AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-08-08, 20:18   Link #221
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The shows target group can read them though.
This reminds me of a surprise reveal in My Next Life as a Villainess...
Old 2021-08-15, 09:03   Link #222
Frontier

Admittedly Alicia dressed like a detective and acting all earnest about it is pretty adorable...and Siesta owns that coat and hat, so presumably she's dressed like a classic Sherlock Holmes detective too in her time, which sounds equally adorable .

Alicia keeps saying she's 17 but she's definitely got the enthusiasm, spontaneity, and wonder of a child. I guess that keeps things fun in its own way .

So what is Alicia's deal? She says she feels like she should be 17, even though she looks and acts anything but, while she's been kept somewhere for a while. Could she be some kind of artificial child ?

Alicia calling Kimizuka and Siesta's relationship like it is...they come off like lovebirds so in-sync who really seem to enjoy teasing and flirting with each other .

Yeah, I really doubt Siesta was actually drinking "juice" out of that wine glass, especially when she ends up as a happy drunk talking nonsense in nothing but a robe while bouncing her ample boobs. She even manages to get Kimizuka tipsy too. I wonder if Siesta's old enough to drink ?

Siesta's inhibitions are lowered enough for her to ask Kimizuka to bed, and they have a pretty nice, intimate, moment in bed as they talk about how precious their time together has been. I wonder if anything happened before the fade to black or if they just fell asleep ?

Well, fresh and sober Siesta wants to forget anything happened so she's willing to wipe Kimizuka's memories using a syringe utilizing drug they discovered in episode 1...good thing there was a knock at the door .

So the "Eye of the Sapphire" was Kimizuka's eye that was losing vision after getting wounded by Hel. At least in Alicia's mind, because Siesta apparently hadn't planned on that at all. But hey, Alicia ends up being a detective in her own right and Kimizuka gets an eyepatch .

Siesta looks at a poster of Yui and says "it's not time yet." So how does this all connect together ?

If you found it weird that Fuubi was back in the UK after just going to Japan, you'd be right as it turns out that wasn't Fuubi at all but probably another SPES agent. Looks like they're back on the case .
Old 2021-08-15, 17:37   Link #223
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Admittedly Alicia dressed like a detective and acting all earnest about it is pretty adorable...and Siesta owns that coat and hat, so presumably she's dressed like a classic Sherlock Holmes detective too in her time, which sounds equally adorable .

Alicia keeps saying she's 17 but she's definitely got the enthusiasm, spontaneity, and wonder of a child. I guess that keeps things fun in its own way .

So what is Alicia's deal? She says she feels like she should be 17, even though she looks and acts anything but, while she's been kept somewhere for a while. Could she be some kind of artificial child ?

Alicia calling Kimizuka and Siesta's relationship like it is...they come off like lovebirds so in-sync who really seem to enjoy teasing and flirting with each other .

Yeah, I really doubt Siesta was actually drinking "juice" out of that wine glass, especially when she ends up as a happy drunk talking nonsense in nothing but a robe while bouncing her ample boobs. She even manages to get Kimizuka tipsy too. I wonder if Siesta's old enough to drink ?

Siesta's inhibitions are lowered enough for her to ask Kimizuka to bed, and they have a pretty nice, intimate, moment in bed as they talk about how precious their time together has been. I wonder if anything happened before the fade to black or if they just fell asleep ?

Well, fresh and sober Siesta wants to forget anything happened so she's willing to wipe Kimizuka's memories using a syringe utilizing drug they discovered in episode 1...good thing there was a knock at the door .

So the "Eye of the Sapphire" was Kimizuka's eye that was losing vision after getting wounded by Hel. At least in Alicia's mind, because Siesta apparently hadn't planned on that at all. But hey, Alicia ends up being a detective in her own right and Kimizuka gets an eyepatch .

Siesta looks at a poster of Yui and says "it's not time yet." So how does this all connect together ?

If you found it weird that Fuubi was back in the UK after just going to Japan, you'd be right as it turns out that wasn't Fuubi at all but probably another SPES agent. Looks like they're back on the case .
Siesta is an adult, so at least 3 years older than him.

You know what the other funny thing is... Siesta specifically said "the two of us", when referring to the situation. Note, " the two" not "three", so she either already solved the case, or Yui doesn't exist to begin with.

That being said, since Kimi's headache is out of the equation for that, it's probably that little miss "I'm 17' is actually Jack the Ripper.

So midget Jack the Ripper and "It's not time yet" ... Fate says hello.
Siesta also does a reverse Columbo here, trying to not interact with Alice as much as possible.

That being said... I'm more convinced Siesta is the end boss now. We actually get a hint towards that in the form of a giant memory-erasing syringe.

That being said, I also thought that Kimi might just hallucinating Alice up to the point where she actually rang the bell.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-15, 17:55   Link #224
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found this episode to be quite a bore, until Siesta's bouncing boobs raised my attention. No, really, that's when the episode started getting interesting.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Alicia. I don't think she's faking her amnesia. She's obviously the antagonist for this arc though.
Old 2021-08-15, 20:08   Link #225
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I’m not sure whether she’s the villain or a future ally (or both), but I suspect the “just the two of us” line was probably just because she expected Alicia to leave once they help her, meaning they’re living as a pair with brief intrusions. At the least im not going to read that much into it just yet.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-15, 20:19   Link #226
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found this episode to be quite a bore, until Siesta's bouncing boobs raised my attention. No, really, that's when the episode started getting interesting.
Siesta's boobs have literally been the only thing interesting the past 6 episodes or so

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-15, 23:50   Link #227
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I still find it odd how we just went right into this flashback arc without much of a transition. It's just what is happening now .

At least there are decent little details. Kimi's realization of the lies in the previous arc makes sense since he has first hand knowledge of working with obstructed vision in one eye. Not a big deal, but it was a fine little nod.

The whole stupid couple stuff is fine. Not going to complain about more Siesta since I tend to like her more than most of the cast anyways. I'm just curious how far this is going to go.

Can't say I ever thought Alice was going to be a hallucination. Even if Siesta is a great detective she'd be rolling with those punches a bit too well for working around a hallucination. The girl is weird no doubt. Whether she's Jack the Ripper or a character that will return when the story gets back to the present I don't know. But I'm guessing we'll find out next time.
Old 2021-08-16, 08:02   Link #228
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I honestly want to get back to the present-time arc. This's cutting a lot of time out for exposition of where we had been rather than telling us where things will actually go. Just how many episodes are there in this? I want to get back to the present.
Old 2021-08-16, 09:33   Link #229
Frontier

At this point we're spending so much time on a flashback arc with Siesta that I'm going to feel whiplash when we get back to the present-day...and they'll still need to properly re-introduce Char and presumably develop Nagisa and Yui in what little episodes they have left .
Old 2021-08-16, 09:51   Link #230
magnuskn

Yeah, it's too bad that they made the storytelling this confused. Should have stayed with Siesta and Kimi from the start, instead of trying to be this special with their story.
Old 2021-08-16, 09:59   Link #231
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yeah, it's too bad that they made the storytelling this confused. Should have stayed with Siesta and Kimi from the start, instead of trying to be this special with their story.
Supposedly they're not adapting the story structure of the actual novels well, which might explain the issues...
Old 2021-08-16, 11:21   Link #232
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

Aehm as for the eye of the sapphire... No, it's probably Yui's eye, not Kimi's. Remember her final song "Sapphire Phantasm". We also know the song already existed, because Siesta said her holmes line right in front of a poster promoting Yui and the song.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2021-08-16, 18:44   Link #233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show is apparently doing extremely well, so there'll probably be another season. They may have even planned one from the start.
Old 2021-08-16, 19:56   Link #234
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Supposedly they're not adapting the story structure of the actual novels well, which might explain the issues...
Apparently, someone wanted to really push Siesta as the masco... Uhh, popular (lol) character of the show (lol), so everything was rearranged around that.
As a result, literally nothing is complimented about this show except Siesta, so... Success...? For that someone.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 23:23   Link #235
Frontier

Quote:
The show is apparently doing extremely well, so there'll probably be another season. They may have even planned one from the start.
I don't know if that makes the current pacing make sense or not .
Old 2021-08-22, 09:47   Link #236
Frontier

Siesta and Kimizuka are set to solve the new string of murders and Alicia wants to join in as a fellow detective...although unsurprisingly Siesta thinks a murder investigation is no place for a kid substitute detective like her .

Siesta only cares about solving the case, she's not one for mincing words or trying to placate others' feelings compared to someone more empathetic, because her singular focus is on anything that can catch the culprit...although luckily Alicia was there to comfort the mother voiced by Aya Hisakawa mourning her daughter .

Kimizuka giving Alicia the ring she wanted was a pretty cute scene, he even gets on one knee to put it on her...but then Siesta, who came back to apologize to Kimizuka for how she acted to him, ends up seeing it and killing the mood. Alicia is really not helping his relationship with Siesta .

Kimizuka is really not helping the case that he's not a lolicon when he jokes about seeing Alicia's flashy underwear when he put a tracer on her .

So the truth is that Alicia is Hel, or more accurately a backup personality Hel has been using to hide herself and I assume build herself back up after the damage she took in her last fight with Siesta. Alicia doesn't have any memories beyond the inkling of things I assume she feels from Hel, and the reason she thinks she's 17 is because Hel is. And the reason she was able to comfort that mother over her daughter's death is because she already had harvested that daughter's heart into her body. Yikes .

She's aware enough of what she is, but she still seems to be a distinct personality with her own desires and wants, and doesn't want to be a killer or someone who tries to kill Kimizuka. Honestly I'm really wondering what the deal is between Hel and Alicia and what Alicia really is .

Somehow Siesta pulling a gun on Alicia isn't that surprising although then Kimizuka suddenly brings out his own piece on Siesta to protect Alicia...so I guess they both have guns .

We then meet Chameleon, voiced by Takehito Koyasu because all of SPES has an a-list VA budget apparently, who spirits Alicia away to SPES' secret base and challenges the detectives to come and take her back, and it looks like we have the setup for the bout with SPES that likely led to Siesta's death .
Old 2021-08-22, 11:15   Link #237
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Alicia = Hel = Nagisa? I'm not sure they'd reuse the "heroine is actually the villain's other personality" twist twice though. Kimizuka becoming Alicia's assistant is enough to fulfill the prophecy stating he would become Hel's assistant.
Old 2021-08-22, 12:34   Link #238
Frontier

Quote:
So Alicia = Hel = Nagisa? I'm not sure they'd reuse the "heroine is actually the villain's other personality" twist twice though. Kimizuka becoming Alicia's assistant is enough to fulfill the prophecy stating he would become Hel's assistant.
I keep forgetting Nagisa even exists at this point .
Old 2021-08-22, 21:48   Link #239
AC-Phoenix
Detective

OMG.
I just realized... If Siesta is still alive, and Nagisa is Hel like we all suspect, then Hel can has been made completely useless when fighting Siesta

Why? Well hearts contain blood... and well you know what it is with Siesta's blood.

Old 2021-08-22, 22:59   Link #240
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I know I already turned out wrong with my skepticism about Alicia being a villain, but Nagisa also being Hel seems like a huge stretch. For one thing, Hel isn't really doing anything with the hearts themselves. She's just taking them so she can extract those stones, and then the heart's useless.

Anyway, I've seen this trope several times before. Don't know the trope's name, but it's been around. For instance, Cz from Scrapped Princess (sorry to spoil for anyone who has yet to see that gem). It does make me wonder whether Hel will end up an ally. The stories I've seen with this, after all, tend to have the reawakened villain ultimately demonstrate some lingering remnants of the good person they were, leading to them either making a heel-face turn or getting themselves killed to avoid causing any more pain. Sort of a twisted "I know you're in there" situation. And yeah, if Nagisa is indeed Hel then this would be all the more certain. Redemption already seems fairly likely, so heck maybe so. I'm not putting any bets on it though.

Tags
harem