AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2014-06-06, 02:09   Link #3641
Key Board
Carbon

In the anime, it's strongly implied that Haruto stopped feeding after the Phantom Ship revelation
IIRC, the novelization outright confirms this, but that's not canon

I think Saki would have less problems about eating people as long as it's an enemy soldier and not a child
(Actually how is Carmilla even running right now? has is it been modified?)
Shoko is harder to gauge. Old Shoko wouldn't do it, but new Shoko.. well I dunno.

IIRC Lieselotte mentioned you can get runes from animals too, but it's not as efficient.
So maybe Shoko would just be glutton to compensate for that
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 09:08   Link #3642
Kirandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Can posted the third picture drama? Being raw is fine with me. Also thank you for this voice drama, I think everyone's hope for a sequel is pretty gone by now. I much prefered OVA to be honest.
Nope, can't be bothered. Just go get the full event, it's not hard to find. (hint: /a/ archives)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
In the anime, it's strongly implied that Haruto stopped feeding after the Phantom Ship revelation
IIRC, the novelization outright confirms this, but that's not canon

I think Saki would have less problems about eating people as long as it's an enemy soldier and not a child
Shoko is harder to gauge. Old Shoko wouldn't do it, but new Shoko.. well I dunno.

IIRC Lieselotte mentioned you can get runes from animals too, but it's not as efficient.
IIRC it was mentioned in one of the side materials (Undertaker? can't quite remember) that they'd all been modified in some way.
Kirandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 16:13   Link #3643
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandra View Post
Aaand... it's done. Enjoy. (I actually finished it on the same day the CD released, but I forgot to post the link anywhere else. Oops.)

Note: I made a minor error in the middle where it should be "allied country" instead of "transparent country", but I really can't be bothered to re-encode just to fix that.

https://mega.co.nz/#!KJUVSQiJ!3bBVmO...HENwxDmelXw-yM
Thanks a million dude. Your effort is appreciated.

Yes! I've got answers to many of the questions the anime left me with, however, there's one particular question that continues to evade us: Just who the fuck is the prince? Is he a relative of L-Elf? If he is, was he cloned from his DNA or is a descendant of him? If he's a descendant, then who did L-Elf marry?

These are questions that I must know the answer to before I die. What, do I have to live for 200 years to find out the answer?

Btw, the A-Drei/Saki chemistry is really getting a decent push here. If the producers really wanted to, this could go somewhere.

*Gasp* L-Elf calling Haruto by his name, with emotion & dropping that monotone way of saying "Tokishima Haruto"!!! They really did become friends in the end though. Aww, he was smiling. T_T

I know this sounds weird, but I still have faith in a possible sequel. There's 200 years worth of plot that can be explored. Yes, the story in the year 72 is concluded, but what about what comes after that?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 18:07   Link #3644
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

I too want to know who the prince is. I originally thought he was a descendant of L-Elf and Shoko. You know since Akira is his godmother or something like that, but with Shoko being a kamitsuki I don't have a clue anymore.
Krayes818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 19:38   Link #3645
stagrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirandra View Post
IIRC it was mentioned in one of the side materials (Undertaker? can't quite remember) that they'd all been modified in some way.
I don't think Undertaker ever mentioned any real modifications, they just used existing gear no one noticed. If the modifications were anything they might be the gold parts but we don't know. I doubt they could change the programming or would change the engine so Shoko is still the sole person responsible for collecting runes.
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 20:41   Link #3646
stagrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post

Yes! I've got answers to many of the questions the anime left me with, however, there's one particular question that continues to evade us: Just who the fuck is the prince? Is he a relative of L-Elf? If he is, was he cloned from his DNA or is a descendant of him? If he's a descendant, then who did L-Elf marry?

These are questions that I must know the answer to before I die. What, do I have to live for 200 years to find out the answer?

Btw, the A-Drei/Saki chemistry is really getting a decent push here. If the producers really wanted to, this could go somewhere.

*Gasp* L-Elf calling Haruto by his name, with emotion & dropping that monotone way of saying "Tokishima Haruto"!!! They really did become friends in the end though. Aww, he was smiling. T_T

I know this sounds weird, but I still have faith in a possible sequel. There's 200 years worth of plot that can be explored. Yes, the story in the year 72 is concluded, but what about what comes after that?
What questions did it answer, because I don't think it answered any questions left at the end?
stagrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 02:45   Link #3647
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

It's not like it's going to kill the guys getting "eaten" or even inconvenience them very much as long as there are a lot of them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 17:07   Link #3648
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagrider View Post
What questions did it answer, because I don't think it answered any questions left at the end?
I should've been more specific. That's my fault. When I say end, I'm not referring to the 200 yr time skip. I'm referring to what happened to everyone after Dorssia fell & Haruto died. The anime only gave us Satomi's wedding, A-Drei leading some army, lots o' dead Magius & nothing after that.

The drama CD answers that question for us, it shows us that everyone (Sakimori students & L-Elf) has gone back to doing what they previously did when Module 77 declared itself an independent nation.

In addition to that, we also got some answers to other questions we were left with: Dorssia is now in a civil war with some actually supporting the Magius & the Royalists have more of a backing, now that the Magius thing is up in the air, Module 77 somehow regained stability even after all the shit they went through & the foundations for the 3GR have been laid with the possibility of the allied country thing L-Elf has in mind.

So yes, there were plenty of answers given here, but those answers only pertained to the present & not the time skip. Whatever happens in the 200 years to come, is still up in the air. That's why I still have faith in a possible sequel.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 03:56   Link #3649
~BC~

Quote:
I'd assume people that were upset about Kyuma's death also have the right to complain. Remember she sold out ALL the pilots and caused Kyuma to die. The students on the Valvrave shuttles would probably forgive her, but be hesitant to allow her to make any important decision, let alone pilot the most important machine in their forces without some kind of amends.
I doubt there was even full disclosure on what happened beyond "Kyuma died". I honestly wouldn't be surprised if only a small group is aware of the full details. And really there's not much to be gained by making it public anyway when the students were divided enough as it was (and Shoko would hardly be the only one getting heat over that whole mess).

I didn't get the impression that Shoko intended to be like Haruto. She only expressed a desire to do something as a result of knowing what he put himself through. Whether she intended to follow through in the same way he did we may never know. Plus it'd be stupid to just let everything he fought for get laid to waste. Also since the idea here seems to be that L-Elf changed, he also likely explained the conditions of the contract to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95
So yes, there were plenty of answers given here, but those answers only pertained to the present & not the time skip. Whatever happens in the 200 years to come, is still up in the air. That's why I still have faith in a possible sequel.
I could see a manga sequel at most. This wrap up has not left me with much faith for another animated series.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 04:04   Link #3650
Key Board
Carbon

remember what L-Elf and Haruto said to each at the moon?

To paraphrase it,

Haruto: Now that we are completely open with each other, I must ask. are there still things you are hiding from me?
L-Elf: Of course
Haruto: Me too

and I think this is basically the spirit of the series
and even more, I think it's basically the spirit of an Okouchi written anime

so yes, I expect quite a lot of things to remain private
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-06-08, 21:51   Link #3651
Kirandra

Quote:
I don't think Undertaker ever mentioned any real modifications, they just used existing gear no one noticed. If the modifications were anything they might be the gold parts but we don't know. I doubt they could change the programming or would change the engine so Shoko is still the sole person responsible for collecting runes.
Huh. I definitely remember reading somewhere about the Valvraves being modified though. It didn't specify what or how they were modified, but they definitely were. Unless it was in the LN, in which case I guess it's non-canon anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post

Official answer about the prince, from Okouchi's twitter:

Quote:
@angel_krk: @ichirou_o ヴァルヴレイヴ最終回みました!とても感動して最初から最後まで号泣でした。あの、サキと一緒にいた、男の 子が非常に気になっています… 続編はありますでしょうか(>_<)?
The last episode of Valvrave was highly enjoyable! I was very touched, and cried the entire time. Um, I’m extremely curious about the boy who was with Saki… will there be a continuation?

@ichirou_o: @angel_krk 感想、ありがとう! サキと一緒にいた男の子については、想像して楽しむ部分だと考えているので、回答はし ません。すみません。作品、末永く愛してあげてください。
Okouchi: Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Regarding the boy who was with Saki, I think leaving it up to your imagination would be more enjoyable, so I won’t answer. Sorry. Please continue loving the work in future.
Also it's more or less confirmed that this is really the end, no more sequels or anything. It was a fun ride while it lasted.
Kirandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 21:56   Link #3652
Kurohane

I disagree, or else why would he want us to continue loving the work in the future. I would understand the usual "Thanks for the support", but this is just a strange choice of words.
Old 2014-06-08, 22:42   Link #3653
Key Board
Carbon

The machines in Valvrave Undertaker use
Spoiler:

Then they were modified into proper Rave Mirror Valvraves

Using
Spoiler:
is pretty horrific route with bad PR, so I don't think M77 will be going that way
Old 2014-07-04, 17:58   Link #3654
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Aniplex USA to release Valvrave Season 1 on Blu Ray.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...blu-ray/.76317

Quote:
Aniplex of America announced at its industry panel at Anime Expo on Friday that it will release the first season of Valvrave the Liberator on Blu-ray on September 23. Pre-orders will open on July 7.

The box set will contain the first 12 episodes in Japanese with English subtitles. Special features and bonus content include textless opening and endings, trailers, commercials, collectible postcards, and a poster illustrated by character designer Katsura Hoshino. The set will carry an MSRP of US$149.98 and a store price of US$119.98.
First reaction: "They're charging that much for Valvrave?!"

Besides I'm already waiting on the first two Madoka movies and the first volume of Kill la Kill.
Old 2014-07-04, 18:00   Link #3655
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Aniplex USA to release Valvrave Season 1 on Blu Ray.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...blu-ray/.76317

First reaction: "They're charging that much for Valvrave?!"

Besides I'm already waiting on the first two Madoka movies and the first volume of Kill la Kill.
Going to pre-ordered it, fuck my wallet Valvrave is more important. Please be a Saki poster!!! Please god!!!
Old 2014-07-04, 18:09   Link #3656
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Then again. That is what I paid for each of my limited edition Fate/Zero season sets.

Aniplex could at least throw in a picture of Haruka Tomatsu cosplaying as Saki. Or Flamenco Diamond...
Old 2014-07-05, 18:51   Link #3657
_Misfit

Good lord, $120.00!? Nope, I had a great time watching this show but I'll have to pass on that...
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 18:56   Link #3658
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
Good lord, $120.00!? Nope, I had a great time watching this show but I'll have to pass on that...
Better than the Japanese who has to paid more totally by collecting all blu-rays.
Old 2014-07-05, 19:04   Link #3659
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Misfit View Post
Funny thing is I got the Beginnings/Eternal combo and Kill la Kill vol.1 together for only $19.00 more than what they're asking for Valvrave. And those are the limited edition versions.

But it is less than what they were asking for the Fate/Zero seasons which I think were $150.00 and $140.00 respectively.
Old 2014-07-06, 20:55   Link #3660
_Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Funny thing is I got the Beginnings/Eternal combo and Kill la Kill vol.1 together for only $19.00 more than what they're asking for Valvrave. And those are the limited edition versions.

But it is less than what they were asking for the Fate/Zero seasons which I think were $150.00 and $140.00 respectively.
Fair enough. I'll have to admit, though, that the post I wrote is coming from someone who owns almost no anime DVDs/blu-rays. I only have Baccano! on DVD because it's my favorite anime of all time, and 50 bucks seemed like a small price to pay for one of my favorite shows ever.

But for those willing to drop this much cash on VVV, more power to you. I'd like to see this get supported by us westerners. Hell, maybe it'll get a dub.
_Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire