AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-29, 07:06   Link #101
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
whts wrong about it being a spam?
Then you appear to miss the point of the AnimeSuki forums. We do not welcome spam or junk posts.
Quote:
its would be funny to read over time and time again besides i dnt think it would go out of hand and drag on for 8+ pages (there is a limit to wht we can imagine you know)
Looking at the existing posts in the episode discussion threads I can't say I agree with you. In fact those posts are a good reason not to create a thread since all it will do is encourage more of the same, i.e. more noise than signal. And I'm sure a number of people would prefer they were not being made in the episode discussion threads in the first place.

I can see the potential of the thread but the problem is it would be too easy to derail any real discussion. I can see too many one liner posts and rather pointless discussion built around silly candidates being suggested as Servants (Superman for example).
Quote:
and to save space we can even add spoiler tags...
Save space? Again, you seem to miss the point. Noise inside a spoiler tag is still noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Anyway, i was wondering if we'll be getting another fav' character thread at the end of the series - seems more fare now, what with everyone being able to see every character.

Wow.. that'll be a big poll. ^^;
Yes, it is about time for another poll. Need to get kj1980 to create it since I certainly don't know all the characters

How many different major characters are there now? If it's under 20 then it should just be about manageable.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 07:09   Link #102
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
How many different major characters are there now? If it's under 20 then it should just be about manageable.
If you want a list i can pm you one?
Old 2006-05-29, 07:19   Link #103
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ouch...ive been crushed by the all mighty mod *tends to my wounds*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 11:47   Link #104
Rider_from_stay_nigh

Send a message via Yahoo to Rider_from_stay_nigh
I doubt this idea would be appected but it's worth trying lol. But can we make a stay night rpg? Or can't we not do that in the forum? As I said I doubt it would be appected.
Rider_from_stay_nigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 12:03   Link #105
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Yes, it is about time for another poll. Need to get kj1980 to create it since I certainly don't know all the characters

One question regarding the Poll.., and since well.., there are in fact alot of characters in Fate-Stay..

Is there any chance this Poll might include a multiple choice ?
Much like the one made in the Suzumiya Haruhi boards was.., because I belive many of us surely have "a" favorite character.., but since there are so many if possible maybe we could nominate a 2nd or maybe a 3rd aswell ?

If there are plans for such, its best you don't leave this information out, for as in the Haruhi Poll as I recall some of the people didn't know they could vote for more then 1 character ^^
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 12:17   Link #106
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
Is there any chance this Poll might include a multiple choice
There is every chance it will be a multiple choice poll for exactly the reasons you give

Unless there is an objection from kj1980 the poll will be multiple choice and open. Both Catgirls and I favour this format when we make popularity polls, somethimes a single choice is appropriate but very often it's better to make it multiple choice.

And yes, initially there was some confusing about multiple choice polls (when we first started to create them) but now we do include comments in the first post of the thread along with hints in the Poll Title (but that hasn't stopped people from not noticing them ). The problem is once you vote you can't "go back" and amend your vote(s) to include extra selections, you need to know up front all the choices you want to include.

So take this as an extra warning that the poll will most likely be multiple choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
If you want a list i can pm you one?
Yes please, that would help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_from_stay_nigh
I doubt this idea would be appected but it's worth trying lol. But can we make a stay night rpg? Or can't we not do that in the forum? As I said I doubt it would be appected.
I'm not exactly sure just what a RPG thread would actually consist of but I think it's a safe assumption the answer will be no Feel free to try and convince us otherwise but bear in mind we don't allow "forum games" as such (I'm sure this would be different but the principle is roughly the same).
Old 2006-05-29, 12:23   Link #107
Rider_from_stay_nigh

Send a message via Yahoo to Rider_from_stay_nigh
its ok just was wondering. ^_^
Rider_from_stay_nigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 12:59   Link #108
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yes please, that would help me
Alright, done. ^^

I was gonna ask about the more then one choice thing, works out better in the end imo.
Old 2006-05-29, 20:24   Link #109
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Sure, why not. The question of course is who are to be selected for the 2nd round of character polls. Was the max 20? I thought it was 10.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 21:23   Link #110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've already sent a list to xris - i think there was around 18 characters.
Old 2006-05-29, 21:48   Link #111
monster

Is it going to be anime characters only?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 21:51   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Is it going to be anime characters only?
Well, seems as though i wouldn't add characters that haven't appeared in the anime, yes. ^^
Old 2006-05-29, 22:08   Link #113
monster

Good, because from what little I know, it would've made my choice harder.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 12:51   Link #114
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

One question: is it OK if we keep using the "Game discussion" thread to talk about doujin games like Fatal/Fake and that sort of games? Or should we ask for a new thread?
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 12:52   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeayeah
One question: is it OK if we keep using the "Game discussion" thread to talk about doujin games like Fatal/Fake and that sort of games? Or should we ask for a new thread?
I think this has been asked before - i know i'm not a mod and all, and its not my place to answer this - but it looks like no halm is coming to it.

Though if someone comes along and starts talking about the F/SN game, people wanting to talk about Fatal/Fake could easily be spoiled by it.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:56   Link #116
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

I was thinking of something. Since we saw some Gundam Seed and Kira Yamato references in some threads, why not having a power ranking poll?
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 10:49   Link #117
Novarain

Now that Fate/Stay Night has ended i'd like to request a thread in which the different endings can be discussed. I'm just an anime watcher but i've been told that there are 3 possible endings so i'd like a thread to discuss them.

Thanks in advance.
Novarain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 10:55   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarain
Now that Fate/Stay Night has ended i'd like to request a thread in which the different endings can be discussed. I'm just an anime watcher but i've been told that there are 3 possible endings so i'd like a thread to discuss them.
The information you would like to know, can easily be given if asked in the game thread.
Old 2006-06-19, 11:51   Link #119
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarain
As mentioned by Angelsama, that question might best fit in the Game thread.

But since it has ended, a "Final Thoughts / Ending Discussion" thread might be in order?
Old 2006-06-19, 12:10   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
But since it has ended, a "Final Thoughts / Ending Discussion" thread might be in order?
That seems like a good idea, though nearly everything people have wanted to say about the ending has been done in the episode 24 discussion thread.