AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-30, 01:02   Link #1
Akuma

Chrno crusade paused?!

Episode 21 was such a weird episode. They tried to cram too much of the story into the one episode.

Anyways, the next episode of Chrno crusade is supposedly showing on May 19 (Wednesday) 2:58am. Does anyone know why there is such a long break before the next episode?
Old 2004-04-30, 08:04   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

Because it's Fuji TV... They like scheduling things like this.
Old 2004-04-30, 08:48   Link #3
jordanlim4

bcos next week is the Golden holiday week for all japanese... that's why
Old 2004-04-30, 10:34   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanlim4
bcos next week is the Golden holiday week for all japanese... that's why
Though Golden Week doesn't exactly last for two~ three weeks...

More like they're preempting the slot for a special program (might have to do with golden week, might not)... They tend to do that alot.
Old 2004-04-30, 11:49   Link #5
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Though Golden Week doesn't exactly last for two~ three weeks...

More like they're preempting the slot for a special program (might have to do with golden week, might not)... They tend to do that alot.
Or maybe they are finding a way to end it series in the worst possible way. Gonzo should not do any anime series thats based on a manga because their past history has showed that they always try to do things their own way instead of following the manga a bit closer.
Old 2004-04-30, 13:21   Link #6
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Or maybe they are finding a way to end it series in the worst possible way. Gonzo should not do any anime series thats based on a manga because their past history has showed that they always try to do things their own way instead of following the manga a bit closer.
So? What's wrong with an anime that doesn't follow the manga 100%? An anime that does follow a manga perfectly takes away everything from the manga, and there is no point in getting the manga after watching the anime or vice versa (in some cases). This way, GONZO actually MAKES people get the manga, since the anime is so different. There's really nothing wrong with that.
Old 2004-04-30, 14:19   Link #7
Kaka
罪人クロノ

yes, thanks to the anime, now I love the manga so much

if there wasn't an anime, I probably wouldn't know about the manga
Old 2004-05-02, 10:16   Link #8
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
yes, thanks to the anime, now I love the manga so much

if there wasn't an anime, I probably wouldn't know about the manga
I feel the same way too. When I was young, I don't even care about manga. For me, it was very easy to get most of the series. (cuz i was living in taiwan ). If not because of sailor moon which got meinto anime, i will probably never like anime or manga for my whole live.

It is really good to be an OTAKU.

Back to CC!

I think the pause is due to the fact that they might want to end this series at the end of this season rather than in the middle of it and find some filler to fill the space or start the next series early. NEXT Season starts in end of June or early July.
Old 2004-05-02, 14:55   Link #9
InuChrno

Quote:
So? What's wrong with an anime that doesn't follow the manga 100%? An anime that does follow a manga perfectly takes away everything from the manga, and there is no point in getting the manga after watching the anime or vice versa (in some cases). This way, GONZO actually MAKES people get the manga, since the anime is so different. There's really nothing wrong with that.

I agree, I think that it's good, also cuz if the anime series ends, you can go and read the manga and it's like a whole new story with the same characters you like.
Old 2004-05-02, 23:00   Link #10
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
You see, you're only look at it from once side. What about people who have already read the manga or the one's that are currently reading it? They would love to see how well the show follows the manga they so love but then it goes in a totally new direction.

And i'm not saying they have to follow the manga exactly, they could try to stay close to it. The thing i really hate is how they change around some of the characters personality, this is actually making me have less interest in the show and that was before i saw the manga.

I just want the anime to be good thats all, because even if i do read the manga i would still like to enjoy the anime just as much and maybe even buy it when its released.
Old 2004-05-03, 01:07   Link #11
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
And i'm not saying they have to follow the manga exactly, they could try to stay close to it. The thing i really hate is how they change around some of the characters personality, this is actually making me have less interest in the show and that was before i saw the manga.
yes, especially aion...........
and I feel rosette is kinda different from the manga too
o.....forgot about vid........the anime made him like he's some kind of monster who doesn't speak but a line or 2

after I read vol.5, I was like....."oh, screw ep19 and 20.........."
the episodes just couldn't draw my attention to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by suires
I feel the same way too. When I was young, I don't even care about manga. For me, it was very easy to get most of the series. (cuz i was living in taiwan ). If not because of sailor moon which got meinto anime, i will probably never like anime or manga for my whole live.
actually I was talking about manga of chrno and anime of chrno ^^bb
Old 2004-05-03, 14:54   Link #12
suires
たこ焼き名人

Oh.. oooops....

actually, i only read 17 chapters of cc manga. I like it so far but from reading other people's comment, I think I will enjoy two different version of cc. Personallly, I like anime up to this point.
Old 2004-05-03, 23:46   Link #13
Kaka
罪人クロノ

maybe you will change your mind when you read up to the climax? ^^bb
since personally I think one of those bigger climax starts in vol.5...........I liked the anime until I read up to vol. 5 and watched up to ep19 ^^bbb
Closed Thread