AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-24, 16:43   Link #12041
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Ah, OK. I though it was some new magitek thing they were introducing. I should have looked for a more mundane answer first

Pretty neat that they incorporate that sort of thing into the regular TSAB uniform...

Drama~
Old 2010-08-24, 16:44   Link #12042
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
The new chapter looks like another whammy one. Now everyone is down thanks to Thoma's mad powers. Don't like how Fate just passed out but it surely fills my heart with joy to see Cypha powerless on the floor like that.

Looks like whatever Thoma has unleashed hits cyborgs and EC infectees the hardest (though Fortis seems rather fit, shielded, perhaps?). If all Subaru's systems are disabled, it is gonna suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Most important(for me ), Isis breaking her chains without a sweat and later arming herself with a barrier jacket. That's it, my bets are on unregistered Combat Cyborg. Or maybe Artificial Mage + Combat Cyborg (how that's even possible I don't know, as Spaghetti for that)
She is obviously a combat cyborg IMO. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Edit: based on her breaking chains, I'm gonna says Isis is the secret constructed cyborg love child of Teana and Subaru.
I like that idea!

EDIT: Dead!Fate? Do not want. Almost as little want as Dead!Signum.
Old 2010-08-24, 16:47   Link #12043
Megaolix

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Drama~
Drama? We're about to get some. The ship is going down and the pilot is out. It won't be hard to guess what will happen to those unconscious inside if someone doesn't do something fast...
Old 2010-08-24, 16:56   Link #12044
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Really? I thought it was Automatic Eclipse Defense. But then again since we don't know how the new equipments are suppose to work for defense, or whether they have such a feature yet...
It could mean that too, but my reasoning is that cardiac arrest happens far more often than H4X Sign [Pwn Everything] Divide Zero - Eclipse , so having the a feature that kickstarts stalled hearts seems more likely.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:13   Link #12045
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
It could mean that too, but my reasoning is that cardiac arrest happens far more often than H4X Sign [Pwn Everything] Divide Zero - Eclipse , so having the a feature that kickstarts stalled hearts seems more likely.
Well, given the level of intel they have to prepare these weapons in advance, it could be more of an Eclipse Defense function.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:23   Link #12046
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
The new chapter looks like another whammy one. Now everyone is down thanks to Thoma's mad powers. Don't like how Fate just passed out but it surely fills my heart with joy to see Cypha powerless on the floor like that.
I'm curious on why such crazy power only manifested on Thoma, since it looks obvious that not even the Huckebein was prepared for it. My guess is that it has something to do with Lily; signs that she's not a failure after all?

Quote:
She is obviously a combat cyborg IMO. ^^
Well I was always wondering why Jail has two super-soldier project. Maybe his ultimate goal is actually combining both? Or maybe that's the idea of whoever Isis is running away from . Why not? It's not like there's a rule that Thoma's the only one with unusual features But yeah as of right now she's probably just a combat cyborg. Just how did she remain unaccounted all these years?

Quote:
Ah sorry, when I first look at the spoiler, I didn't notice that Fate's not the only one with it. My mistake . That's quite a useful feature
Old 2010-08-24, 17:29   Link #12047
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Considering that it was mentioned that some people are going into cardiac arrest, AED probably stands for Automatic External Defibrillator. In this case, magical shock paddles meant to restart the heart.
I really like this idea.

Only Lucino and Fate seem to have activated AED, so it doesn't seem to be an anti-Eclipse thing if Erio and Subaru don't even have it.

And all this while, I'm still wondering where Teana is.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-08-24, 17:30   Link #12048
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She's in their ship, sabotaging their systems. :V
Old 2010-08-24, 17:37   Link #12049
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
And all this while, I'm still wondering where Teana is.
Maybe she and Signum are going to be the one brooding over the deaths(incapacitation?) of their comrades?
Teana: "Four years ago my entire task force was slaughtered, and the Bureau just f_cking watched."

And thus, Teana's spin-off was born

Jokes aside, maybe she (and whatever reinforcement she can muster) would pull a big damn heroes moment, preventing the ships from crashing as well as coordinating the damage control. Though I doubt she would be able to handle the whole Eclipse situation.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-08-24 at 17:50.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:44   Link #12050
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Quote:
I'm curious on why such crazy power only manifested on Thoma, since it looks obvious that not even the Huckebein was prepared for it. My guess is that it has something to do with Lily; signs that she's not a failure after all?
Well, judging by the exposition from last chapter, Thoma's infection is more advanced than any of the Hucks', so maybe it's something to do with that. But it also could be to do with Lily - Cypha's exposition seems to indicate that there's some significant difference between Stroseks and inanimate Reactor Plugs. So even if she failed to do what the ESDs in chapter 1 were hoping of her, she could still be quite a powerful Reactor...
Old 2010-08-24, 18:06   Link #12051
Random Wanderer

I'd say it's due to the book. It seems to be following Touma and Lily. Presumably it has some connection to the Eclipse Virus, since it only appears when Touma is in infected mode. But while I could be wrong, it looked like none of the other Huckebain seemed to have it, so it may be what makes Touma special compared to an ordinary Eclipse victim.

Was not really expecting this. Annoying... this chapter isn't even translated yet, and I already want to know what happens after it. Curse you all!
Old 2010-08-24, 18:26   Link #12052
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nah, closer to Trial System than it Trans-AM Burst.
Hmm...

Thoma: First comes destruction. I bring forth nothing, I bless nothing, I save nothing. SHATTER!

Quote:
Considering that it was mentioned that some people are going into cardiac arrest, AED probably stands for Automatic External Defibrillator. In this case, magical shock paddles meant to restart the heart.

Fate's heart stopped. She's clinically dead until her ticker gets back to beating. The same goes for a number of other TSAB members caught in the effect.
AED is also the standard medical acronym for that device. Good thing it's all integrated or Shamal's going to need a lot of crash carts.

AOE Heartstopping. Thoma, you just outdid Hei for a while there.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:34   Link #12053
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

I wonder if there is a reason why some people go into cardiac arrest but others don't.
Old 2010-08-24, 18:40   Link #12054
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It seems to be that those with lesser defences or stamina go into AR/AS. Though I can't explain why Shamal seems totally unaffected. Or maybe she pushed 2mils of crenatropine as the spell hit to for her heart to keep going?
Old 2010-08-24, 18:58   Link #12055
aers
*Fansubber

Chapter 10 is supposed to be in this month's Nyantype too, so we should get some further resolution..in about 4-5 days..

This is of course the Nyantype that's been advertised as "the main star finally appears in force" talking about Nanoha..

..so it better have Fortress. All I'm sayin.
Old 2010-08-24, 21:38   Link #12056
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

mm, poor Fate.

Now I have to read it to find out what aed is all about.
Old 2010-08-24, 22:23   Link #12057
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
I wonder if there is a reason why some people go into cardiac arrest but others don't.
Some things affect certain people more than others. There's precedent for that in real-life medical science, although it's usually medicines, drugs, or chemicals rather than bizarre energy fields. It may be a simple physiological vulnerability like an allergy, or it may be something more complex. But this would hardly be the first time in science fiction when a widespread effect that knocks many people out proves fatal or nearly-fatal to a fraction of them.
Old 2010-08-24, 22:28   Link #12058
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
You know, this whole situation is weird. A new chapter is published in a takubon before the magazine run? Can't say I've seen that happen before.
Old 2010-08-24, 22:54   Link #12059
aers
*Fansubber

Who knows. They specifically said Next Month - Ch 9 Part 2, Ch 10 (and 10's title was ?????). Probably just to build suspense, tbh.
Old 2010-08-25, 00:04   Link #12060
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Who knows. They specifically said Next Month - Ch 9 Part 2, Ch 10 (and 10's title was ?????). Probably just to build suspense, tbh.
Wait, so what we're seeing is Ch. 9 part 2, not 10 yet? Can you share on what's exactly being announced about all this?

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen