AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-02-04, 22:58   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

High School DxD Light Novel - Speculation/Theories on Future Plot

The purpose of this thread is to discuss your speculation and theories on the future direction of the plot of the High School DxD Light Novel. To participate in this thread, you are expected to already be familiar with the current volume and everything before it, so there is no need for spoiler tags. However, please do not post actual teasers/spoilers about future content in this thread; this should only be for your own speculation and theories, not spoilers.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or source illustrations
  • No posting translations of the source itself
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2017-03-04 at 03:30.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-04, 23:30   Link #2
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I hope that Vali can achieve what Issei can "Dragon's Transformation" or Sirzech's True Form I hope that Vali gain Devil/Demon Transformation like Sirzech but more menacing a Silver Devil with dragon power on Volume 21 "Vali's Volume". ^^
Old 2016-02-05, 00:10   Link #3
Chris38

@kusabireika

Well, I think that Sirzechs 'true form' is something that is unique to him alone ... which is the reason why he is considered as a Super Devil.

Although I agree that it's possible that Vali will gain some transformation / power up from his Lucifer origins, which haven't got a lot of focus in LN so far.

After all ... it's IMHO the only thing that can make Vali more or less keep up with the power ups that Ise has been getting in the last few volumes.

Still, I wouldn't give too much details about what this power up might be, since the possibilities are pretty much ... endless.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 00:23   Link #4
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
@Chris38: either that or unlocking another hidden potential of Albion's Divine Dividing that doesn't exist on Boosted Gear perhaps, uhm how about you if you gonna speculate Vali's power-up what will it be I hope it's ok to ask. ^^?
Old 2016-02-05, 03:30   Link #5
Variabug
Professional Lurker

In all honesty its kinda hard to figure out where the series will go next. We do know that Ishibumi has talked about having an arc centered around the Hindu Gods (as they are technically the strongest mythology within the DXD Universe) so they might become the main antagonists after Trihexa.

I'm also guessing that we might see developments from character relationships (or relationship) that was mentioned in EX (you can go there to see what up if need be, don't want to spoil its). With Kunou, Bennia, and Le Fay going to their respective branches of Kuoh Academy they'll probably become more active members of the cast and their relationships with Issei will probably be explored more. Although I don't think any of them have a planned LN to themselves unfortunately. I personally would see Issei gaining his peerage at this point, especially if this is the final arc of the series and thus we'll either have known characters (Abe, Xenovia, Asia, etc) either transfer or become a part of his peerage. Possibly with Rias gaining some new pieces as well. I've had a hunch for awhile that Kiryuu "Scouter" glasses might actually be a sacred gear, and with her discovering the supernatural world she'll probably gain a larger role within the series, possibly become another member of the harem/peerage in the future. I don't know how popular she is within the fandom, so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Kuroka becomes a part of the potential peerage. She has been a major contender for awhile and considering that she does get a child in EX I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't a member. This could also explore more about the Rating games and Evil Pieces as Akuja made the whole system with a bunch of secrets that having the main character explore would be interesting, especially since Issei is a madness magnet as is harem/ecchi protagonist tradition.

With the ending of EX we do know the futures of a couple characters within the series. Vali himself gets some pretty...interesting tidbits so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw his character development head in that direction. Issei also shows up with a new power so that might also be shown later in the series as well.

Ophis and Lilith are two characters whose future was not explored. We do know that Ophis herself is hurt, but Lilith (who has most of Ophis' power) is okay. The question will be if they fuse of stay separate. It'll be interesting whether or not Ishibumi will make her a part of the harem, as I do know there are at least a few people who want that (although it might be those crazy crack shippers at it again).

Back to Vali real quick, I have an inkling that Lilith may have something to do with Vali's powerup. He already has superior potential with being a descendant of Lucifer, having the power of the Infinite Dragon might just put him on a more equal plane with Issei.
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 03:40   Link #6
B214

Ishibumi already hinted strongly on the Malebolge the 12 Heinous criminals of the Underworld on his blog, so they may become the villains of the next arc.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 06:12   Link #7
Bigmac

I would like to see some relationship development between Rias and Issei. Maybe him taking her on a date. That would be interesting to read. I also want Kiba to make a move on Tsubaki. Less fighting more character development please.

Also seeing Ophis and Lilith interacting with each other could be fun.
Bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 08:14   Link #8
Hakai

Like a lot of others, i too would like this volume to be more slice of life-ish but I doubt we're getting that
It's supposed to be Vali's volume with Ise getting a lots of focus as well and it's apparently going to have foreshadowing of some big plot twist
Old 2016-02-05, 08:30   Link #9
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

From what Ishibumi has said, I don't think we're getting any real slice of life until the next arc. Vol. 21's meant to be darker than normal, has the fate of the universe and potentially another Devil civil war as the focus, and foreshadows the next arc.

I'd be happy if next arc was on the Malebolge rather than the Hindu Gods. That leaves more time to develop the series (particularly in relation to Ise and his harem/peerage, maybe a bit more universe backstory).
Old 2016-02-05, 09:14   Link #10
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
From what Ishibumi has said, I don't think we're getting any real slice of life until the next arc. Vol. 21's meant to be darker than normal, has the fate of the universe and potentially another Devil civil war as the focus, and foreshadows the next arc.

I'd be happy if next arc was on the Malebolge rather than the Hindu Gods. That leaves more time to develop the series (particularly in relation to Ise and his harem/peerage, maybe a bit more universe backstory).
devil civil war? that would be interesting. but the question is, who will start the war? i didn't think Great king faction will pick a fight with current maou faction. or Hades will do a little conspiracy again?

and if Hades do that, your suggestion about Malebolge arc would be good. also it was nearly impossible for DxD team to fight the Hindu god.

note to self : i guess i need a rest, i misread your post. i read Malebulge instead of Malebolge

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 10:47   Link #11
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What's Malebolge? Is it related to the Gae-Bolg?

I'm with Gary on his prediction. There probably won't be any Slice-of-Life stuff until after the next arc.

@Kusabireika: Why do you want Vali to only get the abilities of Albion's that Ise doesn't have yet? Wouldn't it be good for him to also get Reflect, since it's supposed to Albion's ability from before he was sealed like Penetrate is for Ddraig? I actually want Vali to get Reflect.
Old 2016-02-05, 11:05   Link #12
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

here ya go osman
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male...0%2C7999364313

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 11:07   Link #13
Chichiryuushintei

There's definitely not going to be slice-of-life next volume. Though I do want Ishi to make the volumes of next arc more slice-of-life-centric, and maybe hyping up the villains with their own POV instead of confronting Ise and the others directly.
Old 2016-02-05, 11:13   Link #14
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@LowCholesterol: Ah, I see. Thanks for posting that link.

It'd be interesting to see Ishibumi's version of that in HS DxD, I guess.

Edit: One post late.
@Chichi: I agree with you here. It could be a good experience to get to see things from the villains' point of view for a change.
Old 2016-02-06, 16:22   Link #15
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Ishibumi already hinted strongly on the Malebolge the 12 Heinous criminals of the Underworld on his blog, so they may become the villains of the next arc.
Oh yes. More reference and (faithful, I hope) adaptation to Dante's Divine Comedy (in particular Inferno) is always a plus IMO. They are also a good platform for continuing the Devil Civil War that the Old Maou Faction has left off with the 13 demonic Malebranches being the mastermind to continue the Civil War, and have the power to match.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2016-02-06 at 16:47.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 19:15   Link #16
Chichiryuushintei

I think Ishi made it pretty clear so far he doesn't care about being faithful to mythologies as much as just doing his own thing with them.
Old 2016-02-06, 19:49   Link #17
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Well, he does. What I mean faithful here is that Ishi makes these mythological characters play as much as their roles in their own myths allow, by the way. Ishi can make any kind of characterization or looks as much as it fits with the whole story (he did a pretty good job with most myths featured so far).

As much as fighting goes, it would be great to see the group outsmarts Malacoda and the Malebranche (if they indeed become the main villain of the next arc) rather than by brute strength.

Last edited by Ariel_Saeba; 2016-02-07 at 01:23.
Ariel_Saeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 20:35   Link #18
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Ise's involved in the fight, even if tactics are involved, raw power will still play a role too.

But if Ishi does do it, it might be good. So I'll look forward to the possibility.
Old 2016-02-07, 06:36   Link #19
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Well, their characterization in Inferno puts them in trickster territory. This makes me also hope that Sona (with Saji) and Seekvaira will have more direct role in this arc rather than being background characters.
Old 2016-02-07, 07:38   Link #20
Chichiryuushintei

Well, Loki is also a trickster in the original myth, so you shouldn't get your hopes too high.

I'm also pretty sure it was said those Malebranche guys are Maou-Class, so Saji and Sona are already out of question. If Ise with CCQ can't fight a Maou-Class, Saji would just be stomped.