AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-10, 04:09   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^I have the same problem. Best I managed is go up to 120 steps. Furthermore, I played the game on normal so I sure miss the undo function. Checkpoints would be nice too... but that would make it too easy, wouldn't it?
Old 2011-08-10, 17:16   Link #382
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I got this game because I was curious. At first I thought moving boxes and getting to the top is a bit boring but it got really addicting especially since you're not just moving boxes but actually using your head too. Not to mention that you're being timed and the boss fights were great and it's actually making me think. The puzzles are frustrating but good at the same time. The story was really nice and I like how everything relates to something. Heh, "lambs to the slaughterhouse" eh?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 01:43   Link #383
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Just downloaded the demo and tried it today. I know I'm a little late to the party, but I love the atmosphere of this game. The anime-style cutscenes were a treat and the in-game character models look pretty well done as well.

The puzzles were interesting. I quickly caught on and beat the demo, but that's only 2 puzzles. I'm hearing that there's boss fights as well. Scary! A little bit of characterization of Katherine but none of Catherine in the demo. How awkwardly coincidental that they share the same name.

Something that stuck out for me was the creativity of the texting; at first I thought it was a simple click until the whole message was written, but then it turns out that you can change the wording by erasing and retyping. Very creative, I like it.

$59.99- I need a new game, but damn it. I foresee this game dropping in price sometime soon, so I won't be buying it just yet. Still, was a good time, that demo.
Old 2011-08-30, 22:36   Link #384
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Catherine Poses Questions About Mature Relationships Most Games are Afraid to Ask

Interesting article.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:27   Link #385
Westlo
Lets be reality

lmao @ 1600 people watching a Catherine tournament, shit be hype!

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

LOL @ the climbx2 powerup being called x-factor.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 01:20   Link #386
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Just downloaded the demo and tried it today. I know I'm a little late to the party, but I love the atmosphere of this game. The anime-style cutscenes were a treat and the in-game character models look pretty well done as well.

The puzzles were interesting. I quickly caught on and beat the demo, but that's only 2 puzzles. I'm hearing that there's boss fights as well. Scary! A little bit of characterization of Katherine but none of Catherine in the demo. How awkwardly coincidental that they share the same name.

Something that stuck out for me was the creativity of the texting; at first I thought it was a simple click until the whole message was written, but then it turns out that you can change the wording by erasing and retyping. Very creative, I like it.

$59.99- I need a new game, but damn it. I foresee this game dropping in price sometime soon, so I won't be buying it just yet. Still, was a good time, that demo.
Games like these usually does a pretty good job (sadly) at holding its price point for a long time.

Hate to be the one breaking it to you.
Old 2011-09-04, 01:37   Link #387
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Games like these usually does a pretty good job (sadly) at holding its price point for a long time.

Hate to be the one breaking it to you.
That so? Catherine did seem to do better than others, but obscure titles generally seem to fall in price after some time. It definitely won't stay up like Halo or CoD does, at least.

And I'm a very patient person when waiting for games.
Old 2011-09-04, 02:13   Link #388
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
That so? Catherine did seem to do better than others, but obscure titles generally seem to fall in price after some time. It definitely won't stay up like Halo or CoD does, at least.

And I'm a very patient person when waiting for games.
Better get it when you can.

From my observation, Atlus titles tend to cease printings altogether after a while.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 02:28   Link #389
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Isn't Catherine one of the only Atlus games that have actually had a heavily promoted North American release? I can't say I agree that printings will cease in this case.

It's been over a month and my local EB Games STILL has copies on display behind the main counter. Usually these kinds of localized Japanese games are taken off the shelves by this time. I found it unusual they were promoting it this much even before it actually released in the first place.

Sometimes I wonder if localized Japanese games don't get incredibly high western sales not because they cater to a niche audience, but because stores won't promote them to a large degree like they would for games from western developers or a large-scale Japanese company like Nintendo.
Old 2011-09-04, 02:47   Link #390
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Cease printing or not, I'll find a way to get to it- be it years later or not.
Old 2011-09-04, 02:48   Link #391
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Isn't Catherine one of the only Atlus games that have actually had a heavily promoted North American release? I can't say I agree that printings will cease in this case.
It all depends on whether you want to take the chance.

Atlus is not a huge publisher and most games tend to lose hype with the crowds after a while. Most companies will limit their initial printings to 1 or 2 wave to cut back on losses. Unless they hit paydirt.

So, in short, the ball is in Atlus's court now. And you can take your chance on this title's availability in the future if you want.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 09:27   Link #392
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Atlus has increased production in recent years though, P3P, P4, Knight in the Nightmare all have quite a bit of leftovers after the "initial" period. Also, with the heavy emphasis on Catherine's release, I doubt it'll be out of print anytime soon.

The thing with JRPGs or these niche games is, they like to drop it $5-10 after awhile, then that price point will last god knows how many years, until finally noone wants the game anymore, then they get tossed into the $10 bin. I don't think I've seen these games get their deserved steady drops, ever.
Old 2011-09-11, 21:17   Link #393
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

This is a tournament that took place a awhile back.

http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/b/294218113

Watching this makes me wish there was a online mode for Catherine.
Old 2011-09-11, 21:23   Link #394
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Man, who knew this game could be so competitive?

Maybe an online mode is something Atlus should consider for the sequel thanks to this.~
Old 2015-07-18, 14:35   Link #395
Xanadu

is anyone seeing the tournament at evo things are getting so hype.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 01:15   Link #396
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Been years since Full Body's out.

Found the acid jazz version of the game's OP.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, atlus, horror