Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-04, 03:37   Link #1221
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunee
Hey Whitemoon648, thanks for the new perspective. It really is a breath of fresh air

i am just curious how you will be explaining you hypothesis. Hmm, medelian genetics? based on what we know so far, only chevaliers from the other queen can fertilize the queen, producing only female offsprings. Its interesing cuz that will mean that if a chevalier is carrying an XX chromosome 23. assuming that the queen also carries XX, the probability of having female offsprings will be 1.

Perhaps making a person a chevalier essentially means modifying other autosomes and screwing up chromosome 23. this might explain why chevaliers can't fertilise their own queens ( a biochemical block ).

PS:
I bought a novel on blood the last vampire : night of the beast. Inside, it was identified that chiropterans were a the result of natural selection/ evolution of the early human form. That is to say, chiropterans, just like we humans, are just a result of this process... < whole chunk of explanation inside the book>
So it is technically possible to use medelian's or Darwin's theory to investigate chirpoterans. oh well, just a thought.
Well mayby i will write it down tomorow ( extremely tired now ). But for starters, a Male cant have XX chromosome. If a male had XX chormosome, Probably some female dressing up as a male . Males only can have YX in their chromosomes. And Yes Chipoteran were proabbly were Humens, and in terms of blood and chromosomes they are similar to Humen, with some Mutations, and proabbly new types of blood ( Humans have AB,A,B,O, so probably Chipoterans have evolved to having even more varieties of blood type).

To sum it for tonight , I would guess if acctually the chipoteran familly continued and was seleted by the proccess of Natural selection, we would have varieties of of diffrent queens with diffrent types of blood. So some of the queens and their family could kill others, but at the same time couldnt kill other queens.

Lets Say it this way, Blood type B cant be given to blood Type A. At the Same time Blood type B can be given to Blood Type AB, but not O. and O can be given to all other types of bloods. So Some queens would be able to kill others and some wouldnt.

P.S. Thx for the Compliment.
Old 2006-10-04, 03:43   Link #1222
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Questions.

1)Wasnt Haji supposed to Be Saya's Bride?

2)What did Amshel meant by saying Diva would have been all mine?.

3)Ok what was the point Diva was trying to make when she said you freed me from the castle prison.

4)When Diva Asked if Saya going to kill her children, i didnt really undrestand Saya's answer which was " Because i am a chipoteran too". Some one care to explain it?.

P.S. Thx alot in advance. and i will Give positive Rep to any one who at least try to help out and answer my questions that i couldnt figure out .
Old 2006-10-04, 13:32   Link #1223
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
1)Wasnt Haji supposed to Be Saya's Bride?

2)What did Amshel meant by saying Diva would have been all mine?.

3)Ok what was the point Diva was trying to make when she said you freed me from the castle prison.

4)When Diva Asked if Saya going to kill her children, i didnt really undrestand Saya's answer which was " Because i am a chipoteran too". Some one care to explain it?.

P.S. Thx alot in advance. and i will Give positive Rep to any one who at least try to help out and answer my questions that i couldnt figure out .
1) Haji was chosen by the original Goldsmith to be the bride for Saya. Diva's chevaliers however wanted Saya for themselves.

2) Amshel wanted Diva for his experimentations. Although he is Diva's chevalier, his priorities have always been his projects. Without Saya's chevaliers around, Amshel would have more opportunities with his desires.

3) Diva was probably trying to say: You freed me from the prison so shouldn't you be on my side punishing humans for their experimentations/control on chiropetrans, creating a chiropetran empire etc..

4) IMO, what she meant there was that she wanted to kill all of her kind, including the children, Diva, all chevaliers and herself.
mycen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 14:46   Link #1224
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
But for starters, a Male cant have XX chromosome. If a male had XX chormosome, Probably some female dressing up as a male . Males only can have YX in their chromosomes.
Untrue.

It's entirely possible to have XY women, as well as men with more than one X (for example: XXY, XXXY, etc).
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 17:15   Link #1225
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizkyu
Untrue.

It's entirely possible to have XY women, as well as men with more than one X (for example: XXY, XXXY, etc).
It has happend, But those are super rare. In those cases you mention, We have forexample a girl looking person with mayby male characteristics ( like a penis) or no lower girl bottoms. Or other cases that has happend. I acctually had a person like that in one of my high school classes. A completely boy looking person that was a female in genes ( most likely XY female). and Vice versa would be like XXY. There are other rare variations in those, which ends up with people being borned retarted and .... . However we cant have YY, i think you know that .

P.S. My knowlege of these are only from two college courses in biology. Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong in any of these.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2006-10-06 at 03:24.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:49   Link #1226
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Question i forgot to ask the last time i was here. We all know that Saya has gone into her hibernation sleep and what awaits her when she wakes up is a middle aged Kai and the twins almost being full adults. Its true that Kai does have a sort of family now with the twins does anyone think that when Mao is finished seeing the world she will come back to Kai?

I dont recall her every saying she gave up on him. Mao would be the perfect companion for Kai knowing all the secrets and having been through all the events with the group. Plus she would be very understanding towards the twins knowing that they are Saya's nieces.

Just wanted to see what everyone else thought
Old 2006-10-06, 02:29   Link #1227
nelotte

LET'S PRAY HARD FOR A SEQUEL/MOVIE/OVA/WHATEVER!!!!!!

*nankurunaisa*
nelotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 04:53   Link #1228
jtrog

The way Diva explained it and one of the chevilars explained it, Diva and Saya could only have children thru male chevilars of their oppsite. So Diva and Saya would have had to trade off killing one of each others for a time to become impregnated.

Thats as simple as I can explain it since my vocabulary and spelling have hit a all time low...

I think Mao (who turned out to be pretty cute - ((poor kai didnt jump in time)), may end up falling for the reporter guy shes running around with. They really seem to be a 'team' in that one has what the other needs in dicipline and wants.

I as me can see a future for a 'second season' since the world is full of evil humans. Abounding evil and every method of getting away with something will always exist. So somewhere, I bet about 2010 blood+ time, some druglord lab tech will read some hidden info about saya and some winebottle, then someone else will hack and steal it and find a method for making 'free warriors' - and the story goes on..

IF the show makers put a touch more 'fan service' into the character creations - IE: make a few of the male chars look better for female viewers and a touch up or three on the female chars without getting tackey, their second season could have higher viewership. Again, I'm not saying go overboard on the characters appearance, just slight improvements and male characters the girls want to see.
It seems most of the anime shows leave the girl views out of the equations for something to watch.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 05:50   Link #1229
dragunee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Well mayby i will write it down tomorow ( extremely tired now ). But for starters, a Male cant have XX chromosome. If a male had XX chormosome, Probably some female dressing up as a male . Males only can have YX in their chromosomes. And Yes Chipoteran were proabbly were Humens, and in terms of blood and chromosomes they are similar to Humen, with some Mutations, and proabbly new types of blood ( Humans have AB,A,B,O, so probably Chipoterans have evolved to having even more varieties of blood type).

To sum it for tonight , I would guess if acctually the chipoteran familly continued and was seleted by the proccess of Natural selection, we would have varieties of of diffrent queens with diffrent types of blood. So some of the queens and their family could kill others, but at the same time couldnt kill other queens.

Lets Say it this way, Blood type B cant be given to blood Type A. At the Same time Blood type B can be given to Blood Type AB, but not O. and O can be given to all other types of bloods. So Some queens would be able to kill others and some wouldnt.

P.S. Thx for the Compliment.

Yup, thats true in reality. But perhaps what i meant was that some how being a chevalier really screws up your chromosome 23 such that it is pretty much not 'human' anymore. For example, a chevalier may have his'XY' chromosome function as 'XX' while mantaining his male characteristics. And then the usual mutations in autosomal genes we see in other movies that gives superheroes their superhuman strength.

Yup there is a possibility of them being immune to each other;s blood - nathan demonstrated it.
i guess the issue of blood type is generally pretty much the same as what humans experience. Just that instead of agglutination, it they (chiropterans) crystallize

And i personally feel that its unlikely chiropterans undergo non disjunction to give trisomy. Because it will be hard for them to produce offsprings unless they find a queen that has a ploidy of (2n+1)
In addition, they are still able to mantain the integrity of their phenotype(human form) without looking retarted. lol then again, their chiropteran forms are really different
dragunee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 10:49   Link #1230
PastPrime

I have to think that Nathan will be watching the twins from a distance and that Kai will spot him someday. Probably at some school function, taking photographs of the twins as they lead the school choir or star in a school play.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 13:00   Link #1231
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunee View Post
Yup, thats true in reality. But perhaps what i meant was that some how being a chevalier really screws up your chromosome 23 such that it is pretty much not 'human' anymore. For example, a chevalier may have his'XY' chromosome function as 'XX' while mantaining his male characteristics. And then the usual mutations in autosomal genes we see in other movies that gives superheroes their superhuman strength.

Yup there is a possibility of them being immune to each other;s blood - nathan demonstrated it.
i guess the issue of blood type is generally pretty much the same as what humans experience. Just that instead of agglutination, it they (chiropterans) crystallize

And i personally feel that its unlikely chiropterans undergo non disjunction to give trisomy. Because it will be hard for them to produce offsprings unless they find a queen that has a ploidy of (2n+1)
In addition, they are still able to mantain the integrity of their phenotype(human form) without looking retarted. lol then again, their chiropteran forms are really different

I think what you said makes more sense than i did . I was thinking mayby a new kind of blood gets created in the bloods of chevaliers since We know Saya and Diva had something extra in their blood ( D-nucleoid or something like that) and that plays a major factor in eaither changing the blood type or as you said make it act diffrent.
Old 2006-10-07, 23:07   Link #1232
dragunee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I think what you said makes more sense than i did . I was thinking mayby a new kind of blood gets created in the bloods of chevaliers since We know Saya and Diva had something extra in their blood ( D-nucleoid or something like that) and that plays a major factor in eaither changing the blood type or as you said make it act diffrent.
Yea the 5th nucleotide leaves too much room for discussion genetic integrity lost, possibility of synthesizing more than the 20 amino acids we know .. blah blah.
It will really be interesting if this whole things really existed and that we can work with Julia Their ability to regenerate/ resurrect can be a good substitute for the stemcells scientists today are working on. In addition, ethical issues can't be breached! :P
I will definitely be against a whole population of chiropterans though. They (Saya, DIva and the Chevaliers) are sacred beings to me.
Old 2006-10-07, 23:58   Link #1233
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Yea the 5th nucleotide leaves too much room for discussion genetic integrity lost, possibility of synthesizing more than the 20 amino acids we know .. blah blah.
It will really be interesting if this whole things really existed and that we can work with Julia Their ability to regenerate/ resurrect can be a good substitute for the stemcells scientists today are working on. In addition, ethical issues can't be breached! :P
I will definitely be against a whole population of chiropterans though. They (Saya, DIva and the Chevaliers) are sacred beings to me.
Well this is anime so I guess we canot expect it to make that much sense
Perhaps this 5th nucleotide has the possibility to mimic the usual 4 at ease but is distinct enough that the sequencer was able to label it as unknown.
There is some redundancy in the genetic code itself.
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 04:03   Link #1234
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
to Chipoteran . Let me get my good night sleeps .

Well we could continue on, but i am going to move on other animes . Blood+ was an awsome anime ( although the first 30 episode wasnt great) and i recommend it to any one .

FYI its not a Horor Anime. Its probably one of the best animes ( with monster) story wise.

P.S. Your biology knowledge is much more than mine. Are you a biology major by any chance?.
Old 2006-10-08, 09:13   Link #1235
rondo

Seriously, the series does not even try to make sense after episode 19 in terms of biology and everything. Julia finds the fifth nucleotide but there are four DNA nucleotides (wikipedia, yah) and they join together in pairs. Like the one called adenine binds to say thymine but it does bind to guanine cuz that binds to cytosine. That leaves the fifth nucleotide with like nobody to bind to unless it can bind to anything which would completely be screwed up cuz that would led to no integrity whatsoever and like all the chevaliers would become mutants that grow trees of their heads or blobs of dead slime with bones sticking out of them.
There are probabily things like mistakes in the original four DNA nucleotides that also do things like screw DNA order in the same way but all of that wouldn't make give you the power to shapeshift, heal instantly, or manifest yourself from a 180 pound cross-dresser like Amshel to a flying electric "chiro"-mon weighing maybe 1000 pounds.

Saya and Diva are born from some mummy which has been quite dead for ages and their preserved in like soft sacks (how's that supposed to preserve them and keep them all moist). After Amshel drips tiny bits of blood on them, they "hatch" and they're human-looking having the ethnicity of half-Japanese, half-french girls?
Why wouldn't they have "hatched" as two bald amazon pygmies?
They isn't any embryo goo like chicken eggs have and bats (chiropterans) are mammals so what did they evolve from?

Saya and Riku needs to drink gallons and gallons of blood to restore themselves and keep themselves health but Saya still eats like a horse each day. Saya gets stabbed by one of Diva chevaliers and she looks like she's going to die and collapse in pain. So did Riku when Schiff-trash stabbed him. But Hagi gets impaled, squeezed like a lemon, and spilled, never needs blood, shrugs off the pain like it's a party trick and can regenerate his entire body and clothes if he was vaporized.
Diva gets pregnant but I don't see how those two sacks could fit in her Riku form.
The Diva babies hatch at the end but weren't there some conditions to be meet like blood to awaken them.

Saya needs Hagi's blood to awaken from hibernation. So before Joel brought Hagi from the kidnapped orphan flea market, how did Joel awaken Saya from her sleep before??? And why can't Saya transform into anything? And why did Saya and Diva stop aging at the lucky age of a teenage girl where all hopes of reproduction would have to involve psuedo-pedo-actions?

Finally what's the secret of Solomon transforming into bat form then back to his designer suited self. Nathan gives Solomon clothes to wear but clearly clothes are optional when Amshel can transform from a middle aged man to a 120 pound Russian woman.
rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 15:33   Link #1236
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
Seriously, the series does not even try to make sense after episode 19 in terms of biology and everything. Julia finds the fifth nucleotide but there are four DNA nucleotides (wikipedia, yah) and they join together in pairs. Like the one called adenine binds to say thymine but it does bind to guanine cuz that binds to cytosine. That leaves the fifth nucleotide with like nobody to bind to unless it can bind to anything which would completely be screwed up cuz that would led to no integrity whatsoever and like all the chevaliers would become mutants that grow trees of their heads or blobs of dead slime with bones sticking out of them.
While you are quite correct in stating that there are only four nucleotides in DNA there is fifth that is present in RNA but not in DNA, Uracil (this replaces Thymine in RNA). Hypothetically if you could create an artificial molecule whose shape and chemical bonds allowed it to behave similarly to Thymine (ie it would line up in a DNA helix so that its base pair and it would be incorporated into the DNA molecule then you would have introduced a 5th base pair into DNA). How this new base pair would be transcribed by ribosomes (ie the sequence read and made use of to create proteins and other molecules) I have no idea.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 17:17   Link #1237
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

A question. In Episode 49 Amshell Said " there is no use hiding. Havent you notice?" . Then Haji becomes stronger and faster.

What exactly Amshell meant with that statement?. Was he implying that Haji wasnt using all his strenght?. Or was it that sooner or later He ( Amshell) will destroy Haji?. Or was it something else. Thx in advance.
Old 2006-10-09, 04:12   Link #1238
dragunee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
There are probabily things like mistakes in the original four DNA nucleotides that also do things like screw DNA order in the same way but all of that wouldn't make give you the power to shapeshift, heal instantly, or manifest yourself from a 180 pound cross-dresser like Amshel to a flying electric "chiro"-mon weighing maybe 1000 pounds.

Saya and Diva are born from some mummy which has been quite dead for ages and their preserved in like soft sacks (how's that supposed to preserve them and keep them all moist). After Amshel drips tiny bits of blood on them, they "hatch" and they're human-looking having the ethnicity of half-Japanese, half-french girls?
Why wouldn't they have "hatched" as two bald amazon pygmies?
They isn't any embryo goo like chicken eggs have and bats (chiropterans) are mammals so what did they evolve from?

Saya and Riku needs to drink gallons and gallons of blood to restore themselves and keep themselves health but Saya still eats like a horse each day. Saya gets stabbed by one of Diva chevaliers and she looks like she's going to die and collapse in pain. So did Riku when Schiff-trash stabbed him. But Hagi gets impaled, squeezed like a lemon, and spilled, never needs blood, shrugs off the pain like it's a party trick and can regenerate his entire body and clothes if he was vaporized.
Diva gets pregnant but I don't see how those two sacks could fit in her Riku form.
The Diva babies hatch at the end but weren't there some conditions to be meet like blood to awaken them.

Saya needs Hagi's blood to awaken from hibernation. So before Joel brought Hagi from the kidnapped orphan flea market, how did Joel awaken Saya from her sleep before??? And why can't Saya transform into anything? And why did Saya and Diva stop aging at the lucky age of a teenage girl where all hopes of reproduction would have to involve psuedo-pedo-actions?

Finally what's the secret of Solomon transforming into bat form then back to his designer suited self. Nathan gives Solomon clothes to wear but clearly clothes are optional when Amshel can transform from a middle aged man to a 120 pound Russian woman.

I agree with tsurumaru that you are right to a certain extent, but in addition to what tsurumaru mentioned i would like to advocate that this '5th' nucleatide need not neccessarily be involved in complementary base pairing to form a double helix. This nucleotide can be coded with the other bases in a single strand RNA and ultimately be translated into its respective functional protein. Julia also mentioned that this 5th nucleotide forms in the initial stage and subsequently regresses. This might suggest its role in structural development ( i.e Growth and development) of chevaliers.

as for tsurumaru, from what i know,any genetic sequence will automatically be churned out by ribosomes when it is fed with mRNA, because the ribosome does not possess the ability to identify whether the sequence is harmful to the cell. This is perhaps why scientists are able to mass produce i.e insulin in bacteria e.coli.

lol. i am not a biology major, just a student who is interested in the discipline of biology in school. I will probably study biomed when i am in university next time, but thats a long way to go :P
Old 2006-10-09, 21:26   Link #1239
ShellyKukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru View Post
While you are quite correct in stating that there are only four nucleotides in DNA there is fifth that is present in RNA but not in DNA, Uracil (this replaces Thymine in RNA). Hypothetically if you could create an artificial molecule whose shape and chemical bonds allowed it to behave similarly to Thymine (ie it would line up in a DNA helix so that its base pair and it would be incorporated into the DNA molecule then you would have introduced a 5th base pair into DNA). How this new base pair would be transcribed by ribosomes (ie the sequence read and made use of to create proteins and other molecules) I have no idea.
Well even uracil, like thymine, is still a pyrimidine. Their structures are pretty much the same except for a methyl group and both pair to adenine.
I'm not sure having a 6th would work in such a case.

Last edited by ShellyKukai; 2006-10-09 at 21:26. Reason: spelling errors
ShellyKukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 18:34   Link #1240
Dave21

Thumbs up

Just Finished Blood+ !

And it was Awesome !!! sooooo Goooddd !!!!
Just LOVE it !!!!!!
Everything was great the story, the charactars, musik !
And Saya was so pretty
I think it was very sad at the end, had to cry :P

I hope they gona make more episodes/ a follow up.
Like when saya wakes up and so on.

But i wonder who left the rose on the family grave???
Kai only sad, (So he came) or something like that.
What you guys think? was it suppost to be maybe Joel?
Or maybe Hagi still is alive ???

And was still that Nathan guy alive??? dident Saya kill him?
he is at the end as a reporter, very strange.

And do you know any other GOOD animes ??
I whatch Naruto, Bleach and Blood+
I think all this animes are a 10/10 !!!! uber !
I know there are alot of animes but you know any really good, almost as good as Naruto, Bleach , Blood+ ????

Thanks!

LOVE ANIMES FOREVER !!!!
Dave21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, supernatural