AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 37 43.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 24.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-11, 20:25   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post

Spoiler for wut:

I can't wait for subs
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-11, 20:35   Link #22
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post

Spoiler for wut:

I can't wait for subs
No they didn't!He should have put that between commas so people knew it was just the expression and not take it literally!
Old 2008-03-11, 22:06   Link #23
metronome
Mad Loli

so seems like the company that own lawrence's debt does actually has their own trouble too that they want to "help" lawrence eh?

actually it is pretty fast of nora that she accepts the gold smuggling job offers easily. in the real world, especially if you are a female, you will be scared of it.
Old 2008-03-11, 23:02   Link #24
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Doesnt he have a ton of money coming from the coin scam with that company? So he's not really bankrupt because of the armor sale failing. He just has to wait doesnt he?

Of course, he cant divulge anything about it so people arent going to just believe him if he says 'i got money coming to me if you'll just wait X amt of months...."

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2008-03-11, 23:30   Link #25
DanielSong39

He doesn't have any money from the coin scam since he used it all on pepper. He then turned the pepper into armor, which is now worthless.

He can leave the armor with the association for the time being and hopefully the market will recover. In the meantime, this little operation should get him out of debt...
Old 2008-03-11, 23:49   Link #26
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Patience is a virtue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I will wait for the subs... wait for the subs... too close to cap... must wait. O.o
Hang in there Vexx, I'm with you on this one.
Old 2008-03-12, 01:26   Link #27
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Doesnt he have a ton of money coming from the coin scam with that company? So he's not really bankrupt because of the armor sale failing. He just has to wait doesnt he?

Of course, he cant divulge anything about it so people arent going to just believe him if he says 'i got money coming to me if you'll just wait X amt of months...."
he didn't make much money from the coin scam anyway. Like they said he turned the money in pepper. What messed him up was that he bought twice what he had in pepper at half the price as a blackmail for the guy trying to cheat him with the scales. he was supposed to make 4 times what he spend and only had to pay 1/4 of that to pay for the credit. Well now he can't sell the armor because nobody wants so he still has to pay what he borrow without making any money from the armor.
Old 2008-03-12, 01:56   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep11:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2008-03-12 at 02:13.
Old 2008-03-12, 03:13   Link #29
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep11:
LOTS!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-12, 03:16   Link #30
DanielSong39

Lawrence will make enough money to pay for his debt, obtain a cart of goods, and pay travel expenses - Horo will probably eat the rest in honeyed peaches.

But it's the journey, rather than the destination, that I'm most interested in... looking forward to it.
Old 2008-03-12, 03:54   Link #31
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Spoiler for Thoughts on the raw:
Old 2008-03-12, 09:24   Link #32
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep11:
TAIL MOEEE, god is there any internet MEME for TAIL lover, gahh i need one, tail overdose every time i watch spice and wolf
Old 2008-03-12, 11:15   Link #33
Rodo K.
The Other Alice

Well, having not seen episode 11 yet, Nora's probably going to help out lawrence since he helped her. Horo on the other hand, how would she react? I'm sure she's hurt and he will probably apologize later with honey peaches.
Old 2008-03-12, 12:20   Link #34
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
He doesn't have any money from the coin scam since he used it all on pepper. He then turned the pepper into armor, which is now worthless.

He can leave the armor with the association for the time being and hopefully the market will recover. In the meantime, this little operation should get him out of debt...
He used all the money from the coin scam on pepper? Where does it say that? He owes like 40-42 coins. Surely they gave him more than 40-ish coins for such a profitable scam.

Otherwise, its like me getting $2000-$5000 for making you 1mil. It would almost be more profitable killing the person who made me such a ridiculous offer. You know, as a public service. Hmm i may have gone overboard there, but the point is that it seems so little considering the supposedly massive amount the company is making thanks to him.

Old 2008-03-12, 12:53   Link #35
Xacual

I think you're forgetting that different currency have different values. He had 1000 Trenni? coins worth of pepper. He used that in trade for 10 sets of armor plus another 10 on credit. Those 10 suits on credit for 50 Rumiola? coins is his debt.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-03-12, 13:20   Link #36
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Then the price of armor dropped below 50%. Otherwise, he could sell at a loss and cover his debt. Yes he shouldve never bought on credit. That was stupid. He shouldve just bought the 10. That way even at a loss he wouldnt be totally screwed.

Still....1000 Trenni sounds small compared to the money the company made off his info. Plus the fact that they went after him and he had to put his head on the line just so the company could make most of the profit. Although I forgot the % that he was promised. If it was less than 10% then he got ripped.

Old 2008-03-12, 13:23   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12 preview summary:

Quote:
But it's the journey, rather than the destination, that I'm most interested in... looking forward to it.

Looks like what you look forward to might not be much...
Seems the destination might be more interesting than the journey in this case...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-12, 13:30   Link #38
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I figured out a way to clear up my confusion with the payment he got in the coin scam deal.

Lawrence wants to make enough money to open a shop right?

Well regardless of the exchange rates of different currencies, I feel his payment for the coin scam should be enough to open a shop. That's considering how they built it up making me think this was a HUGE deal involving tons of money. If even at 5%, its not enough for a shop, then it was overhyped.

Finally I was able to clearly explain

Old 2008-03-12, 13:49   Link #39
DanielSong39

Marlhait explained in episode 6 that the royal family imposed a number of duties and taxes in order to cut their losses short - which reduced the profits for the Milone company. All Lawrence was left with was 120 Trenni plus 1000 for his services (which was used to pay Horo's bills and obtain a cart load of pepper).

The exchange rate between Trenni silver and Lumione seems to be between 35 and 40-1 (otherwise Lawrence would've never accepted the merchant's initial deal). Horo's trick drove up the price 1.5 times the original asking price AND Lawrence insisted on a double margin on armor.

Unfortunately the market for armor collapsed completely, well below book value. Lawrence cannot get out of debt by selling it at a firesale price.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-03-12 at 17:11.
Old 2008-03-12, 14:24   Link #40
creamyhorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Marlhait explained in episode 6 that the royal family imposed a number of duties and taxes in order to cut their losses short - which reduced the profits for the Milone company. All Lawrence was left with was 120 Trennai plus 1000 for his services (which was used to pay Horo's bills and obtain a cart load of pepper).
Yup. The 120 coins was Lawrence's 5% share of the profit as agreed in the contract. The 1000 coins was a bonus that Milone gave Lawrence out of goodwill.

Quote:
The exchange rate between Trennai silver and Lumione seems to be between 35 and 40-1 (otherwise Lawrence would've never accepted the merchant's initial deal). Horo's trick drove up the price 1.5 times the original asking price AND Lawrence insisted on a double margin on armor.
Hmm, where did you get the 1.5 times? Novel or anime? I don't think the final price of the spice was indicated in the show, although you can calculate a rough range if you wanted...
Closed Thread