AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Series rating for Naruto
10 out of 10: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 8 10.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 22.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 31.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 12.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 5.19%
4 out of 10 : Mediocre 1 1.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Dociousaliexpilisticfragicalirupes 2 2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-01-15, 16:39   Link #61
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I second this. If Kishi was planning to kill Neji all along, he should have done it in part 1, where it would have been far more emotional. Dying for Naruto's cause about Sasuke is bound to create some interesting tension between Konoha 11 and would create opportunities for character development. It sucks so much that they're side-lined in Shippuden when they were such major characters.
in fairness, i did really want them to be alive at the time, particularly neji. and i was relieved when they were. but that was mostly because i wanted to see them as jounins and be relevant in future stories. if i knew then what i know now, i would have been pissed that they lived
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 16:46   Link #62
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
in fairness, i did really want them to be alive at the time, particularly neji. and i was relieved when they were. but that was mostly because i wanted to see them as jounins and be relevant in future stories. if i knew then what i know now, i would have been pissed that they lived
Good point, it's not like I was blood thirsty myself

As for the ending, I wonder if Boruto can wield Jyukenhou and the Byakugan. That's be so cool, Kishi, please don't make him a Naruto 2.0 with his version of Rasengan xD (Though Jyukenhou Rasengan might be interesting )
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 03:16   Link #63
ChuckE
Provoker

What can I say....It was a good though unbalanced. In shippuden power balance was pretty random where Naruto and Sasuke achieved almost god level powers and other character were no match for them. Also Madara was a good enemy. At least he had "Oh wow! He is badass!" moments.

I am more interested in how powerful Sasuke is now...And whether Orochimaru is still trying to steal his body

Also Sakura&Sasuke child (forgot he name) what kind of "eyes" she is able to awake?

Last edited by ChuckE; 2015-01-21 at 03:40.
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 09:52   Link #64
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Also Sakura&Sasuke child (forgot he name) what kind of "eyes" she is able to awake?
mostlikely the sharingan :/ afterall except for some people...(sasuke/oro/kabuto), nobody else knows what they need to do in order to get MS :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 13:46   Link #65
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
mostlikely the sharingan :/ afterall except for some people...(sasuke/oro/kabuto), nobody else knows what they need to do in order to get MS :/
based on DBZ's continual power level upping throughout generations (trunks and goten being SS) I think it's safe to assume that naruto and sasuke's kids will be able to power their abilities up to at least comparable levels as naruto and sasuke. there's no way salada will only have normal sharingan when all is said and done with her story
Old 2015-01-22, 06:52   Link #66
LevelSeven

Quote:
based on DBZ's continual power level upping throughout generations (trunks and goten being SS)
i hoped it would be different

Quote:
I think it's safe to assume that naruto and sasuke's kids will be able to power their abilities up to at least comparable levels as naruto and sasuke. there's no way salada will only have normal sharingan when all is said and done with her story
i doubt that, wasnt the new series about bolt and everyday life? exspecially if the world is in "peace" and only minor fights happen... wouldnt this mean that they wont "grow"? sarada wont need another mode except the 3-tomoe sharingan :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 19:05   Link #67
Sky Field

I meant to give it a 6/10, but rated it 7/10 on the poll by accident.

When it was great, it was really great; top tier battle shounen great. When it sucked, it was a complete abomination. So it all balances out to average, which is a shame because there was the potential for something much better. At the hands of a less traditional writer, perhaps there could have been some legitimately badass female characters. The final villain had the personality of a brick, and Sakura at her best was still miles behind Naruto and Sasuke in terms of power levels.
Sky Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 12:17   Link #68
itachi-san314

After reading this interview with Oda and Kishimoto it gave me the impression that the tree and fruit that Kaguya ate was also an homage to One Piece's Devil Fruits. It clearly has Christian implications but I think it's also a nod to Oda as well. I knew that they knew each other, but I didn't realize how much they cared about each others' careers until I read this.
Old 2015-04-30, 12:46   Link #69
cyberdemon

Quote:
After reading this interview with Oda and Kishimoto it gave me the impression that the tree and fruit that Kaguya ate was also an homage to One Piece's Devil Fruits. It clearly has Christian implications but I think it's also a nod to Oda as well. I knew that they knew each other, but I didn't realize how much they cared about each others' careers until I read this.
When Naruto 700 came out, they was an homage to One Piece with Boruto's vadalism. One Piece too had an homage to Naruto.
Old 2016-10-22, 15:47   Link #70
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Old 2016-10-29, 22:29   Link #71
Midnight_Commander

The war arc and power-up/fan-service nonsense severely damaged this manga in my opinion, but I really, really enjoyed this story overall.

I grew up watching kung-fu/ninja flicks so I can always appreciate ninja stories, but this manga truly set itself apart from the rest to me with the chakra system and techniques. I really started enjoying the story during the chunin exam arc. I loved the ninja team dynamic, and I can never forget how blown away I was by Neji's fight vs the Spider ninja. I loved how they narrated their techniques and strategy.

By early part II, when the rookies were older and stronger with new abilities, forget enjoying the manga, I was addicted. Sakura's fight with Sasori also blew me away and I couldn't wait to see what new abilities the other akatsuki had as well as the rookies(I was particularly anticipating Neji's). I thought Sauske's progression training with Oro was really cool and I was really enjoying the dark avenger direction Kishimoto seemed to be taking him on when he created "Hebi" --I thought it would have been the beginning of a new clan he wanted to rebuild, or perhaps a possible counter group to akatsuki.

To me the manga started to really take a dive around the Pein arc, when none of the rookies really had anything to show for all their time off-screen, and only Naruto and Sasuke were really progressing. It was still an awesome story with great techniques/jutsu and fights, but all of these bells and whistles were now fixated on only a couple of characters, which began to really annoy me despite how cool the techniques still were. I missed seeing the diversity of part I, and the story started feeling very forced and contrived(more than usual). How can an entire village (especially Konoha) seem so useless against Pein?

The last arc before the end that I really enjoyed was the Kage summit (minus naruto letting that cloud ninja beat him up). The bee and naruto arc was nearly unbearable, and the war arc... I honestly almost stopped reading the manga for good when I saw the rookies in kyuubi cloaks with rasengans. How could Kishimoto humiliate them like that? Anyway, at that point I just wanted to see how the story would end. I followed it for this long, so why not...

Much to my surprise, I really liked the ending and it was far better than what I expected from the manga at that point. It seems like Kishmoto had a very polished idea for the ending for quite a while, but perhaps struggled with the latter parts of the middle because he changed his mind about a few things. Who knows... I really enjoyed their dialogue at the end, as I always wished they had more dialogue throughout the manga; and Sakura coming in to heal was very team 7esque.

I love the ninja techniques in this manga so much that I will most likely read Boruto along with you guys, but I wont take it nearly as seriously as I did Naruto.

Also, a major part of the fun this manga has also been reading these forums: The funny, sarcastic barbs from people like vindi89, Itachi-san314, artful_dodger when proving someone wrong and winning a debate, voices of reason like James(unless you insult one-peice :P) and hunter, and of course the fanboyish people (who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are :P) who always defend a naruto powerup to the death, and argue for even more of them no matter how ridiculous it becomes lol --I'm half joking. All jokes aside, I had a great time reading this story along with you all.
Midnight_Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-02, 11:11   Link #72
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I first started Naruto when I was 15 years old. I was not only interested in the action, but also the fact the characters had a lot doubts when fighting. For example, both Naruto and Sasuke experienced a lot of fear when facing Zabuza in the first battle. However, their will allowed them to surpass it and fight together.

Something that also surprised me is the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. It took a lot of episodes, but neither Naruto or Sakura could bring him back. As a result, I really expected their second (or third?) fight in Part II. What really got me in Part II, is that Sasuke had a lot of screentime and balanced it with Naruto's. Also, Shikamaru's development after his Asuma's death was my pretty good.

Now, moving to mixed feelings, I expected the series to end after Pain/Nagato was defeated. I wanted to see Naruto and Sasuke's final fight there with Taka possibly fighting other guys from Konoha. Instead we got a lot of other characters who I can't barely remember. Madara's character felt really cheap so I wanted him to be the series' final boss after both Naruto and Sasuke become friends. Nevertheless, I liked the ending as well as the movies, The Last and Boruto.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 04:36   Link #73
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I finally finished the manga series.

Gotta admit, making it through the last chapter gave a feeling of fulfillment... a milestone moment where you had finished two of the Big Three manga series after Bleach. Too bad, I don't remember everything about the 700 chapters, but I think that Kishimoto has both good and bad moments.

The Ninja War arc read kinda better than the Pain Arc for me. Pain went down easier on the emotional level, while Madara remained a threat despite going down. Also, there were awesome fights all around.

There are two things I disliked about the Ninja War arc was how the keikaku shifted from Madara to Obito to Madara to Black Zetsu and finally to Kaguya. The other was the reveal of reincarnation and destiny as a focal point in the conflict between Naruto and Sasuke. What exactly happened to talent versus hard work? And to top it all off, Neji had to die, seemingly symbolizing the supremacy of fate and destiny above all.

I know a bit about post-Naruto plot to continue the story from this point onwards... probably except for the Boruto manga. The designs aren't really good.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 13:47   Link #74
Eragon
Still Alive

The talent vs hard work thing was dead the moment Lee was introduced as the ultimate jobber. The only reason naruto is anything is the same reason ichigo is anything. Hack powers since the day they were conceived.
Old 2018-10-14, 23:35   Link #75
Gaia82

Good mana with me. 10 point for other mana
Old 2018-10-16, 10:43   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I recommend checking this analysis. The uploader explores almost every fragment of one character. Also, he focuses on other series so his channel seems pretty good.
Old 2018-10-19, 03:49   Link #77
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Had its ups and downs but overall had a nice ending, then Boruto showed up and steam rolled all that hard work down the drain. Would've preferred an open ending after his movie.
Old 2018-10-28, 17:25   Link #78
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

An analysis about Naruto's interactions with others. There are analysis about other series in the two vids I posted that might be word watching.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2018-10-28 at 17:54.
Old 2018-10-28, 18:05   Link #79
bakato

Oh, this is a good one.
Old 2018-10-29, 10:38   Link #80
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I recommend checking the uploader's vids. The ones who commented on Sasuke's characterization did some good analysis about the bonds in One Piece while this latest one talks about Hunter X Hunter.