AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 00:45   Link #1801
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

They're going to go after Chris Petersen, I feel it in my heart. It's going to be a hot job though, even better than most of the NFL jobs that will be available.

Watch out for that Minnesota job too, the atheletic director already started that they are going to try to get a big name in order to compete in the Big 10. And that they have the money to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
LMAO @ LSU...As much as I love my Alma mater I can't say that I'm mad they lost today because atleast that fraud Les Miles and his coaching staff can understand how pathetic they really are. . .
So I guess the rumor that Colorado will take a shot at getting Miles makes you happy? Him and the Colorado AD have history, apparently.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 01:30   Link #1802
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Obviously Les Miles, but also not Les Miles in the sense of just changing the offensive philosophy...Their offense is too expansive, they need to rail that $hit in and get back to basic football...They have too many effin substitution packages without mastering any of it individually (That's why they have so many time-manage issues).... They wanna run all this cool $hit when the players don't have a grasp of the simple $hit...Sooooo many talented players have gotten the shaft because LSU is all about replacing the star-starter guy with the star-freshmen guy endlessly...

ESTABLISH a good core of the offensive through like 2 seasons then expand it...We're a team that might run an option, run a 5 receiver route, run double TEs, run pistol formations and the players are all half-a$$ versed in all of it...They need a new offensive plan, and until they do so I'm not liking Miles or his O-staff with the exception of the RB coach Frank Wilson who is a beast in the shadows that's really good...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2010-11-28 at 01:46.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 02:19   Link #1803
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Ioono, Mark May had a good rant against that decison. He thought the Cane fans demanded too much too quickly and they weren't championship caliber yet, what's more Randy Shannon was apparently hired to right the ship not to sail to glory.
I heard the rant and while I agree with May to an extent about expectations being a bit high, I'm not sure what the poor facilities, stadium being far away from campus or attendance have to do with the lapses we've seen from the players in key games and big moments the past three seasons.

Unlike other Miami fans, I've been looking for this team to simply compete for an ACC title the past three seasons rather than look for a national title. I think the promise the team had this season prior to the VT game followed by the subsequent losses to Tech and today's loss doomed Shannon.

Hopefully, the program can hire a coach adept at talent development. Athleticism has never been a problem for Miami, even as the program has slid to mediocrity since 2003. The seeming inability to get the most out of the players has been the biggest problem in my opinion.
Old 2010-11-28, 04:15   Link #1804
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I heard the rant and while I agree with May to an extent about expectations being a bit high, I'm not sure what the poor facilities, stadium being far away from campus or attendance have to do with the lapses we've seen from the players in key games and big moments the past three seasons.

Unlike other Miami fans, I've been looking for this team to simply compete for an ACC title the past three seasons rather than look for a national title. I think the promise the team had this season prior to the VT game followed by the subsequent losses to Tech and today's loss doomed Shannon.

Hopefully, the program can hire a coach adept at talent development. Athleticism has never been a problem for Miami, even as the program has slid to mediocrity since 2003. The seeming inability to get the most out of the players has been the biggest problem in my opinion.
Is it true that attendance is "lacking"? According to Wiki, attendance seemed to range from 40K to 50K during Randy Shannon's tenure. That doesn't seem bad at all for a private U in a big city.

It is true that just because the stadium happens to be off campus shouldn't really harm attendance, provided that the team is good.

As for facilities? Honestly, can someone just give me a straight answer about what excactly constitutes championship team caliber facilities? If a team is giving a player a free ride, with good (hopefully clean) academic support, good training facilities and a successful organization, what else do you need?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 09:17   Link #1805
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Is it true that attendance is "lacking"? According to Wiki, attendance seemed to range from 40K to 50K during Randy Shannon's tenure. That doesn't seem bad at all for a private U in a big city.

It is true that just because the stadium happens to be off campus shouldn't really harm attendance, provided that the team is good.

As for facilities? Honestly, can someone just give me a straight answer about what excactly constitutes championship team caliber facilities? If a team is giving a player a free ride, with good (hopefully clean) academic support, good training facilities and a successful organization, what else do you need?
A couple of years ago Lee Corso said that Barry Switzer was the only one to keep Miami program and Donna whatsoever last name didn't listen. Plus the NCAA should make new rules and stop the witch hunting against the colleges. They should pay their players, If they meet the expectation for the schools, add money to the scholarships just the same as football programs.

Remember Boise State has put alot of money to this team when running for NC until they lost last night to Nevada. All the money and chances have blown away. Every college program have to make something big in order to appeal with Alumni and Boosters soon I'll believe they are cancer to my opinion though.

Spoiler for Mumbling!:
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 09:19   Link #1806
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Obviously Les Miles, but also not Les Miles in the sense of just changing the offensive philosophy...Their offense is too expansive, they need to rail that $hit in and get back to basic football...They have too many effin substitution packages without mastering any of it individually (That's why they have so many time-manage issues).... They wanna run all this cool $hit when the players don't have a grasp of the simple $hit...Sooooo many talented players have gotten the shaft because LSU is all about replacing the star-starter guy with the star-freshmen guy endlessly...

ESTABLISH a good core of the offensive through like 2 seasons then expand it...We're a team that might run an option, run a 5 receiver route, run double TEs, run pistol formations and the players are all half-a$$ versed in all of it...They need a new offensive plan, and until they do so I'm not liking Miles or his O-staff with the exception of the RB coach Frank Wilson who is a beast in the shadows that's really good...
I hope LSU's fans have a lot excuses for firing Les Miles you better pray on you guys going to the BCS or let those money flinging suit boys help ya.

Enjoy another Capital One Bowl in Orlando, FL
Old 2010-11-28, 12:20   Link #1807
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
A couple of years ago Lee Corso said that Barry Switzer was the only one to keep Miami program and Donna whatsoever last name didn't listen. Plus the NCAA should make new rules and stop the witch hunting against the colleges. They should pay their players, If they meet the expectation for the schools, add money to the scholarships just the same as football programs.

Remember Boise State has put alot of money to this team when running for NC until they lost last night to Nevada. All the money and chances have blown away. Every college program have to make something big in order to appeal with Alumni and Boosters soon I'll believe they are cancer to my opinion though.

Spoiler for Mumbling!:
Another senseless post.

Quote:

Attendance hasn't necessarily been "lacking" but in a stadium with a football capacity of 75000, 40-50000 makes things looks worse than they are and you lose the packed feel of a big-time college school.

I couldn't agree more about your point regarding the facilities.
Old 2010-11-28, 15:04   Link #1808
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

They need to renovate the Orange Bowl.
Old 2010-11-28, 15:15   Link #1809
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
They need to renovate the Orange Bowl.
They can't. It was demolished so the Marlins could get a new stadium.
Old 2010-11-28, 16:13   Link #1810
Highman

Quote:
Another senseless post.

Attendance hasn't necessarily been "lacking" but in a stadium with a football capacity of 75000, 40-50000 makes things looks worse than they are and you lose the packed feel of a big-time college school.

I couldn't agree more about your point regarding the facilities.
How is it senseless when it's the truth or because I'm a Noles fan and got you hard
Old 2010-11-28, 16:15   Link #1811
Samari
World's Greatest

Bills and Steelers heading to overtime.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 18:09   Link #1812
solomon

It'll be interesting to see how the BCS turns out.

Looking at the AP and Coaches, I generally agree with everything up until about 20 and lower (N. Illinois? UCF?) I think that by that time they just choose people to fill up space. Does it seem that it's really only the top 20 that make sense to people? That's what it seemed like to me for a couple of weeks.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:47   Link #1813
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
How is it senseless when it's the truth or because I'm a Noles fan and got you hard
What is the truth? What the hell are you even talking about?!

In no way did you respond to or add to what solomon said. And how did you get me "hard"? The Seminoles spanked Miami this year. Fine. Did you have anything to do with that win? Nope. Every time I've talked about Miami, you've produced some drivel about thuggery and spouted other crap. Just be quiet.

Anyway, the Ravens get the W. I can't wait for next week's game against the Steelers.
Old 2010-11-28, 20:02   Link #1814
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

So, does anyone have an opinion (positive or negative) regarding my idea to "fix" the BCS?

Oh and only 15 minutes until the BCS Countdown Show!!!
Old 2010-11-28, 20:12   Link #1815
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
So, does anyone have an opinion (positive or negative) regarding my idea to "fix" the BCS?

Oh and only 15 minutes until the BCS Countdown Show!!!
I like the BCS. It's a horribly flawed system but a play-off isn't a plausible "solution" in my opinion and the drama during and at the end of the year is always fun.
Old 2010-11-28, 21:19   Link #1816
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
I like the BCS. It's a horribly flawed system but a play-off isn't a plausible "solution" in my opinion and the drama during and at the end of the year is always fun.
I kept the BCS... all I did was trim the bowls. I didn't make a playoff, and all that I used was an possible +1 game.
Old 2010-11-28, 21:44   Link #1817
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Da Bears!

>.> Looks like Vick was eating a sacked lunch for most of the game.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 22:18   Link #1818
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Bills and Steelers heading to overtime.
Seems to be a week of WR fails. Steve Johnson caught the choke-itis.
Old 2010-11-28, 22:37   Link #1819
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Seems to be a week of WR fails. Steve Johnson caught the choke-itis.
Indeed. Michael Spurlock had a huge drop for the Bucs towards the end of the Ravens/Bucs game that could have made things very interesting.

As for Johnson, his post-game Twitter post to God is hilarious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-289770
Old 2010-11-28, 22:54   Link #1820
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Da Bears!

>.> Looks like Vick was eating a sacked lunch for most of the game.
Vick didn't exactly play as poorly as our defense did. You know there's something screwed up when Jay Cutler puts up the same kinds of numbers as TOM BRADY against THE LIONS!

Missing Asante was a real bummer. 2 TDs 1 pick isn't bad by any stretch, but then again, if our O-line was better vs. their front 4, I think the outcome would have been different.

Sucks that Hobbs is on IR though.

Seriously if the Eagles don't go all the way this year (which they probably won't), they REAAAAAAAAAAALLY need to brush up on the defense. The offense is looking solid with Shady/Vick/DJax/JMac tearing it up, but our defense is nowhere close to as good as our offense is.

Tags
american football, sports