AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-15, 18:19   Link #33781
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
No Explanation will Be Good Enough
*giggles incoherently* Awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
EDIT: Totally canon!!!! XDDDD Where do you think it'll go in the Chronology? Before "Things We Tame", or after?? XD
I'd suggest as late as possible, since the more comfortable they all are with the situation and each other, the easier it is to imagine that they all collapse in helpless laughter after the end of the narrative.

Alternatively, as early as possible to make a side-fic of Nanoha and Fate's elaborate punishment for Hayate (and more serious one for Vivio).

And yes. I exist. I'm just dead tired from my vacation away from internet. I hope to have edited chapters soon to show for it, though.
Old 2011-08-15, 18:22   Link #33782
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
That is priceless, there's nothing better for ruining a good time than something exploding... believe me, I know. Non romantic example and my bed didn't so much explode as splinter and collapse but the point stands.

And that folks is why you should always do dangerous research into your girlfriends possesions in your designated sleeping rooms... less possibility for bad things to happen that way.
*nodnod* Explosions or just the bed falling apart is pretty damn unsexy. Of course, you could see it as an accomplishment afterwards but still...
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:26   Link #33783
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
I have no idea of how the saint's armor works ^^;, or even what it is. Anyone?

She has a good motivation for being sneaky here. =D Imagine you having this beautiful, hot girlfriend 13 years younger than you upstairs in bed and what do you do? Stay on the coach? Bwah! The Yagami is no fool.

I simply felt that I had to do -something- after you made Hayate commit suicide xD. The forces of the universe must be kept in balance.
(Extra comments after re-reading the fic again: I also liked how you had Fate scanning the room for threats while Nanoha scanned for her daughter. Not to say that Fate loves Vivio less, but she understands the priorities of a situation just because of her experience . It's a nice bit of characterization for both of them.)

The Saint's Armour, by my understanding, is a natural shield that Vivio can form around herself when she gets attacked? She apparently lost this ability after StrikerS, but it could be interesting to have in the Files. I don't know enough about it though, to really judge on how to use it properly and such . Dezo did a good job of explaining a version of it in his MagicalLibrarian!Vivio story... How I see it possibly coming in this fic is that Vivio wouldn't need a pre-set shield spell (I noted that Hayate had given that necklace to her, a nice gesture that's both general "I love my girlfriend" sweet, and "I know what danger my girlfriend gets into on a daily basis so I want to keep her safe" sweet ), but just simply putting herself bodily between Hayate and the explosion would protect them?

No, Hayate is not a fool!

Bwahaha, if me writing depressing Hayate stories results in more of these awesome shorts from you, then I'll have to whip out more!

More commentary on the fic: I realize that part of the reason why Sacred Heart set off a defensive explosion was unclear--I remember you mentioning that Hayate lets off magical energy when she's aroused in "Things We Tame", but maybe dropping a mention of that in this fic will make the mechanism of the accident more obvious?

Quote:
Also, I imagine this happening sometime after The Things We Tame, after Vivio's deployment. I can't imagine Nanoha still being in denial about them being physical after having seen them like this, explosion or not.
Noted on the time-frame, I'll add it to the Chronology ^^.

Quote:
Because in all honesty, explosions don't get you naked. Girlfriends do.
*Snicker* A fact that Nanoha knows well?

*Hayate gives a friendly, defeated wave*
Fate: ...
Nanoha: ...
Raising Heart: Count 20, 19, 18...
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:29   Link #33784
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Raising Heart: Count 20, 19, 18...
I think Hayate should use those last seconds to flee, before world war 3 explodes in her face...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:36   Link #33785
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
The Saint's Armour, by my understanding, is a natural shield that Vivio can form around herself when she gets attacked? She apparently lost this ability after StrikerS, but it could be interesting to have in the Files. I don't know enough about it though, to really judge on how to use it properly and such . Dezo did a good job of explaining a version of it in his MagicalLibrarian!Vivio story... How I see it possibly coming in this fic is that Vivio wouldn't need a pre-set shield spell (I noted that Hayate had given that necklace to her, a nice gesture that's both general "I love my girlfriend" sweet, and "I know what danger my girlfriend gets into on a daily basis so I want to keep her safe" sweet ), but just simply putting herself bodily between Hayate and the explosion would protect them?
Oh, I forgot completely about that. Well, maybe because the saint armor only covers Vivio then? If she just uses her body, Hayate might still lose a limb or two ^_^. I'm not sure how our take on the armour should be actually, let's cross that bridge when we get there shall we?

Quote:
Bwahaha, if me writing depressing Hayate stories results in more of these awesome shorts from you, then I'll have to whip out more!
Crappers.

Quote:
More commentary on the fic: I realize that part of the reason why Sacred Heart set off a defensive explosion was unclear--I remember you mentioning that Hayate lets off magical energy when she's aroused in "Things We Tame", but maybe dropping a mention of that in this fic will make the mechanism of the accident more obvious?
I didn't give it much thought. I needed an explosion. Hayate messing up a rune and pissing Sacred heart off seemed a logical thing to do, hence this. xD And oh, Hayate's little shexy mage display only happens when erh... Vivio is really landing her apollo 13 on the surface of Hayate's moon with such thunder that Hayate cannot help but lose it. Her control is per normal quite surgical.

Quote:
Raising Heart: [B]Count 20, 19, 18...[/B
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
I think Hayate should use those last seconds to flee, before world war 3 explodes in her face...
You know, if any of you feel like write a short on the follow up to this, you have my blessing.
Old 2011-08-15, 18:38   Link #33786
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I'd suggest as late as possible, since the more comfortable they all are with the situation and each other, the easier it is to imagine that they all collapse in helpless laughter after the end of the narrative.

Alternatively, as early as possible to make a side-fic of Nanoha and Fate's elaborate punishment for Hayate (and more serious one for Vivio).

And yes. I exist. I'm just dead tired from my vacation away from internet. I hope to have edited chapters soon to show for it, though.
True, depending on how this event will be remembered down the road, it could affect where it goes in the chronology . Since I love either outcome XD, I'll leave it up to Shigan to decide . So far it looks to be not too long after "Things We Tame"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
Hayate is a smart woman--she knows that there's no way she can escape Fate's speed . She might as well take it like a woman and die under her girlfriend XDDDDD....

EDIT:
Quote:
Oh, I forgot completely about that. Well, maybe because the saint armor only covers Vivio then? If she just uses her body, Hayate might still lose a limb or two ^_^. I'm not sure how our take on the armour should be actually, let's cross that bridge when we get there shall we?
Easy solution, works!

Quote:
I didn't give it much thought. I needed an explosion. Hayate messing up a rune and pissing Sacred heart off seemed a logical thing to do, hence this. xD And oh, Hayate's little shexy mage display only happens when erh... Vivio is really landing her apollo 13 on the surface of Hayate's moon with such thunder that Hayate cannot help but lose it. Her control is per normal quite surgical.
LOL, I see! Either way, maybe a bit of explanation around the reason for the explosion would be nice, since I had thought that it was Hayate accidentally setting something off due to the foreplay, but it seems I was wrong! XD;;
Old 2011-08-15, 18:43   Link #33787
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
True, depending on how this event will be remembered down the road, it could affect where it goes in the chronology . Since I love either outcome XD, I'll leave it up to Shigan to decide . So far it looks to be not too long after "Things We Tame"?
At least six months after Tame , I really have no details for this. This wasn't exactly a brainy thing to execute. Fun thou xD.

Quote:
Hayate is a smart woman--she knows that there's no way she can escape Fate's speed . She might as well take it like a woman and die under her girlfriend XDDDDD....
*nod* there are far worse ways to die than doing so while being squeezed against an ample beautiful bosom. And considering who that bosom belongs to, I had actually say that staying there improves Hayate's chances for survival.
Old 2011-08-15, 18:45   Link #33788
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
LOL, I see! Either way, maybe a bit of explanation around the reason for the explosion would be nice, since I had thought that it was Hayate accidentally setting something off due to the foreplay, but it seems I was wrong! XD;;
Actually, that was exactly what happened. Rune work is careful, exact work after all ^^.
Old 2011-08-15, 18:50   Link #33789
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Added the story to the Files Chronology in my signature, btw ^^. (Note, Shigan: You missed the link to Part 4 in "Things We Tame" in the post of the final part =O).

Quote:
*nod* there are far worse ways to die than doing so while being squeezed against an ample beautiful bosom. And considering who that bosom belongs to, I had actually say that staying there improves Hayate's chances for survival.
Yes, it's probably the safest place to be at the moment XD.

Quote:
Actually, that was exactly what happened. Rune work is careful, exact work after all ^^.
Ah, I see! I think I was confused at how the foreplay had affected it--did Hayate's hand slip and cause a streak, or did she hit the wrong Rune to close the program, etc? XD Not a big deal, but I'm curious!
Old 2011-08-15, 18:50   Link #33790
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Hmm. I guess my return wasn't all that great.
Old 2011-08-15, 18:58   Link #33791
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Ah, I see! I think I was confused at how the foreplay had affected it--did Hayate's hand slip and cause a streak, or did she hit the wrong Rune to close the program, etc? XD Not a big deal, but I'm curious!
Perhaps you could write a follow up where Shari's scientific curiosity makes her ask a shipload of awkward questions about the hows and whys? =D

I imagined it being Hayate drawing a wrong line somewhere, and this either altering a rune or simply triggering something in SH's programming that made the device think it was being manually hacked, thus triggering a defensive attack-spell.

Also, I've tried and tried and tried to get chapter 4 to show in that dratted post. It won't for some ungodly reason. I'll look into it. *sigh*
Old 2011-08-15, 19:21   Link #33792
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Hmm. I guess my return wasn't all that great.
Needs more quality father/Materials time.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 19:27   Link #33793
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
I second this motion!
Old 2011-08-15, 19:30   Link #33794
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Ehh. I might get there following the last chapter of the A's arc, the events of the PSP game come after A's.

Sadly, the lack of response for the last two Food For Thoughts make me feel there's a lack of interest in it, so finding more motivation to write it is proving difficult.
Old 2011-08-15, 19:34   Link #33795
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Ehh. I might get there following the last chapter of the A's arc, the events of the PSP game come after A's.

Sadly, the lack of response for the last two Food For Thoughts make me feel there's a lack of interest in it, so finding more motivation to write it is proving difficult.
Eh, don't worry about that, Tempy.

I barely get any responses to my stuff around here at times.

People still read it though.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 19:34   Link #33796
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I second this motion!
can we say now Motion carried?
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 19:40   Link #33797
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Actually, the Saint Armor is some sort of a skin shield I think, so while Vivio might survive a nuclear bomb her clothes would still be gone.

Really awesome read there!
Old 2011-08-15, 19:41   Link #33798
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
I know how you feel, man. I know how you feel. Sometimes it seems like you have to have Lutecia/Vivio or Vivio/Hayate in your fic to get any attention around here
Old 2011-08-15, 19:52   Link #33799
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Jeez, disappear from the forum for one night and the thread grows several pages while you're gone. Reminds me of the good old days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Say, when you guys plan to write long stories, what do you do to ensure consistency? Make short notes? Design a timeline? Etc?
When I write long stories (mostly in the case of Rain, since I can't really cite Shadowverse considering how that all turned out) I tend to make notes of certain things I want to happen, and try to include them in specific chapters. That way I know what points I've hit and where I need to go from there.
Old 2011-08-15, 19:53   Link #33800
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Well, those people really just get on a posting high when they see something that causes them to go squee while anyone else just lurks, reads, goes 'meh' and moves on more or less.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha