AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-27, 23:39   Link #41
Jaruromania

Quote:
Q. In the details of the death, can he describe false things? Say a person dies by a car crash, can he add a mark on the victims neck to indicate strangling?
Unless the victim starts strangling himself and then dies by car crash, I don't think so.

The Death Note can only do things which would actually be physically possible in the world. It can't make strangle marks spontaneously appear, nor can it manipulate others around him to strangle him, but it can pretty much 100% control the victim within his capibility.
Old 2006-11-28, 02:59   Link #42
mos2025

This might be a stupid Q but does Death Note only air in Japan? I've seen it on Winamp's ShoutCast TV but only up to ep 7
Old 2006-12-02, 10:12   Link #43
Murska

Q:
Spoiler for Chips Eating:

Q2: Could the death note kill other people than intended, like for example: "(Name) Nuclear Strike". If possible, would it be possible to write "(Name) Apocalypse, hit by huge meteor which destroys the planet" and would it destroy the planet?
Old 2006-12-02, 10:31   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murska View Post
Q:
Spoiler for Chips Eating:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Q2: Could the death note kill other people than intended, like for example: "(Name) Nuclear Strike". If possible, would it be possible to write "(Name) Apocalypse, hit by huge meteor which destroys the planet" and would it destroy the planet?
light discovered in his tests that he cannot order an irrational death.
also, the conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that human or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human. (taken from HOW TO USE IT VI)

also, for the "nuclear" thing, IIRC, you cannot specify a death that would involve anyone else. (i'm trying to find the source.)
edit : fount it : "Even though only one name is written in the Death Note, if it influences and causes other humans that are not written in it to die, the victim's cause of death will be a heart attack." (HOW TO USE XXVI)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-12-02 at 10:45.
Old 2006-12-04, 22:01   Link #45
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
a plain question
when does this anime air in Japan ? on Thursday or Friday ?
Old 2006-12-05, 21:05   Link #46
defrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler:

also, the conditions for death will not be realized unless it is physically possible for that human or it is reasonably assumed to be carried out by that human. (taken from HOW TO USE IT VI)

also, for the "nuclear" thing, IIRC, you cannot specify a death that would involve anyone else. (i'm trying to find the source.)
edit : fount it : "Even though only one name is written in the Death Note, if it influences and causes other humans that are not written in it to die, the victim's cause of death will be a heart attack." (HOW TO USE XXVI)
By influencing I suppose you mean something like "strangled to death by name" or something similar. However, how far can one go before Death Note just makes it a heart attack?

You are allowed to write "run over by a car" and it will happen, this influences other people yet you can't make a third person kill your victim. Surely there is a mid-point below which the death is accepted but above it just results in a heart attack.
Old 2006-12-05, 22:03   Link #47
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
By influencing I suppose you mean something like "strangled to death by name" or something similar. However, how far can one go before Death Note just makes it a heart attack?

You are allowed to write "run over by a car" and it will happen, this influences other people yet you can't make a third person kill your victim. Surely there is a mid-point below which the death is accepted but above it just results in a heart attack.
Basically, if the cause of death creates a situation where anybody else besides the intended victim is killed, then the intended victim will only die of a heart attack.
Old 2006-12-05, 22:30   Link #48
Nellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post

Getting hit by a car is the victim's doing because the Death Notw will influence him to suddenly jump in front of the car so that the driver has no chance to stop himself. The same as if the victim went to a shooting range and jumped in frotn of someone's target, while the person did technically shoot him, it was the victim's own doing.
Old 2006-12-06, 08:24   Link #49
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
can someone explain how it is possible for Light to time the deaths ?
i dont quite understand that point
Old 2006-12-06, 10:05   Link #50
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
can someone explain how it is possible for Light to time the deaths ?
i dont quite understand that point
From the how to use:
  • After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
Time is one of the details.

And read the first page for your other question.
Old 2006-12-25, 08:13   Link #51
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Am I right in thinking that the following schedule is correct?

13th Dec - Ep 11
20th Dec - Recap episode and interviews
27th Dec - Ep 12
3rd Jan - Not aired
10th Jan - Ep 13
Old 2006-12-25, 18:47   Link #52
Zalith
GrimmHime

What font does L use for his computer screen? (the big L on his screen)
Old 2006-12-25, 19:42   Link #53
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

Look for Cloister Black as the font, unfortunately I don't have a link to it.

edit: nevermind I found it, click here.

source website is http://www.deathgod.org/
Old 2006-12-25, 23:08   Link #54
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Am I right in thinking that the following schedule is correct?

13th Dec - Ep 11
20th Dec - Recap episode and interviews
27th Dec - Ep 12
3rd Jan - Not aired
10th Jan - Ep 13
Yup, its right xris. More or less, Death Note 12 is tonight, while next week is another break. Though I havent heard if there were any more recaps or other things. Still more break for the fansubbers!. New Year holiday I guess, but still all goood.
________
CLOUDY TRICHOMES

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:50.
Old 2006-12-25, 23:30   Link #55
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
From the how to use:
  • After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
Time is one of the details.

And read the first page for your other question.
Actually, time is considered on the same terms as the basic cause of death, and needs to be written in the first 40 seconds. My post in this topic at http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=35 has an explanation of this, under the spoiler tag "Revision".
Old 2006-12-30, 12:19   Link #56
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler:

does that mean that if the user of the death note writes a death that leads to him being cuaght and killed then the victim will just die of a heart attack?
Old 2006-12-30, 13:56   Link #57
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
does that mean that if the user of the death note writes a death that leads to him being cuaght and killed then the victim will just die of a heart attack?
probably, but this is rather hard to determine such case, since it would be a bit goofy for the death note user to be such careless.
Old 2007-01-01, 15:01   Link #58
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I have question: Is it possible to stop the death of a person once you write it on your death note book?

Spoiler for question from ep.8:
Old 2007-01-01, 15:40   Link #59
Zalith
GrimmHime

It's impossible to cancel a death.

And this is because:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for answer from ep. 8:
Old 2007-01-01, 15:45   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I have question: Is it possible to stop the death of a person once you write it on your death note book?

Spoiler for question from ep.8:
no :
" When rewriting the cause and/or details of death it must be done within 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
You cannot change the victim’s time of death,however soon it may be." (How to use XXVIII)

edit : zalith was faster, dang XD

Tags
childhood, deathnote, history, lawliet, past