AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-07, 07:27   Link #1101
Vantek
Asleep Being

Hehe, Claymore is my No. 1 too and I actually didn't mind Lackey at all... Hell, he was the key component of some of my favourite scenes, and I would even go as far and say I liked him, apart from a couple of scenes (oh, and I am not even considering the utterly butchered ending a worthwhile part of the series). And I'm one to typically hate this kind of charachter (Sakura in the beginning of Naruto and Orihime in the later parts of Bleach make me nauseous, and I did not like the kid in Seirei no Moribito). And if you didn't hate young Clare for the exact same reasons, then you are a hypocrite.

Old 2010-06-07, 07:39   Link #1102
Samurai dono
Anti-Manga Squad

Location: Anti-manga Corps Headquarters - Assassination Division
One Piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot Bookman /SIG View Post
Naruto. I find the whole thing insane and stupid. Sorry if I offended anyone but it is my own opinion and I will stick to it ..*sigh*
would've been offended a few years back but then Code Geas happened ..
Poeple should understand that something can be VERY GOOD and yet an intelligent tasteful person doesn't get what's so good about it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
I have one. One I just recently finished.

FLCL.

Oh God. That shitty anime gave me a damn headache when I was done.
I applaud some scenes with the clever use of different animation styles, but overall, the substance of the whole damn show blew my mind in a negative way. =_=

And the characters...oh, don't get me started on them.
NONE of them was the least likeable. The main female characters were the worst.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
Claymore.

Raki is single-handedly the most frustratingly useless characters I've ever seen in anime. He annoys me to no end.
True, but other than that I thought the show was brilliant. But then what do I know heh ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Elfen Lied
Seriously, it was retarded and yet everybody thinks it's serious and ingenious.
It's probably because amongst all the stupidity and the none fitting unjustified fan service there were a few good elements, and some good momentshere and there

I can't bilieve someone mentioned FMA. I don't like European themed animes, I'm not into supernatural (or whatever that genre is), nor into cyborgs and automails and all that kind of stuff .. and the show is by far the second (or third) best thing I've seen.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:48   Link #1103
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
For me it's Naruto and Bleach. I watched quite a lot of both of them, and they just seemed to not go anywhere in my opinion. Both not exactly my so called cup of tea.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:59   Link #1104
zim
The Great Irken Soldier

evangelion for me i watched it and tought ok i watched it next anime but my peers reference it like 30 times a day >.<
and when i say it wasnt that great they get mad and say watch it again, buti just cant......
well i geuss people are intitled to their own opinion
Old 2010-06-07, 11:04   Link #1105
straferd
Toushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantek View Post
And if you didn't hate young Clare for the exact same reasons, then you are a hypocrite.

Not really, it is OK for a girl to cry. Actually I sympathized to that. A guy crying, that's just irritating
Old 2010-06-07, 13:05   Link #1106
Vantek
Asleep Being

LMFAO. You hit the nail on the head. Didn't think you'd even admit it, let alone straight off identify it as the main reason. To me, this social rule seems unbelievably lame. A child is a child for christ's sake.
Old 2010-06-07, 14:26   Link #1107
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I dont really HATE any series I've seen, but in terms of series I haven't felt were that great yet seem massively popular I'd go with these:

Death Note - should have ended with L's Death, the second half of the series nosedived in terms of how interesting and fun it was, and the new protaganist/antagonists depending on your PoV were...well....a bit rubbish.
Gurren Lagaan - I was expecting a really funny show, with amazingly over the top lines, and just a load of fun. I got a show that bored me, felt a bit pointless and I finished for completions sake.
Fate Stay Night - I enjoyed some of this, but it felt drawn out and was just overall a bit unfulfilling. Shirou didnt really have a huge amount going for him in terms of charisma either.

Oh and although no one seemed to like it much I'll say Aquarion too because that really was balls, and probably one of the worst animes I've seen. The characters are mostly unlikeable and it just felt like a mess.

Likeable, interesting characters, or just sheer pizzazz or decent story telling kinda make a series in my mind.
Reading: None at the moment
Old 2010-06-07, 16:35   Link #1108
Sempie
Rargna

Kekkaishi - I really thought I would like it at first. From all the awards it got to friend recommending, and the recent television. However when I did it just turned into a Inuyasha/Bleach ripoff, with a female protagonist I haven't hated so much since Meg from Burst Angel. Did I mention the opening sounds like the singer is screaming bloody murder? She sounds like she is screaming bloody murder.

Chaos;Head
- Another one I had high hopes for, but by god it screwed itself over in the end of it all. "You don't exist" idea made me want to drop it, but then when it turned out to act like a typical cliche ending I wanted to punch myself for watching it in the first place.

Rosario + Vampire - It's just more moe/fanservice junk that's on the pile of trash anime I reserve no respect over.
Old 2010-06-08, 03:11   Link #1109
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Hetalia...

I'm dead serious with it. I have no idea it is so popular all the sudden except it is a fujioshi fanservice show.

Funny? I never get its jokes. Its jokes themselves lack of satirical values, as it should be.
Old 2010-06-08, 07:37   Link #1110
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I'd be lying if I said Death Note and probubley no one on the forum would ever let me forget it. I just never finished it. Frekes me out. *shiver*
Old 2010-06-08, 08:29   Link #1111
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Konata Izumi, I may have said before. But still, she's just more annoying than cute.
Old 2010-06-08, 17:22   Link #1112
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempie View Post
Rosario + Vampire - It's just more moe/fanservice junk that's on the pile of trash anime I reserve no respect over.
Don't think that series counts at all. If you look about through the fans of the manga, there's a lot of hate for the anime (especially season 2) and I've seen more than a few people wishing it'd get a remake which followed the manga more closely, or at least didnt drop some of the big story points. I don't hate the anime, but the manga IS that much better. Kinda defeats the object of this thread when its already got a healthy dislike base
Reading: None at the moment
Old 2010-06-26, 06:25   Link #1113
kitten320

Definetly Suzumiya Haruhi - I have lost count on how many times I have almost fallen asleep. What's so funny about it? I didn't find a single funny moment in whole series! The story is boring and characters are two dimensenal. One ic completly un-emotonal, another only squels, 3rd one... I ahve no idea how to describe him. Only Kyon and Asakura seem to be more that that.
I will be quiet about Haruhi... how can someon actually like that spoiled brat? All she does is being selfish and doesn't really give a damn about anyone. And everyone are just spoiling her even more! Good thing that at least someone has brains aka Kyon.

Not really hating it but Gurren Lagan also was one huge dissapointment! The series were just too dumb. They did have some good moments but over all nothing special at all. Why it is called the greatest series of life time is beyond me.

Also School Rumble, I didn't handle it. The humor was also way too dumb for my liking. at first it was fine but soon it got over used.

Bleach is my another big dissapointment. Used to like series but now it is just crap. Will completly abondon it after some good moments will be animated. I acn't believe that people are so easily won over. Show them something flashy and they completly forget about logic...
Old 2010-06-26, 06:31   Link #1114
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Definetly Suzumiya Haruhi - I have lost count on how many times I have almost fallen asleep. What's so funny about it? I didn't find a single funny moment in whole series! The story is boring and characters are two dimensenal. One ic completly un-emotonal, another only squels, 3rd one... I ahve no idea how to describe him. Only Kyon and Asakura seem to be more that that.
I will be quiet about Haruhi... how can someon actually like that spoiled brat? All she does is being selfish and doesn't really give a damn about anyone. And everyone are just spoiling her even more! Good thing that at least someone has brains aka Kyon.
THIS. Thank you.
Old 2010-06-26, 12:26   Link #1115
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ We like the show because of Kyon.
Old 2010-06-26, 14:10   Link #1116
xavior686
Professor Insanity

This is an easy answer. One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach.

Old 2010-06-26, 14:14   Link #1117
xavior686
Professor Insanity

Quote:
Oh and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I too watched this and fell asleep.

Old 2010-06-26, 17:38   Link #1118
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
^ We like the show because of Kyon.
Kyon isn't much of a savior there for me. He also starts to bore you. None of the characters seems to be interesting at all.
The only character who really interested me was Asakura, if there was more of her, show might have been better.

I even will take a look at the movie only because of her and the fact that this time around idea seemed far more entertaining. Maybe Haruhi should become a drama instead of comedy? It probably would be more succesful.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:51   Link #1119
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Kyon isn't much of a savior there for me. He also starts to bore you. None of the characters seems to be interesting at all.
The only character who really interested me was Asakura, if there was more of her, show might have been better.

I even will take a look at the movie only because of her and the fact that this time around idea seemed far more entertaining. Maybe Haruhi should become a drama instead of comedy? It probably would be more succesful.
Haruhi is only a "comedy" in the sense that the American series NCIS is a "comedy" ... at root, each is really a drama but there's some ha-ha moments.

I assume you've read all the threads on the anime series on the philosophy, science fiction, archetype subversion, physics, etc ... if if it is still not interesting to you I'd say move on. I have to scratch my head as to why Asakura would be more interesting while the others weren't but this isn't the thread for that (so no, don't answer that ).
Old 2010-06-26, 18:04   Link #1120
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Also School Rumble, I didn't handle it. The humor was also way too dumb for my liking. at first it was fine but soon it got over used.
Hmmm, for me the moment School Rumble went from "good" to "great" wasn't until about ten episode in:
Spoiler for School Rumble:

That being said, I must admit I rather dislike Funimations's translation of the series. Can't think of which parts off the top of my head, but I definitely remember thinking that some of the jokes I remember from the fansub version got lost in the Funimation translation.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Closed Thread