AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2008-08-14, 11:35   Link #101
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Or rather, it would be if we could all read Japanese.

Looking around, I don't see anything that looks like a release date. Has anyone else gleaned that information from the website?
At the moment, apart from Simon providing a translation of the News Page, including a release on Cobalt of a one-shot take on Yuuki's universe, which I refer to as "Shakamite".
Old 2008-10-24, 07:29   Link #102
sakura8429

Quote:
Does anyone know who is the girl beside Yumi in Marimite light novel no 28?

I never see that face before
Isn't that my dear Takeshima Tsutako???? or am i mistaken?
sakura8429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 22:14   Link #103
asonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura8429 View Post
Isn't that my dear Takeshima Tsutako???? or am i mistaken?
It's Tsukato. I'm sure about that.
asonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:51   Link #104
Iras88
Sachiko is MINE

Hi!

This is my first post in this forum thing (joined today...five minutes ago actually)

because I started watching MSGM over the summer aaaand I love it sooo much.

I watch it for Sachiko. And Yumi lol but mostly just Sachiko <3

anyways I have a qestion:

Even if it IS airing in Japan next month....doesn't that mean I'll have to still wait FOREVER for someone to sub it in eng and post it on the internet?

And there was a part I found really confusing....but I can't remember it right now so I'll just post it when I remember it I guess.

Oh I thought of another question!

If Sachiko used to love Kashiwagi (or whatever his name is...suguru?) doesn't that mean she likes guys? unless meeting Yumi made her like girls....which wouldmake her bi?

Plus what happens when she has to marry him? That would suck for her, Yumi, and him because he's gay right?

Does anyone know if they kiss in the manga or novels? And I heard the last novel is coming out soon...or the last manga?

Sorry for so many questions I've just always "guested" this site and was so lazy to ever join. But now that I'm sick in bed I have nothing else to do so yeah, these are all my thoughts lmao.

Sorry!

EDIT:

I remember that really weird part that confused me.

It was in the first OVA, 3rd season thingy where Yuuki asks Yumi what kind of girl she likes....that was kind of weird to me...like...i know he knows she likes Sachiko but by wording it like that it sounded like he was calling her a lesbian or something "what kinda chicks you into sis"ya know?

Last edited by Iras88; 2008-12-28 at 23:05.
Iras88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:35   Link #105
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
He ask what type she likes iirc, referring to guys, but she goes on to basically list Sachiko's personality traits. So the moment sort of goes awkward.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 18:44   Link #106
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So what is this anime/light novel etc about?
Old 2009-01-03, 19:12   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
So what is this anime/light novel etc about?
Here's a summary of the first season for you, which should do the job.

Yumi is a first year student at the Lillian School For Girls, an exclusive all girl's catholic school. The school has a tradition that older girls take a younger girl as their little sister or "soeur" in order to instruct and look out for them. Though Yumi admires Sachiko, a reserved second year student who is a member of the student council, she has no hopes of being chosen as her soeur. When an innocent encounter leads Sachiko to impulsively ask Yumi to be her soeur, Yumi is suddenly brought into the inner circle of the Roses, who are the members of the student council. With Sachiko at her side, Yumi begins to unravel and understand the relationships between the Roses and their soeurs and figure out her own feelings for Sachiko.
Old 2009-01-04, 12:47   Link #108
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just so you don't expect the wrong things, this is by no means a yuri series like the mistakenly similar Strawberry Panic. It rather falls into the shoujo-ai/school life territory.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 12:49   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just so you don't expect the wrong things, this is by no means a yuri series like the mistakenly similar Strawberry Panic. It rather falls into the shoujo-ai/school life territory.
I wouldn't label this show a Yuri anime, though there's still some Yuri elements in the series. Just very well hidden ones.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:49   Link #110
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Question:

Spoiler for from the novels!:

Thx ^_^

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2009-01-13 at 17:41.
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:49   Link #111
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Question:
Thx ^_^
Hi, I posted a reply here (hopefully without spoiling too much): http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...38&postcount=2
Old 2009-01-14, 05:06   Link #112
Molenir

Someone asked in another of the threads about Touko-chan, and Yumi's petite soeur. It caused me to try to remember when Touko-chan first appeared. So I ended up rewatching a good portion of both the first series, and all of the second.

Touko-chan and Noriko-chan both first appeared in Episode 7 of Spring.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 12:42   Link #113
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Another question...
Spoiler for Sachiko Spoilerage from novels?:
Old 2009-01-14, 14:54   Link #114
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Another question...
Spoiler for Sachiko Spoilerage from novels?:
Actually thats the point behind it all. Its not suppose to be very straightforward that way. Think about brotherhood, Sisterhood is pretty much the same thing there is a thin line.
Old 2009-01-15, 00:01   Link #115
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Question: Do people consider the Light Novels or the Manga better? I've heard the Novels contain more detailed stuff, but their not available in english from the beginning are they?
I know the manga is scanalated, but does it follow the story? from what i saw of it I like the drawings. (altho sachiko looks diff) but what is the general view of the manga? good? bad? worse than novels? better?
how about compared to anime?

THXX!
Old 2009-01-15, 01:41   Link #116
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

I like the novels better; well, it's much better detailed, especially regards to describing the characters' inner thoughts. The manga is not too bad though. I enjoyed it. I recall it tries to be a bit more "helpful" than the novels, explaining things in somewhat simpler terms. I also had the impression that it was more faithful to the original plot than the anime.

Sorry, it's been a while since I last read it. But in short, I liked it.
Old 2009-02-03, 22:42   Link #117
4Tran

Moved demographics question to Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th season discussion thread.
Old 2009-03-22, 14:05   Link #118
rgy

Hi!

I have 3 question regarding Haru episode 07.

I know these are difficult particular questions, but i hope there's a big fan out there who's an expert on this topic.

I'm the translator of the entire series in Hungary, i'm always trying to add as much note as possible. I was able to find out which temple Shimako and Noriko went to in OVA 01, but this seems too much for me.
In addition to my admiration towards japanese culture, my favorite characters are Shimako and Noriko, that's why i want to do this properly.

1.: What is the name of the buddhist temple Norkio visited in Kyoto to see the Kannon-zou (which is shown to the public once in every 20 years) the day before her entrance exam to her first-choice school?

2.: Name of the temple run by Shimako's father. According to a web source it's on the outskirts of Tokyo. Or maybe it's fictious?
3.: Some basic info about that sculptor named Yuukai, creator of Miroku-zou statute kept at this temple.

I get a feeling that my question will remain unanswered, but i'm grateful in advance just for reading this.
rgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 19:27   Link #119
kitten320

How many novels are out so far? I have found 33 vols in RAW. Is that it for time being?
Old 2010-12-07, 16:15   Link #120
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
How many novels are out so far?
37, if you include the Premium Book and Illustration Collection - there's a complete list on Wikipedia. The 38th novel, Step, is due out December 28th.