's punk-like battle front, or Vegeta's arrogant attitude anytime soon. Even with the boring, repetitive turns that their shows eventually took, at least I wasn't booted from their universes before I had my fill.

I think that 52+ episodes needs to become more common. I think that the anime community exagerates how long it usually takes for the longer series to start slipping (Dragonball and Ranma lasted a lot longer than 52 episodes before they stated heading south), and even if they weren't, I'd rather see a slow down at some point in an otherwise good series over having it end before its lived out its potential.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 08:26   Link #183
wao
OK.

A 26 + 26 approach works better, IMO (like with GITS:SAC... the power of the American Market to get an extra movie, a 52 ep series and an extra movie based off that to top it off!) Doing 52 at once almost always seems to drain the studio and results in a lot of crappy outsourcing.
Also, it's good to give breathing time for better production and scriptwriting planning. And it's a good way to keep the fans watching for the 2nd season - end the first one with the whole "damn, that should've been 26 eps!!" sentiment... and then pleasantly surprise them with another 26 eps...

But at the same time, some would prefer to just keep it into 26 and use it as more of an advertisement or jump-off point for related merchandise... actually, that's the case with a number of anime these days it seems... they don't put in all that much effort into the story or the show but it's enough to get people to look it up a little if they're interested, and then buy the manga and figurines.

Anyway, a straight-out 52 ep series (like FMA, Seed, Blood+, Eureka 7) is frankly speaking impossible (afaik) for late-night shows. Only 26 + 26 will work, I should think. And even then...
Old 2006-07-28, 10:08   Link #184
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
GIANT ROBO
JUUNI KOKKI

the rest i dont care :

- PMK suck due to lack of story and it would need 10000 seasons at the pace season 1 was going.
- FMP will eventually come i m kinda sure about it.
- Cowboy beebop. no need story ended and we know what is needed to know
- Trigun i could live in where trigun never ever existed one of my most hated anime :/
- Berserk would turn into a hokuto no ken anime: kill, new enemy, kill rince and repeat. the anime already showed the best part of the manga : development of the character/relation etcetc (though berserk is one of my fav running manga)
- Kenshin OVA covered the best part : younth as a killer then his last years when he dies. manga just plain and entirely suck (i hate pseudo goodigood character that dont kill in a violent environement just because the book is for kids... get lost)
- gungrave no point in reviving Brandon he is dead for good this time and no point now that his friendship/hate/vengeance relation toward Harry has been settle to bother his rest.

On a side note i havent seen narutaru but i know the story of the first season since a friend really enjoyed it, therefore i can t judge but seeing how extactic he was about it i think i could deserve a second season.
Tsukihime could too since i loved that anime but the story was about arcueid settling things with Roa and shiki accepting his "power" and it s over it s nice that those shadows are left around it make you interrested in the games.

I cant think of anything else for now
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 10:54   Link #185
mog08

slam dunk is the only one i want. although i'd like to see another extremely similar anime like Peach girl which ended perfectly.
mog08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 11:38   Link #186
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
I thinks theres should be a sequal to cowboy bebop. I don't like it that spike died T.T oh and fruits basket needs a second season for sure
Old 2006-07-28, 17:56   Link #187
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Trigun and Chobits.

Trigun because that ending was conclusive, but they definitely could have done more.

Chobits because I'm a Chobits fan. No other reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_sky45
fruits basket needs a second season for sure
There are rumours of the cast getting back together to do a sequel, but there's nothing concrete and it's just a rumour.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 18:27   Link #188
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
Rozen Maiden and Trigun especially Rozen Maiden because the ending left me like this: XP
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 23:10   Link #189
H_I
Local wino!!

Send a message via AIM to H_I Send a message via MSN to H_I
I would love to see Junni Kokki Finished like it was supposed to. It was so good, then they left so much out
H_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 00:01   Link #190
Cz
Needs more sleep~

They need a sequel to Suzumiya Haruhi. 11 eps is just waaay too short. On the other hand, some series are dragging their feet... *cough*bleach*cough*.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 02:25   Link #191
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
They need a sequel to Suzumiya Haruhi. 11 eps is just waaay too short. On the other hand, some series are dragging their feet... *cough*bleach*cough*.
Your in luck, you still have 3 episodes to watch. :P
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 06:40   Link #192
Lotiman

Suzumiya Haruhi
FMP Fumoffu
Fate-stay Night
Hunter X Hunter
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 08:17   Link #193
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordon
Rozen Maiden and Trigun especially Rozen Maiden because the ending left me like this: XP
ye rozen maiden definatly cause i need to know how things turn out >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 10:37   Link #194
Lost

RozenMaiden ~ well RM's ending left me an emotional wreck.
Mushishi
and REC
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 10:59   Link #195
Kamui4356
Aria Company

This thread again? Anyway, I don't think continue is the right word, but there needs to be a Battle Angel Alita/Gunnam TV series. Of course, they should throw out the old ova completely and follow the manga more closely. Since the sequal manga Last Order is ongoing, perhaps it isn't a complete impossibility? Just 99.99999% impossible...
Old 2006-07-29, 16:01   Link #196
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Jinki Extend. The last episode that went on sale straight for DVD neither make any sense nor gave explanation about the Lost Life Phenomena, the Jinkis, and Kokushou's whereabouts.

They forcefully closed on each of the female cast members respective epilogues; there was not even any Jinki action in that episode.

Karin, the Blood-Giving Vampire. I feel there's still much more to expand about Karin and her family. Overall, the series was critically acclaimed and lauded by the otaku community of Japan, plus the DVD sales are doing good.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 19:36   Link #197
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_I
I would love to see Junni Kokki Finished like it was supposed to. It was so good, then they left so much out
JK the manga didn't finish either right? I heard she just quit it and started Ceres.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-29, 19:46   Link #198
Anime Online

I'd say Chrno Crusade. The ending felt very unsatisfying to me. In any case, the redeeming part is that it leads nicely to a continuation of the series, with Azmaria Hendric taking over the heroine role from Rosette Christopher.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 03:07   Link #199
mizsuzi

I'd want hunterxhunter to continue.. ;P

and samurai champloo.. i mean it just cut out right there. It was getting good too and 26 is just too short. I hope 3rd season comes out soon. Anybody know?
mizsuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 10:59   Link #200
Seive

Elfen Lied for me. I'm obviously a big fan, and at 13 episodes and an OVA, it just left me craving more. =( I'm sure they could find some way to spin off from the last episode.
Seive is offline   Reply With Quote