AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-04, 00:10   Link #2061
Tabris

Okay, so I haven't read Gantz for like almost 18 months or something, about midway through phase two. I've caught up with the current phase and I don't even know where to begin. I'm enjoying it, but at the same time, I don't have a clue what's going on other than humanity getting the shaft and Tae potentialy on the receiving end of grashopper cock.

Kinda glad I haven't had to wait through all the chapters of nothing, but I just want to find out more right now about the origin, and objective of these aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I already raised this point several pages back. Didn't really get a good answer for why not though
I don't really think there is a good reason for it other than it wouldn't be good story-telling if they could revive an entire army at will with the best weapons.

It'd kinda take away from the survival of the human race thing that they've got going on at the moment.
Old 2010-07-05, 01:43   Link #2062
jonli
JONLIの憂'

They probably need material to revive people. Such as raw components or elements or w/e that they use to rearrange during the transfer to create things. There's probably a limited reserve, or unlimited but needs to be replenished.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:50   Link #2063
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
Spoiler for Manga:

Lolz! Only in Gantz would that be an answer that would be acceptable, in other manga's it would have been cuz she reminded him of his daughter, or wife or something not all fucked in the head. That's why I love this manga, cuz it's fucked in the head just like me... lol again.
Welcome to Gantz,a manga which involved with people who was dead forced to kill aliens,and it has a bizzard moment such as a lolicon saved a loli from being "processed" because he is lolicon...

LOL
Old 2010-07-05, 18:47   Link #2064
gameboy234

LOL with the lolicon. By the way, i dun get the part where kurono do with the h-gun, what he fired at?
Old 2010-07-05, 18:49   Link #2065
Cream

Is thinking about getting back into gantz , but I'm kinda stacked with life. Summer school, friends, work and more anime/manga. But maybe I can some-what fit it in.
Should I start from the beginning? Since I clearly can't remember the names of the main characters. But what i remember last, was when one of the 2 main characters got a 100 points and brought either the other main character or a girl back to life. But yea...I think Im going to restart since I feel like I dont know what the hell I'm talking about.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:23   Link #2066
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Is thinking about getting back into gantz , but I'm kinda stacked with life. Summer school, friends, work and more anime/manga. But maybe I can some-what fit it in.
Should I start from the beginning? Since I clearly can't remember the names of the main characters. But what i remember last, was when one of the 2 main characters got a 100 points and brought either the other main character or a girl back to life. But yea...I think Im going to restart since I feel like I dont know what the hell I'm talking about.
if you cant remember the main characters name then i say reread again.
Old 2010-07-05, 23:55   Link #2067
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
They probably need material to revive people. Such as raw components or elements or w/e that they use to rearrange during the transfer to create things. There's probably a limited reserve, or unlimited but needs to be replenished.
Well, it can't be that hard to revive someone considering the Gantz machine allowed for the revival of Tae and a 2nd Kurono

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2010-07-06, 09:32   Link #2068
Tabris

It'll just be for the sake of story and something you have to accept.

On the off-chance, anything beyond transportation requires the bald-naked guy inside of the Gantz balls to function properly. And seeing as Tokyo's bald guy left, maybe the others did as well? God knows, I'm just making shit up ere.
Old 2010-07-06, 18:17   Link #2069
gameboy234

My view is that those guys who are in command are just veteran gantzer. They are likely not the one who create the gantz system. They have to abide by the system protocol.
Old 2010-07-12, 20:47   Link #2070
Tabris

Seems right to me.

I don't think the actual guys who have total control over the Gantz balls have involved themselves yet.
Old 2010-07-12, 22:02   Link #2071
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
On this very page, I'm seeing the mention of balls, cocks, and H-gun. If only the manga is that exciting.
Old 2010-07-12, 23:52   Link #2072
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Seems right to me.

I don't think the actual guys who have total control over the Gantz balls have involved themselves yet.
If someone had total control over them the people that were controlling it before they sent everyone to the area with the aliens wouldn't have been able to control it. Can't someone just have made it and programmed it to do what it does automatically?
Old 2010-07-13, 08:19   Link #2073
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
If someone had total control over them the people that were controlling it before they sent everyone to the area with the aliens wouldn't have been able to control it.
Not really

If you think about it, you saw the man leave the Tokyo Gantz ball, leaving it unoccupied. It's possible that that it happened to other Gantz balls around the world and the guys who now have control over them just hijacked the Gantz balls. Each of the Gantz balls they had in their possession was being controlled by a laptop, so it's obvious they aren't interfacing with it the same way as in the past.

Obviously this is a guess, and a complete stab in the dark, but I don't think the people who manufacture the Gantz balls have shown their hand yet. I don't really expect them to either to be honest.

Edit:

Saw some raw scans, 322 looks pretty good.

Edit 2:

Full raw scans of 322 are out.

Spoiler for summary:

Last edited by Tabris; 2010-07-18 at 22:29.
Old 2010-07-20, 11:01   Link #2074
gameboy234

Spoiler for 322:
Old 2010-07-20, 11:11   Link #2075
chaos_alfa

Here is the trailer of the live action movie of Gantz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTfp...layer_embedded
Old 2010-07-20, 11:50   Link #2076
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Here is the trailer of the live action movie of Gantz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTfp...layer_embedded
Interesting, i think i read something about them making a Live Action on MH a while back. Or that may have been something else.
Old 2010-08-06, 21:22   Link #2077
Zotis
Rank #35

I loved the Anime but the Manga was superbly better. My favorite character, Yamasaki, isn't in the Anime.

Old 2010-08-07, 01:32   Link #2078
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Not really

If you think about it, you saw the man leave the Tokyo Gantz ball, leaving it unoccupied. It's possible that that it happened to other Gantz balls around the world and the guys who now have control over them just hijacked the Gantz balls. Each of the Gantz balls they had in their possession was being controlled by a laptop, so it's obvious they aren't interfacing with it the same way as in the past.

Obviously this is a guess, and a complete stab in the dark, but I don't think the people who manufacture the Gantz balls have shown their hand yet. I don't really expect them to either to be honest.

Edit:

Saw some raw scans, 322 looks pretty good.

Edit 2:

Full raw scans of 322 are out.

Spoiler for summary:
Maybe he is some kind of...Prince?

And the alien basically see the human in Gantz as nothing more than chicken...that could fight back with serious technology
Old 2010-08-07, 07:06   Link #2079
gameboy234

Spoiler for 323:
Old 2010-08-08, 04:37   Link #2080
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Spoiler for 323:
I just read the chapter, and surprisingly that was exactly how I predicted it would go.
Closed Thread