AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-03-26, 22:42   Link #621
Thor's Hammer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Instead what we get is just more characters relying on Subaru for their emotional support and two more members added to his "harem".
Beatrice was not added to his harem. What she feels for him is not romantic.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-27, 02:30   Link #622
scififan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait. I thought his book was getting updated regularly which is why he was so upset it was burned since he doesn't know what to do next. So how did he know he would have to survive 400 years? And how can he know for sure only Subaru can help him revive Echidna?

Even if he achieves his goal, why would he stop body-hopping? I'm pretty sure he'd want to stay by Echidna's side for eternity. I'm not so sure she would actually allow it though. This is a woman who tricked her "daughter" into waiting all alone for a person who doesn't exist. I doubt she gives a shit about Roswaal, or anyone else besides herself for that matter.
I don't think the "tender age of 19 years old"(as she likes to be called) tricked her daughter for waiting. She already gives Beatrice free will to do whatever she wanted to do, but she did not expect Bearice needed a push from a "special someone".

Before the ceremony, Roswaal said he wanted to be by Echidna's side(as she is revived), not to kill himself as his statement suggested. However, Roswaal is willing to accept any consequence of his failure. His manner and smile is the remainder of Echidna.

By the way, Rosawaal couldn't be the only one to do the body experiment. He might learn his hobby from his teacher. Beatrice's reaction is that she is surprised and she not surprised. It might explain why the Emilia could not recognize Echidna's physical body. It might receive the same treatment as Meyer's body.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-27, 12:01   Link #623
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wait. I thought his book was getting updated regularly which is why he was so upset it was burned since he doesn't know what to do next. So how did he know he would have to survive 400 years? And how can he know for sure only Subaru can help him revive Echidna?

Even if he achieves his goal, why would he stop body-hopping? I'm pretty sure he'd want to stay by Echidna's side for eternity. I'm not so sure she would actually allow it though. This is a woman who tricked her "daughter" into waiting all alone for a person who doesn't exist. I doubt she gives a shit about Roswaal, or anyone else besides herself for that matter.
It does update, but the gospel only gives him a general idea how to go about achieve an the path needed to take it. So he could have known about Subaru for centuries not necessarily recently.

As for the bodysnacthing, Roswaal has no interesting in immortality. He only did out of practicability, same reason why he put out a hit on Betty and his staff. There is nothing that says he thinking about continuing it forever because at this point he focused on reviving Echidna and moving on from there. As I pointed out Ram was not even in his consideration. he actually perfer she hated him because that way easier for him to live on with his guilt. But because he actually cares about her not so much as love interest but partner it make his relationship Ram more complicated now.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 11:46   Link #624
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I'm sure the story gonna find ways to separate Roswall from Subaru, having someone that knows what's going on with Subaru is too convenient to keep close to him.
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-30, 17:55   Link #625
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm sure the story gonna find ways to separate Roswall from Subaru, having someone that knows what's going on with Subaru is too convenient to keep close to him.
He can't harm Subaru anymore but that doesn't mean he has to help him. He will only do so if that benefits him.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-31, 09:38   Link #626
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He can't harm Subaru anymore but that doesn't mean he has to help him. He will only do so if that benefits him.
Rather if you remember his last conversation with Subaru, his goals hasn't changed. But he can no longer use Subaru and Emilia like he did and they have to actual partners. In the end their both necessary to each but its just a change in methods and shift on who holds the power in the relationship.

It suck that CR mistranslated his line about burning everything all down if Subaru should falter and fail.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.