AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 13.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 20.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.80%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.80%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.80%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-21, 08:03   Link #181
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Great theory which make sense ! If only Shu's hater can read this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
They will still hate it anyway: They're complaining about how tedious and bad he is written, not about his story. Goddamn nitpickers.
Well, in defence of the Shu's haters, they are right about how Shu is badly written in this episode. There are different levels of tolerance for every people, so maybe one freak-out is okay, second seems pushing it, third seems over the top. For people like you and me who have high level of tolerance it's fine, but three freak-outs in a row seems too much for one episode.

And add that how he seems only to regret going out of Funeral Parlour when Gai said he's taking Inori back, still wants to keep in contact with her and making a move on Hare which has none whatsoever related with his PTSD, so yeah, besides Shu is having PTSD he also becomes out-of-control hormones guy, and there is nothing likeable about that.
Old 2011-12-21, 08:40   Link #182
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Eh, we saw the same thing in code geass after nunnally died -_- When people have a very big loss, they tend to reach out to people because they want to feel some comfort. Whether they actually like people is immaterial, it's just the act of touching/intimacy that helps them forget for a moment.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-12-21, 10:10   Link #183
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Well... I'm seeing such a convincing argument about justifying Makoto of School Days action before. Should I try to understanding him too?
Old 2011-12-21, 10:23   Link #184
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Eh, we saw the same thing in code geass after nunnally died -_- When people have a very big loss, they tend to reach out to people because they want to feel some comfort. Whether they actually like people is immaterial, it's just the act of touching/intimacy that helps them forget for a moment.
Unfortunately, this is our nature as humans I can genuinely be a little angry(or angry) about the actions he has done in regard to both Inori and Hare, but not really blame him given the current situation where he was. (especially with the nightmares and visions of his first trauma).
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Well... I'm seeing such a convincing argument about justifying Makoto of School Days action before. Should I try to understanding him too?
Nope,Makoto it's unjustifiable
Spoiler for spoiler:

Shu has made mistakes in this episode but at least it was not himself , at least in most of the episode ( though I even doubt it was himself at the time with hare now that I think of)

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-21 at 10:43.
Old 2011-12-21, 11:58   Link #185
blue_sora

Quote:
So losing Inori is a bigger loss than the Lost Christmas PTSD? That means Shu just want Hare's comfort for losing Inori, not his PTSD (of course that's the first factor, but Inori's gone was the 'push over the edge', so to speak, which Shu done to himself). Losing the emotionless girl that Shu barely knows about makes Shu being a jerk to his nice childhood friend makes him a hateable jerk to many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Unfortunately, this is our nature as humans I can genuinely be a little angry(or angry) about the actions he has done in regard to both Inori and Hare, but not really blame him given the current situation where he was. (especially with the nightmares and visions of his first trauma).

Shu has made mistakes in this episode but at least it was not himself , at least in most of the episode ( though I even doubt it was himself at the time with hare now that I think of)
Agreed, I don't hate Shu at all but I can see how many people was really angry with Shu. The writers should have stopped with he's calling Inori a monster, the Hare scene just was too much because it was after he lose Inori. If it was before maybe Shu's haters won't be angry so much. Actually with his obsession of Inori I think the Hare scene is himself because he wasn't having nightmares or trauma at that time
Old 2011-12-21, 12:28   Link #186
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_sora View Post
So losing Inori is a bigger loss than the Lost Christmas PTSD? That means Shu just want Hare's comfort for losing Inori, not his PTSD (of course that's the first factor, but Inori's gone was the 'push over the edge', so to speak, which Shu done to himself). Losing the emotionless girl that Shu barely knows about makes Shu being a jerk to his nice childhood friend makes him a hateable jerk to many people.
is not really that he has lost Inori. it would not surprise me if they make pace when he go to save everyone .
Quote:
Actually with his obsession of Inori I think the Hare scene is himself because he wasn't having nightmares or trauma at that time
True,He had no vision at that time ... but it was still weakened mentally for what had passed before, so it was not entirely himself. If he was really himself, I doubt he would have ever tried this with Hare (or at least I think so).Luckily, Hare gave him a wake up call

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-21 at 13:22.
Old 2011-12-21, 19:00   Link #187
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Well, in defence of the Shu's haters, they are right about how Shu is badly written in this episode. There are different levels of tolerance for every people, so maybe one freak-out is okay, second seems pushing it, third seems over the top. For people like you and me who have high level of tolerance it's fine, but three freak-outs in a row seems too much for one episode.
Meh? I don't see how he's "badly written". I mean I can't see why Shu cannot freak-out three times in a row in one episode when mental patients and rabies victims does it even worse.

I think three is letting him off easy. He should be immersed in fear, despair and insanity. Break him and let evil take root in his core. >: D

ALL HAIL LELOU- er... ALL HAIL SHU!

Edit: Joking aside, nitpicking like this isn't really gonna help. Say our situation: I cannot see how he's "badly written", and I'm not the only one. Unless we can all agree that GC is as "badly written" as some claim, we should really avoid the topic or risk flame wars.

And about Shu on Hare: Well, I'm just glad he did get slapped. Some heroes who get slapped and hasn't fallen over the moral event horizon still has a chance to get GAR later.

Last edited by djmaca; 2011-12-21 at 22:29.
Old 2011-12-21, 19:44   Link #188
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Lol, Makoto accidentally killed someone? When? Which school days were you watching?

Quote:
He didn't just lose Inori. He lost his sense of worth and what he felt was his place in life. Shu was never the type to betray people, he rather suck up other people's actions than confront them about it. But by killing someone he had promised to protect, he suddenly became one of those people who go around betraying other people, the kind he dislikes. Not to mention this was the brother of a friend of his, whom he still liked otherwise he wouldn't even have bothered asking Hare to go back so he could talk with his traitorbuddy alone. So basically massive amounts of guilt, self-loathing and doubt and if it's really coupled with his lost christmas trauma, it's no wonder he has nfi what he's doing because reality and hallucinations are mixing together very potently for him. Then he loses his place in the undertakers, which to him is at least a place where it seemed like people accepted him. (Hence the ironic part about Ayase going 'shu, we thought you were one of us -_-). Nobody else knows about what he's going through with his void powers except traitor buddy, the undertakers and Hare and basically he can't go to traitor buddy because the guilt is still too strong, the undertakers kicked him to the curb so only Hare is left.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-21 at 21:40. Reason: Do not double-post
Old 2011-12-22, 04:38   Link #189
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Lol, Makoto accidentally killed someone? When? Which school days were you watching?

He didn't just lose Inori. He lost his sense of worth and what he felt was his place in life. Shu was never the type to betray people, he rather suck up other people's actions than confront them about it. But by killing someone he had promised to protect, he suddenly became one of those people who go around betraying other people, the kind he dislikes. Not to mention this was the brother of a friend of his, whom he still liked otherwise he wouldn't even have bothered asking Hare to go back so he could talk with his traitorbuddy alone. So basically massive amounts of guilt, self-loathing and doubt and if it's really coupled with his lost christmas trauma, it's no wonder he has nfi what he's doing because reality and hallucinations are mixing together very potently for him. Then he loses his place in the undertakers, which to him is at least a place where it seemed like people accepted him. (Hence the ironic part about Ayase going 'shu, we thought you were one of us -_-). Nobody else knows about what he's going through with his void powers except traitor buddy, the undertakers and Hare and basically he can't go to traitor buddy because the guilt is still too strong, the undertakers kicked him to the curb so only Hare is left.
Looking at the past episodes and the events from this one, it suggests Inori has been largely the motivating factor behind his actions. If loosing his place in FP was his biggest concern, then that point would have been communicated sometime after that confrontation with Gai & Ayase. The only thing we heard from Shu after being kicked out was to ask for Inori's number to stay in touch.

I dont deny for a second that Shu truly does want to protect people and help FP's cause however flimsy his resolve maybe. He tried to convince Inori to leave with him on his initiation in the group, has shown many times his apathy towards doing what he needs/been asked to do and deceived Inori and his "friend" to stop any romantic developments as Inori was his.

If their plan was to show how devestating the effect of being kicked out of FP was having on Shu at that point, as you suggest, then atleast in my regards, they failed big time. If you were to wind the clock back to just before the incident with Jun and Inori asked Shu to leave with her, i'm stuggling to imagine him turning her down.
Old 2011-12-22, 04:57   Link #190
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

i didnt say it was his biggest concern -_- its when stacked with all the rest that really screws him over. although i wouldnt even say losing inori is his biggest loss/trauma this ep. it's really the guilt from killing the little brother in the previous one

Old 2011-12-22, 06:01   Link #191
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
i didnt say it was his biggest concern -_- its when stacked with all the rest that really screws him over. although i wouldnt even say losing inori is his biggest loss/trauma this ep. it's really the guilt from killing the little brother in the previous one
Well it looks like we have our wires crossed. I understand that you do not feel being booted from FP is causing his biggest distress. Its obvious from the start he is suffering from the guilt of failing to protect Jun which has re awakened memories that were repressed.

I'm refuting the idea that after loosing his place in FP, it was the biggest thing plaguing his mind and the tipping point that caused him to act the way he did with Hare. The first thing he does after being confronted by Gai and Ayase, is ask for Inori's number so they can stay in touch and is in tears after their farewell. Coupled with how obsessive and emotionally needy he has acted towards Inori and how apathetic he has been at times with FP, gives a very strong indication at his personal value system.
Old 2011-12-22, 07:19   Link #192
Soji

Quote:
obsessive and emotionally needy he has acted towards Inori
Now that you mentioned this.I think we can finally understand why Shu behaves/feel like this towards Inori and if I'm right I'm going to dislike Gai even more than I already doWe know that Shu it's a big fan of Inori this is clear from the first episode so it was normal if the 'Idol Shu like more crashing / entered in his life, he would wanted to be close to her especially if the Idol gives him the chance and encouraged him to do so. But we are sure that is just that that has made Shu so attached to inori and make him feel the way he feel about her? Honestly, I had some suspicion in the previous episodes when we found about the other girl, but this episode has confirmed what I thought.IS because Inori looks like that girl or even a clone of the same girl or have her as a second personality within herself.What I mean is because Shu is her fan and because Inori seems to have a link with that girl (whatever that link/relationship is)all this make Shu feel so strongly towards Inori.And because It seems Gai have the memories of the past that Shu don't remembers ,Gai has used this to his advantage to have Shu (and the power of king) on ​​his side.Or at least that's what I think.Now what will be interesting is to see how Shu will behaves with Inori once he remember that girl.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-22 at 07:32.
Old 2011-12-22, 07:37   Link #193
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post
Well it looks like we have our wires crossed. I understand that you do not feel being booted from FP is causing his biggest distress. Its obvious from the start he is suffering from the guilt of failing to protect Jun which has re awakened memories that were repressed.

I'm refuting the idea that after loosing his place in FP, it was the biggest thing plaguing his mind and the tipping point that caused him to act the way he did with Hare. The first thing he does after being confronted by Gai and Ayase, is ask for Inori's number so they can stay in touch and is in tears after their farewell. Coupled with how obsessive and emotionally needy he has acted towards Inori and how apathetic he has been at times with FP, gives a very strong indication at his personal value system.
He obviously values Inori more than FP, but that's not to say he doesn't value FP at all. Although tbf, I don't think much of FP either and still have nfi why it's rebelling. There's no widespread abuse of all japanese like there was in Code Geass and a lot of the things done on both sides seem to be because of an eye for an eye mentality.

although soji is probably correct that Shu is probably so attached to Inori cause she reminds him of the forgotten girl from his lost memories. The subconscious him is probably drawn to her. That and she's supposedly quite hot doesn't hurt either.

Old 2011-12-22, 07:56   Link #194
rakusukira

Quote:
He obviously values Inori more than FP, but that's not to say he doesn't value FP at all. Although tbf, I don't think much of FP either and still have nfi why it's rebelling. There's no widespread abuse of all japanese like there was in Code Geass and a lot of the things done on both sides seem to be because of an eye for an eye mentality.

although soji is probably correct that Shu is probably so attached to Inori cause she reminds him of the forgotten girl from his lost memories. The subconscious him is probably drawn to her. That and she's supposedly quite hot doesn't hurt either.
it's because it was Inori who told Shu to believe in himself
It was Inori who got him involved in FP's business and it turned him into something more than just a spectator

Everything all began when he met Inori in that building. losing Inori would make him trip... that's why his mental breakdown is kind of reasonable for me
Old 2011-12-22, 08:01   Link #195
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

so....Inori is shu's kamina? -_-

Old 2011-12-22, 08:11   Link #196
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Meh? I don't see how he's "badly written". I mean I can't see why Shu cannot freak-out three times in a row in one episode when mental patients and rabies victims does it even worse.

I think three is letting him off easy. He should be immersed in fear, despair and insanity. Break him and let evil take root in his core. >: D

ALL HAIL LELOU- er... ALL HAIL SHU!

Edit: Joking aside, nitpicking like this isn't really gonna help. Say our situation: I cannot see how he's "badly written", and I'm not the only one. Unless we can all agree that GC is as "badly written" as some claim, we should really avoid the topic or risk flame wars.

And about Shu on Hare: Well, I'm just glad he did get slapped. Some heroes who get slapped and hasn't fallen over the moral event horizon still has a chance to get GAR later.
I'll admit I'm more or less repeated what others said; for me I would call it bad pacing or timing. They don't establish Shu well enough at this point to make people sympathize with his situation. And I agree, the flame wars of 'how GC is badly written' (you know it's coming) should started after the series ended and avoided discuss it when it still ongoing. Maybe the series will be great at the second half.

So now for the hope that Shu will be GAR in episode 11!
Old 2011-12-22, 08:28   Link #197
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Now that you mentioned this.I think we can finally understand why Shu behaves/feel like this towards Inori and if I'm right I'm going to dislike Gai even more than I already doWe know that Shu it's a big fan of Inori this is clear from the first episode so it was normal if the 'Idol Shu like more crashing / entered in his life, he would wanted to be close to her especially if the Idol gives him the chance and encouraged him to do so. But we are sure that is just that that has made Shu so attached to inori and make him feel the way he feel about her? Honestly, I had some suspicion in the previous episodes when we found about the other girl, but this episode has confirmed what I thought.IS because Inori looks like that girl or even a clone of the same girl or have her as a second personality within herself.What I mean is because Shu is her fan and because Inori seems to have a link with that girl (whatever that link/relationship is)all this make Shu feel so strongly towards Inori.And because It seems Gai have the memories of the past that Shu don't remembers ,Gai has used this to his advantage to have Shu (and the power of king) on ​​his side.Or at least that's what I think.Now what will be interesting is to see how Shu will behaves with Inori once he remember that girl.
Yeah the resemblance to the girl that he failed to protect definitely seems to be the reason behind his obssesion with Inori. Personally i dont like it or their pseudo relationship as he has done and said morally questionable things because of it but it atleast it shows that his attraction towards Inori isn't strictly based on artifical grounds.

As for Gai, he is manipulating Shu but that wasn't originally part of his plans. He originally wanted to use the 'Power of Kings' on himself but Shu was the 'kink' in those plans so he had to improvise. Why i dislike Gai is mostly for being a Gary Stu and the fact that we've seen onscreen, him going through exactly what Shu is going through on an even more personal note. Yet he still doesn't even show a shred of human decency. Despite his militant personality he is the one who is best equipped to help pull Shu through this, especially with him being so integral to his plans.

With that said i was always under impression from the very start, that Gai was eventually going to become one of the main antagonists for the anime which would explain his Gary Stu-ism and make his betrayal all the more devestating to the members of FP. At this point im not sure if thats going to be the case.
Old 2011-12-22, 08:31   Link #198
Soji

blue_sora@Well from the preview
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-12-22, 08:55   Link #199
rakusukira

Keido and Kurosu wanted to accomplish something by using that stone.
Kurosu realized they might destroy the entire world with it so abandoned the operation.
Keido still wanted to do it.. which explain his "I won't stop" line at the end of episode 8..

that's my theory as of now..

i hope Shu man's up.. Inori and Gai are in trouble!!
Old 2011-12-22, 09:21   Link #200
Aqua Knight

Finally the next episode comes out today!!!