AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Favorite Gundam Series is?
Mobile Suit Gundam 31 5.74%
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam 66 12.22%
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ 7 1.30%
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 11 2.04%
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 15 2.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 69 12.78%
Mobile Suit Gundam X 22 4.07%
'∀' Turn A Gundam 57 10.56%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED 152 28.15%
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny 38 7.04%
Other (Explain) 72 13.33%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-25, 13:36   Link #361
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The thing is, most of Tomino's kill 'em all work, excuse to get out of sequels aside, was made when he was in a depression. So I don't think we can expect a kill 'em all project from him currently.
Old 2012-08-25, 13:42   Link #362
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Not to mention that the times he made Victory and all were really, IIRC, due to him going through bouts of depression.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 03:28   Link #363
LaSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Except that it's not Gundam.
Was that referring to my earlier post? If so, I acknowledged that in my last post so yeah.....
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:01   Link #364
Destined_Fate

Going to go with 00 S1... S2 started going Super Robot levels of crazy than the Movie... Ugh. Though Wing will always hold a place in my heart but Frozen Teardrop ruined the series for me.

Like Shinn better than Kira since Kira is stupid broken(nd an idiot. Not killing your enemies? Yeah... Unless they're little girls it seems. Poor Stella.) and has ridiculous plot armor. That and his rabid fanbase is disgusting since they seem to think that Kira can beat anyone. Than Destiny happened in Shinn defeated Kira when he's in the Freedom than fights Kira into a draw on the Orb battle.

So I guess that means Destiny > SEED for me. Lunamaria helps as well, she's my favorite girl from the SEED verse followed by S1 Cagalli before she became a worthless crybaby politician in Destiny that does literally nothing but rely on others or crying her eyes out. Her fighting skills also took a sharp drop as well considering Shinn crushed her so easily during the Orb Battle despite her using the Akatsuki which blocked out a lot of Shinn's optons for attacking her.

As for that movie, very unlikely it'll ever get made due to various reasons... Though a SEED Destiny HD remaster down the line on top of the SEED HD remaster may be enough to stir up enough interest to get the movie done.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-08-28 at 21:57.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:48   Link #365
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

My vote for "other" refers to Mobile Suit Gundam UC, for its awesome graphics and for bringing the joys of the Universal Century into the modern era. I'd also go with Gundam 00 for nostalgic value: for me, that was what introduced to anime.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 04:28   Link #366
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Like Shinn better than Kira since Kira is stupid broken(nd an idiot. Not killing your enemies? Yeah... Unless they're little girls it seems. Poor Stella.) and has ridiculous plot armor. That and his rabid fanbase is disgusting since they seem to think that Kira can beat anyone. Than Destiny happened in Shinn defeated Kira when he's in the Freedom than fights Kira into a draw on the Orb battle.
Leet me see > You go in city and see someone massacring many people > you have gun or formor policman > what will you do?
Will you ask him why he do that while he shooting/massacring everyone?
Or shoot him in spot before he kill more man, woman and children?
(That what Kira did > He didn't even know that she is girl but he sure know that if he didn't stop her NOW she will massacre more people > he eve try to save Shinn.)

Also anyone can insult, you know like > Shin was the one who is broken and idiot (No reason was given like you did.)

And defeated Kira? Sure > while he is not 100% in fight but if that count than Kira can one shot Shinn like he did in orb battle.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 10:49   Link #367
Destined_Fate

This is an opinion topic if you want to bash me with the hopes in engaging me in debate than you're wasting your breath because that is not what this topic is for. I did not make that post to cause confrontation, if you don't agree with me than good for you. However, this isn't the place for such antics so leave it at that for I will not take your poorly worded bait.
Old 2012-09-01, 12:58   Link #368
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
This is an opinion topic if you want to bash me with the hopes in engaging me in debate than you're wasting your breath because that is not what this topic is for. I did not make that post to cause confrontation, if you don't agree with me than good for you. However, this isn't the place for such antics so leave it at that for I will not take your poorly worded bait.
1- You are wrong, it's yopic about new series/movies/ova.
(Everyone talking about new remaser(old now) and new Tomino movie.... everyone but you for some reason.)

2- You don't really believe that you can enter topic and bash some character and no one will answer you right?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 00:34   Link #369
Destined_Fate

No I'm not wrong, it's called an opinion and this topic isn't for discussion over why you disagree with others opinions. It's for people to express what they liked and hated.

I personally don't care how big a fanboy you are, this isn't the topic for this so leave it at this because I'm not going to play with you.
Old 2012-09-02, 08:48   Link #370
Se7en Sabers

So, Gundam AGE is coming to an end soon but do we know some details about its successor ?
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:26   Link #371
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
There won't be a Gundam show this year.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 11:08   Link #372
JMvS
Rawrrr!

No news from Origin nor Tomino's project I assume?
Old 2012-09-02, 12:51   Link #373
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

At this point, any new series Sunrise/Bandai come up with has a great chance of being better than AGE. Hell, give us SEED season 3 with Sven & Selene as the male & female MC and fans will be all over it.
Old 2012-09-02, 13:03   Link #374
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
At this point, any new series Sunrise/Bandai come up with has a great chance of being better than AGE. Hell, give us SEED season 3 with Sven & Selene as the male & female MC and fans will be all over it.
Really? I thought AGE was actually pretty decent until recently in Kio's arc where they suddenly decided to make him a clone of Kira with his whole "let's not fight" and "we can understand eachother" speeches and emphasis on not killing coupled with them deciding to throw in new (mostly female) characters, dedicate an episode or two to them to try to make us sympathize with them, then kill them off, thinking it'll be some HUGE emotional impact.

Like Reina Spriggan's part felt really out of place at this point in the story. Her story and situation would've been much more fitting for Asemu's arc where the corruption of the Federation was a pretty key factor. Here, all I could think was, "Okay, what was the point of all that?".
Old 2012-09-02, 14:21   Link #375
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Really? I thought AGE was actually pretty decent until recently in Kio's arc where they suddenly decided to make him a clone of Kira with his whole "let's not fight" and "we can understand eachother" speeches and emphasis on not killing
I'll give you emphasis on not killing, but Kira did not make those speeches unless it's to Athrun, which makes sense since they were friends.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:37   Link #376
Rickketik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Really? I thought AGE was actually pretty decent until recently in Kio's arc where they suddenly decided to make him a clone of Kira with his whole "let's not fight" and "we can understand eachother" speeches and emphasis on not killing coupled with them deciding to throw in new (mostly female) characters, dedicate an episode or two to them to try to make us sympathize with them, then kill them off, thinking it'll be some HUGE emotional impact.

Like Reina Spriggan's part felt really out of place at this point in the story. Her story and situation would've been much more fitting for Asemu's arc where the corruption of the Federation was a pretty key factor. Here, all I could think was, "Okay, what was the point of all that?".
AGE flopped spectacularly in Japan! One of the worst (if not THE worst) Gundam shows ever. they messed up big time with this one! From now on Bandai wil try it's best to pretend that this show ever existed and I don't think we will see a new Gundam show for a while.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 19:13   Link #377
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

I know it's far from the best, but I still feel people have been a lot harsher on it than it deserves. I got used to the animation pretty quickly (one of the biggest complaints I've seen) and the first two arcs were okay. After the first few episodes, my only real big fear was that the AGE Builder would become some huge plot shield for the main characters in suddenly making better and better equipment for the Gundams until they're pretty much OP (and only get BETTER with each new generation Gundam), but thankfully, the AGE Builder has taken more of a backseat and the equipment was hardly OP at all.

The characters are okay. They (at least ones that are generally more important) certainly feel a lot more developed than most of Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, and latter 00.

Still pissed that they killed Yurin though...feels a bit overkill if it was simply to make Flit develop into a darker adult and senior.
Old 2012-09-04, 20:45   Link #378
Rickketik

@RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Everyone has their own opinion. but still..
Age has more character development than Wing and Destiny. Sure I'll give you that, but better than Seed and 00!? Sorry, I don't see it. Age gives you a false sense of development by using time skips. The characters are just further in their life after each time skip, not necessarily developed. And then you have the so called "off screen character development", WHAT'S THE POINT OF THAT!?? When we are talking about character development we are talking about action, reaction, reflection, and modulation. You can see this in Seed and in 00 (to a lesser degree, but 00 is not as character driven as Seed) But you don't see much of this in Age.

And I don't think people are being too harsh at all. I would say people were too harsh on 00 maybe, but not Age. I think Age is getting the right amount of hate on the internet, just like Destiny.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 21:03   Link #379
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Just 5 minutes of Treize screen time has more character development than 90% of AGE characters.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:04   Link #380
Destined_Fate

That's kinda harsh, Kira got a lot of development in SEED and the Flay manipulation was pretty well done. There's a reason why SEED brought so many back into Gundam and it wasn't just because of all the pretty boys and cute girls or Kira getting laid.

SEED Destiny did drop the ball when it came to the returning cast and they failed to push Shinn further, he just devolved into RAGE after Stella died. Than he hooked up with Lunamaria and mellowed out since it's hard to stay angry when you have a great girlfriend than he went back to RAGE when he had to fight Athrun and Kira one last time.

A shame we never got that movie with Kira, Athrun, and Shinn fighting together for one last hurrah before moving on with their lives. Though the question would have been who would they fight? No matter that isn't a discussion for this topic.