Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-27, 09:17   Link #101
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Kenpachi lost to normal Ichigo, and Byakuya lost to Bankai Ichigo... grant i use the term "loose" very loosely as i would say both were very evenly matched fights... however, knowing how even those figths are one would wonder as to how either of those two could be as strong as Viazard Ichigo... all things considering both of them should be weaker than Ichigo by now.
I see where you're coming from, but looking at the way they handled those battles with Ichigo maybe it's jumping to conclusion to think they gave everything they have to offer in those fights. Especially Kenpachi, he really did almost everything he could to give Ichigo the win. The eyepatch and bells, of course. Also, he allowed Ichigo to adjust to the way he fought, even gave him tips on how to actually harm him. When Ichigo finally figured out how to cut, Kenpachi made almost no attempts to avoid or parry Ichigo's attacks. And when he did get "serious" he just wanted to butt heads with Ichigo's freakish reiatsu, using his own equally enormous reiatsu.

It would be weird to see a character Ichigo had already defeated (in a weaker state than he is now even) defeat an opponent he supposedly cannot beat with his current power, but this could be a chance to see what Kenpachi can do when he is serious from the start. Maybe his combat experience as a captain could actually let him win where Ichigo's raw power couldn't. It would actually be refreshing rather than the normal "youth and power pwn all" theme. Really, Bya and Ken as character are too good to be wasted as measuring sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
I think he'll probably be able to hold his own againts noi for some time before eventually being outclass, allowing ichi enough time to get his power up and pawn noi. Still, just the sight of ken chan with that bad ass smile of his is enough to excite anyone.
I think Ichigo's wounds and fatigue are too much to overcome without Orihime's help. She didn't get the chance to heal him after he fought Grimm, and he's been a punching bag for Noi and Telsa. They've broken both his arms and crushed his foot. He really shouldn't be able to move hollow or not.

Kenpachi probably can defeat Telsa pretty quickly, which might force Noi to fight. If that frees up Inoue and she can heal Ichigo, he can power-up. Still, Noi has made it priority that Orihime is always guarded. He might have other precautions to make sure she doesn't go free.

Thought:If the big espada fights here against whoever is going to rescue Rukia, then I assume he is no.7 , which would make Halibel, old guy, and Stark the top three espada (not necessarily in that order).
Old 2007-10-27, 10:12   Link #102
lucasd

If Kenpachi was weak, Tosen wouldn't make such a fuss about him....
He still has the chance to achieve bankai if he wished to do so (and now I tend to think that his vice-captain is visualisation of his sword - she came after big fight, we never see her fighting, she say that Ken chose to fight alone and she doesn't intervene. So if she really is his sword, Bankai is 5 seconds away).
But even as he is now (Ichigo doesn't want to fight with him again) he is still powerful, at least for melee characters.

As for Ishida, although their fight is dragging. But at least #8 was not killed by those fraction.
And he didn't die form Ishida killing blow, because he analysed him (he says so). Though I don't know why Ishida forget about his body manipulation technique, and just laying there.

And #8 is vastly overpowered as I said many times before.
Old 2007-10-27, 10:18   Link #103
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I see where you're coming from, but looking at the way they handled those battles with Ichigo maybe it's jumping to conclusion to think they gave everything they have to offer in those fights. Especially Kenpachi, he really did almost everything he could to give Ichigo the win. The eyepatch and bells, of course. Also, he allowed Ichigo to adjust to the way he fought, even gave him tips on how to actually harm him. When Ichigo finally figured out how to cut, Kenpachi made almost no attempts to avoid or parry Ichigo's attacks. And when he did get "serious" he just wanted to butt heads with Ichigo's freakish reiatsu, using his own equally enormous reiatsu.

It would be weird to see a character Ichigo had already defeated (in a weaker state than he is now even) defeat an opponent he supposedly cannot beat with his current power, but this could be a chance to see what Kenpachi can do when he is serious from the start. Maybe his combat experience as a captain could actually let him win where Ichigo's raw power couldn't. It would actually be refreshing rather than the normal "youth and power pwn all" theme. Really, Bya and Ken as character are too good to be wasted as measuring sticks.
qft! really, a lot of people should rewatch/reread that fight

btw, i read it somewhere else: there are speculations about zarakis sword, it looks different from before, not cracked up so it could be sealed? its very dark in the picture so i cant really tell
Old 2007-10-27, 11:06   Link #104
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Is it just me but Orihime has been nothing more lately than a fetish machine?

Throughout these past fights she's been bondaged, groped, and now has a finger up her mouth...
Old 2007-10-27, 12:01   Link #105
Placid_Thunder_Cloud

lol

I noticed that this has turned more into a Zaraki Kenpachi discussion thread.. but lol... I love reading it anyway...

regarding Kenpachi... his sword may be in Shikai form but its name is yet unknown...

in all of SS history, he's the only captain who doesn't have a bankai or know the name of his zanpakuto...

His assets are his monstrous reiatsu, his fighting ability and his tolerance to pain (though more like pain being a pleasure to him)...

Quote:
Remember Ichigo's fight with Ikkaku? what if Ikkaku used his bankai then? I'm thinking that it's a sort of foreshadowing... Kenpachi will give us some surprise... I hope...
Old 2007-10-27, 12:51   Link #106
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid_Thunder_Cloud View Post
Remember Ichigo's fight with Ikkaku? what if Ikkaku used his bankai then? I'm thinking that it's a sort of foreshadowing... Kenpachi will give us some surprise... I hope...
If Kubo really wants to emphasize how much stronger these espada are, he could just have Noi-noi crush kenpachi like a bug. After which I would promptly quit bleach.
Old 2007-10-27, 13:32   Link #107
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
btw, i read it somewhere else: there are speculations about zarakis sword, it looks different from before, not cracked up so it could be sealed? its very dark in the picture so i cant really tell
The blade of the sowrd isn't even visible so how could anyone be speculating on how it looks different now or uncracked? These people.
Old 2007-10-27, 14:42   Link #108
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
The blade of the sowrd isn't even visible so how could anyone be speculating on how it looks different now or uncracked? These people.
you can see part of the sword which is blackISH
and i must say its looks as tho it was not cracked etc
but i think people are picking up on anything
and speculating about it these days lol
Old 2007-10-27, 14:46   Link #109
lommm
l'homme de lommm

so if ken-chan rescues ichigo there, that means that someone else will be rescuing rukia (obviously byakuya) and chad (maybe yoruichi?? or hitsugaya??)

so tesla's true form is kind of cool looking though it seems like he'd be overpowered and slow...

this is just a teaser for the next chapter!!! cant wait for 298....

and i'm guessing this is leading to a double chapter for 300 that will be uber awesome!!!
Old 2007-10-27, 14:53   Link #110
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
i hope that theres a lot of developement in the next chapter and its not one where it just shows the rest of the help turning up and engaging in there respective fights :S
Old 2007-10-27, 15:24   Link #111
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davitz View Post
you can see part of the sword which is blackISH
and i must say its looks as tho it was not cracked etc
but i think people are picking up on anything
and speculating about it these days lol
The black is his sheath, he had just started to draw his sword when he blocked tesla.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-10-27, 15:46   Link #112
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

I have to say, after all that crap from the last few manga comics we had, this is the best by far! Seriously, the last few pieces were painful. I stop reading half of them.

Thank god for finally giving back KT creativiness!!

But i am interested to see who else turns up beside Zenpanki, but i do hope its not another' we are here to save the day' plotlines :vein:
Old 2007-10-27, 15:51   Link #113
UPR

I hope Inoue goes with Ichigo when there saved. Because seriously I don't wanna have to go through that again. In which They have to go and save Inoue. KT shoud defenitly let her get rescued now and go in a different direction.
Old 2007-10-27, 16:59   Link #114
Virtue
Banned

HAven't read this chapter yet, so Kenpachi is real?
Old 2007-10-27, 17:02   Link #115
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I hope Inoue goes with Ichigo when there saved. Because seriously I don't wanna have to go through that again. In which They have to go and save Inoue. KT shoud defenitly let her get rescued now and go in a different direction.
I'm ready for this arc to end, but I would actually like to see it end without Orohime getting rescued. Rukia was rescued, but in the end Aizen still got what he really wanted from her, the hogkyou.

If everybody gets saved and goes home now, this arc was pointless. At the very least, Aizen should get what he wants out of Orihime before they leave, because he is who moves the story along. But since it seems what Aizen wants requires Orihime herself, she shouldn't be rescued here.
Old 2007-10-27, 17:56   Link #116
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

OMG...this chp. rocks. I just when I was really getting bored with bleach...this happens. I love how that he broke ichigo arm with his fingers ><
Old 2007-10-27, 18:24   Link #117
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm ready for this arc to end, but I would actually like to see it end without Orohime getting rescued. Rukia was rescued, but in the end Aizen still got what he really wanted from her, the hogkyou.

If everybody gets saved and goes home now, this arc was pointless. At the very least, Aizen should get what he wants out of Orihime before they leave, because he is who moves the story along. But since it seems what Aizen wants requires Orihime herself, she shouldn't be rescued here.
I never was really clear on exactly what Aizen wants from her. Can you help me out on that?

Last edited by MAQI; 2007-10-27 at 18:40.
Old 2007-10-27, 18:57   Link #118
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
So, where was it stated that one needs 10 years training to get Bankai? Byakuya told Renji it was too early for him to fight with Bankai because he needed at least 10 years to master it, not to obtain it. But that is obviously disregarded already because Ichigo is perfectly capable of using his and he hasn't even been a Shinigami for an year.

And even if it were 10 years, Kenpachi has probably been around for decades. Total mute point.
THats what i just freaking said.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:01   Link #119
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Where does it ever say Kenpachi learned his shikai?

Vol. 14 Chapter 120, Yoruichi says that even the strongest guys need at least 10 years to get bankai after learning their shikai. It'll obviously take even more training to master a bankai.
He says it when he fights Ichigo.. ichigo" why dont u realease your sword already."

Kenpachi, its not that i wont, its because i cant...what u see before you is the true form of my sword.,,, and Yoruichi also stated that Kenpachi's sword is like ichi's, which is always released
Old 2007-10-27, 19:39   Link #120
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well with Ken-chwan showing up, it can only get better. I believe Kenpachi just got bored waiting and decided to go for a walk, and oh look where he ends up (mans sense of direction is just non-existent)

best bit is there HAS to be others and Yachiru better be one of em, about time we see her in action.