AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-03, 04:50   Link #381
Boduar

Id hate to see what most of the people in this forum would say if they saw my favorite clothes with all their worn out holes + sometimes patches. I mean holy shit is it so bad to have clothes that you enjoy wearing.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 04:53   Link #382
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes, apparently the only logical conclusion is that you're a whore.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 00:26   Link #383
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
Not sure why there's so much Lira hate. To the point where people are making fun of her clothing? Her jeans just look like the author's idea of casual futuristic clothing to me. I mean most of the guys in this show are wearing frilly scarves...
She's not all that despicable unless you're really reaching. I like the girl! Sure she's a tad on the fanatical side but I'd probably be a lot worse if I had been forced to live as a refugee under a really despicable regime, after seeing my world destroyed. Cuz let's face it, life under the Tytania tends to suck.

I guess her clothes are kinda out of place if you're watching that show for the frilly scarves. Not that I can fault them, the Tytania make frilly scarves look awesome.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 00:31   Link #384
ReddyRedWolf

Hmm... The plot thickens! Little princess' dad is also after Fan Hulick.

Who wants to bet they want him as an admiral of their fleet?

Fan is a wanted man whether he likes it or not.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 02:28   Link #385
MooMooFarm

I can't believe there are people who talk about Lira's clothes when the whole Tytania universe itself is like Star Wars + Fabulous. That and the whole series is just ... yeah.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 06:55   Link #386
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, apparently the only logical conclusion is that you're a whore.

She's getting the money to eat by some means but with prostitution she'd wear better clothes. The conclusion for her is that she wants to be a matyr for her cause and thus put the holes into her clothes so that she could wear them as long as possible. Those holes are not from actual wear and tear but from creating room for growth.

@Boduar: Depending on the fashion style and your age it wouldn't be bad. Obviously, it's not a good thing to do there. Her reason for doing this is different from just wearing out clothes that you like. Think of it as being a soldier on the side that lost in the war continuing to wear that uniform in public in an area that is controlled by the winning side.
Old 2008-11-04, 07:31   Link #387
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Arses. *Tee hee*
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 07:58   Link #388
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
She's getting the money to eat by some means but with prostitution she'd wear better clothes. The conclusion for her is that she wants to be a matyr for her cause and thus put the holes into her clothes so that she could wear them as long as possible. Those holes are not from actual wear and tear but from creating room for growth.
Or, you know, to look pretty. (For that matter, what makes you think she put those holes in? What makes you think they weren't sold that way?

And how do her clothes - which aren't rags, despite what the soldiers say - make her look like a martyr?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 08:07   Link #389
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
To those people who hate lira: you all barking at one particular tree and miss the whole forest.
Old 2008-11-04, 08:14   Link #390
ReddyRedWolf

Well it seems it will take a while before any fleet on fleet action.

Tytania getting political while Fan meets the galaxy's masses.

So who do you guys think will have first crack at Fan Hulic?

Of the four dukes of Tytania post Battle of Cerberrus.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:18   Link #391
fainessae
7 years bad luck

Weren't Lira's clothes made by her grandmother? It's probably just a trend or style that she admired in a shop and her grandma tried to make it for her. I don't see what the big deal is; the reason it's there is just eye candy anyway, since the show is predominantly pretty men. It's not even bad or overly sexualized--the weather there is probably hot too, so it makes sense that she wears a lighter outfit.

Honestly, that's such a silly reason to dig at her.
fainessae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 11:11   Link #392
MooMooFarm

SILLY REASONS OR NOT, TYTANIA DOES INDEED ATTRACT THE KIND OF PEOPLE I'D EXPECT TO SAY STUFF LIKE THIS =]

Fleet on Fleet action is fail. I for one enjoy the lack of turtle chess action and rather let the story do what it does best, spam fabulous clothing and give good trolling material while trying to be all talkative with a mix of gundam and macross.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:18   Link #393
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or, you know, to look pretty. (For that matter, what makes you think she put those holes in? What makes you think they weren't sold that way?

And how do her clothes - which aren't rags, despite what the soldiers say - make her look like a martyr?

Normal jackets don't have areas missing for sleeves and all those areas were sewn if you see the close up shots of the jacket and jeans. Pretty doubtful she bought it on the planet that she is currently on or any planet that we've seen since the fashion seems to be similar. Probably another biproduct of Tytania conquests.

It could also be the "I'm staying poor to fight for the cause of X. These clothes were made by my grandmother who was <insert position here> in the palace." which makes her a "matyr". She's obviously emotionally attached to them.
Old 2008-11-04, 18:07   Link #394
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
That's... a lot of really out there assumptions.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 21:21   Link #395
orion

Maybe I'm just too realistic. When things stick out like a sore thumb, I don't swallow it easily. I'm just a product of my environment.
Old 2008-11-04, 23:15   Link #396
Oxtail

Quote:
Normal jackets don't have areas missing for sleeves

Normal men don't wear pretty pretty sashes around their waists. The world that the show takes place in is not a normal place.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 23:32   Link #397
Cinocard

Why do people comment on the fashion of an unrealistic fictional world. I just don't understand.

Still, i was disappointed at how she acted because:
1: She's naive, to think that her body would have any effect.
2: She actually followed it too well. Still willing to give her body away, if she acted desperately, rushing into the room naked and begged not to Fan,i would have felt better than her being a good actress like that.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 03:30   Link #398
ReddyRedWolf

From fashion to ships.

Is there good source about Tytania ships, weapons and tech?
Old 2008-11-05, 04:14   Link #399
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
Normal men don't wear pretty pretty sashes around their waists. The world that the show takes place in is not a normal place.

16th and 17th century European male fashion were a lot worse.
Old 2008-11-05, 06:02   Link #400
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
16th and 17th century European male fashion were a lot worse.
They're pretty bad, though they've got nothing on the silly Tytania costumes that are just that awesome. It's Gundam Wing outfits all over again.

Tags
science fiction, space opera