AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-01, 20:01   Link #421
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've found that camping in BF3 still leaves you vulnerable to attack from other angles unlike other games, where you can be unassailable with correct positioning. But still I find myself switching from attacking and defending all the time in conquest maps. It's silly to remain in one spot and just camp it you get stuff all points. You need to capture stuff and support team mates to really rake in the points.

Can still snipe with machine guns, it's not as accurate as sniper rifles though. I don't really have a problem with it myself. A well aimed bullet is going to kill you regardless of where it comes from.

Thermal scopes are *the* shit. If we can get a long range thermal scope (like that co-op mission) it'd be totally OP - and awesome. Predator mode rawr.

With a ranged thermal scope, MG with bipod, the ammo box and a nice high platform with only ladder access with claymores planted at the top so that when people climb up they get blown up. you'd be totally set for the most troll worthy 7-1 K/D ratio camp ever (1 death because someone will fly the chopper into you at some point).
Old 2011-11-01, 20:21   Link #422
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
When you have a game-type consisting of the directives "attack" and "defend" of course you're going to have defenders (read, campers) protecting their base.
That I can understand. It's the players on a large conquest map who are no where near any objective or major conflict zone, just laying in wait for that one player - read ME - and shoot me in the back.

Fuck I hate that. Fair enugh out manouvre me and shoot me in the back but just waiting like a dog in a out of the way place when both sides ar meant to be advancing shits me to tears.

One bloke did it to me last night so I snuck around the other and shived him like a prisioner. Justice in my opinion.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 20:35   Link #423
Mr Hat and Clogs

Heh. I had a guy in one game camping our runway on a Op: Firestorm. Any time someone got in a jet he'd shoot them. I can sorta see it as denying people resources, but it comes across as more a trolling dick. He did it about half a dozen times until someone killed him. Hopefully with a mortar.
Old 2011-11-01, 21:09   Link #424
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Mortars are pretty dog too. There were three firing on us during Seines Crossing so me and my friends swam across the river and snuck to where they were hiding.

We each got behind an operator whilst my fourth friend covered the approach the enemy would likely come. On my mark we started slashing the operators with our knives and killed them.

Then we liberated an enemy Humvee and did drive bys of the enemy on the way to an objective. You should have seen the abuse those mortar fags were spewing forth.

Old 2011-11-01, 21:17   Link #425
Mr Hat and Clogs

I love the abuse some people spew. Even over the most mundane of kills.

My only gripe with the mortar is that it can somehow hit you in the really skinny alley ways on Seines Crossing. Maybe it's a limit to the destruction engine, but it's my view that it shouldn't be able to reach you in those alleys because the shot would almost have to be vertical. So as far as I'm concerned the shot is going through buildings which seems.. wrong.
Old 2011-11-02, 09:32   Link #426
konart

I finally managed to unlock flares and heat seekers for jets. Thunderbolted two guys for this
Old 2011-11-02, 11:31   Link #427
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Hey I don't really play using any of the flying vehicles and on tanks mostly play the part of machine gunner I have been getting better with the maneuvering around obstacles so any tips you pilots want to give?

I did the most amazing thing I have done since getting battlefield on Sunday, as an engineer on Rush some guys were just rushing us with tanks, I took out like 2 or 3 tanks, killed some people and disarmed the charge. One time I got shot from behind (didnt die) and ran round the building once or twice looking for my attacker, ran upstairs straight past him and by the time he reacted and shot it was over.

Then ran back to the objective killed some more people and ran out of bullets...was it over? No I say I bring out my knife and ran straight to the enemy stabbed him in the face, ran to his mate got shot a big and stabbed him, then finally I get shot and I die. 13-1 that game

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 17:12   Link #428
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For campers/defenders , i like using my Scar-H with therma vision.

I really suck with heli & jet. Need some practice.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 18:42   Link #429
Mr Hat and Clogs

Weapon Damage Chart

Interesting the damage each weapon does over range. The SCAR and the M240B look to be the most potent overall. The SCAR is reasonably easy to get to heh.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:58   Link #430
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Screw damage. I'm always going to stick with the AN-94.
Old 2011-11-03, 01:07   Link #431
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

How does the AEK-971 compare to the other assault rifles? I hath yet to play too much of this game so far, but I'm quite liking it (aside from the slight hoop-jumping with Origin and all, but that's only a minor complaint).

Having played mostly TDM (smattered with some Conquest and Rush on the side, since time isn't on my side right now) in my relatively short time in the game, it is clear that teamwork levels are slightly lower than in the other two modes. Then again, you don't have vehicles or any other objectives to deal with, so I guess it's understandable. It does seem that reviving teammates reduces the enemy kill counter by 1, though you do have to be pretty fast.

Mildly surprised I managed a few kills with an SVD at about close-to-mid range. And recon is normally my weakest class...
In one Conquest match, there were certain few would keep rolling in land vehicles attacking objectives (one of them deciding to camp at one particular point with the Humvee's MG). We lost, but it was quite gratifying having destroyed 7 of them (with the help of some teammates ).

Anyone managed to get any kills with the Repair Tool yet?

EDIT: Watch a trailer for the movie "Act of Valor", get some dog tags. Watch the trailer in its entirety, then you'll get the chance to select the platform of choice to redeem said dog tags for. For PC, it'll just ask you to log into EA, and it'll be added to your BF3 Battlelog automatically. Not sure if the codes you get for the X360/PS3 versions are US only.
http://actofvalor.com/bf3/

Last edited by blaze0041; 2011-11-03 at 04:01.
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 06:13   Link #432
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Mildly surprised I managed a few kills with an SVD at about close-to-mid range. And recon is normally my weakest class...
I find that some of the semi-auto sniper rifles are a beast when you take off the scopes, attach a standard optics and assault with that. My recon class is the class I play the least, yet the SKS is in my top 5 highest recorded kills weapons, with didn't come from sniping

And I rediscovered the joys of the AT mine. Most drivers are still quite oblivious to its dangers and don't actively watch out for them, so a couple of well placed mines always nets me a couple of kills every game.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 09:46   Link #433
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Tried my hand at sniping tonight on Caspian Border.

Luckily I had already gotten a couple of kills with the SV98 to have already unlocked the bipod and 12X ballistic scope.

I was shooting from the hill at the US spawn to blokes on the central "Hill" objective. Must have killed about a dozen enemy snipers with the marksmen reward being about 520. I got one at 560 which I thought was great for my first time shooting the SV98 at such long range.

Old 2011-11-03, 12:09   Link #434
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Finally managed to not chicken out of bad piloting and gave the jet a few tries.
Managed to shoot down 2 other guys and finally unlocked the flares and the heat-seekers.
Still suck at flying though. xD
Ok not that hard anymore... at least I can stay in the air.
Old 2011-11-03, 21:00   Link #435
Mr Hat and Clogs

Had someone shoot me right across Firestorm. From the mountain near the Russian base all the way across the map to the crane near the American base, he got like 1000points each or some such nonsense for killing me and my squad mate I believe.

I think the Littlebird is probably the best chopper for fun. Sure it might not be as powerful as the Havok or Viper but its got heart (it's also ridiculously easy to fly)! I don't even bother with the planes any more. Someone has radar lock on you by the time you get to the end of the runway it seems and you can barely do shit about it.

If you have long load time problems like I do, try:

Quote:
If you are having really long load times on Battlefield 3 then follow these guides on how to fix.

Nvidia Cards.

Open up Nvidia Control Panel
Click on Manage 3D Settings
Click on Program Settings
Select Battlefield 3 in the drop down box (If it's not there click add and find bf3.exe located C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3)
Find Threaded optimization
Turn On
Click Apply

You should now have fast load times when changing maps

AMD/ATI Cards

Download ATT http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.ph ... hp?det=733
Install
Right click on the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen
Click on Tweaks
Click on Advanced Tweaks
In the drop down box select Multi Threaded Support
Change to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)
Make sure the radio box above is ticked
Click apply

This should fix it for you

Try it out and post up if it helps. Am trying today.
The nVidia one works, dunno about the ATI one I have heard conflicting reports about it.

Also, if you want to change your soldiers name the only way to do that atm, is change your Origin ID. It takes about half an hour to propagate through, and you need to relog in and out of Battlelog for the website to update and show the right name. In game it updates automatically regardless of if you re-login in battlelog.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-11-04 at 07:39.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 17:57   Link #436
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Stay low, use cover. People take the helicopters right into open sky, you need to get real close to the ground or be a sneaky SOB and be so high you're out of range of everything and try to pick off jets bellow you and hope no one looks up.

I've had some middling success with placing objects between me and a jet, or scooting around above or between trees or buildings with flares. The antena in Caspian, or the Oil refinery stuff in Firestorm make for good objects. I've had more trouble with ground based stingers then the jets it seems.

AA missiles are good fun if you can get a lock, makes things cheesy almost.

There is something Mission Impossible-esque about flying the Littlebird down the tunnel of Damavand Peak. Supidly hard but oh so hilarious.
Nope. Doesn't work.
Old 2011-11-04, 18:59   Link #437
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Nope. Doesn't work.
I've found you have to hang back a lot more now. Since there's always a plethora of blokes with SAMs running about when there's even the slightest smell of an aircraft.

Fly near cover and rely upon your gunner to get the kills with the pilot scanning for aircraft since they are your biggest threat in my opinion. When someone gets a lock turn out and retreat. Hopefully the gunner will get killed for standing up amidst the middle of battle and you can go back in when the flares recharge.

Jets always go for the slow moving helicopters. I wouldn't mind if the jets would just piss off and dogfight other jets all map.

Old 2011-11-04, 19:52   Link #438
Mr Hat and Clogs

I've been hanging back a little bit more too I've found, just need to be more careful. You can still definitely use the terrain and speed to your advantage, but it does seem as though every man and his dog has a SOFLAM or a SAM now. I love the littlebird on Karg's island it's so much fun zipping around and popping off people from range.

I still say the advice is sound, but you need to adapt to what's going on. Stealth modules are handy too.

Came across a guy in a completely maxed out tank the other day in Davamand Peak. It was a freaking beast. He finished that round 26-0
Old 2011-11-04, 19:58   Link #439
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Just used the AA Tank for the first time. I think it's much more appropriate to call it an anti-infantry vehicle.

Man. 20 and 2. Damn.
Old 2011-11-04, 20:15   Link #440
Mr Hat and Clogs

Tungska? Yeah, I spend a lot of time just killing infantry with the AA guns too. It's hilarious against tanks and vehicles too. If you can get behind a tank with it it will rip the tank to shreds with a good solid burst.

Have you done Metro in Conquest? It's the loliest of grindfests ever. I just use support and medic on it can average like 6-8k easy a game in Metro with that stupid choke point at point B. Seriously though, they should change the map. Move B down towards where C is, and move C back down the tunnel toward the US start and move the US start point to be above ground like the Russian one. As it is atm, it's a complete cluster.