Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 19:14   Link #2541
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
So, the rest of the last part of chapter 1, in a more summarized style, until the last paragraph. I'll perhaps put together the entire chapter in a single post:

Spoiler for Last part of Chapter 1:
Something like a pastebin would probably be better.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:17   Link #2542
Kakurin
大佐

Hmm, perhaps. But I really am tired now. If you want to, you can set it up. The compiled summary / translation is in the post above you. Good night.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 19:45   Link #2543
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

http://pastebin.com/CcM1xS3S

For those that want it, first chapter.
Old 2013-06-07, 20:02   Link #2544
Arkard

I don't really find the ending ambiguous. Once those two crossed that line, I really don't see how they can ever go back.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 20:06   Link #2545
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I don't really find the ending ambiguous. Once those two crossed that line, I really don't see how they can ever go back.
It's really not that difficult, love/lust isn't infinite.
Old 2013-06-07, 20:22   Link #2546
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, as has been pointed out before, there were signs/hints (particularly visible in retrospect), but they were subject to interpretation, and there were also signs pointing towards other heroines at the same time. All of the hints towards Kirino could be masked if you just dismiss the whole thing as "oh, they're just very, very close siblings" (even Kyousuke himself sometimes dismissed his feelings that way), and that's the sort of fine line the author was balancing.
That's one reason I think makes some not see any hint regarding Kyosuke loving Kirino in a romantic way. If you take away the sibling part, and have someone do all Kyousuke did for a girl, I think many would agree he likely may have feelings for her, even if he denies it to others and to himself. The fact that he is his brother, means that it's indeed a possibility he does all that just because he cares for her as a sibling, but that don't negate the possibility that he does that because he have romantic feelings for her.

Some would only accept it if he did something more than what just a brother would do. But what exactly is that? Besides things like kissing and doing things of sexual nature (which are things you would expect them to do after they started an relationship) what is that an brother who cares a lot for his sibling in a non romantic way would do that a person who loves someone in a romantic way wouldn't do? Going with their whims? Both would. Helping them without expecting something in return? Both would. Risking their life? Both would.
Old 2013-06-07, 20:32   Link #2547
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
That's one reason I think may make some not see any hint regarding Kyosuke loving Kirino in a romantic way. If you take away the sibling part, and have someone do all Kyousuke did for a girl, I think many would agree he likely may have feelings for her, even if he denies it to others and to himself. The fact that he is his brother, means that it's indeed a possibility he does all that just because he cares for her as a sibling, but that don't negate the possibility that he does that because he have romantic feelings for her.

Some would only accept it if he did something more than what just a brother would do. But what exactly is that? Besides things like kissing and doing things of sexual nature (which are things you would expect them to do after they started an relationship) what is that an brother who cares a lot for his sibling in a non romantic way would do that a person who loves someone in a romantic way wouldn't do? Going with their whims? Both would. Helping them without expecting something in return? Both would. Risking their life? Both would.
The pendulum swings both ways here so it could have turned out either way. The issue is everything leading up to his decision doesn't really add up to "I'm not going to confess my love for Kirino." He remembers his life as a little busy body middle schooler who wanted to help everyone and make his sister look up to him and make it so she wont cry.

What the hell does this flashback do to flip this "I now want to be with my sister" switch? He constantly talks about how pretty she is in the novel but it is always in a matter of fact way because the author continues to reintroduce characters in basically every novel. I still don't buy the line of logic to get from a brother who's reconnecting with his estranged sister to "let's get married." I feel like because of the years of mutual neglect and his busy body attitude returning he wanted to do whatever he could to help Kirino... now that he knows she's basically in love with him he again plays the knight in shinning armor like he does for everyone over the course of the novels.
Old 2013-06-07, 22:16   Link #2548
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
The issue is everything leading up to his decision doesn't really add up to "I'm not going to confess my love for Kirino." He remembers his life as a little busy body middle schooler who wanted to help everyone and make his sister look up to him and make it so she wont cry.

What the hell does this flashback do to flip this "I now want to be with my sister" switch?
I don't think this necessarily is what flipped the switch of his feelings, but it's giving him the courage to act on them. The story is basically about him regaining his confidence/initiative. Rather than being a boring/"normal" person that goes with the flow, he's becoming more assertive again. Note the huge contrast between the first Christmas "date" with Kirino, and the second one. In the first, she led him around everywhere and "forced" him to do things with her, and he begrudgingly went along with it. And now, in the second, he had it all planned, he took the initiative, and was doing what he wanted to do, recognizing that what he wanted was to make her happy.

So basically, remembering his old self gave him the courage to go after what he really wanted, even if it seemed (and was) reckless and crazy. He could break out of the "normal" mould that would keep him from doing what he needed to do.

Quote:
I feel like because of the years of mutual neglect and his busy body attitude returning he wanted to do whatever he could to help Kirino... now that he knows she's basically in love with him he again plays the knight in shinning armor like he does for everyone over the course of the novels.
I don't really see the huge missing link here. She's the most important person in his life, and he wants to make her happy. He probably does recognize that she loves him too, but she believes that can't work out, so she's planning to go overseas again (and this time to do it properly). But he's been through that before, and he knows that won't make either of them truly happy, and he's the only one that can change that. In a way, she set-up that whole situation to give him one last chance to stop her. And so he admits the underlying truth: that he's in love with her, and he doesn't want her to leave ever again -- hence the "marriage proposal". He's trying to make her happy, but that's what makes him happy -- precisely because he loves her. That's why he chose her and her happiness over all the other possibilities.

What other "logic" does he need to be convinced of his true feelings?
Old 2013-06-07, 23:01   Link #2549
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

I agree with everything you say but making her happy doesn't necessarily translate to them being together. You're right that she wants to be the most important part of his life and he wants to make her happy and yet after they've proven to each other that they will be the one chosen over everyone else they amicably accept to end it.

Yes it could be love of a fully romantic type, but I think and I hope after reading the novel it will translate to something a little more deep than that. I'm not saying incest end isn't possible here what I was saying is that I don't necessarily think it's that cut and dry. Maybe it is maybe it isn't. I need to read every word before I'll accept that it is moved from siblings that couldn't be honest that they love each other and are making up for lost time to somewhere along the way for whatever reason they fell in love with each other.
Old 2013-06-07, 23:12   Link #2550
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
If you like a 'realistic' reason, how about both go back to avoid hurting the others more? If that relationship is found out, both are screwed, especially Kirino since she is more famous.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 23:19   Link #2551
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
You're right that she wants to be the most important part of his life and he wants to make her happy and yet after they've proven to each other that they will be the one chosen over everyone else they amicably accept to end it. [...] I need to read every word before I'll accept that it is moved from siblings that couldn't be honest that they love each other and are making up for lost time to somewhere along the way for whatever reason they fell in love with each other.
Well, then it really all comes down to how you interpret that very last scene, doesn't it? I mean, if everything he did for Kirino earlier was just to make her wish come true and give her a bit of happiness before they both moved on from those feelings and went back to being "normal siblings", then why use his wish on that kiss after everything else was settled?

But anyway, we will all have to wait for the every word to be written before coming up with a true, final answer.
Old 2013-06-07, 23:29   Link #2552
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Well, then it really all comes down to how you interpret that very last scene, doesn't it? I mean, if everything he did for Kirino earlier was just to make her wish come true and give her a bit of happiness before they both moved on from those feelings and went back to being "normal siblings", then why use his wish on that kiss after everything else was settled?

But anyway, we will all have to wait for the every word to be written before coming up with a true, final answer.
Yeah pretty much, and I don't want to interpret it in a vacuum. I want the context of all the events played out before I can judge just what that last scene represents. The reason I view that last scene with a grain of salt at the moment is because Kyousuke when embracing the siscon insult Kirino always threw his way teased her with the sticker of them and the swimsuit photo of Kirino on his phone in front of Saori and Kuroneko. You can view the kiss as the same type of thing, albeit far more extreme but essentially they're back to that old atmosphere.
Old 2013-06-08, 02:57   Link #2553
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The reason I view that last scene with a grain of salt at the moment is because Kyousuke when embracing the siscon insult Kirino always threw his way teased her with the sticker of them and the swimsuit photo of Kirino on his phone in front of Saori and Kuroneko. You can view the kiss as the same type of thing, albeit far more extreme but essentially they're back to that old atmosphere.
Now that I think about this, that possible interpretation really doesn't make sense. If Kyousuke just wanted to pull a prank on Kirino, he'd just pull a prank. He wouldn't have to bring up the promise at that particular time. The combination of the kiss + evoking the promise that she's do anything he wished makes the message he's sending pretty clear.

But anyway, we shall wait on the details.
Old 2013-06-08, 04:08   Link #2554
Kakurin
大佐

First part of Chapter 2 (Ayase, that much I can reveal here):

Spoiler for First Part Chapter 2:

Last edited by Kakurin; 2013-06-08 at 07:24.
Old 2013-06-08, 04:30   Link #2555
Wilshere

Quote:
First part of Chapter 2 (Ayase, that much I can reveal here):

Spoiler for First Part Chapter 2:
Again doing a good job and lol Kyousuke you hentai
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 06:27   Link #2556
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Now that I think about this, that possible interpretation really doesn't make sense. If Kyousuke just wanted to pull a prank on Kirino, he'd just pull a prank. He wouldn't have to bring up the promise at that particular time. The combination of the kiss + evoking the promise that she's do anything he wished makes the message he's sending pretty clear.

But anyway, we shall wait on the details.
Well hey. we are both free to interpret things differently assuming no concrete evidence is in hand. That's the fun thing about literature it can mean different things to different people... though I admit I may be looking for deep sea fish in shallow waters here...
Old 2013-06-08, 07:18   Link #2557
Kakurin
大佐

Continuing chapter 2, this Chinese guy is working like a machine.

Spoiler for Part 2 Chapter 2:
Old 2013-06-08, 07:33   Link #2558
Wilshere

Quote:

Spoiler for Part 2 Chapter 2:
LOL the last line,did he mean that it would be great if Kirino wants to do ''this''
to him,wow feelings now showing off??? Anyway good work mate and praise the chinese hehe
Old 2013-06-08, 07:41   Link #2559
Kakurin
大佐

Ah, by the way, I took a look at the illustration for the Akagi scene. The title of the BL game is " BOYS LOVE Christmas! 男だらけ メリークリスマス"
Old 2013-06-08, 07:55   Link #2560
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Just to clear things up, if i've missed it somewhere. He is doing the translation into English, isn't he?

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings