AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 04:51   Link #1041
shaoron
AQS representative

wait...
is shamisen a girl now? <_<
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 05:19   Link #1042
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
wait...
is shamisen a girl now? <_<
Well, since I think the genderbending applies to everyone in the series, I think yes .
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 06:03   Link #1043
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

I like this one. Hadn't seen it in the thread yet.

DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 06:43   Link #1044
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@Kokost:

When I fill in color, it looks alot harsher than your results. Good work there.

@Keroko:

Conversion? Well, in the case of original composition of action, I use poser figurine in order to get the body proportions in the rough, then, in the case of trying to doctor images, study body profile and get an idea about how the character designer went about with the characters. I find the eyes to be the most challenging (especially with approximation of eye focus and relative proportion depending on angle of face pitch,yaw and tilt) , with face not far behind and that one screw-up with those and you'd be screaming about how much QUALITY your work turns out to be.

I cannot draw character by pen and paper lineart for some reason... they end up as horrible abomination and that I do not make clean lines regarding characters. Surprisingly the idea of inflexion points, maxima/minima and Bezier curve I picked up in drafting actually gave me the possibility of what I cannot do on paper...
Sorry, should have been more clear. What I meant by conversion was turning screens like this:

into this:

Now, some images are easilly done (captain Kyonko, for example, is easy. just trace Nagato's uniform and turn it into Kyonko) but the more unique poses are more difficult.

With this one too, I can generally see wat the creator has done, but actually doing it is a whole different matter. Anyone know how they did it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
And we broke 1k. I love you guys. (In a completely non-homo way.)

Girls are most welcome though.
What about traps?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 06:55   Link #1045
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, it's definitely done through shop, by first of all, getting down the motion in question and the artist then copies the pose in question. The greatest challenge with that picture lies with getting the anatomy correct so that Asakura and Nagato (male) do not look either too short and have their body anatomy screwed up. Kyon is actually easier since the said artist took a little more liberty actually with her. How this is actually done would be to have the original picture sit at the bottom as the background layer, then using Paint Tool Sai, Illustrator... you name it, the artist does magic. In this case, the artist looks to have done this through path tracing and fill.
In the case of Asakura vs. Nagato, the background is not redrawn, which means that only patching up the holes is needed. The artist also uses a smaller picture, which reduces the amount of details that need be replicated in the process of doctoring this image.

Spoiler for This is a doctored image that I did, with the original as well:

@shaoron: now you're asking a totally different question. Some insane artist, either doujin artist or just a reader of Suzumiya Haruhi... mostly likely from Japan. This is one of the first of the 2nd wave image for Kyonko (first being the ones made till January 2k8). I have to dig around to find out who's the unsung hero behind this.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-09 at 07:17.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 07:08   Link #1046
shaoron
AQS representative

@panzerfan
it's not of a matter how it's done, but who has the artistic skill (and craziness) to do it
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 08:33   Link #1047
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Well, it's definitely done through shop, by first of all, getting down the motion in question and the artist then copies the pose in question. The greatest challenge with that picture lies with getting the anatomy correct so that Asakura and Nagato (male) do not look either too short and have their body anatomy screwed up. Kyon is actually easier since the said artist took a little more liberty actually with her. How this is actually done would be to have the original picture sit at the bottom as the background layer, then using Paint Tool Sai, Illustrator... you name it, the artist does magic. In this case, the artist looks to have done this through path tracing and fill.
In the case of Asakura vs. Nagato, the background is not redrawn, which means that only patching up the holes is needed. The artist also uses a smaller picture, which reduces the amount of details that need be replicated in the process of doctoring this image.

Spoiler for This is a doctored image that I did, with the original as well:

@shaoron: now you're asking a totally different question. Some insane artist, either doujin artist or just a reader of Suzumiya Haruhi... mostly likely from Japan. This is one of the first of the 2nd wave image for Kyonko (first being the ones made till January 2k8). I have to dig around to find out who's the unsung hero behind this.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Trace what you can, use creativity where you can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
@panzerfan
it's not of a matter how it's done, but who has the artistic skill (and craziness) to do it
Actually, it is. I can figure out the methods myself, but if someone has a different idea, I always like to hear it. Sometimes th methods prove easier then mine.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 09:03   Link #1048
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat View Post

Thats a good one, Heh, I could almost see the conversation if they ever met. Would probably make for a funny side story fanfic involving a dimensional crossover. Hmm so the slider is Kyon, just not the one you'd expect. heh.

Also, AWESOME work so far guys, I'm incredibly impressed, keep it up. Just hoping you don't get shut down because of copyright or what ever.
Old 2008-03-09, 12:00   Link #1049
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I don't usually post here anymore, but I had to say something after I discovered this thread.

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME! KYONKO IS SO CUTE!!!!!

Here, there you go, I just had to express my appreciation
That's quite something. It says your last post was back in '06. Thanks a bunch for your support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Oh bloody hell no. I won't stand for oversized images in this thread too. It's not rocket science to use thumbnails and/or URL-links. Call me a cranky grouch if you will, but I'll neg-rep anyone who posts an image that breaks the horizontal width of my browser into a scrollbar.

Natch.
Easy there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What about traps?
Despite being danchou of genderbending, I will still muster enough willpower to say no to traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Also, AWESOME work so far guys, I'm incredibly impressed, keep it up. Just hoping you don't get shut down because of copyright or what ever.
We'll continue to do our best.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:32   Link #1050
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Hullo. Just thought I'd share the result of me randomly playing around with MS Paint:
Haruki's Classroom list

Whew... That was a lot of genderbending. Girls sure are easier to turn into boys with this method than the other way around... Oh well. It's mostly just random fun, but there are some that turned out quite OK.

(Oh, and I'm sorry about the poor image quality. I didn't have the energy to start cleaning up the source image I had... Since it would have taken ages. MS Paint is the only image editing software I own, since I have no access to photoshop and my computer refuses to run Gimp)

EDIT: That's funny... It seems to have gotten resized somewhere along the process of uploading... Oh well. I'll post a slightly bigger version if someone wishes for it, right now I don't feel the need to do so.
Old 2008-03-09, 12:52   Link #1051
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
Hullo. Just thought I'd share the result of me randomly playing around with MS Paint:
Haruki's Classroom list

Whew... That was a lot of genderbending. Girls sure are easier to turn into boys with this method than the other way around... Oh well. It's mostly just random fun, but there are some that turned out quite OK.

(Oh, and I'm sorry about the poor image quality. I didn't have the energy to start cleaning up the source image I had... Since it would have taken ages. MS Paint is the only image editing software I own, since I have no access to photoshop and my computer refuses to run Gimp)

EDIT: That's funny... It seems to have gotten resized somewhere along the process of uploading... Oh well. I'll post a slightly bigger version if someone wishes for it, right now I don't feel the need to do so.
Hey, just a question, but do you have the original image and/or a translation of it?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 12:58   Link #1052
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Heh my god, haven't checked this for ages. What about Remote Island Syndrome? The whole suspecting Yutaka killing Keiichi thing would be rebunked. Because "The person who plunged that knife must have considerable physical strength, so it's safe to say its a male" Which means the prime suspects are the SOS-Dan and Mori. Which makes it so much more complex to change. Perhaps the method of death that Koizumi will bring up have to be different? I think I'll write something up :/.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:04   Link #1053
EternallyLost02

Send a message via AIM to EternallyLost02 Send a message via Yahoo to EternallyLost02
Long time Lurker enters the brawl!

Dorkiness aside I really want to say you all have been doing great work on all fronts, art, writing, and music. It's really quite amazing to see it all unfold. The characters have been adapted in very fun ways. I can't wait till the more intro part of the story goes through to see where this goes once it starts t fully diverge off the canon path (I love AUs and Divergences). Now there are already many writers who under stand the story better then myself, and I have no talent at art so I will cheer you on from the side and help how ever I can I suppose... for now a nico nico video...

Blushing Kyonko
EternallyLost02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:11   Link #1054
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hey, just a question, but do you have the original image and/or a translation of it?
I uploaded the original image, since I can't remember where I originally got it from (probably from the SOS-dan image boards, but I'm not entirely sure).

I don't have a translation of the exact image, but I know I have the one with the characters in their sitting order, not with their relationships with each other, translated. I'm not entirely sure where it is (my computer is a maze), but I'll try to find it if you want it.

I would translate the image myself, but I can only read Hiragana, Katakana and a few kanji. In other words, the only classmates (that we don't already know) I could name would be Yanagimoto and Hinata, and the only relationship I could translate would be the stalker boy (girl in my pic). Hardly helpful, so I'll just look for the one I have. It might take a while, though.

EDIT: Found and uploaded it.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:44   Link #1055
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
I uploaded the original image, since I can't remember where I originally got it from (probably from the SOS-dan image boards, but I'm not entirely sure).

I don't have a translation of the exact image, but I know I have the one with the characters in their sitting order, not with their relationships with each other, translated. I'm not entirely sure where it is (my computer is a maze), but I'll try to find it if you want it.

I would translate the image myself, but I can only read Hiragana, Katakana and a few kanji. In other words, the only classmates (that we don't already know) I could name would be Yanagimoto and Hinata, and the only relationship I could translate would be the stalker boy (girl in my pic). Hardly helpful, so I'll just look for the one I have. It might take a while, though.

EDIT: Found and uploaded it.
Thanks a lot!

You know, I think Tanigawa is wasting an opportunity by not writing stories about their classmates in a sort of Azumanga-esque thing.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:50   Link #1056
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

I agree. I have an especial interest in a few classmates (for example, I'm a bit more cruious about why Yanagimoto dislikes Haruhi than I probably should be ). Also, interesting coincidence that there's an Arakawa in their class

That's actually the reason I came up with the idea of genderbending the whole class. It took hours, but it was pretty fun to do.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:55   Link #1057
Tangowr

Novel style art...image isn't released on nico yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCZPiUmGzAE
And another batch of image coming, probabely not as big as the other batch...

Last edited by Tangowr; 2008-03-09 at 14:29.
Tangowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 14:28   Link #1058
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCat View Post

Sorry, but on page 51, with my image batch, ten row down, three to the right...

Old 2008-03-09, 14:32   Link #1059
Tangowr

Another version manga...

Skip a couple of page...

Yuki get to stay in...XD
Old 2008-03-09, 14:32   Link #1060
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Question.

If Kyon was turned on by ponytails in the canonverse... does this also hold true for Kyonko as well? Or do we need to come up with a different fetish for her? A love of mullets? Hairbands?

Hmm...

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan