AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-04-27, 11:29   Link #4841
Crunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post

Last time Deku was the focus, and he technically shared that arc with Shinso, was during the Class A vs. Class B arc which took place over a year ago. After that we had the Villain Academia arc, which focused on Shigaraki and the League, and the Endeavor internship which focused on Todoroki family.
The Endeavor internship was about him developing his quirk and how much he impacted Shouto and the arc even starts with Enji bringing back what Deku said to him during the Sports Festival and of course the aftermath where he reflects over how much his life has changed ever since he met All Might.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 11:34   Link #4842
Crunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Bunnygirl is cool and all, but she is basically Mereoleona from BC but with even less relationship to existing cast members, so her going away wont really make me care much either. She only stands out that much because she is one of the only female chars that had proper action scenes in this series.
Not only is this wrong and can be proven as such just by reading USJ, Sports Festival, Semester Exam, Forest Training, License Exam, Joint Training, and MVA but it shows that you're just reading this series half asleep.

Quote:
And this arc is...well, somehow rushed and moves to slowly at the same time. I dont really care much for Shigaraki at this point either since he got his convenient sob-backstory power up in the previous arc.
This doesn't even make sense.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-28, 07:02   Link #4843
marvelB

Bit late catching up, but I do appreciate seeing Present Mic get a bit more action this chapter. Poor doc, he's been freaking out non-stop during this whole ordeal (at least snot wasn't gushing out of his nose this time, lol).

Anyway, it's pretty clear that Shigaraki is seconds away from awakening. Also, despite all those heroes ganging up on her, I somehow don't see the female Noumu giving up the ghost yet, either. Just gotta wait and see to be sure....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-29, 09:57   Link #4844
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky View Post
Not only is this wrong and can be proven as such just by reading USJ, Sports Festival, Semester Exam, Forest Training, License Exam, Joint Training, and MVA but it shows that you're just reading this series half asleep.
Which other female got fights full on-screen battles against formidable hyped up villains? And please dont tell me you count every step of a char as some kind of proper action scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky View Post
This doesn't even make sense.
There are to many POVs which make it feel like the story is to rushing by focusing on just two parts and way to slow because it keeps cutting between the two scenes its focusing on, making the two things it focuses on in this big conflict feel like they move really slowly.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 10:57   Link #4845
marvelB

Korean scans are out for the next chapter:

Spoiler for 270:
Old 2020-05-09, 00:46   Link #4846
zibi88

Well you better delete those pictures or mods might give you few days ban. Still the chapter is out already so no need to use spoiler tags.

Well I think that its Nana or the younger AFO brother that gives Deku a warning about new AFO awakening, Nana's spirit tried to stop Tomura but it didnt work so she warns Deku of the incoming danger, she or the brother himself becouse he knows the feeling.

I guess next chapter we will see what is going on with Deku then it will end with either Tomura opening eyes or distance hospital building blowing up becouse of Tomura awankening.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 12:22   Link #4847
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So AFO had already passed down his quirk (or rather, gave it to the good doctor to pass on to Shigaraki) and was using a duplicate against All Might. Makes me wonder if OFA could be duplicated as well. Probably not because it's really special, one piece of evidence is Monoma being unable to copy it.
Old 2020-05-10, 13:18   Link #4848
Wandering Soul

It was obvious that Sgigaraki would get AFO's quirk, but I wasn't expecting it be revealed that AFO was actually just using a duplicate this entire time.
Old 2020-05-10, 16:25   Link #4849
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So AFO had already passed down his quirk (or rather, gave it to the good doctor to pass on to Shigaraki) and was using a duplicate against All Might. Makes me wonder if OFA could be duplicated as well. Probably not because it's really special, one piece of evidence is Monoma being unable to copy it.
You might be able to duplicate it, and then have to wait for generations for it to mature.

(Of course, if you find ways to give quirks to drosophilia, those generations might just be a few weeks...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 18:38   Link #4850
Random14

Its not a surprise but its still a big moment to hear that Shigaraki already has All For One's quirk. And yeah, sure looks like the heroes are about to get wrecked. Things are so bad even Present Mic is pretty serious.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 19:19   Link #4851
cyberdemon

I wonder how afo will evolve when it combines with his natural quirk.

Thinking about it, I think it is possible that all the league of villains quirks are now just copies. With those that were alive when they met the doctor, it gives him about the same amount of quirks that deku will have at least from the start.
Old 2020-05-12, 06:41   Link #4852
LevelSeven

Not a big fan of shigaraki getting AFO, the power up he get in the MLA arc feels useless now, if he can get all kinds of strong powers anyway than the powerup he got doesnt really matter much.

Anyway, im more interested in seeing dabis side, afterall endeavor wont die with the dabi-thing existing, and aizawa and mic got their kurogiri plot going on. Bunny-girl surviving until now would really have any use either if she would just be killed by shigaraki, so i dont think she dies either, which means we are left with the other fodder chars where i dont really think i would care if they get dusted.
Old 2020-05-12, 09:22   Link #4853
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

as expected, we got another OFA vs AFO for ultimate showdown
This reminded me a bit about RAVE Master.. where they close out the previous generation battle, and leave the power to the next generation

This is also lead to scary facts that AFO also could be inherited, just like OFA
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 12:04   Link #4854
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Not a big fan of shigaraki getting AFO, the power up he get in the MLA arc feels useless now, if he can get all kinds of strong powers anyway than the powerup he got doesnt really matter much.

Anyway, im more interested in seeing dabis side, afterall endeavor wont die with the dabi-thing existing, and aizawa and mic got their kurogiri plot going on. Bunny-girl surviving until now would really have any use either if she would just be killed by shigaraki, so i dont think she dies either, which means we are left with the other fodder chars where i dont really think i would care if they get dusted.
It’s more a matter of how it evolves from combining the 2. He might not even need to touch someone in order to take a quirk. Or perhaps he becomes unable to steal but rather he becomes able to destroy quirks. And because professional heroes are gathered in mass, the upgrade allows him to destroy all the heroes quirks all at once. Only those on the back lines escape it.
Old 2020-05-12, 16:39   Link #4855
dragon1412

^ sound a bit stretched to me, isn't the entire existence of AFO being taking quirk and use it, If there is any quirk that is actually capable merging with AFO, it'd be OFA.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-15, 05:13   Link #4856
marvelB

Maybe it's just me, but personally I was more interested by the reveal that the doctor, who was originally introduced as being quirkless, had one after all (longevity, no less!). Maybe because I feel that this lends credence to the theory that Deku wasn't originally quirkless either, but had his ability stolen by the doc/AFO when he was examined all those years ago. And if the younger Midoriya did have a quirk, just what sort of power was it that was considered so valuable as to have it stripped from him....?

BTW, Korean scans of the next chapter are out:

Spoiler for 271:
Old 2020-05-15, 05:29   Link #4857
Hakai

Damn
Old 2020-05-15, 07:08   Link #4858
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe it's just me, but personally I was more interested by the reveal that the doctor, who was originally introduced as being quirkless, had one after all (longevity, no less!). Maybe because I feel that this lends credence to the theory that Deku wasn't originally quirkless either, but had his ability stolen by the doc/AFO when he was examined all those years ago. And if the younger Midoriya did have a quirk, just what sort of power was it that was considered so valuable as to have it stripped from him....?

Does it really matter what quirk he had if it was stolen?

It literally can't be better than One For All.
Old 2020-05-15, 07:21   Link #4859
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Does it really matter what quirk he had if it was stolen?

It literally can't be better than One For All.
Could become a big plotpoint at some point, maybe deku gets it back in some way with OFA-something-something.

Random mutations are a thing, so he could have a power that is more useful than OFA.
Old 2020-05-15, 15:59   Link #4860
Twi

OFA is already getting seven additional powers, you really want to throw in an 8th?

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot