AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-02-13, 10:32   Link #281
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Also a given that the TSAB don't necessarily know if he will or not, and the danger of him doing that WMD attack when there are people in range would be too great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowConnection View Post
Really, Nanoha was the only one who was able to be sent out at the time. It'd be nice if battlefield conditions were ideal, but unfortunately, you simply have to muster the best you can with what you have.
Quote:
Sometimes you just don't have a choice. Everything is dangerous, especially in this line of work, but you are there doing it to protect people. You willingly step into that danger.
There are other options aside from "bail" and "charge". Nanoha has speed and range, so instead of committing herself into all-out battle against Touma she could have just pin him instead. She has range and her speed isn't bad; she could have focus on defending and dodging, firing long-ranged shots occasionally to keep Touma occupied, probing him of whatever skills he might else have while waiting for her friend to recover.

Of course since Touma's abilities are currently unpredictable this might end badly as well, but trying to contain Touma while waiting for back-up is more understandable than pushing yourself trying to neutralize him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Teana used her optic camo to sneak onto the Huckebein's ship and is now hiding out there.
That...would be a pleasant twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Hope she puts a knife to Stella's throat.
Tea, you're creating a Time Paradox. Tea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
*Twitch* *twitch* The Nanoha 4Koma are back?

*Goes off and smashes something out of sheer frustration.*
...why so furious?

Page Claim for Infiltrator Lanster - Female(duh), Midchildan-Born, Renegade, Survivor
Old 2011-02-13, 10:43   Link #282
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
As I said to Yasanagi...

Quote:
A bunch of NanoFate BS that takes away from any joke that might have been made and is just irritating because they're okay to a point, but they go out of control and drive the same fucking joke into the ground, we get it already, in the 4Komas, Nanoha and Fate are fucking each other on-screen, we don't need to have this joke beat over our heads every goddammed time these things come up, so, stop with the 4Komas already and try something different!!!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 10:46   Link #283
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
As I said to Yasanagi...
Wait, it's not the 4koma doujin, is it?

...there was other mangas beside Force Dimension, vivid, Force and the A's and StrikerS supplements?
Old 2011-02-13, 10:49   Link #284
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Wait, it's not the 4koma doujin, is it?

...there was other mangas beside Force Dimension, vivid, Force and the A's and StrikerS supplements?
*Points over to NanoFate*

They, apparently, already have Force 4Koma and I saw it last night and I'm suddenly reminded as to why NanoFate annoys me so much and now I want to hurt someone and that goddamned noise from downstairs won't stop and people are just arguing semantics in this threads because the goddamned writers of Force only update once a month and don't give us enough pages for what they write and it's very annoying with partial chapters which makes us wait two to three months to get a full chapter, so why the hell can't Force be an anime already!?

Old 2011-02-13, 10:53   Link #285
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
so why the hell can't Force be an anime already!?
You probably already know, but Tsuzuki got a new anime project...

Right now the chance of Force getting an anime is pretty bleak
Old 2011-02-13, 10:58   Link #286
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Oh, right, some sort of movie, right?

Considering how I felt about the first movie and how I had to STOP WATCHING IT because it was not impressive nor interesting, I really have to wonder how the hell he expects to make money on the next movie that he's doing, oh he probably will, but he won't make as much as the first one did because it won't focus on the same things that the first movie did.

Old 2011-02-13, 11:03   Link #287
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Oh, right, some sort of movie, right?

Considering how I felt about the first movie and how I had to STOP WATCHING IT because it was not impressive nor interesting, I really have to wonder how the hell he expects to make money on the next movie that he's doing, oh he probably will, but he won't make as much as the first one did because it won't focus on the same things that the first movie did.
Err, no. A new series, with similar style to Nanoha minus the magitech (he probably had the staff on speed-dial). My guess is that Force would end as a manga while the A's movie would be the last animated feature. Whatever it is, I don't think Nanoha is on his priority list anymore, since he's trying to create a new cash cow franchise...

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-13 at 11:10. Reason: Game over, man! Game over!
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 11:05   Link #288
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Err, no. A new series, with similar style to Nanoha minus the magitech (he probably had the staff on speed-dial). My guess is that Force would end as a manga while the A's movie would be the last animated feature. Whatever it is, I don't think Nanoha is on his priority list anymore, since he's trying to create a new cash cow franchise...
=/ Well, that's just... Great, isn't it?

Old 2011-02-13, 11:40   Link #289
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
There are other options aside from "bail" and "charge". Nanoha has speed and range, so instead of committing herself into all-out battle against Touma she could have just pin him instead. She has range and her speed isn't bad; she could have focus on defending and dodging, firing long-ranged shots occasionally to keep Touma occupied, probing him of whatever skills he might else have while waiting for her friend to recover.

Of course since Touma's abilities are currently unpredictable this might end badly as well, but trying to contain Touma while waiting for back-up is more understandable than pushing yourself trying to neutralize him.
So you're suggesting she try to magically bind an Eclipse person, eh?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 11:43   Link #290
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
So you're suggesting she try to magically bind an Eclipse person, eh?
No, just take some long-range shots with her lasers and then run and defend from the counter-attack, distract him from going out of sight until help arrive. Think a horse archer taunting a berserker and have him run in circles until the drug wears off.

Besides, there's no reason to believe that he has unlimited power supply.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-02-13 at 12:00.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:07   Link #291
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
*Twitch* *twitch* The Nanoha 4Koma are back?

*Goes off and smashes something out of sheer frustration.*
It's not those 4komas, Nanya. It's Force Dimension, the 4koma series that runs along side Force in Nyantype. Only the first of those got translated and it had to do with Thoma's need to buy Lily underwear.

To my knowledge there's only one other that's translated that I brought up before. It was TLed by those over at NanoFate.us for obvious reasons. The strip dealt with when Fate saved Nanoha from Deville, they then lapse into their "Nanoha!" "Fate-chan!" bit and Deville's all -_-"

Being a parody manga of the series, you're not supposed to take it seriously, or think that the content reflects the actual canon. Like the Haruhi-chan manga. Yuki isn't canonically into hentai games
Old 2011-02-13, 12:22   Link #292
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:

In general, I agree. However, we need to keep in mind that the TSAB wants to capture Touma, and Nanoha was only given the order to "track and secure" him after he launched himself off the ship. Did it look (appropriately) suicidal to the Wolfram crew? Maybe. And engaging at a distance might mean that Touma winds up a smear of blood and brains on the ground. In any case, the confrontation gets all complicated because at some point, they realize that three separate interested parties were gunning for Touma, and you're pretty much obligated to engage in close combat to try to lay a "stake" on him.

All in all, this entire battle is a mess of "not as planned" and "oh god, what the hell". Really messy all-around for all parties involved.
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:50   Link #293
Justin_Brett

Well, if Tsuzuki can make something else that's good, he shouldn't automatically have to work on one series forever. I doubt Seven Arcs itself will want to stop the Nanoha cashflow, though, so hey.

Actually, it sort of seems like they're banking on people who liked Nanoha watching Dog Days. Someone even wondered if they're connected somehow in its thread. Can't say I'd really mind.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:58   Link #294
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
No, just take some long-range shots with her lasers and then run and defend from the counter-attack, distract him from going out of sight until help arrive. Think a horse archer taunting a berserker and have him run in circles until the drug wears off.
What makes you think it's a drug? Remember, Touma is trying to run away, so he's not going to be easily led around. Also, Nanoha is trying to save Touma, too, and given his advanced stage of infection, every moment counts. She needs to knock him out and get him treatment ASAP.

Quote:
Besides, there's no reason to believe that he has unlimited power supply.
But as we've seen, the battery in her Strike Cannon is limited, and I'd guess she'd have less power than Touma.

What you're suggesting isn't bad, but it assumes much more risk than other options.
Old 2011-02-13, 14:52   Link #295
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Finally watched the raws and few things got clarified:

- Cypha indeed try to delink the Heimdall only for Hayate to transform it into an ice storm.
- The Heimdall indeed far for itself due to Hayate losing concentration to mantain the spell
- Karen indeed trunces Vita and Erio pretty badly xDU(Is the 2nd person able to endure Vita's Unstopable Rage, the first was Zest).
- Yeah Deville looks a bit "different"(but still cool in another sense xD)
- yeah, "Isis will live" *raises arms* xD
- Yeah, the chapter is ironically called Heimdall(a chapter named after an unsuccessfull attack, pretty meh xDU)
- And yes, Subaru is apparently the misterious "student".

All are predictions previously stated on this forum so nothing really surprising about the chapter, Karen surely make a cool introduction(i was impresive and shocking when Cypha show her anti-magic powers by breaking Laevatein ...an armed device, Karen tops that by slicing TWO Anti-Eclipse designed weapons with much more ease) but her look is pretty unimpressive for the kind of power and position she's holding(i mean, compared with the reast of the Hucks and their "Bad Boys" fashion trend she looks quite bland), hope that she reveals a more menacing look in the future.

About the heroes, they are getting their butts handed to them left and right, i'm about to call total owning for them if not for the fact that is Subaru the one who is coming, that left me still holding a candle for her and hope she does some amazing HERO stuff, the Yagami family just blows and the dynamic duo(Fate and Nanoha) are the only ones standing on the battlefield so is pretty much up to Subaru to do something important and the delay of two chapters for "the student" to appear might be pointing to something actually significant.

So far the Huckebein isn't a "Mini-Boss Squad" anymore, they're more like a bunch of SNK bosses banded togheter since the heroes are unable to lay a single finger on them, by this point i'll think Section Six will need to try to divide the Hucks and gang on each member on separate locations in order to stand a chance of success. I hope for Vita, Fate and Signum VS. Cypha, of course, Tohma and probably Nanoha and Hayate where the ones to face Karen, Teana, Isis and Caro VS. Arnage and so on.

Quote:
For one side it's a bit sad to think that FORCE will be the last installement of Nanoha's main timeline(well, anime/manga industry isn't famous for having good finales anyway xDU). However i really enjoyed The MOVIE 1st(sorry Nanya, i know you didn't liked it but great part of the fanbase thinks a bit differently) and if they mantain the same quality and A's movie will be gerogeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well, if Tsuzuki can make something else that's good, he shouldn't automatically have to work on one series forever. I doubt Seven Arcs itself will want to stop the Nanoha cashflow, though, so hey.

Actually, it sort of seems like they're banking on people who liked Nanoha watching Dog Days. Someone even wondered if they're connected somehow in its thread. Can't say I'd really mind.
On the other side i agree with this, a new series made by Tsuzuki didn't necessary mean the end of the Nanoha franchise, also i'm a bit sceptical about a cashcow based on a series full of girls with puppy ears. Besides, the art looks pretty cool and for God's sake athe magical aspecxts are apparently returned(very welcome xD), i kind of like the blue clothed girl at the back ground, her armour design and battle-readt grin reminds me of a combination of Reinforce Eins and Signum xD.

Oh a crazy theory. The heroes are screwed in the manga because they now lack the power of Nana Mizuki, the real thing that allow the horeos to save the day are Nana Mizuki's song but in manga format that's impossible xDU. FORCE finale needs to be released into an anime, movie or OVA series in order to allow Nana-sama to empower the heroes with her songs and save the day again xD. One of the most wonderfull things about the franchise are the kickass openings(i'm in love with ETERNAL BLAZE) xD!

EDIT: The funny 4komas are back? OMG! with those i can probably be able to like even fucking Cypha xD!(depending on the trend of humor used on the Hucks) the guy who makes that thing can make ANY situation funny(i laugh my butt reading his version of the invasion to RF6 HQ xD).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-02-13 at 15:23.
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 15:17   Link #296
Justin_Brett

Yeah, her actually doing something impressive kinda caught me off-guard. Didn't expect that.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 15:26   Link #297
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Y'know, not to toss a wild theory, but (if?) Isis is a combat cyborg and Subaru is very effective (she did kinda neuter Veyron's weapon) then those two may be all they need to stop them as long as they are backed up. Heck this paves the way to optioning the rest of the cyborgs to the battle. I wonder if they originally wanted them to help out but were held back on some weird grounds. Jail should have a good laugh at some point.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 17:06   Link #298
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Ahaha, it's already been proven -- Tsuzuki got lucky with Nanoha and will never be able to create a cash cow like it again. Not when he is using 7arcs, that is. He needs a better animation studio if he ever hopes to make something so popular again.
Old 2011-02-13, 17:22   Link #299
Kaijo
Banned

Creating a hit is one thing, but most creators will attempt to diversify while keeping their hit as the cash cow to fund new projects. Not all will be successful, but eventually the funds from the hit will dry up.

So to plan for the future, diversify. That's all Tsuzuki is doing. We'll have Nanoha for quite awhile. Even if Force is the last, odds are we'll get another year or two out of Force at the least.
Old 2011-02-13, 17:29   Link #300
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Thought I heard it was ending soon, whatever 'soon' means.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force