AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-24, 02:51   Link #11081
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
*image*
Hayate = Integra, Nanoha = Alucard; all right.
You know, I would be actually cheering if she actually killed someone in good old fashion, but she never did. That fcking franchise.
Old 2010-07-24, 02:55   Link #11082
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can someone tell me what happened in the newest chapter of Force ? I see Nanoha and Vita bringing up something that looks like a new weapon for me..
Or is it already come out long time ago ? Sorry, I'm not really up to date with this series...

Old 2010-07-24, 04:18   Link #11083
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Besides, Fate secretly LIKES to be beaten.
Quoted for truth. It's always the quiet ones and she is definitely into SM.
Spoiler for Fanfic idea:

So, uh, when do you expect the previews for the next Force chapter to pop up?
Old 2010-07-24, 05:11   Link #11084
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Just remeber that Signum was holding back at the time and properly win over Fate on the majority of their subsequent rematches(tough, it's also implied that Fate could achieve victory from time to time), and when it's that Erio have experience, we don't see or even heared of that, he just go from average to great skilled from one season to another without developement.
Yeah, Signum was holding back. Holding back from killing. As was Fate.

Regardless, seeing someone of lower rank going up against someone of higher rank and winning is hardly a surprise. All I'm saying is that people going crazy over Erio scoring a good hit on Fate really shouldn't, he's no longer a 9 year old little amateur, he's a trained professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Vivid shouldn't count.

It's like a bad version of fumoffu inbetween seasons.
What? And skip out on all of the character development Vivio, Nove and Lutecia are getting? Heck no!
Old 2010-07-24, 05:17   Link #11085
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Sure, if that's what you want to call it.

To me, it just looks like they were pre-developed inbetween StrikerS and Vivid.
Old 2010-07-24, 05:31   Link #11086
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

A lot of character development is handled that way, and since we actually get to see them changed instead of being dumped aside (like, say, a certain brown haired girl and bespectacled librarian), I don't mind one bit.
Old 2010-07-24, 05:40   Link #11087
aers
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
So, uh, when do you expect the previews for the next Force chapter to pop up?
Anytime between now and the release. <_>

Maybe tomorrow if we're lucky.
Old 2010-07-24, 05:47   Link #11088
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Well, each their own, guess I'll just accept it for what it is and enjoy the fanservice. Since I like fan-service, but can't help but feel it's starting to eat into character personalities. And changing them for the worse.
Old 2010-07-24, 07:04   Link #11089
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Heh, this popped into my mind, for those familiar with the C&C: Red Alert series:

http://img.listal.com/image/709369/400full.jpg

On second, maybe not... too many clothes. :P
Well they could just give them a smaller version of the arm cannon Familiar? It's where I learn the word "Tesla Coil"

Quote:
Spoiler for space saving:
Nah, this one probably starts far earlier...let's say, that one moment where Caro dragged him to the girls side of the public bath?

Quote:
Spoiler for Fanfic idea:
[Inappropriate image removed]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
Eh, so I wonder what's next in Vivid. Hoping to look at a certain someone's past more. Or for Ix to do anything.
So very true

So, uh, finished enjoying Isis? When would we get to share the translated joy?

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-07-24 at 12:18.
Old 2010-07-24, 08:11   Link #11090
Amaterasu1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
In short, limiter or no, Fate's superior skills should have allowed her to win. But since she didn't win, what that says is clear.
This is true. What it says is quite clear. Erio is now experienced enough at melee combat to beat Fate in a purely melee fight.

Fate can use guided projectiles, unguided projectiles, area attacks and high powered long range beams. Erio has none of these abilities. Fate would probably have won if she used all her abilities but she didn't. She engaged in a pure melee fight and lost.

Everyone should also remember that this is a game being played by game rules and scored by the computer monitor. The actual power levels of the players are totally meaningless. A mere D rank grunt playing the position of Front Attacker would still have 3000hp like Subaru, for instance.
Old 2010-07-24, 09:28   Link #11091
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Spoiler for Fanfic idea:
You know, I'm real tempted to do this as a NanoFate fic now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well they could just give them a smaller version of the arm cannon Familiar? It's where I learn the word "Tesla Coil"
Or I could see Fate flying around with a Tesla Coil strapped to her back. :P

Quote:
Nah, this one probably starts far earlier...let's say, that one moment where Caro dragged him to the girls side of the public bath?
Heh, he was a bit too young then, and pure nudity actually pales in sexiness value compared to having clothing shredded or removed in front of you. The latter is generally more of a turn on, and since Erio is 14 now, odds are he's in puberty when the thoughts would be hitting him.

And yes, I'm overthinking this. :P

Caro: "Erio? Are you alright?"

Erio: *still laying face down in the dirt, not wanting to get up* "Um, yeah, mostly."

Caro: "Here let me help you up and-"

Erio: "NO! I'm, uh, fine, for the moment. I just need to... rest a bit until the, uh, pain goes away..."
Old 2010-07-24, 09:33   Link #11092
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What? And skip out on all of the character development Vivio, Nove and Lutecia are getting? Heck no!
Quote:
A lot of character development is handled that way, and since we actually get to see them changed instead of being dumped aside (like, say, a certain brown haired girl and bespectacled librarian), I don't mind one bit.
Huh, you know what's interesting, Keroko?

I said the EXACT same thing just a month ago.

Everyone laughed at it and I ended up deleting the images I used.

*Glares at certain people.*

And, Demi... If we go by what you said as not character development, then NO ONE in this series got developed until StrikerS went through. Teana and Nanoha were the only ones who really got any development ON SCREEN in StrikerS, everyone else was off-screen.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-07-24, 09:34   Link #11093
amauterr

I'm sorry for making such post but i can't keep myself from posting this pictures
Spoiler for force manga 8:

Maybe all of you already know about this ^,but i'm too lazy to read whole topic x_x
Old 2010-07-24, 09:42   Link #11094
prescience
Friendly Satanist

I hate to tell you, but that's old news already. Please at least try reading a couple of pages back next time...
Old 2010-07-24, 10:11   Link #11095
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Or I could see Fate flying around with a Tesla Coil strapped to her back. :P
Or her new weapon looks like a halberd with the iconic Tesla Coil form at it's point

Yes, I know all these guessing will be meaningless as the latest Force Next comes out, but crazy speculations are fun

Quote:
Heh, he was a bit too young then, and pure nudity actually pales in sexiness value compared to having clothing shredded or removed in front of you. The latter is generally more of a turn on, and since Erio is 14 now, odds are he's in puberty when the thoughts would be hitting him.
I could swear I heard a similar comment at B Gata H Kei...

Quote:
And yes, I'm overthinking this. :P

Caro: "Erio? Are you alright?"

Erio: *still laying face down in the dirt, not wanting to get up* "Um, yeah, mostly."

Caro: "Here let me help you up and-"

Erio: "NO! I'm, uh, fine, for the moment. I just need to... rest a bit until the, uh, pain goes away..."
Don't worry, next comicket there would probably be a lot of doujin's that *ehm* expands this particular encounter. I just hope there's one with decent art

Just like Nagisa from Clannad, the one Caro believes to be her greatest love threat is probably her own mother

Would someone kindly remind me which one is legally Fate's child and which one is legally her sibling?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-07-24 at 10:39.
Old 2010-07-24, 10:16   Link #11096
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by amauterr View Post
I'm sorry for making such post but i can't keep myself from posting this pictures
Spoiler for force manga 8:

Maybe all of you already know about this ^,but i'm too lazy to read whole topic x_x
The picture? Why do i think that it looks like Nadesico 3, but faster?
At lease this one abit bigger so i can see the layout of the ship/plane. Plus its side wings look like Cypha's Divider?(I had this nagging feeling everytime i look into the plane/ship)
Old 2010-07-24, 10:47   Link #11097
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Would someone kindly remind me which one is legally Fate's child and which one is legally her sibling?
Officially, Erio was first, and because Fate was a bit young, Lindy became his official guardian. It's a bit more vague with Caro, but the implication seems to be that Fate adopted Caro herself.
Old 2010-07-24, 11:10   Link #11098
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
This is true. What it says is quite clear. Erio is now experienced enough at melee combat to beat Fate in a purely melee fight.

Fate can use guided projectiles, unguided projectiles, area attacks and high powered long range beams. Erio has none of these abilities. Fate would probably have won if she used all her abilities but she didn't. She engaged in a pure melee fight and lost.

Everyone should also remember that this is a game being played by game rules and scored by the computer monitor. The actual power levels of the players are totally meaningless. A mere D rank grunt playing the position of Front Attacker would still have 3000hp like Subaru, for instance.
This actually makes sense, still i don't like very much seeing our long lived, battle forged heroes being beaten one by one by new characters(well i reaally need to hear Sound Stage SSX to get a glimpse at Erio's character developement), it's fun to think of Erio as a pimp in fanon but get this tratement to him in canon is awfull and only affect his image(again i don't complain about Fate's defeat but more on HOW she's defeated, so Erio goes from a noble kid to a guy who's main method of fight females is shredding their clothes? ...i wouldn't be surprised if suddenly Nanoha adresses Yuuno as a sneaking pervert or Chrno getting secret hots for Fate xDU).
Old 2010-07-24, 11:11   Link #11099
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Huh, you know what's interesting, Keroko?

I said the EXACT same thing just a month ago.

Everyone laughed at it and I ended up deleting the images I used.

*Glares at certain people.*
Well I'm still glaring at Vivid for it's complete lack of a coherent plot despite dangling various plotlines in front of us like one dangles meat in front of rabid dogs (seriously, lack of serious plot or drama? Then what was that 'walking into the flames while the girl stares at your retreating back' flashback you had Ein go through? Comedy?) but I still enjoy the tasty nuggets Vivid does toss us, that being a look at the more casual Mid lifestyle, screentime for the new guys, a look at what the various members of the cast are doing now that there's no longer a doomsday fortress in the sky, and seeing where they went with their lives after said doomsday fortress got blown up.
Old 2010-07-24, 11:14   Link #11100
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Well I'm still glaring at Vivid for it's complete lack of a coherent plot despite dangling various plotlines in front of us like one dangles meat in front of rabid dogs (seriously, lack of serious plot or drama? Then what was that 'walking into the flames while the girl stares at your retreating back' flashback you had Ein go through? Comedy?) but I still enjoy the tasty nuggets Vivid does toss us, that being a look at the more casual Mid lifestyle, screentime for the new guys, a look at what the various members of the cast are doing now that there's no longer a doomsday fortress in the sky, and seeing where they went with their lives after said doomsday fortress got blown up.
heck, Keroko, the image I used said that the only reason I read ViVid is because of the character development that everyone's getting...

But SOME *glares at people* people laughed at it and shot it down, so, since no one else said anything, I assumed everyone felt the same way, and deleted it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen