AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 12:12   Link #1061
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post

you know the drill, PM for unc. ones. [/SPOILER]
Spoiler for ep7 - preview:
So from the looks of the preview this is not going to be a 2 episode fight which is good but can also be potentially bad depending on what they do. Also, noticed another change from the manga regarding the end of the episode from the screen shots. However, this change is most welcome since it looks like it was done directly for ecchi purposes
Old 2011-02-16, 15:08   Link #1062
Seta19

I was wondering if anyone could find the freezing logo by iteself.. without the words. just the blue crest in the background.. i need a small image of it
Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 19:09   Link #1063
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
So Cleo is a German (that's a surprise) and Arnett is from Switzerland.

I like the fact most of the cast are international since we got Japanese, Korean, Tibetan, German, Swiss, British, Romania, American, Indian and French.
Switzerland? SWITZERLAND? Considering I'm Swiss WHY WOULD YOU EVER MAKE A CHARACTER COME FROM SWITZERLAND LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, swiss people aren't made to be heroes even though she's pretty hot <3

Now if you would excuse me, I can't really talk anymore as I'm about to burst from laughter.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 19:52   Link #1064
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Switzerland? SWITZERLAND? Considering I'm Swiss WHY WOULD YOU EVER MAKE A CHARACTER COME FROM SWITZERLAND LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, swiss people aren't made to be heroes even though she's pretty hot <3

Now if you would excuse me, I can't really talk anymore as I'm about to burst from laughter.
Typically, anime sticks religiously with the first 3 or 4 European countries which come to mind. Britain-France-Germany and sometimes Italy. Rarely do they get Swiss or Romanians like in Freezing.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 20:00   Link #1065
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

This is probably the funniest thing iv read all day and since your Swiss it makes even more humorous
Old 2011-02-17, 02:39   Link #1066
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:

you should be proud that your country is on an anime
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 05:03   Link #1067
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

God, I've tried to like this anime, I really have. I think the manhwa is decent, but so far I've found the anime version to be HORRIBLE. I don't want to sound like a manga snob, but I just don't see any real point behind this particular anime aside from fanservice. It barely follows the storyline of the manhwa, as I'm finding the character development to be pointedly lacking. It could be because the manhwa doesn't have enough chapters, it could be because the anime's plot wasn't fully fleshed out, but something about this anime just rubs me the wrong way.

I personally would have preferred an Id, Legend of Maian or Immortal Regis/Cavalier of the Abyss anime, of the manhwa that I read. One of those three... they probably would have been a lot better. Hell, even Shade would have been better, and that's saying something.
Old 2011-02-17, 09:40   Link #1068
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Y'know everyone that read the manga first, feels like the is is just the worst show ever. While I don't feel like Shade would've been better (it's quality seems to fluctuate vastly between chapters) I'm inclined to agree with the rest of you post.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:21   Link #1069
RhinoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
Y'know everyone that read the manga first, feels like the is is just the worst show ever. While I don't feel like Shade would've been better (it's quality seems to fluctuate vastly between chapters) I'm inclined to agree with the rest of you post.
I have read the manga so much times before the anime was announced, and i like the anime too.
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 13:54   Link #1070
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As for me, I haven't read the manga and I think the anime sucks majorly (it's getting better lately, though). So, prior knowledge of the manga may not matter all that much.
Old 2011-02-17, 14:20   Link #1071
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, I usually start reading the manga after having finished the anime, especially in the case of crappy AO endings such as claymore and needless.
I'll probably do the same with Freezing too.

About the anime, yeah it's nothing special... even Rio is better than this, and that is saying something.

I'm pretty sure the only redeeming quality of this series will be its own specials. I mean this can become famous as one of the few shows where the specials are better than the series itself.
Old 2011-02-17, 15:59   Link #1072
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
well, I usually start reading the manga after having finished the anime, especially in the case of crappy AO endings such as claymore and needless.
I'll probably do the same with Freezing too.
Don't forget Kurokami, to date this was the the worst massacre I have witnessed. Maybe I should follow your approach, afterall.

Quote:
About the anime, yeah it's nothing special... even Rio is better than this, and that is saying something.
Rio is better nah, at least here they try (unsuccessfully) to have a plot, plus there is occasionally blood and gore

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the only redeeming quality of this series will be its own specials. I mean this can become famous as one of the few shows where the specials are better than the series itself.
Why than waste your time with the show instead of watching only the specials
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 17:55   Link #1073
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Don't forget Kurokami, to date this was the the worst massacre I have witnessed. Maybe I should follow your approach, afterall.
ah yeah, forgot about that. Guess, we can also throw in Omamori Himari meh-ending... why not?
really, for the most part it felt like watching a DBZ fight, except with female warriors.

Quote:
Rio is better nah, at least here they try (unsuccessfully) to have a plot, plus there is occasionally blood and gore
well, at least Rio always manage to make me laugh in its absurdly over the top sillyness...
can't say the same for Freezing. blood and gore, I agree. that's a good thing, as long as it doesn't enter the guro realm. (which doesn't seem to be the case, btw)
from time to time, there are pretty good fights in Freezing, like the one in the last episode. but that's pretty much it.

Quote:
Why than waste your time with the show instead of watching only the specials
Ganessa and Chiffon are the main reasons I keep watchin'. Can't wait for Chiffon to show more of her inner Xellos personality, so I can bestow upon her the title of "first Xellos-type pandora". and Ganessa for her attitude and body.
besides, I'm a fanservice-fan after all. So, can't afford to miss it. Also have to know the characters before going to enjoy the specials.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2011-02-17 at 18:47.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 20:10   Link #1074
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As for me, I haven't read the manga and I think the anime sucks majorly (it's getting better lately, though). So, prior knowledge of the manga may not matter all that much.
For the record, it's not that hard to improve upon utter crap.
Old 2011-02-17, 22:14   Link #1075
Seta19

Why are you guys continusouly ripping it.. you've said your peace, move on. Tired of reading the same posts.
Seta19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 01:28   Link #1076
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
God, I've tried to like this anime, I really have. I think the manhwa is decent, but so far I've found the anime version to be HORRIBLE. I don't want to sound like a manga snob, but I just don't see any real point behind this particular anime aside from fanservice. It barely follows the storyline of the manhwa, as I'm finding the character development to be pointedly lacking. It could be because the manhwa doesn't have enough chapters, it could be because the anime's plot wasn't fully fleshed out, but something about this anime just rubs me the wrong way.

I personally would have preferred an Id, Legend of Maian or Immortal Regis/Cavalier of the Abyss anime, of the manhwa that I read. One of those three... they probably would have been a lot better. Hell, even Shade would have been better, and that's saying something.
I think it depends on how much the producers, anime staff, and audience care about the adaptation.

If the source is a Korean work that few people read (Freezing has never charted in the Top 30, which means that each volume sells fewer than 20,000 copies), I wouldn't expect anyone to give a damn. They're just pushing out a cheap service show on the chance that the publisher might sell a few extra copies of manga.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 01:55   Link #1077
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
ah yeah, forgot about that. Guess, we can also throw in Omamori Himari meh-ending... why not?
really, for the most part it felt like watching a DBZ fight, except with female warriors.

well, at least Rio always manage to make me laugh in its absurdly over the top sillyness...
can't say the same for Freezing. blood and gore, I agree. that's a good thing, as long as it doesn't enter the guro realm. (which doesn't seem to be the case, btw)
from time to time, there are pretty good fights in Freezing, like the one in the last episode. but that's pretty much it.
So I guess we both put Freezing into the realm of Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Hyakka Ryouran, etc.

As for Rio, IMHO, it is not bad enough to be good

Quote:
Ganessa and Chiffon are the main reasons I keep watchin'. Can't wait for Chiffon to show more of her inner Xellos personality, so I can bestow upon her the title of "first Xellos-type pandora". and Ganessa for her attitude and body.
Indeed, Ganessa is a treat even with her diminishing screen-time. But Chiffon, don't know ... except Xellos all other closed-eyed characters I can remember turned out to be disappointing

Quote:
besides, I'm a fanservice-fan after all. So, can't afford to miss it. Also have to know the characters before going to enjoy the specials.
True
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 07:25   Link #1078
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
So I guess we both put Freezing into the realm of Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade, Hyakka Ryouran, etc.
yeah, or even worse than that. It seems to me that Freezing tries to mimic Queen's Blade fanservice, but fails at it.
guess, we can "classify" it as a bloody-gory version of Queen's Blade.

Quote:
But Chiffon, don't know ... except Xellos all other closed-eyed characters I can remember turned out to be disappointing
yeah, that's true. Xellos really is one of a kind, I've never seen a character like him. He's perfect. I wonder if they'll ever make Chiffon say: Sore wa himitsu desu -- lol, that would be awesome.
Old 2011-02-18, 14:03   Link #1079
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

After reading the manga I finally see the flaws the people were complaining about.
The heaviest one is the fact that it's going far too fast...
This way it doesn't trasmit any emotions...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 17:48   Link #1080
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:

Indeed, Ganessa is a treat even with her diminishing screen-time. But Chiffon, don't know ... except Xellos all other closed-eyed characters I can remember turned out to be disappointing
I don't think Freezing is /that/ bad. Sure it has it's flaws and if you have read the manga it's probably terrible (so far I've only read up to where the anime is now) and I believe that if you're looking for quality then you're going with the wrong approach. To me Freezing is an enjoyable show that I watch for the fights as well as the relationship between limiters and their pandoras. That said the main reasons are Ganessa <33 and lately I'm fagging all over Attia. If you expect a heavy plot of course you will be disappointed.

As for Chiffon, she isn't that appealing to me and probably will never understand what people see in her.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen