Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2018-05-20, 12:12   Link #4161
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
https://site.nicovideo.jp/seiga/loghorizon_vote/

The popularity poll results are up, finally got internet back today so I could go through it. Spoilering due to the sheer length (86 characters was the final count, up from the original 66 represented in the poll).

For the sake of brevity, I'll only make special comments for really-obscure characters and to note the difference in placement from the previous official poll (whose results were released in volume 6). (So ( 1 means they went down 1 spot, 1 means they went up 1 spot.)

Spoiler:

Edit: I just remembered. I was looking at the results of the first popularity poll, and does anyone know who Riche or Rouge Vermillion are? They got in 30th place, but I've never seen their names around. Also don't recognize Hiyoko (one of the 35th places). I assume they're from fan fics that haven't gotten the canonization treatment?
Do you have the link to the first popularity poll? We could cross-check with atwiki.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 16:30   Link #4162
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
As expected, Akatsuki still at the top. I feel bad for Shiroe. Surprised that William got THAT high!
It's really not that surprising for anyone who saw the JP LH fandom, who were the primary voters on this poll (for obvious reasons). They absolutely adored his speech. Volume 7 was also a huge hit as a whole, as evidenced by Tetora's high ranking as a completely-new entry to the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Do you have the link to the first popularity poll? We could cross-check with atwiki.
It's in the appendix of volume 6. Naturally, the results aren't online anywhere. But considering Kushiyatama (who at the time of the poll was still fan-fic-only) managed to place in the polls, I wouldn't be surprised if they're from fan fics.

Did some digging around while I was at it. Riche is from the fan fic はぐれ神官娘 ~シャーウッドの迷子~. Rouge Vermillion is from 疾風と西風 and was, for the fan fic, an acquaintance of Souji's before the Catastrophe. Hiyoko is the only one listed on atwiki, but I don't know where she originated from (or if she's a character Mamare added to the wiki but never incorporated into the story). She's a member of the guild Old Book Store Hiyokodo(?) which has started making and selling doujins after the Catastrophe.
Old 2018-05-20, 22:38   Link #4163
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Did some digging around while I was at it. Riche is from the fan fic はぐれ神官娘 ~シャーウッドの迷子~. Rouge Vermillion is from 疾風と西風 and was, for the fan fic, an acquaintance of Souji's before the Catastrophe. Hiyoko is the only one listed on atwiki, but I don't know where she originated from (or if she's a character Mamare added to the wiki but never incorporated into the story). She's a member of the guild Old Book Store Hiyokodo(?) which has started making and selling doujins after the Catastrophe.
Ah, now that you mention it... If I remember correctly, she was a character created for an official publication. I remember someone talking about her somewhere but I can't find it now =/

I do know that she has made an appearance in some fics written by the author of "D.D.D. Diaries" and a doujin by Sasarai Sawa =3

Signature by liro
Old 2018-05-27, 06:39   Link #4164
tuckersister

Is Akatsuki little bit open with her feelings currently?

What's currently going on in the WN?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 14:27   Link #4165
DQueenie13

Last I checked, she and Shiroe are having nightly chats, or something like that.

Web novel hasn't updated since end of March, so backlog some of the previous pages for a refresher. (Yes, I know I skipped some chapters.)
Old 2018-06-15, 03:25   Link #4166
ShadowKiller545
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Last I checked, she and Shiroe are having nightly chats, or something like that.

Web novel hasn't updated since end of March, so backlog some of the previous pages for a refresher. (Yes, I know I skipped some chapters.)
What so they're still just acting as friends ? for fucks sake mate make them get it on already lol ..... what's going on with Naotsugu then has he and that busty elf lady started dating ?

Also a question can the people there have physical relationships ?
ShadowKiller545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 04:00   Link #4167
tuckersister

It can't helped. They have a lot of other things going on that needs to taken care of. Both of them going and steady is not surprising.
Old 2018-08-09, 07:47   Link #4168
tuckersister

Anything going on with the series?
Old 2018-09-04, 06:25   Link #4169
tuckersister

Wow, still nothing new.
Old 2018-09-14, 21:22   Link #4170
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

So has the relationship status between Shiroe and Akatsuki not changed or did it change got a bit confused with that...

Also was curious if anyone had heard anything about 12 making LN form?
Old 2018-09-14, 21:26   Link #4171
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

We're finally getting an english digital release
Old 2018-09-15, 11:01   Link #4172
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Good news for me because I've nearly switched completely to digital.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 11:08   Link #4173
RDNexus

Those sure are good news. Let them come
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 12:34   Link #4174
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Oh i hope i will be able to buy it outside of the US.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 18:08   Link #4175
tuckersister

Anything new with the WN chapter?
Old 2018-09-26, 18:43   Link #4176
DQueenie13

So, here's what's been up with the Log Horizon series lately:
  • No news on volume 12 yet. Original target was Summer 2018, and that pretty clearly didn't happen.
  • That said, Hara (LN artist) has been posting a mighty lot of sketches of Log Horizon characters on twitter lately, particularly those who feature in the next few volumes. Hmm.
  • Yen Press technically hasn't announced that the English novels are getting a digital release... but they've added pages for digital versions of volumes 10 and 11 on their website. (Seems like they're adding the ebook pages in reverse order, for whatever reason.)
  • Volume 10 comes out December 11, volume 11 releases simultaneously with the print version (January 22).
  • Web novel hasn't updated since March, though that's typical when Mamare's working on official novel publication.
  • TRPG is still going strong; some TRPG reps attended the TRPG Festival at the beginning of the month.
  • Mobile game has lasted far longer than I ever expected it to, still churning out new content more than 3 years after its inception.
Old 2018-09-28, 09:03   Link #4177
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Better to be late but good, than to rush and fall short =3

And I echo your sentiment on the mobile game. Apparently LogHora is much more popular in Japan than we might have expected =3

Signature by liro
Old 2018-10-04, 06:14   Link #4178
tuckersister

Any new WN chapter recently?
Old 2018-10-04, 12:50   Link #4179
Gatmar

I am just thankful we are getting more new material at all. The Anime series had caught on with the Anime even before vol 9 and 10 were officially published. Than the whole tax evasion scandal happened and we could not get any more new material and while i have seen spoilers of what the next 3 volumes focus on and right now mamare is doing vol 14 i still wanted to read something.

Volume 11 is the first true new material that will be available to us in almost 5 years and i am just thankful that we are getting anything new at all at this stage.

It is also nice that we are finally getting an official web publication of the volumes as well.
Gatmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 07:15   Link #4180
tuckersister

Any new update?

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers