AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-10, 17:17   Link #801
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Who does?
The Macross Frontier Senate and until his unfortunate demise President Glass. Plus at least one Brute Squad.
Old 2008-09-10, 17:20   Link #802
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Maybe Sheryl will get better and move on and Alto can take up with Klan as "comfort to her" over the loss of her one true love... Alto would understand. He's so ambivalent anyways...
Oh please. "One true love" that's so teen drama. Klan's a woman, a working woman that knows how to get a job done. Even if he hadn't died, she'd have have left him in the dust eventually. And there's no way she'd settle for a loser like Alto either. She barely tolerated Mikhail, and that was only because of their childhood relationship. No way a relative stranger and dramaqueen like Alto would interest her.
Old 2008-09-10, 17:27   Link #803
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Alto's VF-25 ran away with Luca's. So I don't think its a matter of Alto betraying it.
Hime & Shota mecha running off together? IS there a subgenre of Yaoi Mech in anime?
Old 2008-09-10, 17:38   Link #804
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You know, female characters don't have to spent the rests of their lives pining away over their lost loves. Such a thing is as useless as the crush Ranka had on Alto.

Klan's a grown woman, more mature than most her age, and the fact is she and Mikhail didn't really even start anything. She can and will move on, and probably already has begun to do so.
tell that to Yoko from TTGL! or even Simon on the male side!
Old 2008-09-10, 17:43   Link #805
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Hime & Shota mecha running off together? IS there a subgenre of Yaoi Mech in anime?
Sugenre? Isn't that pretty much the whole genre? (Freedom and Justice? Gurren and Lagann?)
Old 2008-09-10, 17:53   Link #806
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
tell that to Yoko from TTGL! or even Simon on the male side!
Those two are clearly idiots.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:03   Link #807
aneeshadc

Quote:
Alto and Klan looked pretty good together!
I thought they looked really cute together too, It was kind of nice, I felt a natural famailial vibe around them which probably could grow into something special. (gradually over time & if awesome Sheryl wasnt in the picture.) But Sheryl/Alto is still my OTP.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:05   Link #808
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Regardless of how awesome Klan is, she is no substitute for the Galactic Fairy. If Kawamori intends to kill Sheryl so that Alto and Klan could be hooked up in season II, I don't think I'd forgive him.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:12   Link #809
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Klan would never settle for anyone except for the real Micheal. I dont know how i would feel for him to be brought back. He was a great character and the only damn sniper apparently on Frontier. But bringing him back negate all the things that Klan tried to instill in Alto in episode 22. I cant say that i would hate it but it would be weird and i think it would hurt the over all rating on the series. The only saving grace for him to return would be to see the smile on Klan face which might be worth it.
Oh ya, I definitely agree. I wasnt talking abt this season MF or even a 2nd season one. I dont know abt Macross OVA's & spinoff's but most anime OVA's & spinoffs dont stay completely true to the original series, so I thought it was kay for a silly romantic girl to hope that her wistful dreams become a reality.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:16   Link #810
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Regardless of how awesome Klan is, she is no substitute for the Galactic Fairy. If Kawamori intends to kill Sheryl so that Alto and Klan could be hooked up in season II, I don't think I'd forgive him.

- Tak
I second that.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:27   Link #811
aneeshadc

I just cant wait for ep 23, I'm probably one of the few people who isnt hoping for a 2nd season. I want everything to be wrapped up this season, so I dont have to go through painfull anticipation of ep releases for weeks. Luckily, I'm busy with my university courses now, so I'm not as restless as I was during my vacation.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:28   Link #812
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

^ you know, you can edit your 3 posts into 1... instead of replying to yourself 3 times in a row.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-10, 18:35   Link #813
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
^ you know, you can edit your 3 posts into 1... instead of replying to yourself 3 times in a row.
I know, I forgot earlier but am too lazy to do it nw, Its not exactly bothering anyone, so cn I just leave it like that, pretty please?
Old 2008-09-10, 18:40   Link #814
Wesley84

If there's a second season, I hope it focuses more on military and political themes, with absolutely no singing or idols of any kind. Make it more intelligent and grown up.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:44   Link #815
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
If there's a second season, I hope it focuses more on military and political themes, with absolutely no singing or idols of any kind. Make it more intelligent and grown up.
Turn Macross into Ghost in the Shell?
Old 2008-09-10, 18:45   Link #816
wolfboy
:3

Quote:
That's not Macross...
Old 2008-09-10, 19:03   Link #817
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
That's not Macross...
Wouldn't waste time reasoning with him. For someone to even think about getting rid of music in Macross? Heh, yeah, go ahead, just miss the point of Macross.

Wesley84, why do you even watch this show?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-10, 19:20   Link #818
Deryns

Very nice episode vast improvement over ep 21.

Been awhile due to hurricanes and bandwidth issues( stupid provider) since I could post consistently. Reading has been fun though.
Old 2008-09-10, 19:29   Link #819
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
That's not Macross...
It was in the first series. Not like the teen drama that was Frontier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryns View Post
Very nice episode vast improvement over ep 21.
All because of Sheryl I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeruleaFeng View Post
Turn Macross into Ghost in the Shell?
Not that military, and I definiently don't need more cyber philosphy rammed up my ass again thankyouverymuch.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:06   Link #820
Deryns

Quote:
All because of Sheryl I'm sure.
Actually I was referring to the choice of the SMS, the Alto and Klan interaction, and the dogfight scene. While I generally support Sheryl over Ranka as far as the triangle goes the lack of or emphasis of one or the other does not make or break an episode for me. Episode 21's overall storytelling just seemed subpar with the timeskip, lack of reaction to a major death and just had a very "rushed" feeling. Trying to do to much at once I guess.
Closed Thread