AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-29, 13:26   Link #441
Nivek von Beldo

Very nice series, different and unique and very well done and executed, got a very nice brand of humour and knew when goes full serious.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 13:43   Link #442
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Great show in all, and I liked the way they presented the transfusion, even if we already knew it'd be something like this. I must admit though, this episode felt like they could've handled explanations a bit better. The random cells explaining all the steps of death by blood loss just seemed a little forced. Other explanations in other episodes may have been weird, but they were quick enough that it didn't really feel too jarring, and it still seemed at least a bit acceptable, but this was just kind of silly. Would've done better to leave the breakdown of all the ways the body would fail to the narrator, or just have it revealed as it's happening rather than long speeches. Still, besides that small nitpick on this one episode it was real good.

I'm kind of hoping that when/if this gets a dub, they give the new RBCs a Brooklyn accent. Somehow feels fitting. Either that or Russian.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 13:59   Link #443
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I liked the part where the transfused blood cells had no idea what was going on either.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 14:21   Link #444
xeviouses

AOTS for me, I'm gonna miss this show a lot.

Entertaining and informative, backed by an all star cast, Cells at Work had a lot going for it and succeeded quite well.

Side note: Do remember to donate blood and platelets if you can, you may be saving someone.
Old 2018-09-29, 14:22   Link #445
foxbox360
New Age Badass

leave it to a series that started out lighthearted and then went dark in the end. 8/10 Great show
Old 2018-09-29, 15:50   Link #446
Tenzen12

That wasn't Kansai-ben was it? I wonder where wass donnor from. I also wonder if new RBC received some cheat like ability on their way to different world.

Anyway great anime, I wouldn't mind second season.
Old 2018-09-29, 16:03   Link #447
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 13 Comments/Feedback & Series Score:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 16:28   Link #448
James Rye

Great ending! I gonna miss this comfy show, it was so incredible fun to watch and educational on top. Hope it gets a 2nd season someday, this show deserves it for sure.
Old 2018-09-29, 16:56   Link #449
Itlandm
Porcupine

What a great anime this was! It was amusing how the cells don't have any idea what happened, all modern medicine looks like divine intervention or the work of aliens to them. Which in a sense is true, of course, it is literally "out of this world" for them. Good thing the blood cells were compatible, could have been a bloodbath literally if the white blood cells had attacked them.

Anyway, sad to see this series go, it was one of my favorites this year. The ED song was great too. I actually sometimes play it at work!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 18:24   Link #450
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

This was a good series. Wouldn't mind getting another season.

Gotten a bit emotional for a moment there during the last episode but glad everything turned out well. But I still feel it's a bittersweet ending. They have new RBC comrades but most of their old RBC friends are gone. I think RBC's senpai probably died, too, since we didn't see her at the end (and RBC is now promoted to senpai in her place).

So they mentioned the uniform is a bit different and seems like RBCs take up the dialect of their host.

Kind of sad thinking how these little cells will struggle to survive after the body dies at the end of life. They probably don't know what's going on but it's an ending they can't escape from one day.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 20:10   Link #451
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I want to give special recognition to composer Suehiro Kenichiro for his terrific score for this show. His music fits well with the tension and bombast in the exaggerated disaster sequences, and lyrical upbeat sections depicting the industry and, we hope, joy of our cells at work. The transition in the first piece here shows this quite well.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I looked at his list of scores at ANN and discovered he'd written a bunch of my favorites. Looking forward to his Golden Kamuy 2 next.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2018-09-29 at 21:02.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 20:43   Link #452
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Definitely bittersweet for me. I really liked this anime. It's light hearted, funny, serious, entertaining, and educational.

Definitely called the whole kouhai respecting our heroine on showing her to be brave and keep pushing forward. But...typical booksmart kouhai went back to being her smarty pants self and went off to talk to other RBCs. It was kinda cool and funny to see all these new RBCs just suddenly pop up. I thought the usage of a different dialect portrayed the transfusion really well.

Ah...yes, what happens if the transfusion was the wrong blood type? Maybe we'd see that in Hataraku Saibou Black?

I wonder how popular this anime is in Japan/US. Will people cosplay the RBC uniforms and will convention goers recognize them?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 21:19   Link #453
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Red blood cell she really went beyond the call of duty delivering all that oxygen with her kohai But have to like that transfusion she and them really didnt know what was going on

8/10 Need a second season
Old 2018-09-29, 23:57   Link #454
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 00:33   Link #455
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I liked the balance of the episode. Red Blood Cell gave her best throughout the episode. And honestly the effort she put in was valuable. If the cells still there didn't keep working the body would shut down long before 'backup' could arrive. And yet I like that they did let the Kohai make a point. She wasn't wrong. With what was still in the body it was utterly hopeless. There was no feasible way they could keep the body functional and if help didn't arrive they were utterly done. But it's a nice thing to see the main character keep fighting in her own way. Not fighting invaders, but just doing her job until the end.

This was a fun show. It is remarkable this body of theirs is alive with all the craziness going on on a regular basis. In a lot of ways the fun parts involved the cells making decisions they rationally knew was wrong or stupid (overreacting to allergies), but they are trapped by their own programming as cells. They have to do their jobs.

It was a nice show. Not necessarily going to be a favorite of the whole year. But in a pretty lean summer season this was a nice show to have.
Old 2018-09-30, 04:10   Link #456
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
I mean this person had heatstroke and one dangerou accident. Seem like regular person to me.
Old 2018-09-30, 05:18   Link #457
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Have you seen all the stuff small children go through? Scrapes, diseases, etc?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 05:41   Link #458
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Ah...yes, what happens if the transfusion was the wrong blood type? Maybe we'd see that in Hataraku Saibou Black?
It would be a bit unrealistic to show that since in modern times I don't think that's a likely thing to happen at all. But if it did happen, what you would get is a bunch of RBCs who immediately rub the WBCs off the wrong way; they start getting into fights and in the end it's full out war between the resident WBCs and immigrant RBCs (which is pretty one-sided, so basically it's just a massacre).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 06:43   Link #459
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

blood transfusions never looked this comical
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 10:51   Link #460
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

maaan.. if only I'm not afraid of needle, this episode would make me donating my blood soon

what a great show
and very educative as well
I'm sure they might win a prize soon

the way they pictured every single body situations are brilliant and comical
I would applaud the subtitle team as well for trying their best to deliver the right scientific explanation for everything
as a biologist, I really love the way they deliver each episode.. you could even find a positive message review from a doctor that watched this anime

I don't know how many more left about the material.. but if there is a season 2, that would be a good news

8/10 from me
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action comedy, biology