AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 115 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-01, 18:40   Link #21
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
one thing im pondering about is if Raki had just gotten some kinda sick Yoma infusion from the destroyer rod + prissy hand wouldnt his new fighting prowess come as a shock to him also?

Throughout his fight with the twins Raki looked like the epitome of confidence. He knew he was a badass and he was cool as a cucumber while fighting 2 of the strongest claymores out there.

This is kinda a small point but its got me thinking that whatever got Raki this strong would have happened a long time ago and Raki being a full blown Claymore is not it since he needed Prissy to help him pick out the Yoma in that village back when he just made his return to the manga.

I guess I need to wait for the english translation to be clear on this since it may have been addressed in plain dialog only and not visually.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:41   Link #22
claremore

Spoiler for names for no 1 claymores spoilers:

and wow..i cant believe raki is probably a claymore now o.o ..i actually liked raki better when he was weak lol

Last edited by claremore; 2011-06-01 at 18:59.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:41   Link #23
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
It was heavily implied in the manga.
It could defiantly be interpreted as such... but "implied" well truth be told I wouldn't know since it's the what the raw saws that really matters most here and I can't read Japanese. In the English versions I would say it's 50/50.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:43   Link #24
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Raki is able to fight against numbers 1? Sorry but that impossible. The only way is that raki was infected by pris and is getting power to be able to defend against those twins.

Wanted to talk about those pris / clare posts- another day. I just stunned with raki abilities. He is no longer human. no one can believe that he is able to defect an attack with those 2 girls ( I mean while that twin is with her arm awakened)
Old 2011-06-01, 18:48   Link #25
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Shoot.... can't find the chapter Is the English scans out already? Tried googling but it didn't work -_-
Old 2011-06-01, 18:50   Link #26
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
The chapter isn't out in English as of yet - at least not on the usual site.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:51   Link #27
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Shoot.... can't find the chapter Is the English scans out already? Tried googling but it didn't work -_-
That site is likely too busy working on Bleach atm...

Though maybe it's because there new translator (can i say his name... forgetting the rule about that... best not to atm) doesn't rush and strives for quality over speed. Good news is he'll likely give us a 100% accurate translation that really well worded too. Bad news it might take him an extra hour or two vs the other guy... in the long run I'd rather have quality and suffer for an extra few hours now then have to deal with bad ambiguous translations for ever in debates.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:53   Link #28
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Not to mention D. Gray-man....

But in all seriousness, the last few chapters have been available in English practically same day, so keep your fingers crossed.

Edit:
Bleach is now available, so with no D. Gray-man this month... maybe Claymore next?

Last edited by Falcor; 2011-06-01 at 19:19.
Old 2011-06-01, 18:57   Link #29
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Not to mention D. Gray-man....
Right... hmm... they usually post the best chapters first unless the difference is negligible then they aim for popularity first. Of late that means Claymore has been towards the end but there was times when it was there first order of business. So I guess it depends on a few factors besides just Bleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
But in all seriousness, the last few chapters have been available in English practically same day, so keep your fingers crossed.
True... I do recall reading on one of the threads on there site that Claymore only takes an hour or two to clean vs other mangas which take many many hours to do so.

but note this is our second chapter with the new translator... whom aims for quality over speed. Finally neither English nor Japanese is his native tongue
Old 2011-06-01, 19:01   Link #30
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Thank you all. But wonder if y'all googled the word 'Claymore' in Chinise or Japanase (well, since you had said the Chinise scans always goes first...)

As to the discussion of the chap before I get left behind... it seems the rods injected in Raki's arm did effect quite well. So, he's considered as a male Claymore now?
Old 2011-06-01, 19:03   Link #31
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Thank you all. But wonder if y'all googled the word 'Claymore' in Chinise or Japanase (well, since you had said the Chinise scans always goes first...)
I did... but used a site other than google to do it. Wish I could say what site
Old 2011-06-01, 19:07   Link #32
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
this kinda hurts. I just saw all chapter in Chinese(?) and I can’t help anyone. Look people there is anothers claymores foruns that give the direction…. You guys might take a look to it – at least for the next month
--//..

It seems like miria is even less powerful then raki. He is dealing with the twins with extreme easy. or raki got an huge power up from pris or this story is forever broken

Well, maybe not extreme easy but he is only a human and is fighting against 2 number 1. This sucks
Old 2011-06-01, 19:11   Link #33
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post

and wow..i cant believe raki is probably a claymore now o.o ..i actually liked raki better when he was weak lol
Good job. Thanks for doing that for us Too bad you couldn't figure out the Teresa like one but can't blame you for not knowing Chinese since most of us here don't either.

rep+
Old 2011-06-01, 19:11   Link #34
gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by claremore View Post

From Right to Left -
Spoiler for Names:

ps since Hoshino is sick again so no D Gray-man this month, Chpt 206 will appear on next issue
Old 2011-06-01, 19:21   Link #35
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
From Right to Left -
Spoiler for Names:

ps since Hoshino is sick again so no D-grey-man this month, Chpt 206 will appear on next issue

FYI Hysteria was previous referred to as the "The elegant, three armed Licht" in the English scans.

Doesn't really matter though since if Clare can gain a piece of Priscilla upon emerging from the blob she could easily revive Teresa if she survives Priscilla that is, finds out about the zombies, and can find Dae to have him replicate it with Teresa. Who knows Maybe priscilla will help since more than anything she wants to fight Teresa again.

Not saying I want this... just saying I'm expecting this.
Old 2011-06-01, 19:25   Link #36
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene View Post
From Right to Left -
Spoiler for Names:

ps since Hoshino is sick again so no D Gray-man this month, Chpt 206 will appear on next issue
Hey gene. You can read Chinese or whatever don’t you? so what is the story behind. Is raki or not a claymore ? And he was infected by pris or was dae the responsible to ?
Old 2011-06-01, 19:27   Link #37
MalakTawus

Imo Raki is not a claymore since he clearly can't sense yoki,BUT it could be possible that Isley did something to his body so now he could be something like an enhanced-human, maybe like the Mibs that can live A LOT but can't sense human.
...if instead he's just a normal human he's a "monster" (like Guts), definitely a genius swordsman.....but tbh his strenght seemed too much for a normal human.......
Old 2011-06-01, 19:30   Link #38
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Imo Raki is not a claymore since he clearly can't sense yoki,BUT it could be possible that Isley did something to his body so now he could be something like an enhanced-human, maybe like the Mibs that can live A LOT but can't sense human.
...if instead he's just a normal human he's a "monster" (like Guts), definitely a genius swordsman.....but tbh his strenght seemed too much for a normal human.......
And how you do explain that the twins attacked him. They would not attack humans, so there is yoki inside him

enhanced-human are called claymores.
Old 2011-06-01, 19:35   Link #39
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Imo Raki is not a claymore since he clearly can't sense yoki
he could not sense yoki dozens of chapters ago. we don't know about now. I doubt some of the moves he pulled in this fight are possible without sensing yoki. Anyways, based on his eyes it is highly likely he has yoki himself, and based on the fight he can control his own power. In order to control his own power he must be able to somehow percieve it. Hence I say he probably can sense yoki too.
Old 2011-06-01, 19:36   Link #40
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Hey gene. You can read Chinese or whatever don’t you? so what is the story behind. Is raki or not a claymore ? And he was infected by pris or was dae the responsible to ?
Um... it would be better if someone could traslate them directly from the raw version. I know we can read the chapter a little bit ahead of time before the raw comes out thanks to the Chinises with its breaking laws of copyright things, but yeah wish I could read the raws instead.