Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 20:25   Link #1421
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Lol....What kind of a mother comforts their 17~18 year old son like that? Isn't that a little too close? Moreover, what kind of mom kisses their son on the lips? Freaky and powerful stuff....
Actually, the kisses C.C. gave Lelouch served a purpose. This surprised me as well and I felt a little stupid for not realizing it myself.
Koshimizu posted something from one of the source books. It shows that C.C. kissed Lelouch to copy his memories and store them in the World of C. This seemed to be a countermeasure in case he was captured by Charles. She knew he could alter memories.
The kiss at the beginning of R2 was to download those implanted memories.
Koshimizu posted an image from that book. Wish I would of saved it now. I checked the translation as well.

I do remember that in both of those kisses his eyes were wide open in shock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Haha, so true

Well, I wonder if some contraceptive methods exist in Code Geass. ^^

I would say maybe more than 6 months ^^
Add in the two month time skip plus the added week or so before Villetta would of realized she was pregnant. Odds are it wasn't planned since they never got married until after he was freed. She might not of realized it for a bit.
Old 2008-10-06, 20:27   Link #1422
blottyparchment

Is this the right thread for this? It's about the 2nd picture drama

The 2nd picture drama is about the KoR. It's rather a serious one. I haven't properly watched the picture drama but it's before Suzaku's formal introduction as a KoR. This is what I was able to piece together:

Spoiler for picture drama 2 - Turn 0.56:

If I have time, I might expand on it.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:28   Link #1423
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Actually, the kisses C.C. gave Lelouch served a purpose. This surprised me as well and I felt a little stupid for not realizing it myself.
Koshimizu posted something from one of the source books. It shows that C.C. kissed Lelouch to copy his memories and store them in the World of C. This seemed to be a countermeasure in case he was captured by Charles. She knew he could alter memories.
The kiss at the beginning of R2 was to download those implanted memories.
Koshimizu posted an image from that book. Wish I would of saved it now. I checked the translation as well.

I do remember that in both of those kisses his eyes were wide open in shock.
Yup, and mostly everyone know that ^^. What is criticized sometimes is that we don't know if it's the only way to make memories transfers/seals. Because if another method exists, she could have avoided to kiss her "son" <_<
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 20:31   Link #1424
thedonkiluminati

Always found it strange for anyone to describe their relationship as like that of a mother and son. Always seemed like a married couple with their bickering (to me anyways).
Old 2008-10-06, 20:41   Link #1425
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Yup, and mostly everyone know that ^^. What is criticized sometimes is that we don't know if it's the only way to make memories transfers/seals. Because if another method exists, she could have avoided to kiss her "son" <_<
Well, I doubt making a complete backup of someone memories and storing them in another world is something that could easily be done by touch.

Still I think Lelouch is a little rude for not closing his eyes. Though who knows what it feels like having ones memories copied and downloaded.

I think it's about the persons intent. Is a kiss like that really bad if no sexual intent is there?
I have a scene in the story I'm making. The mother is going away on a long trip. She has a small son and she has to leave him at home. She gives him a deep and long kiss. To anyone observing it looks odd, but in fact what she was doing is an ancient ritual from her culture. She's literally breathing part of her life into her son to act as a level of magical protection.
It has nothing to do with anything sexual. It's just an act of love to her child.
Sort of like breast feeding. There isn't anything sexual about that though it is an intimate act.

Not that I'm trying to argue that C.C.'s feelings for Leluoch were more maternal then romantic. Just pointing out my views.
Old 2008-10-06, 20:46   Link #1426
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well, I doubt making a complete backup of someone memories and storing them in another world is something that could easily be done by touch.

Still I think Lelouch is a little rude for not closing his eyes. Though who knows what it feels like having ones memories copied and downloaded.
Well, we can't see if he closed his eyes or not IIRC. Since we see only the beginning of the kisses (he keeps his eyes open) but not the end (maybe he closed them during the kiss). (I don't know if my explanation is good XD). My point was that when kallen kissed him, we saw the entire scene, while in the case of c.c. it switches to something else in lelouch's mind (in R2), and the scene is cut iirc in stage 25. (I am not sure, so feel free to correct me if i am wrong)

Quote:
I think it's about the persons intent. Is a kiss like that really bad if no sexual intent is there?
I have a scene in the story I'm making. The mother is going away on a long trip. She has a small son and she has to leave him at home. She gives him a deep and long kiss. To anyone observing it looks odd, but in fact what she was doing is an ancient ritual from her culture. She's literally breathing part of her life into her son to act as a level of magical protection.
It has nothing to do with anything sexual. It's just an act of love to her child.
Sort of like breast feeding. There isn't anything sexual about that though it is an intimate act.

Not that I'm trying to argue that C.C.'s feelings for Leluoch were more maternal then romantic. Just pointing out my views.
Don't worry :O
Old 2008-10-06, 21:02   Link #1427
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Well, we can't see if he closed his eyes or not IIRC. Since we see only the beginning of the kisses (he keeps his eyes open) but not the end (maybe he closed them during the kiss). (I don't know if my explanation is good XD). My point was that when kallen kissed him, we saw the entire scene, while in the case of c.c. it switches to something else in lelouch's mind (in R2), and the scene is cut iirc in stage 25. (I am not sure, so feel free to correct me if i am wrong)
That C.C. kiss was in the flashes of memories, but it was flashed by awfully fast. It was also a plot point in the story. It just didn't get a long a pause as many other moments did. Rolo's memory got the longest pause of any of them.
I was expecting C.C. to appear more in that memory flash then she did.
I went over that scene time and again and wrote down all the pauses.
I didn't count that shirt shot of Shirley. I don't think you can call that a pause since that's where it started.
Kallen did sort of have another appearance in that memory flash. It was when she was in that costume and swallowed Lelouch's head while Shirley was trying to talk with him. That went by incredibly fast.

I never really bought that Lelouch had deep romantic feelings for Shirley. Even Shirley knew he was lying when he said he liked her to explain that (Sayako) kiss. That was just the most logical response to explain the action.
I think her death was far more traumatic to Lelouch, because she was an innocent. She had no place in the fight, but still lost her father and her life because of it. I'm sure if that had been Milly or Rivals it would of effected him just as hard.

Point in fact I still hold Suzaku partly responsible for Shirley's death. He should of made sure she was taken away before he rushed in and tried to take control of everything. He was responsible for her safety last.
Old 2008-10-06, 21:14   Link #1428
hero147

Quote:

That's not what Lelouch thought about it. As I remember, Lelouch started worrying about CC at that moment, when CC let him off out of the Gawain. I can't see that CCxLelouch is maternal, since here, in Canada, it's actually quite natural for a couple to comfort and be there for each other.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:18   Link #1429
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
That C.C. kiss was in the flashes of memories, but it was flashed by awfully fast. It was also a plot point in the story. It just didn't get a long a pause as many other moments did. Rolo's memory got the longest pause of any of them.
I was expecting C.C. to appear more in that memory flash then she did.
I went over that scene time and again and wrote down all the pauses.
I didn't count that shirt shot of Shirley. I don't think you can call that a pause since that's where it started.
Kallen did sort of have another appearance in that memory flash. It was when she was in that costume and swallowed Lelouch's head while Shirley was trying to talk with him. That went by incredibly fast.
Re read what I wrote please. I was not talking about the flashbacks in turn 25 ^^

Quote:
I never really bought that Lelouch had deep romantic feelings for Shirley. Even Shirley knew he was lying when he said he liked her to explain that (Sayako) kiss. That was just the most logical response to explain the action.
I think her death was far more traumatic to Lelouch, because she was an innocent. She had no place in the fight, but still lost her father and her life because of it. I'm sure if that had been Milly or Rivals it would of effected him just as hard.
I have to disagree here. I still think that she was his main LI during this show. But it's just my opinion

Quote:
Point in fact I still hold Suzaku partly responsible for Shirley's death. He should of made sure she was taken away before he rushed in and tried to take control of everything. He was responsible for her safety last.
Don't know what to think. She was aware about the risk, and that Rolo was not Lelouch's brother.

You know, one could say that even jeremiah is at fault since he canceled the geass casted on her. (by accident though)
Old 2008-10-06, 21:33   Link #1430
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
That's why he instructed two police guards to protect her while he investigated the situation, in the end it was her own fault for taking a gun and running off to find Lelouch. Geez you make it seem like Suzaku was the one that killed her.
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:46   Link #1431
Lie

Quote:
I am not talking about blog or anything that no one or only a few saw, I only talk about the show and the interviews that a lot of people already saw. That's the difference. So, that's why I asked for links, because it's easy to make up things. So at leats give links to the poor people who can't read japanese. Then I can ask translations to some people if you don't have the time. Thanks.
Only a few saw? Maybe on this forum, but a lot of people have seen her blog and have had discussions about it, what I am saying comes from a japanese board and isn't even so much my own original thought as it is just a very good point.

Quote:
I am always among the ones who say that a lot of things are possible. My first comment to kang's post was not serious, because when I read someone saying that lelouch has no romantic feelings towards c.c., I can say the same about kallen.
How? How can you say the same about Kallen? How many different aspects of what Lelouch did do people need to list? Some things just cannot be written off. You can argue that they meant one thing or another, just as anyone can argue the same about C.C., but the scenes or themes that people have listed in terms of Kallen are far numerous. Are they all just dismissable? I doubt that.
I'll summarize, C.C. has had one very good unfinished line, Kallen has at least two I can recall of the top of my head. C.C. has had a couple of possibly tender moments, Kallen has had what I can count as over a dozen. Kallen has one visible and emotional kiss with both parties emotionally involved, C.C. has at best a cut off shot of a surprise kiss that returned Lelouch's memories. Maybe C.C.'s are meant to be more quality, but I doubt much compares to the episode 19 scene in terms of quality.

I just see a lot of hopeful visions from both sides of this, but if you peel away everything, only one character had a blatant romantic subplot (and didn't get killed by Rolo), and only one character (who didn't get killed by Rolo) actually took the initiative to ask what Lelouch felt and to find a place in his heart. So pardon me if I find it hard to swallow that C.C. was seeking Lelouch's love in the same way that Kallen and Shirley sought it when it simply was never shown to be that way while the other two were directly shown. I'm not one to compare an aparition to what is actually there.
Did it pay off? I'm of the opinion that it did because otherwise there really wasn't much point to it. But since it was never explictly shown... oy.
Now I'm out of time so I'll leave this discussion, I dun have much more to say anyway.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:52   Link #1432
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Is this the right thread for this? It's about the 2nd picture drama

The 2nd picture drama is about the KoR. It's rather a serious one. I haven't properly watched the picture drama but it's before Suzaku's formal introduction as a KoR. This is what I was able to piece together:

Spoiler for picture drama 2 - Turn 0.56:

If I have time, I might expand on it.
I read somewhere else that Anya shoots the girl, but don't take my word on that...
Old 2008-10-07, 01:45   Link #1433
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
How? How can you say the same about Kallen? How many different aspects of what Lelouch did do people need to list? Some things just cannot be written off. You can argue that they meant one thing or another, just as anyone can argue the same about C.C., but the scenes or themes that people have listed in terms of Kallen are far numerous. Are they all just dismissable? I doubt that.
I'll summarize, C.C. has had one very good unfinished line, Kallen has at least two I can recall of the top of my head. C.C. has had a couple of possibly tender moments, Kallen has had what I can count as over a dozen. Kallen has one visible and emotional kiss with both parties emotionally involved, C.C. has at best a cut off shot of a surprise kiss that returned Lelouch's memories. Maybe C.C.'s are meant to be more quality, but I doubt much compares to the episode 19 scene in terms of quality.

I just see a lot of hopeful visions from both sides of this, but if you peel away everything, only one character had a blatant romantic subplot (and didn't get killed by Rolo), and only one character (who didn't get killed by Rolo) actually took the initiative to ask what Lelouch felt and to find a place in his heart. So pardon me if I find it hard to swallow that C.C. was seeking Lelouch's love in the same way that Kallen and Shirley sought it when it simply was never shown to be that way while the other two were directly shown. I'm not one to compare an aparition to what is actually there.
Did it pay off? I'm of the opinion that it did because otherwise there really wasn't much point to it. But since it was never explictly shown... oy.
Now I'm out of time so I'll leave this discussion, I dun have much more to say anyway.
Kallen and Lelouch have hardly interacted with each other, so much so I find it hard to believe she loves him. She might have been infatuated with him, but love is too much of a strong word for me to throw around so easily. That is just my take on the matter. Shirley I find more believable but they killed her off. Look I have no problem if you think Lelouch loved Kallen but stop acting like it is a fact. It's just your opinion. Lelouch might have kept her away to protect her, but he would have done that with any of his friends. There was nothing concrete to show Lelouch loves Kallen. And they left it that way for a reason. They wanted to please both sides.

C.C.'s was never meant to be directly shown. C.C. was not seeking his love because she was trying not to fall in love, or form any kind of emotional attachment to anyone. She is too complicated. She is in denial all the time. She doesn't even think she is capable of very human feeling like love. And btw, even Kallen asked her if she was in love with Lelouch.

And I don't get the kiss thing. Does C.C. have precognition? How did she know his memories were going to go away in the first place? And if that was a restore point how come Lelouch remembers what happened after the kiss. He should have remembered everything up till the kiss not after it. *shrugs*

C.C. also says something like 'you are not a person I want to commit a lovers suicide with', what does that mean to you? Did you hear mother/son suicide by any chance IMO it is quite clear C.C. was in love with Lelouch. You can feel free to disagree but it will remain your opinion, unless officially confirmed otherwise.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:51   Link #1434
C.C.
Gray Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Did the magazines come out yet.. maybe there is no info on code geass?
I just found this

Nothing to say, I think, and the art is not that good... ;_;
Old 2008-10-07, 07:56   Link #1435
Baixinho

So, any news about the post on the producer blog that was talking about 3rd or 4th quarter and "gou" ? Did someone see it discussed elsewhere than in this forum ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Kallen and Lelouch have hardly interacted with each other, so much so I find it hard to believe she loves him. She might have been infatuated with him, but love is too much of a strong word for me to throw around so easily. That is just my take on the matter. Shirley I find more believable but they killed her off. Look I have no problem if you think Lelouch loved Kallen but stop acting like it is a fact. It's just your opinion. Lelouch might have kept her away to protect her, but he would have done that with any of his friends. There was nothing concrete to show Lelouch loves Kallen. And they left it that way for a reason. They wanted to please both sides.

C.C.'s was never meant to be directly shown. C.C. was not seeking his love because she was trying not to fall in love, or form any kind of emotional attachment to anyone. She is too complicated. She is in denial all the time. She doesn't even think she is capable of very human feeling like love. And btw, even Kallen asked her if she was in love with Lelouch.

And I don't get the kiss thing. Does C.C. have precognition? How did she know his memories were going to go away in the first place? And if that was a restore point how come Lelouch remembers what happened after the kiss. He should have remembered everything up till the kiss not after it. *shrugs*

C.C. also says something like 'you are not a person I want to commit a lovers suicide with', what does that mean to you? Did you hear mother/son suicide by any chance IMO it is quite clear C.C. was in love with Lelouch. You can feel free to disagree but it will remain your opinion, unless officially confirmed otherwise.
Lelouch and Kallen have hardly interacted with each other?
I beg your pardon, but I think you are forgetting S1 and the 10 first episodes of R2 a bit too fast For 32 episodes, Kallen has been interacting a lot with Zero/Lelouch, both within the OotBK and Ashford Academy. Even after she's been captured by Britania, she managed to get to learn more about Lelouch via his sister. Their lack of interaction in the last episodes came only after she had kissed him : she had already had all the time she needed to fall in love with him by then. So I don't quite get where you get your point from.

About the CC kiss, it was confirmed by Koshimizu (scan from a magazine) that the kiss was a memory back up. You don't do a memory back-up if you have no reason to believe that it could be necessary. The fact that she did this back up is an evidence in itself that she feared Lelouch could lose his memories. As for the reason why, I guess knowing Lelouch was going to confront Charles' brother, she expected VV to hand Lelouch over to Charles and Charles to use his Geass on him if things turned bad.

CC's comment was directed to Jeremiah, and was never used again in R2. Nothing indicates that she would be ready to commit lovers suicide with Lelouch. Logically speaking, that line can not relate in any way to Lelouch, unless you're assuming she would do it with Lelouch. But then you can't use the assumption that your point is true to prove your point true. But I digress.

Anyway, as I said if anyone has any news concerning the blog post, I'm interested
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:58   Link #1436
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Commiting lovers' suicide is no problem for C.C.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:15   Link #1437
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Lelouch and Kallen have hardly interacted with each other?
I beg your pardon, but I think you are forgetting S1 and the 10 first episodes of R2 a bit too fast For 32 episodes, Kallen has been interacting a lot with Zero/Lelouch, both within the OotBK and Ashford Academy. Even after she's been captured by Britania, she managed to get to learn more about Lelouch via his sister. Their lack of interaction in the last episodes came only after she had kissed him : she had already had all the time she needed to fall in love with him by then. So I don't quite get where you get your point from.
S1 was all about Zero. She was just a fan-girl then. In R2, how many of these interactions have we seen? How many of them have been with her alone? In the end she can't even tell if Lelouch is lying...I wouldn't call it love. Whatever good all her learning did... When you love a person because everything you know about them through a 3rd person it's not love. It is admiration, crush, like, etc. not love. Love is too strong a word. Again this is my opinion you can have your own

Quote:
About the CC kiss, it was confirmed by Koshimizu (scan from a magazine) that the kiss was a memory back up. You don't do a memory back-up if you have no reason to believe that it could be necessary. The fact that she did this back up is an evidence in itself that she feared Lelouch could lose his memories. As for the reason why, I guess knowing Lelouch was going to confront Charles' brother, she expected VV to hand Lelouch over to Charles and Charles to use his Geass on him if things turned bad.
I had read that too. Yes but what about what I said about the restore point thing? And anyway Lelouch was happy and even told her not to die forgetting she is immortal and all. So I doubt he took the kiss for something professional

Quote:
CC's comment was directed to Jeremiah, and was never used again in R2. Nothing indicates that she would be ready to commit lovers suicide with Lelouch. Logically speaking, that line can not relate in any way to Lelouch, unless you're assuming she would do it with Lelouch. But then you can't use the assumption that your point is true to prove your point true. But I digress.
Jeremiah? It's possible I didn't think of it like that...
But if LxK were so canon they could have made it more clear. They didn't because they wanted to make both the shippers happy. And anyway it is quite normal for all female leads (or females ) to fall in love with the main character in an anime.

Quote:
Anyway, as I said if anyone has any news concerning the blog post, I'm interested
So is everyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I just found this

thanks for sharing! What does it say? Anything new?

Last edited by Asleep; 2008-10-07 at 08:39.
Old 2008-10-07, 08:31   Link #1438
Dhang
Blas.

Dhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:36   Link #1439
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I just found this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhang View Post

Wow! New magazine scans! You guys are great! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for bigger and clearer scan in time to come.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:38   Link #1440
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhang View Post

Nice! Thanks for posting!

Now for clearer versions and translations...