AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-11, 23:03   Link #121
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What if we're misjudging the entire series based on our ideas that having a "detective" immediately means that it's a detective mystery?
I mean the series is literally titled "The Detective is Already Dead". That would somehow tell me this isn't really meant to be a detective story.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-11, 23:25   Link #122
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I mean the series is literally titled "The Detective is Already Dead". That would somehow tell me this isn't really meant to be a detective story.
I wonder to myself if Kimihiko is going to keep mentioning that to emphasize that he's not a detective .
Old 2021-07-12, 00:19   Link #123
Thor's Hammer

Yeah, not impressed by Episode 2 either. I didn't like the interactions between Siesta and Kimihiko in the first episode, and now Episode 2 looks like it is starting a harem of people for Kimihiko with girls who have Siesta's body parts. I could not buy into the all the crying and shit even though I know that Siesta's heart has been causing Nagisa to yearn for Kimihiko this whole time. The writing completely and utterly fails to deliver, and it was a wonder that Nagisa even bought into Kimihiko's explanation that he was staring at her collarbones instead of her breasts.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 00:39   Link #124
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Did Nagisa actually say "I have no idea where they live" when talking about a heart transplant?" I mean, a high schooler should know that vital organ transplants only happen when the donor has passed.
Might just be referring to not knowing any details about their donor. It's not something I've thought about either - do organ receivers get any information about their donor? I'm guessing the donor makes the choice of whether their information is released, but I'm no expert in Japan medical privacy laws.
Old 2021-07-12, 00:48   Link #125
magnuskn

Well, I'm of course unhappy that Siesta is already dead and obviously really so (so no "I'm alive and it was my plan all along!" reveal later on). But so far I like the direction of the show. Guess I didn't go in with too many preconceptions and so can make a judgement of what I am actually seeing, instead of what I presume has to happen.
Old 2021-07-12, 02:06   Link #126
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So what's the game now, organ jigsaw puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Did Nagisa actually say "I have no idea where they live" when talking about a heart transplant?" I mean, a high schooler should know that vital organ transplants only happen when the donor has passed.
Too lazy to rewatch, but wasn't it about "X"?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 04:25   Link #127
moridin84
Custom User Title

I rather liked this episode as well as the previous one, surprised that people are so negative about it.

I really hope we don't end up with each of the girls having Siesta's organs. One time is touching, two is weird, three times is just creepy.

This probably isn't going to be a detective show considering how little detective work and how much action there has been.

Plus, the MC doesn't seem like much of a detective.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 06:26   Link #128
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What if we're misjudging the entire series based on our ideas that having a "detective" immediately means that it's a detective mystery?
It's not even a detective mystery on the premise that there is an evil organization without a clear mastermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Might just be referring to not knowing any details about their donor. It's not something I've thought about either - do organ receivers get any information about their donor? I'm guessing the donor makes the choice of whether their information is released, but I'm no expert in Japan medical privacy laws.
No they wouldn't. Rest see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So what's the game now, organ jigsaw puzzle?

Too lazy to rewatch, but wasn't it about "X"?
TbH I wrote that post as I watched the episode, so yeah, at some point is sounded as if she was talking about the donor.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-07-12 at 07:59.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 07:18   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I'm of course unhappy that Siesta is already dead and obviously really so (so no "I'm alive and it was my plan all along!" reveal later on). But so far I like the direction of the show. Guess I didn't go in with too many preconceptions and so can make a judgement of what I am actually seeing, instead of what I presume has to happen.
The show has cyborgs in it, so I wouldn't completely write Siesta turning out to be alive off...
Old 2021-07-12, 08:12   Link #130
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The show has cyborgs in it, so I wouldn't completely write Siesta turning out to be alive off...
More likely a clone with a copy of her brain-waves though. The cyborgs here seem suspiciously alien-biomechanical. Siesta isn't entirely human either.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-12, 08:28   Link #131
magnuskn

Quote:
Touché, good point. Hopefully not evil bio-tentacles Siesta.
Old 2021-07-12, 09:16   Link #132
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Yeah, not impressed by Episode 2 either. I didn't like the interactions between Siesta and Kimihiko in the first episode, and now Episode 2 looks like it is starting a harem of people for Kimihiko with girls who have Siesta's body parts. I could not buy into the all the crying and shit even though I know that Siesta's heart has been causing Nagisa to yearn for Kimihiko this whole time. The writing completely and utterly fails to deliver, and it was a wonder that Nagisa even bought into Kimihiko's explanation that he was staring at her collarbones instead of her breasts.
I don't think she bought it. She just found the idea of him looking at her collarbone even creepier than if he was staring at her breasts .
Old 2021-07-12, 09:45   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think she bought it. She just found the idea of him looking at her collarbone even creepier than if he was staring at her breasts .
I remember some guy using the same excuse in another manga (Today in class 5-2). IIRC, he passed for a boy of refined tastes among his peers. (Then again, everyone involved was in fifth grade...)

Quote:
Even without cyborgs, they could have transplanted another heart into Siesta. For reasons.
Old 2021-07-12, 21:07   Link #134
Chosen_Hero

Literally the second she put his head on her chest I figured out that not only she had Siesta's heart, but that the entire eventual harem that will form around him will be forned of girls that have had similar transplants from Siesta.

Watch the new girl have Siesta's eye or something, I feel like I have seen this same exact plot years ago so I am still not impressed.
Old 2021-07-12, 21:43   Link #135
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Literally the second she put his head on her chest I figured out that not only she had Siesta's heart, but that the entire eventual harem that will form around him will be forned of girls that have had similar transplants from Siesta.

Watch the new girl have Siesta's eye or something, I feel like I have seen this same exact plot years ago so I am still not impressed.
I mean, it would explain the eyepatch .

To be honest, I haven't seen a Harem made up of a love interests organs but I guess I might be missing one .
Old 2021-07-13, 00:18   Link #136
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

It is the major twist of a series I'd rather not name since the reveal wasn't anywhere close to the beginning.
Old 2021-07-13, 07:11   Link #137
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It is the major twist of a series I'd rather not name since the reveal wasn't anywhere close to the beginning.
If it's the one I'm thinking about, the anime never went this far either.
Old 2021-07-13, 11:29   Link #138
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I figured it out as soon as he said their banter was familiar, and it explained why she was so weirdly forward with him when they first met. That was Siesta acting on her feelings for Kimizuka.

I think this show is less of a mystery show and more of a relationship drama with some action scenes.
This is probably what the show really is. Maybe it isn't a Gosick mystery, Monogatari thematic mystery, or even Bunny-senpai-lite, but it's just about a dude with major depression getting over his dead love while said person's body parts hijack people to find and help him do so. With other supernatural elements like an organic cyborg mafia.

I don't know, but I guess I'mma recalibrate my expectations of the show with that in mind. At least, until next week throws yet another curveball / tonal shift hahaha
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 02:06   Link #139
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Kenshiro's famous quote: Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru (お前はもう死んでいる)
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-14, 02:49   Link #140
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Siesta fought Kenshiro in a hospital, and they were fast enough to salvage her non-exploded organs?

Tags
harem