AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-08-09, 12:01   Link #3681
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh this new chapter is actually good

to simplify the situation, Miko is Osaragi's best friend and Ishigami is Osaragi's "oshi"
Shirogane also caught up fast

I guess the showdown between Miko and Osaragi will turn interesting from now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-09, 13:47   Link #3682
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Spoiler for holy crap this's long:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-10, 15:51   Link #3683
magnuskn

Walls of text crit for one million damage...
Old 2021-08-10, 18:16   Link #3684
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Iím annoyingly verbose by default, and getting frustrated makes it worse. This debate irritated me. Sorry about that.
Old 2021-08-13, 17:00   Link #3685
magnuskn

Wasn't exactly directed at you, but at the last page of super long detailed walls of text. ^^
Old 2021-08-16, 12:54   Link #3686
WingedAccelerator

The arc possibly ended with the upcoming chapter.

Spoiler for Chapter 234:
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 13:15   Link #3687
Tenzen12

That sounds pretty good to me.

Spoiler for for chapter:
Old 2021-08-16, 14:03   Link #3688
WingedAccelerator

Firstly, I'm glad if it's over. That means other characters can shine while this cast is on a cooldown period. Time to think of something non-romance related for them, since they are almost entirely just about it for a long time now, especially Iino.

Excluding Ishigami makes sense, don't get me wrong. But at the same time also feels like he just reacts to things he is not even aware of fully, get forced into reacting, or he is just a trophy to be taken without voicing his own thoughts. Certainly would have been interesting seeing him react that a friendship is indirectly ruined by him being still single.

I also agree that it's believable that they don't go back to being friends instantly.

But, did this arc need 9 parts to get to this resolution? My answer: Hell no!
Old 2021-08-16, 14:19   Link #3689
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, I definitely agree both that it wouldn't be right to have it end with romantic development and that it wouldn't be right to end with "best friends" once more. A grudge held that long won't heal that easily, and it's hard to be total BFFs with someone you know hates the idea of you dating your crush, especially if you've heard them coming up with point after point as to why you'd be a bad lover for anyone. I still don't think she meant it as much as she said (up until she became a member of the SC she was all about how brave and determined Miko is, how she's actually easily hurt but still doesn't let it stop her; she only became distant and hateful when she ended up in a group with Ishigami). But the fact that she was able to say it is going to be hard to get over. Certainly makes much more sense for them to end as civil and able to talk, with some possibility that they may work out their differences and become friends once more, even if the innocent closeness they once had may be lost. It also fits with the original tale: the begging bowl was fake, plain and simple. It may have been pretty, but it didn't have the pure aura of the Buddha's begging bowl.

Similarly, having it end with Ishigami dating Miko would feel wrong. For one thing, as I'd said, it'd be rushed. I'd like things to go slowly, with Ishigami, having finally opened up to the idea of Miko as something more than just a fellow council member, gradually thinking things over and developing into romance rather than just "Oh I love her". And for another, this portion was never about him. He was an instigating factor, and developed just enough to trigger things, but the challenge of the Buddha's bowl was always about the relationship between Miko and Kobachi.
Old 2021-08-16, 18:30   Link #3690
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 234:
Old 2021-08-16, 20:31   Link #3691
Wandering Soul

At least the drama with Osagiri is over.
Old 2021-08-16, 22:06   Link #3692
Sixth
Hu Tao

I used to root for Ishigami X Miko before all these dramas, but now? I am happy that Ishigami and Miko not ending together. Because if they ended up as a couple, it felt forced to me because Ishigami never sees Miko as a love interest on his own but a line of events keeps pushing him to accept Miko as a love interest. So far, we never got a panel about Ishigami to worry or wondering about Miko on-screen. I mean, what happened if Onodera doesn't bring Ishigami to stalk Miko and her sugar daddy or let him knows about Miko's activity? Will Ishigami realizes he has feelings for Miko? Doubtful.

I rather reading 10 chapters of Fujiwara eating ramen than reading another Ishigami X Miko X Osaragi arc. It was so bad. It seems Kaguya manga lost its magic the moment the author chose to write unfunny drama arc for Ishigami and Miko.

Last edited by Sixth; 2021-08-17 at 04:58.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 22:18   Link #3693
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I used to root for Ishigami X Miko before all these dramas, but now? I am happy that Ishigami and Miko not ending together. Because if they ended up as a couple, it felt forced to me because Ishigami never sees Miko as a love interest on his own but a line of events keeps pushing him to accept Miko as a love interest. I mean, what happened if Onodera doesn't bring Ishigami to stalk Miko and her sugar daddy? Will Ishigami realizes he has feelings for Miko? Doubtful.

I rather reading 10 chapters of Fujiwara eating ramen than reading another Ishigami X Miko X Osaragi arc. It was so bad. It seems Kaguya manga lost its magic the moment the author chose to write unfunny drama arc for Ishigami and Miko.
To be fair, she didnít exactly have to twist his arm to get him to go, and a lot of his hesitation had nothing to do with disinterest, but simple fear of intruding where he wasnít wanted. Anyway thereís more paths to romance than realizing heís been in love with her. I am glad this parts ending though. While Iím still holding on to the ship, this isnít the way I want it to sail.
Old 2021-08-16, 22:27   Link #3694
SirCopert

I'm not sure what happened, did Miko give up on Ishigami?
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-17, 02:08   Link #3695
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCopert View Post
I'm not sure what happened, did Miko give up on Ishigami?
No, she didn't.
She tried baiting Osaragi with offering a "giving up" solution, but Osaragi saw through her lie immediately. Osaragi thinks it's not impossible that Iino eventually gives up, but Iino says inconclusive love would just never end, basically what Osaragi is in right now. Osaragi wishes for Ishigami's happiness, but herself still has no interest in dating him and won't interrupt Iino either. She thinks a selfish girl like Iino won't make him happy, but while saying this, she doesn't think it's true anymore. She gives her blessing to her/them. Iino doesn't think Ishigami will like her though, but Osaragi reassures her that if it's the same Iino she knows, then Ishigami will see her good sides. They didn't immediately get back to being chummy with each other though. The end.

So basically, Osaragi still does nothing, but told her pent up frustrations to Iino and they managed to talk. Their friendship was sewered. While Iino got a reality check from Kaguya, and another rival willingly stepped out from the Ishigamibowl, at least according to Osaragi.
Old 2021-08-18, 07:49   Link #3696
Zolton

The new chapter is quite dialogue-heavy. Seems like Aka decided to cram the rest of the conflict into one chapter and move on. What an utterly unpleasant arc this has been. Aka can write good drama when he wants (like Ishigami backstory), but it's like he wasn't even trying this time. He foreshadowed Osaragi's crush on Ishigami several years ago, and this is all it has amounted to.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 05:04   Link #3697
Konja9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
No, she didn't.
She tried baiting Osaragi with offering a "giving up" solution, but Osaragi saw through her lie immediately.
In fact, Iino doesn't exactly lie about that.

Iino really wanted/expected that Osaragi wouldn't take her offer, but Osaragi mentioned Iino was really serious about "giving up" on Ishigami.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 05:41   Link #3698
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
In fact, Iino doesn't exactly lie about that.

Iino really wanted/expected that Osaragi wouldn't take her offer, but Osaragi mentioned Iino was really serious about "giving up" on Ishigami.
The answer is still correct though, since she didn't give up once and for all, and also elaborated that giving up just like that wouldn't have been okay with her. That would just bring the usual clichť of the male initiating a romantic relationship instead, so the female's determination of conceding while still suffering from regret instantly gets healed.
Old 2021-08-19, 05:44   Link #3699
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I used to think I wanted Ishigami to be happy with anyone other than Iino... Now, I want him to be happy with anyone other than Iino or Osaragi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 06:15   Link #3700
WingedAccelerator

Oh, just noticed the editor's note...
So in the end, this chapter really did make them reconcile and Iino quickly fulfilled Kaguya's request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I used to think I wanted Ishigami to be happy with anyone other than Iino... Now, I want him to be happy with anyone other than Iino or Osaragi.
That's the spirit, fellow comrade.

Tags
coming of age, desconstruction, love triangle, romcom, school life