AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-18, 19:45   Link #41
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Hopefully Kishi won't saddle Naruto with injuries every time he tries to do this. I can get inexperience putting him out in a minor way this time (even if it is an unbelievably trivial injury by comparison to the norm), but hurting himself every time would just be nonsense.
Old 2010-08-18, 22:38   Link #42
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
"its some kind of giant blowfish" LOL if there's even more degrading than that...

"why all the strong guys here are idiots" i agree with that
Old 2010-08-18, 23:01   Link #43
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That poor turtle.
Old 2010-08-18, 23:22   Link #44
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Huh, that was surprisingly uninteresting. Killer Bee seems to have been hit with the idiot stick too as he just lets Samehada bite him and eat his chakra for no apparent reason. At least the fighting was alright though the sprained ankle still bugs me. But whatever, we will get our conclusion later.
Old 2010-08-18, 23:36   Link #45
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
At least it will be a short fight. Ironically by boxing in the shark with the scroll, Gai probably sealed his own fate. Never mind that one hit kill attacks don't have a good track record of working in shonen. But If the message gets back to Madara, then there is no reason for Kisame to live. If the message doesn't, then Kishi needs Kisame to escape and reveal to Madara about Naruto and Kumo's war plans. Also it would be nice to see Lee, Tenten, and Neji succeed where Gai failed against Kisame. I thought the focus of the manga was on Naruto's generation? Why should Gai succeed where Kakashi and Asuma have failed against Akatsuki? The guy hasn't been in the manga for years and then pops up and scores a win against a powerful Akatsuki? Doesn't add up.

Nothing anyone can do about the ankle. Kishi just couldn't figure out a way to explain why Naruto is out of the picture for a while. And it's nice to see Naruto hasn't become a Wolverine/Superman clone. He is still human with human weaknesses outside of Sage Mode. And KB is all but begging to be captured. But who will do it?

Even Kishi himself is joking about everyone carrying the Idiot Ball. It will be great when we return to the intelligent fights(and intelligent ninja) rather than the pure power that Kishi seems to favor right now.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:42   Link #46
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Kisame will definitely lose next chapter, but I don't think he'll die. He knows a lot about Akatsuki and Madara, and I'd love to see a flashback detailing the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist and what Madara did as Mizukage.

Then he'll go to ninja jail.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 00:12   Link #47
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Maybe Gai will use some ninjutsu, that will probably be immpowered by the opening of seven gates (one hit kill).

The reason Naruto has a sprained ankle is very simple. Every time after Naruto does something cool Kishi has to make him look pathetic (like he did after Pain battle and many other times).

Btv I could totally see Gai dieing and than Naruto pumping his chaklra (which is full of life force) into him thus saving him (almost the same with what happened with Chiyo and Garra).

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-08-19 at 00:43.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 02:04   Link #48
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Chapter was very entertaining. I loved the summon in mid-air. Poor turtle.

Also, what's up with Samehada? It originally looked like it betrayed KillerB, but the more I look at it, the more I start doubting it. 'It' seemed surprised when Kisame grabbed it to suck out KillerB's chakra.

Kisame also didn't bother taking it with him, nor did it follow him.

What do you guys reckon? Given that KillerB's naturally empathetic towards creatures/monsters, maybe he had it right when he said Kisame was just using Samehada?

Or am I looking into it a tad too much?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 02:09   Link #49
james0246

^No, I got the same impression as well. Samehade was, for lack of a better word, cute during this chapter. It almost looked like it was wagging its hilt as if it were a little tail...So, I expect that the mean old Kisame was treating Samehade much the same as Michael Vick treated his gogs...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 03:00   Link #50
Lunarskylar

yea, there's a panel back when kisame was first revealed inside samehada with him commenting that samehada betraying him and giving kb's chakra back wasn't planned but helped his plan

guess bee will keep samehada and will prob put him on suigetsu's list, oh wait bee already pwned suigetsu
Old 2010-08-19, 03:51   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Haha, Kishimoto is really bad at making excuses as to why Naruto and Killer Bee couldn't fight. Well I have to admit, this was still pretty entertaining. Guy was seriously cool, this chapter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 04:57   Link #52
yakumo-chan

I have a question.... did kisame left his sword??

also... I really loved the "One hit Kill" of Gai Sensei!
Old 2010-08-19, 07:20   Link #53
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
yeah he left it rather he was abandoned because Samehada takes a liking to Bee's chakra
Old 2010-08-19, 07:22   Link #54
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Doesn't anyone find it weird that Kisame decided to use this jutsu as his last card ''Water Release: Great Shark Missile Technique!! Where the Zetsu clone tried to use the same jutsu before Raikage and Bee cut his head off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I want Gai to die because if Kisame dies then its just retarded, Madara started a war that the 5 nations considered to be a giant threat but he only has 3 other people on his side. If Kisame dies then it is 5 nations versus 3 people

Nah i want Kisame to die, by sending the message trough the shark for Madara he has no real purpose anymore. Also it wont be three people vs 5 nations it's going to be four people plus all akatsuki zombies and seven bijus vs 5 nations.
Old 2010-08-19, 07:25   Link #55
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I want Gai to die because if Kisame dies then its just retarded, Madara started a war that the 5 nations considered to be a giant threat but he only has 3 other people on his side. If Kisame dies then it is 5 nations versus 3 people

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 07:56   Link #56
kitten320

You forget zombie-akatsuki.
Old 2010-08-19, 08:25   Link #57
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Meh rushed by Kishi. If he's not going to do the fight properly, why have it all.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 09:16   Link #58
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Also it would be nice to see Lee, Tenten, and Neji succeed where Gai failed against Kisame. I thought the focus of the manga was on Naruto's generation? Why should Gai succeed where Kakashi and Asuma have failed against Akatsuki? The guy hasn't been in the manga for years and then pops up and scores a win against a powerful Akatsuki? Doesn't add up.
The focus is on Naruto himself. He's at the very forefront of the generation that's gradually coming into power, but the others still have a long way to go and many enemies are still just way too powerful for them to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Hopefully Kishi won't saddle Naruto with injuries every time he tries to do this. I can get inexperience putting him out in a minor way this time (even if it is an unbelievably trivial injury by comparison to the norm), but hurting himself every time would just be nonsense.
Naruto hurting his ankle was just

One thought immediately came to mind

I guess it was necessary to keep Naruto and Killer Bee out of this fight and let Gai shine but this was kinda contrived. I mean, it looked like Naruto landed with similar amount of force taking out cyborg Pein. As for Gai vs. Kisame, the fight lacking in variety but it's still pretty exciting.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 09:33   Link #59
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Nah i want Kisame to die, by sending the message trough the shark for Madara he has no real purpose anymore. Also it wont be three people vs 5 nations it's going to be four people plus all akatsuki zombies and seven bijus vs 5 nations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post

Whoa... that's so weird. Milan quoted and responded to Cub's post... before Cub posted??

Iz liek genjutsuuuu
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:03   Link #60
Ashaman

About Naruto's ankle - It's a little weird, but I think it should just be overlooked. The fact that Naruto hurt himself by going full force with his shiny new power up that he hasn't had any practice with... well, it doesn't not make sense.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion