AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-25, 15:32   Link #21
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Otonashi actually wanted to stay in this world with Kanade after the others leave? Did this actually happen? If it did Otonashi is sured one messed up person.
Who does NOT want to stay alone with her?

No Kanade past so i call this animu fail.
Old 2010-06-25, 15:39   Link #22
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Who does NOT want to stay alone with her?

No Kanade past so i call this animu fail.

That's right, people do stupid things in love. Otonashi helped the others but he couldn't have disappeared even if he wanted to b/c he was too much in love with Kanade. Thus Kanade did the right thing by disappearing from Otonashi's side, only then he could find peace.

It wasn't necessary She got there b/c of Otonashi and that's that. Not everyone needs to have a tragic past
Old 2010-06-25, 16:17   Link #23
pampz21
ShipCore

almost made me cry...almost! like the ending...but it;s painful seeing an series end....it's like saying goodbye to a friend....well I learn many lessons...this anime showed me that even how unfortunate u maybe...you have to accept it...T_T bye bye!

PS: Fuck u Yuzuru....the girl stay there b/c she wants to thank u and then you give her the crap stay with me!...your the guy that started the whole SSS....and fight with the angel!

Edit:
it's well disappointing b/c 13 episode...they certainly rush it!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-06-25 at 16:34.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:38   Link #24
Goldsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
almost made me cry...almost! like the ending...but it;s painful seeing an series end....it's like saying goodbye to a friend....well I learn many lessons...this anime showed me that even how unfortunate u maybe...you have to accept it...T_T bye bye!

PS: Fuck u Yuzuru....the girl stay there b/c she wants to thank u and then you give her the crap stay with me!...your the guy that started the whole SSS....and fight with the angel!

Edit:
What? Yuri started it.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:38   Link #25
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
No he wasn't. O.o

Old 2010-06-25, 16:41   Link #26
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Edit:
Wait, we are watching the same anime right? If I am correct, Otonashi just followed SSS's blind vision and just followed in their footsteps in the war against Kanade.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:42   Link #27
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
No he wasn't. O.o
no i'm just telling that...if he didn't give his heart.... she wouldn't be there in the after life...and Yuri didn't have to make the SSS...

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-06-25, 16:46   Link #28
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
no i'm just telling that...if he didn't give his heart.... she wouldn't be there in the after life...and Yuri didn't have to make the SSS...
That's not really his fault what they did with his heart, is it?
Old 2010-06-25, 16:47   Link #29
icyhandofcrap
crap translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Yuri, the misotheist she is, would have made the SSS regardless whether or not.

Besides. Otonashi was the donor, he did get his heart to Kanade... and she died anyways (or something like that. Yay for not explaining anything!)

So Yuri would have made it anyways. If Kanade lived would have been better - but she didn't. She died irregardless of Otonashi's altruism.
I'm guessing Kanade lived on for a couple years then died, otherwise I'm not sure she would be that grateful otherwise.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:48   Link #30
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Wait, what the crap?

Like the others say, Yuri would have started the SSS with/without Kanade, she'll just pick another scapegoat to get at as the closest link to God.

Instead of saying "screw you Yuzuru." Who else has the goodwill to donate his own organs at the moment of death?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:51   Link #31
pampz21
ShipCore

well we do have different POV so let leave it to that!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-06-25, 17:06   Link #32
rejer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The ending had a nice touch, but it certainly didn't cover all the missing plot portions and the like (backstory of many characters, notably odd balls like Shiina and TK for instance).

But I guess this was the least "problematic" presentation they could have done, with only 1 episode.
I must say that the plot twist regarding Kanade wasn't that surprising (I was actually speculating that, except I didn't expect Kanade among all characters to be that person, still), but it certainly ties with a lot of things (far fetched assumption, but perhaps that also explain why Kanade stabbed Yuzuru).

For all it is worth, I'm not really buying the "romance" between Kanade and Yuzuru considering how the attachment was pretty ambigous, and not really romance driven (the only "obvious" portion of that was Yuzuru blushing when he invited Kanade for the fishing party, and that's not really convincing if you ask me), but it still has some bases for it.
That being said, the farewell scene was well done (albeit the fate of Yuzuru could have gone extremely wrong => similar to the programmer, I guess), and the post ending sequence sort of clear things (thank goodness the coma / matrix theory was pretty much nullified with that).

This series really needed more time to flesh everyone out. That or a VN format (I would rather have the latter but heh).
And no, I don't think removing all the comedy would have done any good: it would dramatically turn the franchise into a very gloomy and not so empathic environment for the characters. That wouldn't allow more development for the cast either so to speak.
Even though I pretty much agree with you (expect the Kanade twist) I have to say that I got what I wanted in the end. In the recent episodes I was only looking forward to that scene. So this makes the whole series good for me. It's nowhere near perfect but only good.
I was going to make a pun on how Shiina's dogs were going to succeed the SSS but it seems npcs came back so they'll not be alone in that world.

Edit: Well both Kanade and Otonashi had a special bond so even if we couldn't see much development between them it's still ok. If we can accept something like Hideki x Yui marriage, Oto x Kana pairing is definitely possible.
You know I hate it when Otonashi doesn't think for himself and Hideki needs to correct him. Oto'd done the same thing on The Kanade rescue mission too. He just comes forward saying I will go/do etc. without thinking and Hideki corrects him saying that Kanade is waiting for him. It's kind of annoying.
But I liked how after seeing everyone off he said that he wanted to stay with her. It's like betraying everything and everyone. He actually tried to live in that world with his lover forever. This is good.

Last edited by rejer; 2010-06-25 at 17:36.
Old 2010-06-25, 17:40   Link #33
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Someone called it...:
That's pretty much it, and a good explanation of the show itself.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-25, 17:50   Link #34
mayumi

yurixhinata seemed more with feelings than the whole confession between the otonashixkanade honestly.
at the very least hinata never disappreared before yuri did first.
some one needs to make hinata the main character needs to animate the novels. fuuny how yuri was blushing after hinata called her cute.
Old 2010-06-25, 18:16   Link #35
rejer

Quote:
Seeing how Kanade needed a new heart I doubt she wouldn't come to that world if she didn't get his heart. She would be in that world with a reason like Yui's.

I wonder if someone is sent to that world right after they die. If we assume that Kanade got his heart after he died that would mean Kanade died after Oto did. But she was already in that world when he'd arrived. I wonder how it works.

It seems Kanade never had a graduation ceremony. Does this mean she couldn't graduate even from elementary school? Or junior high school? Can you implant a grown-up person's heart into a child's body like Kanade's? And this is also the reason why she's too small? Looking at the last scene it seems like it's just her disposition though.

Last edited by rejer; 2010-06-25 at 18:48.
Old 2010-06-25, 18:27   Link #36
Key Board
Carbon

This is going to be a polarizing episode

I personally don't mind Yuzuru being very human with his feelings. In fact, I find it preferable.

The final moments in a gist is basically this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GNhdQRbXhc

Still as a show, this was very hit and miss.

Last edited by Key Board; 2010-06-25 at 18:40.
Old 2010-06-25, 19:43   Link #37
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

What's with the characters in this episode? It's like we have an entirely new cast all of a sudden.
Yuri turning into hardcore tsundere, kanade being awkwardly cheerful and otonashi being a heartless bastard (sorry..).

Accomplished organ transplanting shifted my judgement from painful to just plain bad though, this ep would have been better as a standalone OVA as it had little to do with the preceding events anyway.

Edit: I just realized I'm pretty pissed off that Kanade's unovercomable grief in life was not being able to thank the organ donor. It's ridiculous really, and imagine all donor recipients going through the same process...
Old 2010-06-25, 19:43   Link #38
Knightrunner

I wonder how Kanade came in the World first if she recieved Otanashi's Heart (part of the reason why I didn't suspect Kande to have Otanashi's heart). It seems like Kande was in the World way before Otanashi came. Maybe the Afterlife is just a one second of regular time and so souls pop up randamly in different events.

Maybe Kanade actually lived, but techniqually died in a moment, but got revived when they transplated Otanshi's heart

So many unexplain answers are in this episode like any other episode.

If anybody saw this subbed make sure to tell everybody for we can all be up to date together like how everybody in Angel Beats should have disappeared together.
Old 2010-06-25, 19:53   Link #39
Joly
モエカステル

...eh. I really would have liked Otonashi and Kanade's relationship to stay more as a brother-sister-type of relationship. ._. I did not get the feeling of a romantic relationship either. It felt like it came out of nowhere there.
Old 2010-06-25, 20:03   Link #40
KariOhki

Mah. So much left unexplained. So Kanade got there by magic I s'pose? Or really strong feelings mixed with magic.

This whole series had plot twists out of left field, there's no way to come up with the ending by watching the first few eps.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
Closed Thread