AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 23:13   Link #61
sa547
*Author

Fuck, I thought it was some joke, but this news coming from Hollywood Reporter, I facepalmed.

The only ones who are going to love this development are those hardcore Macek apologists and that Yune carpetbagger running HG; I believe that even up to his demise Macek kept on insisting that claim he created the show, and insultingly viewed Nue as mere "hired hands".

Of course this thing will never see the light of day in Japan.
Old 2013-01-30, 23:56   Link #62
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Well, there's an off chance that people in America will finally Remember Love.

Or it could just be about killing aliens with starscreams. Either works.

DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 01:59   Link #63
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Robotech: rise of the Starscream clone army against xenomorph rejects, plus racial stereotypes & Bon Jovi songs that does not fit with the tone of the movie.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 02:07   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I know a few people that like Robotech but cannot handle Macross (or at least anything beyond the orignal). Almost specifically because of the idol singing fixation (and Macross 7 didn't help either).
Old 2013-01-31, 04:44   Link #65
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I know a few people that like Robotech but cannot handle Macross (or at least anything beyond the orignal). Almost specifically because of the idol singing fixation (and Macross 7 didn't help either).
Well, to each their own.

Say, do you happen to know a good supplier around here for pitchforks, torches, and good firewood?
I'm probably gonna need a few thousand.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:31   Link #66
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I've met loads on model-building forums. It seems to be a sizable group of fans. They tend to like Macross Plus as well. Same arguments all the time: idols are equaled to moe characters and magical powers have no place in serious sci-fi.

I reckon it's a fanbase made up of people that love 1970s/80s syndicated cartoons (made in Japan) and those that can't connect with modern (late night) anime.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 11:11   Link #67
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Macross ain't Macross without defeating the enemy through the power of LOVE .

It's blasphemy to blast Macross for being cheesy and unrealistic!
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 14:53   Link #68
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Are you sure? Suppose HG loses the license, the rights would still be in the hands of the licensor Tatsunoko. As far as I know it's the bad blood between Tasunoko and Big West that fuels the conflict.
The rights of SDF Macross would be in the hands of Tatsunoko, but everything else Macross would be free for Big West to exploit in America (I'm only referring to American b/c that's where most of the drama involving HG happens, but I know other countries are affected too).

So unfortunately yeah, we're probably never going to see SDF Macross in America. That would take not only HG to surrender the license and kill their own Robotech, but also for Tatsunoko and Big West to kiss and make up. I have hopes for the other Macross titles that HG didn't touch though (especially since some leaked through in the... 1990s? Once the movie is released and hype dies down/everyone forgets Robotech again, maybe someone else will do a roundabout Western release of other Macross titles).
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 06:49   Link #69
Kudryavka

I wonder if they will release this movie in Japan?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 05:44   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

James Wan Confirmed to Direct ‘Aquaman’ & ‘Robotech

Quote:
THR reports that Wan has now closed deals to direct both Aquaman and Robotech, following the outstanding $1.5 billion box office gross of Furious 7, and will also be overseeing the script for Aquaman as screenwriter Kurt Johnstad puts it together. It’s little surprise that Wan is so in demand after steering the latest instalment in the Fast & Furious franchise to almost double its predecessor’s performance, and the positive reviews that Furious 7 received should put most Aquaman fans (and Robotech fans, of course) at ease, knowing that these movies are in capable hands.

Aquaman is among the best known DC superheroes and the character has a very long history, but as the name suggests his powers are tied to the ocean and he has the ability to communicate with and control sealife. Momoa will make his first appearance in the role in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Robotech, meanwhile, is a long-running science fiction franchise that began with a 1985 anime series, in which humanity uses recovered alien technology to build giant transforming machines designed for intergalactic warfare.

This news marks the continuation of Wan’s rapid climb into the action blockbuster genre, after fairly humble beginnings directing low budget horror movies. His best known films prior to Furious 7 were Saw, Insidious and The Conjuring, all of which proved to be highly profitable and spawned at least one sequel apiece (many sequels, in the case of Saw). His directing style might not be for everyone, but there’s no denying that Wan knows how to appeal to an audience.

Speaking of those sequels, Wan is currently committed to direct The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Experiment this fall, so don’t expect to see Robotech until at least 2017. If Wan chooses to concentrate on Aquaman first (which is likely, since it’s further along the development road than Robotech), it could be much longer than that.
Well, looks like it's still happening .
Old 2015-06-07, 06:29   Link #71
monster

I never saw either Robotech or the original Macross (not to mention the other two Japanese shows), and I don't really enjoy love triangle stories that much, but I guess I can check this out. If there is a love triangle element, hopefully it would be toned way down.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 00:48   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The Robotech Movie Has Found Yet Another Director
Old 2017-07-19, 02:35   Link #73
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Better let the production fail. Any profit the movie makes might go to Harmony Gold and their horrible business practices