AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 23:37   Link #601
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Season 2 is awesome.
If you guys enjoyed it, season 3 is even better (imo)
Old 2013-11-04, 03:47   Link #602
Bern-san

Just finished season 2. At first I didn't like the new characters a lot, except Rapunzel who is awesome, but they grew on me by the end.
I was totally surprised to discover
Spoiler:

Good to know that season 3 will be better.
Old 2013-11-04, 06:35   Link #603
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW25 View Post
Yup, Season 3 was released back in August. It's still available for purchase in places like AmiAmi too. 07th Expansion tends to release something every August and December with the only exception being December 2003. This used to be because they attended Summer and Winter Comiket, but they haven't since Rose Guns Days started last year.
In fact, they'll actually be attending this coming Comiket (on New Year's Eve)! Hoping I can go…

Those who have a Comike Web Catalog account: http://webcatalog.circle.ms/Circle/11039769

If you look closely at that image, you can see it saying "Last Season".
Old 2013-11-04, 21:58   Link #604
u43368
Disabled By Request

I just started season 1 and while I haven't gotten far, I don't care much for the fight sections. It feels like an excuse not to write an entertaining action scene and instead replace it with some bizarre visual novel equivalent of a QTE. AT least they can be skipped.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 18:19   Link #605
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Hm, I quite enjoy them myself. They mix up the rhythm a little. Ryukishi07 still describes the fight scenes, so it's not like those are missing. But if you don't enjoy them, skipping them is perfectly fine.
Old 2013-11-05, 18:22   Link #606
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I just started season 1 and while I haven't gotten far, I don't care much for the fight sections. It feels like an excuse not to write an entertaining action scene and instead replace it with some bizarre visual novel equivalent of a QTE. AT least they can be skipped.
Ryukishi always wanted to do some mini game stuff, even during higurashi period, as proved by the angel morte mini games.
Considering how his writing didn't really skip that many fights, it is actually obvious he wanted to add some "immersion" but there isn't much he can't do with Nscript to begin with. And not like he is a game developer whatsoever.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-11-06 at 05:59. Reason: typo
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 19:48   Link #607
Dr. Casey

I don't remember any Angel Morte games. Were they taken out from the MangaGamer version?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 22:18   Link #608
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Yes, the minigames were removed from the MangaGamer version (both due to intellectual property issues and technical issues).

That said, with all due respects to 07th Expansion, you're not really missing out on a whole lot.
Old 2013-11-06, 00:33   Link #609
Dr. Casey

I dunno, the minigames (the quizzes) during Umineko 8's Halloween party were pretty fun I won't rule out the possibility that I was deprived!

I was reading the character tropes for Rose Guns Days, and it mentions that season 1 ends on a cliffhanger. Does this mean that, unlike the 'When They Cry' series, Rose has a more normal, traditional narrative structure (aka a continuous storyline where 1 leads into 2, 2 into 3, and 3 into 4) rather than each episode being fairly self-contained and retelling an alternate version of events? That sounds like a nice change of pace if so, it will be nice to see Ryukishi use his significant talents to tell a different kind of story. Not that I intend to start up Rose Guns Days for a while yet, mind - I need a breather after the astronomically long Umineko, which I read in the span of a few months and finished a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2013-11-06 at 01:09.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 03:31   Link #610
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I wouldn't really consider the puzzles in Umineko to be minigames. They were a lot of fun, but it's not like there was any real-time element to them. I think some of the Higurashi minigames had potential, but I just found they had really bad controls. NScripter isn't really the best engine to use to program gameplay.
Old 2013-11-08, 00:32   Link #611
TW25

Last Season OP Movie and cover are now available on the RGD Site. I'd recommend not taking a look if you haven't read Season 3 but I know that absolutely no one will follow me on that suggestion especially considering the author himself approved the Last Season cover just like he approved that super spoilery Umineko EP8 back cover.

If you start subconsciously picking up on plot points don't say you haven't been warned though. On that note...

Spoiler for Last Season:
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 05:06   Link #612
actawesome

Quote:
Last Season OP Movie and cover are now available on the RGD Site. I'd recommend not taking a look if you haven't read Season 3 but I know that absolutely no one will follow me on that suggestion especially considering the author himself approved the Last Season cover just like he approved that super spoilery Umineko EP8 back cover.

If you start subconsciously picking up on plot points don't say you haven't been warned though. On that note...

Spoiler for Last Season:
Spoiler for last season:
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-08, 06:14   Link #613
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

I recently finished reading Season 2, and I'd like to give an enormous thanks to the Witch Hunt (which I really didn't do with Umineko but I guess it's better late than never). So thank you, Witch Hunt, for this wonderful patch, you guys are the best! Looking forward to the translation Season 3 !

Quote:
Last Season OP Movie and cover are now available on the RGD Site. I'd recommend not taking a look if you haven't read Season 3
Hmm... I just watched the last Season Op but well, don't really feel spoiled about anything. Guess it might seem so to someone who actually knows the plot of Season 3 though...

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 00:58   Link #614
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:

Spoiler for Last Season:
Question about the new OP that might be a spoiler for Season 3...

Spoiler for Season 3?/Last Season OP:

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 19:25   Link #615
TW25

Official release info for Last Season is now in!

"Rose Guns Days Last Season" will release on January 1st, 2014 for 2625 yen and contains all previous Rose Guns Days content. Pre-orders begin November 30th and you can check out new screenshots here: http://office-mk.co.jp/pcshop/special/rgd.html

It's nice to see that the price has finally risen considering all the character designs and artwork 07th Expansion has commissioned over the past 2 years. Honestly, the price still seems way low to me but I guess 07th Expansion is happy with it.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 20:29   Link #616
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I hope I'll be able to buy it early at Comiket. Would be nice…
Old 2013-12-01, 02:26   Link #617
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by June93 View Post
Nice to see that, I hope this series gets an adaption deal, it'd be the easiest of Ryu's works to pull off.
Inb4 Chiaki Kon and Studio DEEN make that happen… (>_<)
Old 2013-12-01, 06:52   Link #618
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Inb4 Chiaki Kon and Studio DEEN make that happen… (>_<)
careful what you wish for, it might as well come true!

No seriously, it would be lovely to see this get an adaptation. Let's just hope that DEEN decides to make a decent one, hey, just to see what that's like.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 05:39   Link #619
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Rose Guns Days: Last Season has been delayed until around 13th January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough translation of Ryukishi07's blog post
[614] Important information regarding distribution at Winter Comiket Author:Ryukishi07 Date:2013/12/13(Fri) 18:51

I have a regrettable announcement for you today…

To tell the truth, I caught a cold in the latter half of November and was in bed for a week.
I finished writing just the other day and am now frantically doing the cleaning up.
All the staff have been working very hard, but it has been difficult to catch up.
Therefore, I'm sorry to announce that today we have decided to cancel plans to distribute Rose Guns Days: Last Season at the Comic Market.

Of course, we haven't halted production!
We are simply extending production for another one or two weeks.
Last Season will still be released just fine, but it will be a little late…(;□;)

Therefore, Last Season will only be available in shops and will be released around 13th January.
To those who had been hoping to make their purchase at Comiket, I am very sorry, but I'd like to ask that you reserve a copy from a shop.

Only the booklet will be available at Comiket, but it has over 100 gorgeous pages filled with the complete character designs from Rose Guns Days: Season 2 and later, as well as an assortment of character designs from Higurashi to Higanbana. Not only that, but there'll be two pages of character designs from next year's new work, so please visit West Hall れ51a on Tuesday 31st December.

…I have been negligent with my health, so I apologise to everyone including the shops for the inconvenience…

I apologise for the disappointing announcement this Friday update…

I'm sorry…(ノwT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryukishi07's original blog post
[614] 冬コミ頒布についての重要なお知らせ 投稿者:竜騎士07 投稿日:2013/12/13(Fri) 18:51

本日は残念なお知らせをしなくてはなりません……。

実は、11月後半に風邪をひき、僕が一週間寝込んでしまいました。
先日ようやく脱稿し、必死でクリンナップをしています。
スタッフのみんなもすごく頑張ってくれていますが、どうにも挽回が難しい見通しとなりました。
その結果、誠に申し訳ないのですが、本日、コミックマーケットへのローズガンズデイズラストシーズンの頒布 を断念することを決定いたしました。

もちろん制作を中止したわけではありません!
制作スケジュールが1~2週間超過するだけです。
なので、ラストシーズンはちゃんと出ますよ! ただ、ちょっと遅れちゃいます……(;□;)

なので、ラストシーズンは各ショップさまのみのお取り扱いとなり、発売は1月13日ごろになる 予定です。
コミケ会場での購入を検討されておりました方々につきましては、誠に申し訳ございませんが、各ショップさま での予約のご検討をお願いできれば幸いです……。

なので、コミケでは「設定資料集」のみの頒布となりますが、豪華100ページ以上のボリュームで、ローズガ ンズデイズシーズン2以降の全キャラ設定や初期イラスト、ひぐらしから彼岸版のキャラデータなど盛りだくさ んで、さらに! 来年の新作2本のキャラデザなんかも収録されてますので、ぜひ12/31(火)西地区 れ51a に遊びに来ていただけると幸いです。

……自分の体調管理が不行き届きなせいで、大勢の皆さん、並びにショップさまにご迷惑をお掛けしたことを本 当に申し訳なく思います……。

せっかくの金曜日更新が残念なお知らせで申し訳ございません……。

ごめんなさい……(ノwT)

Last edited by Yirba; 2013-12-13 at 06:00.
Yirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 07:32   Link #620
moichispa
Endless witch

It can't be helped. everybody gets sick sometimes. 07th expansion has been providing us with their works non-stop twice every year that we almost forgot they are also humans.

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel