AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-05, 13:01   Link #81
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Yuri teasing is common for most of the series with the all-girl cast. So I was not excepting something more explicite. It is not so much ther kiss itself (it is just on the cheek) after all as Kanos reaction after doing it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-05, 19:26   Link #82
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This doesn't confirm Kano and Mahiru will become a couple, but Kano at the very least is definitely gay. I wonder if this will actually be relevant to her fallout with her teammates and her mother. Would be really interesting.
If I had to craft a theory from this I'd say that Kano started having feeling for one of the other members of Sunflower Dolls (My gut is telling me Mero) and got mixed signals. Kano probably tried her luck only to realize things weren't what she thought. Things could've gotten heated and devolved into a physical altercation. Or worse Knao tried to keep her preferences a secret only for a person she trusted to either emotionally manipulate her before betraying her. However that second part might be little too dark for this show.
Old 2024-05-06, 01:47   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

About half way through and I think the following problems is why the anime isn't popular like Yorimoi

1. The topic is too modern. Traveling and going to Antartica? Cool. VTubers, high school drop outs, idols, illustrators? I can go outside to find these things. Why should I watch a convenient version of reality?
On top of that, the focus is split between each one, so there is no specialization in the topic.

2. There is no real tension and catharsis. The reason for their breakthrough is that her sister conveniently talked, that they conveniently didn't realize their mistake, and that people conveniently found this mistake super funny. How am I supposed to react to this? Outside of... 'Kay...

3. The visuals are pretty, but the presentation is lacking. Even the whole "ED is changing each episode as their video making techniques get better" loses its impact after it becomes clear what they are doing

4. Please, please do not follow-up on this lesbian sub-plot. Please focus on the creation story. Yorimoi didn't need yuri bait

5. The VA of the singer of the group has the worst singing skills

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-06, 02:10   Link #84
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm also thinking the former band drama was probably on the topic of what just happened...or they're baiting hard.
Old 2024-05-06, 08:33   Link #85
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yorimoi
I'm kinda surprised we're still getting Yorimoi comparisons. Maybe you should be watching Shuu shuu Train or something instead. I think the Girls Band Cry scriptwriter actually worked on Yorimoi...
Old 2024-05-07, 02:04   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm kinda surprised we're still getting Yorimoi comparisons. Maybe you should be watching Shuu shuu Train or something instead. I think the Girls Band Cry scriptwriter actually worked on Yorimoi...
I'll watch both (assuming you mean Shuumatsu Train). And no, I can only stomach so much fugly CG in one season. I'm full with Highspeed (bad) and Rinkai (meh). Yes, it is by the same guy and I hear it isn't bad, as expected, but I'm not gonna watch it since its CG.

It's true that it certainly is no Yorimoi, what an insult to it, but I can still use it to compare how a "Girls working towards a dream" is done good vs bad
Of course, as an original anime, I do wish it somehow gets better from here and becomes incredible, but we have like 7 episodes left and fear we are gonna spend most of them like episode 5, one girl at a time, and then rounding up the thing with a 3-episode arc on something like "Hey, you kids shouldn't feel bad if you are a freelancing singer or artist or highschool dropout" message

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:23   Link #87
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I most definitely did not have on my bingo card the street performance idol from episode 1 coming back for a heartwarming mother's day episode. Killer triangle solo too. This show is full of surprises.
Old Today, 14:14   Link #88
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

At least they did not frorget about last episode teasing, but put it away for now. "Baba-idol" was fun and her daughter was cute, plus it gave the JELEE an opportunity to write the song for someone else and perform live again. Let's see where it will go now.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote