AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-05-11, 06:22   Link #2881
Sixth
Hu Tao

Eng chapter 137 has been released...and pretty uneventful chapter for me. Next chapter should be good.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 06:23   Link #2882
Ultragunner

I'm just happy that Tsuyu is more involved in the story now
Old 2017-05-11, 06:33   Link #2883
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Eng chapter 137 has been released...and pretty uneventful chapter for me. Next chapter should be good.
yeah...it was rather boring...

i wonder however who the person was overhaul talked to at the end of the chapter
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 09:25   Link #2884
Random14

I know they're bound by security and classified info and such, but you'd think All Might would be an exception... well, if it wasn't Nighteye leading the operation All Might would be a good sounding board, but guess things are still too awkward.

Boring chapter (and Deku angst doesn't help) but everyone is now really fired up, so much so I'm afraid of how badly things will go. They've got quite a few heroes together, and while Aizawa wants to keep the kids back, I expect things will escalate too fast to pull them out. Now to see how their raid goes.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 09:26   Link #2885
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
You wrong this chapter is eventful i got some my best girl screenshot here

Spoiler for muh sleepy haidou:

Spoiler for muh waifu Haidou:

Spoiler for Muh serious Haidou:

Spoiler for Muh Hero Haidou:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 10:39   Link #2886
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
You wrong this chapter is eventful i got some my best girl screenshot here

Spoiler for muh sleepy haidou:

Spoiler for muh waifu Haidou:

Spoiler for Muh serious Haidou:

Spoiler for Muh Hero Haidou:
Even she cannot save this chapter for being underwhelming.
Old 2017-05-11, 10:49   Link #2887
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Even she cannot save this chapter for being underwhelming.
I don't care, Haidou is love, Haidou is life

on serious post:
I don't think this chapter underwhelmed/ uneventful. There are several important pieces we got here:
1. Nighteye using his power to extract info villain, it left a question how Nighteye able to figure out that man identity, tbh Nighteye explanation is not whole especially the part him to discovered that man identity but i guess the author didn't want to bother in that part, Kohei let us readers think ourselves why.
2. Secret mission, except the 4 intern nobody know in the class regarding this situation not even Bakugou, Ishida, and Tadoroki. It is odd now to see those three left out now from main plot but this is interesting exchange as we able to see Kirishima, Tsuyu and Ochako actual development from now.
3. Who is the person Overhaul waiting? i doubt he know the heroes will visit him, probably someone else that might the villain alliance or ones of his top ranker member.
Old 2017-05-11, 12:53   Link #2888
Sixth
Hu Tao

Speaking of Haidou, who do you think she like more? Sasuke or Vault boy?
Old 2017-05-11, 17:02   Link #2889
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
1. Nighteye using his power to extract info villain, it left a question how Nighteye able to figure out that man identity,
Two possibilities:
- Nighteye was ready to inspect every customer that looked suspect
- the man was already, at least, a person of interest if not more. Nighteye would have memorized the faces of every person suspected of being a member of the Eight whatsits.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 22:14   Link #2890
marvelB

Aw man, I wanted to comment on the chapter earlier, but I've been so busy lately...

Anyway, I wouldn't call the chapter uneventful, either. At the very least, we saw Nighteye's own method of gathering intel, and the rescue operation is finally underway. And of course, the fact that Aizawa warned his students about Shigaraki's gang means that they're almost guaranteed to be lurking in Overhaul's HQ.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i wonder however who the person was overhaul talked to at the end of the chapter
Looked more like he was talking to himself, to me. I don't think it's odd that he'd be expecting some pro heroes to crack down on him as soon as they found out about Eri...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 23:26   Link #2891
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Speaking of Haidou, who do you think she like more? Sasuke or Vault boy?
I'd say Mirio but not hurt either to say Haidou has her harem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Two possibilities:
- Nighteye was ready to inspect every customer that looked suspect
- the man was already, at least, a person of interest if not more. Nighteye would have memorized the faces of every person suspected of being a member of the Eight whatsits.
Most likely is second option he need confirmed knowledge before act first, first option is obsolete because Nighteye once claimed he only able use his ability on one person once per day.
Old 2017-05-18, 08:22   Link #2892
Sixth
Hu Tao

Eng scan for chapter 138 is out by different team.

And yes, the battles are finally started. The female dragon caught me off-guard though.
Old 2017-05-18, 12:02   Link #2893
Random14

Didn't expect that to be her power. Cool transformation, I wonder if most of other giant people we've seen can change size (since usually we only occasionally see giant monster fights, rather than lots of giants walking around).

This week more than makes up for last week's slow pace. Too bad no Gran Torino, and they brought a lot of manpower, but not sure regular people can do in a situation like this. There goes the plan already, now to see how this brawl will play out.
Old 2017-05-18, 12:29   Link #2894
Wandering Soul

I wasn't expecting her to outright transform into a dragon. Got to admit that it's a pretty cool power.
Old 2017-05-18, 15:04   Link #2895
Twi

A freaking dragon? How do you top that?
Old 2017-05-18, 16:35   Link #2896
marvelB

Yeah, gotta admit that Ryukyu's power is pretty darn sweet. I'm still kinda more interested in seeing Nighteye's combat prowess though, especially considering his quirk works more as a defensive one than offensive.

And of course, it figures that Overhaul has his own team of powerful pawns. Wonder what sort of crazy quirks these guys have. And what's up with that old boss guy laying on the bed? Is he the original leader of the Precepts/Cleansers? I also assume that was Shigaraki who Overhaul was talking to at the end of the chapter? Boy, things are about to get even more wild....
Old 2017-05-18, 18:48   Link #2897
Ultragunner

Aye, didn't expect a mythical Zoan of dragon type now that is awesome haha
I wonder if she can also breath fire, or any elemental effects (ice, wind....etc...), but that would be way too OP

In any cases, I don't think Overhaul will get caught this time around
Old 2017-05-25, 16:56   Link #2898
marvelB

Whoa, no comment on the new chapter yet!? Well, color me surprised!

Anyway, the situation became more complicated for our team of heroes.... as one of Overhaul's men transformed himself into a living labyrinth! And stepping up to the plate at the end is none other than Sun Eater...!!!

BTW, I also meant to post this a while back, but I had forgotten: For those curious about how the FA translation came up with the "Eightfold Cleansers" name for Overhaul's gang, there was actually a rather lengthy TL note from the former translator that was added to chapter 131:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Very interesting info, if I do say so myself. Looks like quite a bit of thought was put into that name...
Old 2017-05-26, 02:25   Link #2899
Random14

Looks like they've got a long road ahead of them. Unusual to see so many quirks in action at once, only the League of Villains could field this many at once before. And they've got both quirk boosting and neutralizing weapons too, which makes it even more dangerous. Not to mention plenty of cannon fodder.

Mirio's gone ahead by himself, I hope nothing too bad won't happen to him. Too bad Cementoss isn't here to fight for control of the corridor.
Old 2017-05-26, 04:52   Link #2900
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

That chapter was awesome, things are finally picking back up the pace.
Looks like SunEater might become my new favorite character
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot