AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 19:56   Link #241
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Being a fairly hardcore CRPG fan, as a rule I don't like jRPGs (with a few notable exceptions), so my dislike for .hack// is not terribly surprising.
The problem with .hack (atleast how i saw it) was that I'd never seen a show so hellbent on never showing an action sequence within the game...You'd have a scene where one character was about to fight another character with a scepter or something and the second before their weapons clash the camera would pan to some idle background setting and you'd hear the fighting but would never see it...And this would happen for every action scene in the show...It was just weird...

Always liked the animation of the various series though which is why I probably watched every version shown on cartoon network during the mid-00's run...
Old 2010-01-14, 20:35   Link #242
SuperSaiyanOver9000

Green Green

people are so immature sometimes!
Old 2010-01-14, 20:38   Link #243
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirbelwind8 View Post
I wouldn't say all of them were "totally awesome" I like the first two like "Tree of Might" and "Worlds Strongest" (personal favorite). The others were mediocre.
Well, you just have to appreciate that fights do not (because they can't) last 6 hours. But yea, I guess a few of them aren't too good.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-01-16, 12:14   Link #244
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
The problem with .hack (atleast how i saw it) was that I'd never seen a show so hellbent on never showing an action sequence within the game...You'd have a scene where one character was about to fight another character with a scepter or something and the second before their weapons clash the camera would pan to some idle background setting and you'd hear the fighting but would never see it...And this would happen for every action scene in the show...It was just weird...
Yeah, that was probably the .hack Roots anime's biggest weakness. It avoided showing action scenes like the plague.

Aside from that, and the slow pacing, I liked. hack Roots though.
Old 2010-01-19, 19:21   Link #245
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Oh I totally forgot about Kyoshiro To Towa No Sora.

EVERYBODY seems to hate that anime on this forum but I like it. I guess it gets so much hatred because it's one of the less sleezy, less yuri-focused anime from KAISHAKU.... It's just a love story (maybe cliche but harmless for sure) between a guy and a girl....why is that so wrong!?
Old 2010-01-22, 06:01   Link #246
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

EVERYBODY seems to hate that anime on this forum but I like it. I guess it gets so much hatred because it's one of the less sleezy, less yuri-focused anime from KAISHAKU.... It's just a love story (maybe cliche but harmless for sure) between a guy and a girl....why is that so wrong!?
I loved that show. It was just so blissfully over the top that I enjoyed every minute. With moments like girl gets saved by her 'prince' on a white horse, or the bad guy who acted like the evil twin of Tamaki out of Ouran, it was almost like they were deliberately parodying themselves.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:22   Link #247
Socke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanOver9000 View Post
Green Green

people are so immature sometimes!
Seconded. Also Kanokon and Girls Bravo for similar reason.
Old 2010-01-22, 15:48   Link #248
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I loved that show. It was just so blissfully over the top that I enjoyed every minute. With moments like girl gets saved by her 'prince' on a white horse, or the bad guy who acted like the evil twin of Tamaki out of Ouran, it was almost like they were deliberately parodying themselves.
Horray.

Quote:
Seconded. Also Kanokon and Girls Bravo for similar reason.
Actually I find both of those just plain.....gross. Like in bad taste.
Old 2010-01-22, 18:21   Link #249
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

It's not wrong. Yuri fanboys aside, some of us who complain about the lack of yuri with actual yuri in it are not just guys looking for something to jerk off to.

Some of us are actually gay women, who want to... enjoy a romance they can more easily identify with. Het romance just seems wrong/off/strange, but that's probably because rainbows are straighter than me.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:13   Link #250
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Yosuga no Sora

Flawed? Yes. Trainwreck? Sort of. End like School Days? Obviously no. Maybe not in Animesuki but in every other anime forums that I went everyone seems to hate it. There's even some troll reviews in Anime-Planet and Myanimelist and mostly written by disappointed School Days fans who hoped this show will end like their beloved show but it aint happen. There is no bloodbath in its VN either. It is quite ironic that I can safely talk about YnS in Animesuki and compared my experience in Myanimelist for example. I believe YnS were hated because not just it wasn't good enough and also wasn't bad enough. Unlike School Days which is loved for its trainwreck-ness and many other shows were hated for same reason.

Amagami SS

Again not in Animesuki but pretty much other anime forums that I went hated this show even it gets little bit better treatment that YnS, maybe it lacked of sex scenes and incest(unless you count Miya's reaction when seeing Junichi naked). Again much like YnS it also hated for being "somewhere in between" show. Not like "ultra-good" like Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Monster or "ultra-bad" like School City Valanoir and Musashi Gundoh.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:28   Link #251
Amutox89
~ the odd one ~

anime I love but everyone hates...

Yu-Gi-Oh. (the original series, no GX or 5D's) It was such a huge part of my childhood, I will never stop loving it.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:41   Link #252
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Ya I know what you mean else where I seen plenty of people hate on K-ON for whatever reason.

Really?

Well, I guess I am one of those who really enjoyed this one that lots of other people dislike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
...Amagami SS

Again not in Animesuki but pretty much other anime forums that I went hated this show even it gets little bit better treatment that YnS, maybe it lacked of sex scenes and incest(unless you count Miya's reaction when seeing Junichi naked). Again much like YnS it also hated for being "somewhere in between" show. Not like "ultra-good" like Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Monster or "ultra-bad" like School City Valanoir and Musashi Gundoh.
This is a surprise for me too ... I enjoyed Amagami SS.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:55   Link #253
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Uhh.. It take hours if I gonna tell them all xD

CLANNAD
Air
Kanon
Haruhi (My Twin Sister Haruhi x'D)
Lucky Star (Sister Kona! x3)
K-On! (I love Yui~<3)
Oreimo (Oh My Little Sister!)
Toradora! (Taiga~<3)
Rozen Maiden (Suiseiseki desu~)
Kannagi
Shakugan no Shana

Etc. Etc.

And to think.. What kind of person who can relate the anime 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' from the very start? is it Otaku right? Otaku can understand the anime at first (like Clannad, and Lucky Star) because they can relate.. But unlike Naruto, Bleach, and Deathnote.. they catch the taste of an Otaku and not Otaku.. xD

Last edited by Garigari-kun; 2011-01-05 at 21:05.
Old 2011-01-06, 08:57   Link #254
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garigari-kun View Post
long list
What? Most of those shows are immensely popular.
Old 2011-01-06, 09:14   Link #255
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

School Days.

I don't care what anyone else says. It was awesome.
Old 2011-01-06, 16:06   Link #256
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Oh damn. I was wondering if there was a thread like this.

It would be Madlax. Whereas Noir is too serious and El Cazador is a tad goofy, I liked this one the most out of them because it's just the right mix of humor and drama. But I wouldn't say it's disliked, just not up to the same standard as Noir.

While we're at it, Fortune Arterial. I attribute it to nothing else but my like towards moelodrama.
GANBARIMASU

Last edited by Akito Kinomoto; 2011-04-13 at 11:04.
Old 2011-01-06, 19:41   Link #257
Garigari-kun
The Combat Otaku

Location: Hiding here in Closed Space with Haruhi, Konata, Nagi, and Kirino. Reading: Grimoire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
What? Most of those shows are immensely popular.
Y'know, If you are in my situation.. you will be gone mad.. So, that's why I keep on searching for an OTAKU friend.

Nendoroid © Good Smile Company
"I'm just one
Hell of a OTAKU"
Old 2011-04-05, 13:21   Link #258
Ryan Alexander

Trigun, it was a big part of my childhood.
Old 2011-04-05, 15:49   Link #259
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Alexander View Post
Trigun, it was a big part of my childhood.
And who hates trigun? :O
Old 2011-04-05, 17:27   Link #260
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And who hates trigun? :O
Lol nobody I know, srsly.